NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics VIII: Dancin' with Manchin

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:53 pm

American Legionaries wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
It would turn off many people giving an overwhelming majority supports it.

No they cannot just make it so. Judges cannot declare themselves the law as they are there to interpret the law not be dictators. There is zero legal basis they could use to outlaw congress and the president. Almost every member of the House would vote to impeach and you’d likely get unanimous support for conviction in the Senate.

Republicans who support gay marriage are unlikely to swap sides over gay marriage. They already vote Republican.

Ah my optimistic friend, let me tell you about voter turn out and a motivated base.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:56 pm

Diahon wrote:i am amazed at those who look at the impending suffering of those they have no opinion about one way or another, see what's on their table, and go "not my problen! now where's my dibs?"

People have a remarkable ability to overlook the suffering of others if it alleviates their own suffering.

We call those people "Dicks."
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:57 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Arlenton wrote:You don't think a SCOTUS majority that, for whatever reason, could take any case and issue a ruling that twists all sorts of stuff into removing Richard Nixon from office?

Well in this scenario, your assertion would be unconstitutional.

Back then? No. People had a sense of integrity.

Nixon would have loved todays senate. All the repubs would have supported Nixon.

Four guys breaking into a hotel in the middle of the night? Pff, they're looking the other way at hundreds storming the Capital building with the intent to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power because they couldn't take an L. If there were an afterlife you have to imagine Nixon going, "Goddammit..."

American Legionaries
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 03, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby American Legionaries » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:00 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
People have a remarkable ability to overlook the suffering of others if it alleviates their own suffering.

We call those people "Dicks."

You do, perhaps.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:01 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:We call those people "Dicks."

You do, perhaps.

Well, only a select few self identify as "Dicks", so there's that.

Greater Miami Shores 3
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Miami Shores 3 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:09 am

You do, perhaps.

People have a different perspective of what is best and how its best.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:15 am

You do, perhaps.

the first step ain't to own powerlessness, but to admit that they might have a point

Greater Miami Shores 3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Miami Shores 3 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:43 am

Diahon wrote:
You do, perhaps.

the first step ain't to own powerlessness, but to admit that they might have a point

I agree with your statement, but I think we disagree on the details of your statement.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:49 am

So remember that two of the five supreme court judges who are likely to vote to overturn Roe v Wade have credible sexual assault allegations against them that got swept under the rug. It’s not about the sanctity of life or the constitution or anything like that, it’s about control over women. Always has been.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Greater Miami Shores 3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Miami Shores 3 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:55 am

Vassenor wrote:So remember that two of the five supreme court judges who are likely to vote to overturn Roe v Wade have credible sexual assault allegations against them that got swept under the rug. It’s not about the sanctity of life or the constitution or anything like that, it’s about control over women. Always has been.

It is about sanctity of life not about control over women. Women are doctors, nurses, lawyers, businesswomen, politicians, supreme court justices and all professions. There were many unproven politically based and politically biased charges against them, by the leftist, liberal, democrat, progressives and leftists of all kinds, there was nothing swept under the rug.
Last edited by Greater Miami Shores 3 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antipatros
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Antipatros » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:58 am

Vassenor wrote:So remember that two of the five supreme court judges who are likely to vote to overturn Roe v Wade have credible sexual assault allegations against them that got swept under the rug. It’s not about the sanctity of life or the constitution or anything like that, it’s about control over women. Always has been.

The Republican Party not caring about the kids once they're born is also a pretty good indicator that the "sanctity of life" thing is just a talking point.

Once they're born, they can drink leaded water and get thrown into the foster care system after their parents die from the China virus. Those little bastards better have a good pair of bootstraps.
Last edited by Antipatros on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:17 am

Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote:

It is about sanctity of life not about control over women. Women are doctors, nurses, lawyers, politicians, supreme court justices and all professions. There were many unproven politically based and politically biased charges against them, by the leftist, liberal, democrat, progressives and leftists of all kinds, there was nothing swept under the rug.

