NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics VIII: Dancin' with Manchin

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:32 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:As a Trekker since childhood, I just can never take QAnon seriously because calling someone 'Q' always makes me think of someone else.

It also doesn't help that character is essentially an Internet troll with god powers.

That is the most fun reason to not take them seriously, I agree. That they make so many wrong predictions that Harold Camping would think they need to tone it down is another good reason.

Edited to add: Although I'd love to see Trump go to prison for his crimes, I doubt he will. I'd settle for his fat ass and the inane political philosophy he leads vanishing from politics forever though, that'd be nice.
Last edited by Albrenia on Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vystercia-Nasucrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Vystercia-Nasucrea » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:34 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:As a Trekker since childhood, I just can never take QAnon seriously because calling someone 'Q' always makes me think of someone else.

It also doesn't help that character is essentially an Internet troll with god powers.

That is the most fun reason to not take them seriously, I agree. That they make so many wrong predictions that Harold Camping would think they need to tone it down is another good reason.

This reminds me of the Soviet double agent Max, who convinced the Nazis that he served them even while misinforming them from the Kremlin.
"In choosing myself, I choose man." Jean-Paul Sartre
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V from V For Vendetta
"What usually happens when people without guns stand up to people with guns." - Inspector Finch from V For Vendetta
"So, this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." - Padme Amidala from Revenge of the Sith

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:41 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
The Jamesian Republic wrote:
Q doesn’t care about America or any country. Q just wants to create chaos and destruction. If they really cared about America and the world they would expose the Republicans and other parties around the world for what they are.

Q isn't even a real person.

The docu-series Down the Rabbit Hole made a pretty good case that it's those two d-holes that bought 8chan.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:43 pm

Albrenia wrote:

Edited to add: Although I'd love to see Trump go to prison for his crimes, I doubt he will. I'd settle for his fat ass and the inane political philosophy he leads vanishing from politics forever though, that'd be nice.

Some fun in-jokes amongst the Trek community, too.

The Capital Riot seemed to be a breaking point for many people in terms of supporting Trump, but it also seemed to embolden others.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Neoliberal Consensus
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoliberal Consensus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:47 pm

I too also take political ques from Star Trek, but I think Marvel movies are socially important movies and let us know that Captain America was opposed to Nazis.
#Resistance #DemocracyDiesInDarkness.

Pro: Black Lives Matter, rich people, urban people, drone strikes on Middle Easterners, Israel, Corporate America, War on Terror, surveillance state, immigrants, federal police, transgender rights, George Bush, late night talk show hosts, Hillary Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, consumerism, celebrity worship
Anti: White people, poor people, rural people, Palestinians, Syrians, Russians, antisemitism, small businesses, independent media, middle class people, nativism, populism, fascism, Nazism, independent financial systems, retail investors, podcasters, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders

Neoliberal Consensus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neoliberal Consensus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Q isn't even a real person.

The docu-series Down the Rabbit Hole made a pretty good case that it's those two d-holes that bought 8chan.

It is Russian misinformation designed to overthrow Our Democracy.

Pro: Black Lives Matter, rich people, urban people, drone strikes on Middle Easterners, Israel, Corporate America, War on Terror, surveillance state, immigrants, federal police, transgender rights, George Bush, late night talk show hosts, Hillary Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, consumerism, celebrity worship
Anti: White people, poor people, rural people, Palestinians, Syrians, Russians, antisemitism, small businesses, independent media, middle class people, nativism, populism, fascism, Nazism, independent financial systems, retail investors, podcasters, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders

Vystercia-Nasucrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vystercia-Nasucrea » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Some fun in-jokes amongst the Trek community, too.

The Capital Riot seemed to be a breaking point for many people in terms of supporting Trump, but it also seemed to embolden others.

He's a sniveling coward who incited others to commit high treason while cowering safely in the White House. What a pathetic buffoon! If I were Mike Pence, I would sever all ties and work to bring him down, even at the cost of the GOP's political survival. But then, I'm not Mike Pence. I could never imagine being so co-dependent upon a spouse.
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V from V For Vendetta
"What usually happens when people without guns stand up to people with guns." - Inspector Finch from V For Vendetta
"So, this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." - Padme Amidala from Revenge of the Sith

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 pm

Neoliberal Consensus wrote:

I too also take political ques from Star Trek, but I think Marvel movies are socially important movies and let us know that Captain America was opposed to Nazis.

It was a joke
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Neoliberal Consensus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neoliberal Consensus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:49 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:

It was a joke

People tell me I have a great sense of humor

Ispravlennaja Tsekovija
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ispravlennaja Tsekovija » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:50 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:The docu-series Down the Rabbit Hole made a pretty good case that it's those two d-holes that bought 8chan.

not even pro neolib but this is the dumbest concept for a troll account i've seen in a while and you're not clever for doing this
""nsg is dumb" —barack obama" —plato

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:52 pm

Ispravlennaja Tsekovija wrote:

not even pro neolib but this is the dumbest concept for a troll account i've seen in a while and you're not clever for doing this

pot meet kettle.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Vystercia-Nasucrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vystercia-Nasucrea » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Ispravlennaja Tsekovija wrote:not even pro neolib but this is the dumbest concept for a troll account i've seen in a while and you're not clever for doing this

pot meet kettle.

