NATION

PASSWORD

Hot Takes Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon May 23, 2022 7:27 pm

Hamidiye wrote:
Northern Seleucia wrote:Oh, for real? Awesome. What do you cook?

mid-class italian restaurant.

That's awesome. Beginning in January of this year, I've been on a personal food tour of stuff here in Boston. I've tried dozens of italian restaurants, and damn....I love it. I've eaten linguine for the first time, I ate some chicken alfredo that really hit the spot...and I've had some disappointments (I went to Rhode Island and never returned to that place.)
Last edited by Northern Seleucia on Mon May 23, 2022 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United States of America
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
American Imperialist - Evangelical Christian
Слава Україні! - Stand with Israel
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 pm

Hamidiye wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:Them and dominoes are truly the only ones who can out pizza the Hut by far

You americans need to get kicked in the balls collectively for what your country did to Pizza. Dominos... blergch, really? That sh** should come with a warning label. o0

Am American. Went to the military base in Vicenza, Italy once. Pizza was good, but it didn't build up my immune system from the chemics I have ingested like the American food.
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Malaiya Union
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Malaiya Union » Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Gen X is now the most conservative generation in America, surpassing even Boomers. Gen X is the generation that receives the greatest amount of lead contamination. Correlation does not imply causation.
前進馬來亞 | Imagine a Singapore, but the scale of Indonesia

Chinese people took over Malaya; its native Malay and tribal people bulldozed by overpopulated megacities sprawl, destructive palm plantations, and hyper-competitive "kiasu" corporate culture. Under the authoritarian technocracy of Lee Kuan Yew and his "Kongsi government", the quasi-apartheid state grew into a cyberpunk techno-industrial behemoth equal to Japan. Yet the specter of Maoism and Islamism among the second-class is ever-present...

This nation is dedicated to the Islamist cleric near my friend's house, who preached during Friday sermon that the Chinese will buy up all the land and expell all the Muslims and the Muslims will be forced to live on top of the mountains. (It was election season).

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon May 23, 2022 7:39 pm

Malaiya Union wrote:Gen X is now the most conservative generation in America, surpassing even Boomers. Gen X is the generation that receives the greatest amount of lead contamination. Correlation does not imply causation.

If crap keeps going the way it is, Gen X will have lead poisoning and Gen Z will have radiation poisoning.

Umeria
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umeria » Mon May 23, 2022 7:51 pm

Torisakia wrote:
Umeria wrote:disregard the above posters, little ceasars is objectively the worst food i have ever had in my life

Must not have had much food in life, I assume? I can think of a long list of foods that are worse. For instance, asparagus is terrible.

Asparagus is a normal-tasting vegetable, on par with most other vegetables. Prepared right it's downright good. Little Ceasar's on the other hand has made me want to vomit every time I had it. Your opinion on asparagus combined with your previous take suggests to me that you have a severe fast food addiction.
Ambassador Anthony Lockwood, at your service.
Author of GAR #389

"Umeria - We start with U"

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Mon May 23, 2022 7:53 pm

Umeria wrote:
Torisakia wrote:Must not have had much food in life, I assume? I can think of a long list of foods that are worse. For instance, asparagus is terrible.

Asparagus is a normal-tasting vegetable, on par with most other vegetables. Prepared right it's downright good. Little Ceasar's on the other hand has made me want to vomit every time I had it. Your opinion on asparagus combined with your previous take suggests to me that you have a severe fast food addiction.

little caesar's is the only fast food pizza chain i can stomach tbh

domino's is too flavorful, pizza hut is soggy and gross, papa john's has WAY too much sauce, and marco's likes to give me food poisoning
FUCK ISRAEL FUCK THE GENOCIDE FREE PALESTINE (they/them)
"Genocide, after all, is an exercise in community building." - Philip Gourevitch
NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Red Lake Circle
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Lake Circle » Mon May 23, 2022 7:55 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Malaiya Union wrote:Gen X is now the most conservative generation in America, surpassing even Boomers. Gen X is the generation that receives the greatest amount of lead contamination. Correlation does not imply causation.

If crap keeps going the way it is, Gen X will have lead poisoning and Gen Z will have radiation poisoning.

