NATION

PASSWORD

Hot Takes Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Fri May 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Hispida wrote:hot take: there's nothing wrong with hypocrisy

I guess though it doesn’t help your image or your argument.
Become an Independent. You’ll see how liberating it is.
My Political Beliefs: The Jamesianist Manifesto
General Theme
Special Theme

Kerwa
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kerwa » Fri May 27, 2022 5:27 pm

The Jamesian Republic wrote:
Hispida wrote:hot take: there's nothing wrong with hypocrisy

“A foolish consistency is the hobgobin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines”. - Emerson.

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Fri May 27, 2022 6:28 pm

Kerwa wrote:

“A foolish consistency is the hobgobin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines”. - Emerson.

Okay.
General Theme
Special Theme

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri May 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Kerwa wrote:

Okay.

Essentially just because the person conveying x message is a hypocrite, it doesn't mean that the concept that they were bringing to you is wrong.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Afrikan Staat
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Afrikan Staat » Fri May 27, 2022 8:18 pm

In the most ironic twist possible the Trump Administration saw the largest American welfare expansion and the result was the most dramatic reduction of American poverty in modern history. The succeeding Democratic trifecta undid most of it.

It is an apocalyptic total war of survival. A death crusade between two forces: that of the White race against the Serpent. Only one side will win and inherit all of Africa, for the other will be utterly and completely annihilated.

2022 May 21 | Southern Daily Herald | PM Lord Kindley announces national immunization program to "counter Jamahiriyan bioweapons", targets 48 key diseases | SILENT KILLER! The horrors of negro-related immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/NRIDS), in pictures | Transvaal govt. begins state-wide clearing of all "HIV-infested" negro slums, citing "public health concerns"
Yes, I'm gonna use Makoto Naegi as the face of global racism | If this nation gives you brain cancer, please check out my other works.

Umeria
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umeria » Fri May 27, 2022 8:23 pm

Afrikan Staat wrote:In the most ironic twist possible the Trump Administration saw the largest American welfare expansion and the result was the most dramatic reduction of American poverty in modern history. The succeeding Democratic trifecta undid most of it.

That was from covid relief right? iirc it was undone because they didn't extend it, not because they actively cancelled it
Last edited by Umeria on Fri May 27, 2022 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador Anthony Lockwood, at your service.
Author of GAR #389

"Umeria - We start with U"

Free Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Algerstonia » Fri May 27, 2022 8:26 pm

all movies are non-fictional
Last edited by Free Algerstonia on Fri May 27, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2020

Postby Northern Seleucia » Fri May 27, 2022 8:34 pm

Afrikan Staat wrote:In the most ironic twist possible the Trump Administration saw the largest American welfare expansion and the result was the most dramatic reduction of American poverty in modern history. The succeeding Democratic trifecta undid most of it.

They both became the very things they swore to destroy.
The United States of America
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
American Imperialist - Evangelical Christian
Слава Україні! - Stand with Israel
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri May 27, 2022 8:36 pm

Free Algerstonia wrote:all movies are non-fictional

Well yes, but no. Uh, yesn't.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri May 27, 2022 8:40 pm

did you not notice the massive teethpulling that had to be done just to get Congress to hand out a few comfort moneys?
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Afrikan Staat
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Afrikan Staat » Fri May 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:

They both became the very things they swore to destroy.

Additionally, the Republican administration's welfare program was paid by debt and printing money and resulted in sky-high inflation, while the Dems didn't renew it because it's quite obviously fiscally irresponsible to do so.

It is an apocalyptic total war of survival. A death crusade between two forces: that of the White race against the Serpent. Only one side will win and inherit all of Africa, for the other will be utterly and completely annihilated.

2022 May 21 | Southern Daily Herald | PM Lord Kindley announces national immunization program to "counter Jamahiriyan bioweapons", targets 48 key diseases | SILENT KILLER! The horrors of negro-related immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/NRIDS), in pictures | Transvaal govt. begins state-wide clearing of all "HIV-infested" negro slums, citing "public health concerns"
Yes, I'm gonna use Makoto Naegi as the face of global racism | If this nation gives you brain cancer, please check out my other works.

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Fri May 27, 2022 8:56 pm

Afrikan Staat wrote:
Northern Seleucia wrote:They both became the very things they swore to destroy.

Additionally, the Republican administration's welfare program was paid by debt and printing money and resulted in sky-high inflation, while the Dems didn't renew it because it's quite obviously fiscally irresponsible to do so.

American politics have become very turbulent to the point where I don't know which party does what anymore.
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Broader Confederate States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Fri May 27, 2022 8:57 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Afrikan Staat wrote:Additionally, the Republican administration's welfare program was paid by debt and printing money and resulted in sky-high inflation, while the Dems didn't renew it because it's quite obviously fiscally irresponsible to do so.

American politics have become very turbulent to the point where I don't know which party does what anymore.