I would make a reply but I was ninja'd, so:

Antipatros wrote:

The Republican Party not caring about the kids once they're born is also a pretty good indicator that the "sanctity of life" thing is just a talking point.

Once they're born, they can drink leaded water and get thrown into the foster care system after their parents die from the China virus. Those little bastards better have a good pair of bootstraps.

Why don't you like women GMS?
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Greater Miami Shores 3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Miami Shores 3 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:19 am

New haven america wrote:
Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote:It is about sanctity of life not about control over women. Women are doctors, nurses, lawyers, politicians, supreme court justices and all professions. There were many unproven politically based and politically biased charges against them, by the leftist, liberal, democrat, progressives and leftists of all kinds, there was nothing swept under the rug.

I would make a reply but I was ninja'd, so:

Antipatros wrote:The Republican Party not caring about the kids once they're born is also a pretty good indicator that the "sanctity of life" thing is just a talking point.

Did I say so? GMS.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:19 am

New haven america wrote:I would make a reply but I was ninja'd, so:

Did I say so? GMS.

Don't have to, if you're against abortion then you are.

So why don't you like women?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:23 am

New haven america wrote:I would make a reply but I was ninja'd, so:

Did I say so? GMS.

I mean you are trying to argue that because women can hold jobs it’s ok to treat them like broodmares.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Greater Miami Shores 3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Miami Shores 3 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:24 am

New haven america wrote:
Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote:Did I say so? GMS.

Don't have to, if you're against abortion then you are.

Did I say so, I like US Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett, Sarah Palin, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the Iron Lady of Britain, Baroness, and British Prime Minister of Great Britain, Maggie Thatcher and many more Lady's.
Last edited by Greater Miami Shores 3 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:26 am

Antipatros wrote:

oooooh yeahhhhhh

the tree of lìberty is nourished by the blood of tyrants!

kid tyrants!
teen tyrants!
old tyrants!

for the low low price of $17.76, see life end at birth!

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:31 am

New haven america wrote:Don't have to, if you're against abortion then you are.

Did I say so, I like US Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett, Sarah Palin, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the Iron Lady of Britain, Baroness, and British Prime Minister of Great Britain, Maggie Thatcher and many more Lady's.

Because they're internally misogynistic.

So why do you hate women?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Greater Miami Shores 3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Miami Shores 3 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:32 am

New haven america wrote:
Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote:Did I say so, I like US Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett, Sarah Palin, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the Iron Lady of Britain, Baroness, and British Prime Minister of Great Britain, Maggie Thatcher and many more Lady's.

Because they're internally misogynistic.

Really?

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:33 am

New haven america wrote:Because they're internally misogynistic.

Really?

Answer the question please, why do you hate women?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:34 am

New haven america wrote:Don't have to, if you're against abortion then you are.

So you also support the widespread oppression of the working classes.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Greater Miami Shores 3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Miami Shores 3 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:35 am

New haven america wrote:
Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote:Really?

Answer the question please, why do you hate women?

I did answer your question.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:36 am

New haven america wrote:Answer the question please, why do you hate women?

I did answer your question.

Must be invisible then cause no one can see it.

Would you mind repeating for the class why you hate women?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Greater Miami Shores 3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Miami Shores 3 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:37 am

New haven america wrote:
Greater Miami Shores 3 wrote:I did answer your question.

Must be invisible then cause no one can see it.

ok, Did I say so, I like US Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett, Sarah Palin, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the Iron Lady of Britain, Baroness, and British Prime Minister of Great Britain, Maggie Thatcher and many more Lady's.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:39 am

New haven america wrote:Must be invisible then cause no one can see it.

ok, Did I say so, I like US Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett, Sarah Palin, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the Iron Lady of Britain, Baroness, and British Prime Minister of Great Britain, Maggie Thatcher and many more Lady's.

So you like a couple of token women means it’s OK to advocate for reducing women to broodmares.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General