Hey now, we're already poisoned! it's called microplastics
✶ ✶ ✶ The Naturalist Federation of Laguzrauth ✶ ✶ ✶
"For Nature and Liberty!"
- AHAKS NEWS RADIO -
01/15/1583 2000 GST: The trial for the murder of Faurgamu Reiks, the former head of National Revival who had connections to the terrorist group the Harjis Witoth, comes to a conclusion. Both Awareik Fairgunein and Hawi Marthal were convicted of second-degree murder. The public has a mixed response, with some agreeing with the sentencing and others believing the killing was justified. Presiding judge Aiktriu K. Kam responds, "I stand with the law, not public opinion."
Red Lake does not necssarily represent my personal views. I promise I'll make a tech factbook eventually. NS stats didn't respect the wildlife and got mauled. Language is Gothic.

Umeria
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umeria » Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 pm

Hispida wrote:
Umeria wrote:Asparagus is a normal-tasting vegetable, on par with most other vegetables. Prepared right it's downright good. Little Ceasar's on the other hand has made me want to vomit every time I had it. Your opinion on asparagus combined with your previous take suggests to me that you have a severe fast food addiction.

little caesar's is the only fast food pizza chain i can stomach tbh

domino's is too flavorful, pizza hut is soggy and gross, papa john's has WAY too much sauce, and marco's likes to give me food poisoning

It's possible that the problem is the specific little caesar's I went to and not the whole chain
Ambassador Anthony Lockwood, at your service.
Author of GAR #389

"Umeria - We start with U"

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Mon May 23, 2022 8:01 pm

Asparagus stalks have a better taste and texture than the rough bit at the top.

Little Caesar's is also average but okay.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Mon May 23, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

The Free Republican Union
Attaché

Founded: Nov 29, 2021

Postby The Free Republican Union » Mon May 23, 2022 9:43 pm

Vinyl is here to stay as a popular media for music.
"We are all here, defending our independence, our country. And it will stay that way. Glory to the men and women defending us. Glory to Ukraine. Glory to the heroes.”
- Volodymyr Zelensky

#StandWithUkraine! Stay informed!
Born out of unrest, North American destabilization, and civil war within the United States, the Free Republican Union is a rebirth of the American ideal and frame of mind through Republican principles and values. I don't use NS stats.
Overview | Map | Constitution | Politics

Broader Confederate States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Mon May 23, 2022 9:54 pm

Mac OS X Jaguar is a great OS and in many respects better than Tiger. It's not as good as Mac OS 9.2, but it does support more software features than it. On computers that can run it, especially those that can't run Mac OS 9, it is almost a must-have. Plus, it's not spyware-ridden like modern Windows and modern CPUs are. Linux doesn't help if it's still running on silicon hewn by either Intel or AMD, IBM is still your only good option for libre computing until libre-SoC starts selling their Microwatt-based CPUs.
President: Phillip J. Morris | Location: Southern U.S., plus Puerto Rico and Alaska | Government Type: Confederation | Year: 2066 | Technology: Oil Crisis MT+ | OOC
haha аляска | Rewrite un-canned, expect it before 2021 March September 2030 maybe. | i honestly forgot basically every interaction i've had on these forums from before like july | We're proud to present...
Witty unattributed quote I'm using to pretend I'm more intelligent than I really am.
--proud to be anti-federalist--

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Mon May 23, 2022 10:09 pm

Umeria wrote:
Torisakia wrote:Little Caesar's is actually good. People just hate it because it's cheap and it hurts their ego to buy cheap stuff.

disregard the above posters, little ceasars is objectively the worst food i have ever had in my life

Objectively the worst food I have ever had in my life was from my college cafeteria. Our food service was — I am not making this up — ruled to be cruel and unusual punishment to serve to prisoners. We got halfway decent frozen pizzas on Family Weekend, but the rest of the time the "pizzas" were literally slices of French bread with ketchup and a sprinkling of cheese on top, and sometimes a pepperoni or two, kept warm and soggy in a steamer. We could always tell when we were having hamburgers, because of the clouds of cow-scented smoke billowing from the cafeteria. They were basically charcoal briquettes with a meat center. But the worst thing they ever served me was a turkeyburger, which I took one bite of and immediately spit it out, because the alternative would have been vomiting it up. It tasted like someone already had.