There isn't actually a real difference besides a few wedge social issues.
President: Phillip J. Morris | Location: Southern U.S., plus Puerto Rico and Alaska | Government Type: Confederation | Year: 2066 | Technology: Oil Crisis MT+ | OOC
haha аляска | Rewrite un-canned, expect it before 2021 March September 2030 maybe. | i honestly forgot basically every interaction i've had on these forums from before like july | We're proud to present...
Witty unattributed quote I'm using to pretend I'm more intelligent than I really am.
--proud to be anti-federalist--

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Fri May 27, 2022 9:11 pm

Umeria wrote:

That was from covid relief right? iirc it was undone because they didn't extend it, not because they actively cancelled it

If it is referring to covid relief then connecting it to the reduction in poverty is a shit take. The reduction in poverty happened before covid, due to rising blue collar wages. It is true though, that the progress has been lost, wages increased under Trump by 9%(BoLS), but so far in 22 we've seen 8% increase in prices (CPI) and thats' on top of the 4.7% from last year.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

East Lodge
Attaché

Founded: Sep 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Lodge » Fri May 27, 2022 9:17 pm

Haganham wrote:
Umeria wrote:That was from covid relief right? iirc it was undone because they didn't extend it, not because they actively cancelled it

If it is referring to covid relief then connecting it to the reduction in poverty is a shit take. The reduction in poverty happened before covid, due to rising blue collar wages. It is true though, that the progress has been lost, wages increased under Trump by 9%(BoLS), but so far in 22 we've seen 8% increase in prices (CPI) and thats' on top of the 4.7% from last year.

Hmm can't say I've researched enough about this

Purely from this content alone, this does *appear* to check out. More information is needed, before I can make a final conclusion.

The nicer we are the less efficient we get. The more people feel I danger, the more they'll do to make themselves safe. If you put someone in a safe situation, they don't do as much. They don't see a reason to defend themselves or keep others at bay
Log 3,284,193B:
I escaped the rp alien scientists, the rp mafia, and rp death. I am back from the grave. Also I use stats (ironically and to match my canon).

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Fri May 27, 2022 9:30 pm

Broader Confederate States wrote:
Northern Seleucia wrote:American politics have become very turbulent to the point where I don't know which party does what anymore.

There isn't actually a real difference besides a few wedge social issues.

I saw a meme once that showed a republican admin with a b-52 bomber dropping bombs with MAGA and Christian flags and them with a Dem. Admin. with the BLM fist and a Pride Flag plastered on the same exact bomber
Feel like that's accurate.

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Founded: Nov 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Fri May 27, 2022 9:55 pm

The far-right scum that post on /pol/ and /b/ and complain about “degenerates” are unironically the real degenerates.
30 year old American male living in Minneapolis, MN.
Other than that, I’m not sure what I am.

Afrikan Staat
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Afrikan Staat » Fri May 27, 2022 10:38 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Afrikan Staat wrote:Additionally, the Republican administration's welfare program was paid by debt and printing money and resulted in sky-high inflation, while the Dems didn't renew it because it's quite obviously fiscally irresponsible to do so.

I mean the "put immigrant children in cages" was first started during the Obama era, Trump's defense budget was the most anti-Russian at the time (which follows the general trend), and Biden kept Trump's trade wars rules against China.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri May 27, 2022 11:07 pm

ecuador fucking deserved it after they interfered in the ethereal elections
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Kerwa
Minister

Postby Kerwa » Sat May 28, 2022 3:42 am

TV and Movies should be made really really boring. Like 1950s BBC boring. Arthur Askey boring.

It would be cheaper and people would be happier.

Kerwa
Minister

Postby Kerwa » Sat May 28, 2022 4:20 am

Also, there’s people that keeping banging on about their privilege. We get it. You’re upper middle class. Everybody knew that already and there’s no need to remind us every other minute. It’s a fucking tedious humblebrag at this point and no-one cares. :frownyface:

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sat May 28, 2022 4:48 am

Kerwa wrote:TV and Movies should be made really really boring. Like 1950s BBC boring. Arthur Askey boring.

It would be cheaper and people would be happier.

Doubt.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat May 28, 2022 7:25 am

As a centrist, I am sick to death of left-wingers accusing us of being right-wingers in disguise. The right wing might view our beliefs as being far left, but at least they don't accuse us of lying about being leftist the way that the left-wing accuses us of lying about being right wingers. It really pisses me off. You don't get to accuse someone of lying about not being a right winger just because we're further right of where you stand. For all their faults (and believe me, there are plenty of faults), at least most right wingers don't accuse us of lying about not being a left-winger. Sure, you might get the occasional right-winger who does, but it's nothing like those on the left. This kind of shit actually turns centrists away from the left, making it, at least to some people, a fulfilling prophesy
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sat May 28, 2022 7:33 am

Australian rePublic wrote:As a centrist, I am sick to death of left-wingers accusing us of being right-wingers in disguise. The right wing might view our beliefs as being far left, but at least they don't accuse us of lying about being leftist the way that the left-wing accuses us of lying about being right wingers. It really pisses me off. You don't get to accuse someone of lying about not being a right winger just because we're further right of where you stand. For all their faults (and believe me, there are plenty of faults), at least most right wingers don't accuse us of lying about not being a left-winger. Sure, you might get the occasional right-winger who does, but it's nothing like those on the left. This kind of shit actually turns centrists away from the left, making it, at least to some people, a fulfilling prophesy

so what have you done for the advancement of the proletariat cause today?
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Sat May 28, 2022 7:43 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:As a centrist, I am sick to death of left-wingers accusing us of being right-wingers in disguise. The right wing might view our beliefs as being far left, but at least they don't accuse us of lying about being leftist the way that the left-wing accuses us of lying about being right wingers. It really pisses me off. You don't get to accuse someone of lying about not being a right winger just because we're further right of where you stand. For all their faults (and believe me, there are plenty of faults), at least most right wingers don't accuse us of lying about not being a left-winger. Sure, you might get the occasional right-winger who does, but it's nothing like those on the left. This kind of shit actually turns centrists away from the left, making it, at least to some people, a fulfilling prophesy

so what have you done for the advancement of the proletariat cause today?

Universal Healthcare.
General Theme
Special Theme

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General