Exactly. Neoliberals are trash, rad fems are trash, and trolls are trash, too. Social democracy for the win!

Neoliberal Consensus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neoliberal Consensus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:54 pm

Ispravlennaja Tsekovija wrote:

Your white supremacist bro-culture bullying is noted. Where do you work? You should be fired for this.

Vystercia-Nasucrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vystercia-Nasucrea » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:56 pm

Ispravlennaja Tsekovija wrote:not even pro neolib but this is the dumbest concept for a troll account i've seen in a while and you're not clever for doing this

Your white supremacist bro-culture bullying is noted. Where do you work? You should be fired for this.

Maybe lay off the Merlot and barbiturates for a while, ma'am.
Last edited by Vystercia-Nasucrea on Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neoliberal Consensus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neoliberal Consensus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:58 pm

Vystercia-Nasucrea wrote:

Don't kink shame. Liberal wine aunts are heroes. They're not Karens if they like corporate liberalism.

Jokes aside, criticisms of our establishment have worrying hints of antisemitism and populist movements among the lower classes should be ignored. If they can't compete in a globalized society, then too bad.
Last edited by Neoliberal Consensus on Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:59 pm

just put 'em on a foe list. not that hard
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Vystercia-Nasucrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vystercia-Nasucrea » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:01 pm

Don't kink shame. Liberal wine aunts are heroes. They're not Karens if they like corporate liberalism.

Jokes aside, criticisms of our establishment have worrying hints of antisemitism and populist movements among the lower classes should be ignored. If they can't compete in a globalized society, then too bad.

The same establishment that drug us into a Drug War at great human cost and also four major wars in the Middle East, not to mention increasing neo-McCarthyism over RussiaGate (increasingly being exposed as a hoax)?
That establishment, the one that was hideously wrong about every single issue of consequence in the past century. Yeah, I'm very worried about questioning their incompetence and corruption.
Last edited by Vystercia-Nasucrea on Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 pm

Seeing this many accounts with lava hot takes lately reminds me of Twitter. Is NSG being Twitterified?
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 pm

Picairn wrote:Seeing this many accounts with lava hot takes lately reminds me of Twitter. Is NSG being Twitterified?

Maybe we have an NS Winter in addition to an NS Summer.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Vystercia-Nasucrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vystercia-Nasucrea » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Picairn wrote:Seeing this many accounts with lava hot takes lately reminds me of Twitter. Is NSG being Twitterified?

Maybe we have an NS Winter in addition to an NS Summer.

Winter is here at last! Still waiting on Jesus, though. :rofl:

Neoliberal Consensus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neoliberal Consensus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:06 pm

The same establishment that drug us into a Drug War at great human cost and also four major wars in the Middle East, not to mention increasing neo-McCarthyism over RussiaGate (increasingly being exposed as a hoax)?
That establishment, the one that was hideously wrong about every single issue of consequence in the past century. Yeah, I'm very worried about questioning their incompetence and corruption.

Our wars in the Middle East were justified and you are spreading Russian Putler Trumpist propaganda by opposing them. We needed to bring Democracy, Coca-Cola, and the NFL to the Iraqi people so they can see that our way of life with radio pop music and mostly peaceful protests are superior. Also, we needed to protect Israel from the neo-Nazi regime of Saddam Hussein.

Why is it that criticism of our Democratic Institutions and the Experts (who you call the "establishment") always comes from crazy conspiracy theorists and antisemites?

Vystercia-Nasucrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vystercia-Nasucrea » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:07 pm

Our wars in the Middle East were justified and you are spreading Russian Putler Trumpist propaganda by opposing them. We needed to bring Democracy, Coca-Cola, and the NFL to the Iraqi people so they can see that our way of life with radio pop music and mostly peaceful protests are superior. Also, we needed to protect Israel from the neo-Nazi regime of Saddam Hussein.

Why is it that criticism of our Democratic Institutions and the Experts (who you call the "establishment") always comes from crazy conspiracy theorists and antisemites?

My Jewish ancestors would be shocked at my alleged anti-Semitism.

Ispravlennaja Tsekovija
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ispravlennaja Tsekovija » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:07 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:

pot meet kettle.

i'm nowhere near a themed troll account LOL

yawn. ever hear that brevity is the soul of wit? bc it doesn't seem like you've internalized that message.
""nsg is dumb" —barack obama" —plato

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:11 pm

tfw
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:11 pm

Whenever I'm confronted with a moral or ethical dilemma, I just ask myself, "What Would Captain America Do?"

(Captain America punches the Nazis.)
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General