I wouldn't call Little Caesar's good, exactly, but you get what you pay for. And it's still edible when it's cold, unlike Pizza Hut, which coagulates into a cake of Crisco. And it's just straight-up better than Papa John's.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue May 24, 2022 1:37 am

Hamidiye wrote:
Northern Seleucia wrote:This man really the food analyst over here damm

Well, I am a cook. 8)

Based. I just cook as a hobby, mind if I ask for advice every now and then?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Tue May 24, 2022 3:13 am

Eahland wrote:
Umeria wrote:disregard the above posters, little ceasars is objectively the worst food i have ever had in my life

Objectively the worst food I have ever had in my life was from my college cafeteria. Our food service was — I am not making this up — ruled to be cruel and unusual punishment to serve to prisoners. We got halfway decent frozen pizzas on Family Weekend, but the rest of the time the "pizzas" were literally slices of French bread with ketchup and a sprinkling of cheese on top, and sometimes a pepperoni or two, kept warm and soggy in a steamer. We could always tell when we were having hamburgers, because of the clouds of cow-scented smoke billowing from the cafeteria. They were basically charcoal briquettes with a meat center. But the worst thing they ever served me was a turkeyburger, which I took one bite of and immediately spit it out, because the alternative would have been vomiting it up. It tasted like someone already had.

I wouldn't call Little Caesar's good, exactly, but you get what you pay for. And it's still edible when it's cold, unlike Pizza Hut, which coagulates into a cake of Crisco. And it's just straight-up better than Papa John's.

Unironically sounds like elementary and middle school lunch.

I think that crap is what gave me a steel stomach. Eight years of school food made it so that I could easily down a whole box of Little Caesars or Dominos or Pizza Hut and walk away without a care in the world.

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Tue May 24, 2022 6:08 am

the alien vs. predator movies aren't actually that bad
FUCK ISRAEL FUCK THE GENOCIDE FREE PALESTINE (they/them)
"Genocide, after all, is an exercise in community building." - Philip Gourevitch
NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Tue May 24, 2022 6:21 am

Hispida wrote:the alien vs. predator movies aren't actually that bad

Never seen them tbh

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue May 24, 2022 6:36 am

Eahland wrote:

Hungry Howie's is the best broke-ass pizza by far.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Red Lake Circle
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Lake Circle » Tue May 24, 2022 6:52 am

Page wrote:
Eahland wrote:Objectively the worst food I have ever had in my life was from my college cafeteria. Our food service was — I am not making this up — ruled to be cruel and unusual punishment to serve to prisoners. We got halfway decent frozen pizzas on Family Weekend, but the rest of the time the "pizzas" were literally slices of French bread with ketchup and a sprinkling of cheese on top, and sometimes a pepperoni or two, kept warm and soggy in a steamer. We could always tell when we were having hamburgers, because of the clouds of cow-scented smoke billowing from the cafeteria. They were basically charcoal briquettes with a meat center. But the worst thing they ever served me was a turkeyburger, which I took one bite of and immediately spit it out, because the alternative would have been vomiting it up. It tasted like someone already had.

You're all wrong, the best broke pizza place is (CHEAPO LOCAL PLACE THAT WOULD ABSOLUTELY GET ME DOXXED IF IT POSTED ITS NAME)!
✶ ✶ ✶ The Naturalist Federation of Laguzrauth ✶ ✶ ✶
"For Nature and Liberty!"
- AHAKS NEWS RADIO -
01/15/1583 2000 GST: The trial for the murder of Faurgamu Reiks, the former head of National Revival who had connections to the terrorist group the Harjis Witoth, comes to a conclusion. Both Awareik Fairgunein and Hawi Marthal were convicted of second-degree murder. The public has a mixed response, with some agreeing with the sentencing and others believing the killing was justified. Presiding judge Aiktriu K. Kam responds, "I stand with the law, not public opinion."
Red Lake does not necssarily represent my personal views. I promise I'll make a tech factbook eventually. NS stats didn't respect the wildlife and got mauled. Language is Gothic.

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Tue May 24, 2022 7:04 am

Red Lake Circle wrote:
Page wrote:

You're all wrong, the best broke pizza place is (CHEAPO LOCAL PLACE THAT WOULD ABSOLUTELY GET ME DOXXED IF IT POSTED ITS NAME)!

Incorrect, the pizza I bought in an alleyway in Chinatown in New York from some sketchy person totally not involved with the mafia was the best broke pizza place.

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Tue May 24, 2022 7:07 am

Why are local pizza places in media (also occasionally IRL, like my local pizza place) always just named, like, an italian name, occasionally accompanied by a "big" or "little" before it?
Like, "Big Tony's", "Little Guisseppe's", "Bellissimo's"
What's the deal with that?
The Federal Republic of Germany"Gott Mit Uns"Established 7/30/1947
A Grand and Free Germany, with Fair and Democratic elections, United in their chant for Prosperity. After the world war, large-scale education campaigns made the modern germany one of the most politically stable, anti-Fascist nations in the world.
|President: Gottfried Schaffer (DPB)|Prime Minister: Monika Wißler (SDP)|
Map
 WächterNEWS|Populist Right Wing Eine Deutschland Partei, 4th in Bundestag, makes official statement towards the acquirement of the Rhineland. Friday, November 19th, 2021 8:16 PM CET

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue May 24, 2022 7:09 am

Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:Why are local pizza places in media (also occasionally IRL, like my local pizza place) always just named, like, an italian name, occasionally accompanied by a "big" or "little" before it?

I can't name one place with that kind of name irl. At all.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Bewaffnete Krafte
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bewaffnete Krafte » Tue May 24, 2022 7:10 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Bewaffnete Krafte wrote:Why are local pizza places in media (also occasionally IRL, like my local pizza place) always just named, like, an italian name, occasionally accompanied by a "big" or "little" before it?

I can't name one place with that kind of name irl. At all.

Yeah, exactly. It's moreso in media. I distinctly remember it in Spiderman PS4, but I definitely have seen that kind of name elsewhere.
The Federal Republic of Germany"Gott Mit Uns"Established 7/30/1947
A Grand and Free Germany, with Fair and Democratic elections, United in their chant for Prosperity. After the world war, large-scale education campaigns made the modern germany one of the most politically stable, anti-Fascist nations in the world.
|President: Gottfried Schaffer (DPB)|Prime Minister: Monika Wißler (SDP)|
Map
 WächterNEWS|Populist Right Wing Eine Deutschland Partei, 4th in Bundestag, makes official statement towards the acquirement of the Rhineland. Friday, November 19th, 2021 8:16 PM CET

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue May 24, 2022 7:13 am

Gives the place a personal feel.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Tue May 24, 2022 7:16 am

Glad to see we're discussing food hot takes. I like Italian food, and my favorite place locally, makes this really good Chicken Parm. The sauce is a little watery, and they completely doused the pasta with it, but other then that it's good.
Eahland wrote:Objectively the worst food I have ever had in my life was from my college cafeteria. Our food service was — I am not making this up — ruled to be cruel and unusual punishment to serve to prisoners. We got halfway decent frozen pizzas on Family Weekend, but the rest of the time the "pizzas" were literally slices of French bread with ketchup and a sprinkling of cheese on top, and sometimes a pepperoni or two, kept warm and soggy in a steamer. We could always tell when we were having hamburgers, because of the clouds of cow-scented smoke billowing from the cafeteria. They were basically charcoal briquettes with a meat center. But the worst thing they ever served me was a turkeyburger, which I took one bite of and immediately spit it out, because the alternative would have been vomiting it up. It tasted like someone already had.

School food is sh*t. The cheese had this little film-like coating on it, and the smell was awful.

The best pizza chain I've tasted would be Dominoes. Little Caesar's is meh, Papa Johns isn't good, and Marcos is decent.

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Postby Northern Seleucia » Tue May 24, 2022 7:31 am

Hmm, the pizza places in my general area:

University House of Pizza
Revere House of Pizza
Tremont House of Pizza
Boston House of Pizza
Nick's Place II
Little Steve's Pizza
Rizzo's Pizza

And each and every one of them are freakin' delicious.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General