NATION

PASSWORD

Hot Takes Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon May 23, 2022 4:24 pm

Hispida wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:You clearly have never eaten in New Orleans. So much amazing food in such a small place

the food is like the only good thing about new orleans tbqh

The bars, the music, the crew's.

Even the convention center had decent food.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Mon May 23, 2022 4:45 pm

Little Caesar's is actually good. People just hate it because it's cheap and it hurts their ego to buy cheap stuff.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Mon May 23, 2022 4:55 pm

Torisakia wrote:Little Caesar's is actually good. People just hate it because it's cheap and it hurts their ego to buy cheap stuff.

factually true wtf
FUCK ISRAEL FUCK THE GENOCIDE FREE PALESTINE (they/them)
"Who, today, speaks of the Armenians?"
NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Mon May 23, 2022 5:09 pm

Torisakia wrote:Little Caesar's is actually good. People just hate it because it's cheap and it hurts their ego to buy cheap stuff.

Little Caesar’s is one half of my Christmas Eve dinner.
Happy May Day! (Yes this is the SocDem flag. No I do not care).
My Political Beliefs: The Jamesianist Manifesto
General Theme
Special Theme

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Mon May 23, 2022 5:38 pm

The Jamesian Republic wrote:

What kind of food do they serve there?

Here we have the traditional sausages and potato salad, like the krauts usually do, on christmas eve. :D
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Stellae signa sunt in caelo
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!
Pro: Social Authoritarianism, Kemalism, Militarism. Contra: liberalism, capitalism, communism, progressivism, religion

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon May 23, 2022 5:39 pm

Hamidiye wrote:
The Jamesian Republic wrote:

Here we have the traditional sausages and potato salad, like the krauts usually do, on christmas eve. :D

We go out for Chinese

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 23, 2022 5:40 pm

Them and dominoes are truly the only ones who can out pizza the Hut by far
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Umeria
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umeria » Mon May 23, 2022 5:42 pm

disregard the above posters, little ceasars is objectively the worst food i have ever had in my life
Ambassador Anthony Lockwood, at your service.
Author of GAR #389

"Umeria - We start with U"

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Mon May 23, 2022 5:44 pm

The pizza is mediocre but they have the best cheese bread of any pizza chain.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Mon May 23, 2022 5:44 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:

You americans need to get kicked in the balls collectively for what your country did to Pizza. Dominos... blergch, really? That sh** should come with a warning label. o0
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!
Pro: Social Authoritarianism, Kemalism, Militarism. Contra: liberalism, capitalism, communism, progressivism, religion

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Mon May 23, 2022 5:44 pm

it is laughably easy to out pizza the hut, it sucks
FUCK ISRAEL FUCK THE GENOCIDE FREE PALESTINE (they/them)
"Who, today, speaks of the Armenians?"
NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 23, 2022 5:46 pm

Hispida wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:Them and dominoes are truly the only ones who can out pizza the Hut by far

it is laughably easy to out pizza the hut, it sucks

Yep, pretty much
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Mon May 23, 2022 5:47 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hamidiye wrote:

We go out for Chinese

That’s the other half of my Christmas Eve dinner.
Happy May Day! (Yes this is the SocDem flag. No I do not care).
My Political Beliefs: The Jamesianist Manifesto
General Theme
Special Theme

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 23, 2022 5:53 pm

Hamidiye wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:Them and dominoes are truly the only ones who can out pizza the Hut by far

You americans need to get kicked in the balls collectively for what your country did to Pizza. Dominos... blergch, really? That sh** should come with a warning label. o0

SHUT UP YOU F******** B******** DOMINOES IS WORTHY OF WORSHIP, er… I respectively disagree with you, carry on :p
The Orwell Society

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Mon May 23, 2022 5:54 pm

Hamidiye wrote:

SHUT UP YOU F******** B******** DOMINOES IS WORTHY OF WORSHIP, er… I respectively disagree with you, carry on :p

Ever had some real Pizza, bro? Yes, they're even worse variants than Dominos, but really, it's barely half a step above frozen. Plastic cheese and frozen dough, bleeeh.
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 23, 2022 5:55 pm

Hamidiye wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:SHUT UP YOU F******** B******** DOMINOES IS WORTHY OF WORSHIP, er… I respectively disagree with you, carry on :p

Ever had some real Pizza, bro? Yes, they're even worse variants than Dominos, but really, it's barely half a step above frozen. Plastic cheese and frozen dough, bleeeh.

"Real pizza"? Where are you from?
The Orwell Society

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Mon May 23, 2022 5:57 pm

Hamidiye wrote:

"Real pizza"? Where are you from?

Germany. We have this amazing little italian place here, wood fired oven and so on. A bit pricy, but they deliver. Well that, and on vacations of course, somehow nobody but the italians themselves gets it ever totally right. The problem I have with dominos is... well, their cheese is shit. So are their olives. And the dough never is cooked through and properly crispy....or it actually is, and you pay for it with a burnt underside and crust. Also they always have such an assortment of total nonsense in their menu... no pizza needs 8 toppings. Good cheese, a decent ham, tomatos, basil. Maybe a few slices of dried olive and garlic... The end. They put fucking hollandaise on a pizza, with maize! Or chicken strips and asparagus, that's just...WHY? Arhg!
Last edited by Hamidiye on Mon May 23, 2022 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon May 23, 2022 6:08 pm

Hamidiye wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:"Real pizza"? Where are you from?

Germany. We have this amazing little italian place here, wood fired oven and so on. A bit pricy, but they deliver. Well that, and on vacations of course, somehow nobody but the italians themselves gets it ever totally right. The problem I have with dominos is... well, their cheese is shit. So are their olives. And the dough never is cooked through and properly crispy....or it actually is, and you pay for it with a burnt underside and crust. Also they always have such an assortment of total nonsense in their menu... no pizza needs 8 toppings. Good cheese, a decent ham, tomatos, basil. Maybe a few slices of dried olive and garlic... The end. They put fucking hollandaise on a pizza, with maize! Or chicken strips and asparagus, that's just...WHY? Arhg!

Most of the places here are owned by Italians and run by Dominicans, always makes Columbus day extra special

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Mon May 23, 2022 6:12 pm

Umeria wrote:

disregard the above posters, little ceasars is objectively the worst food i have ever had in my life

Must not have had much food in life, I assume? I can think of a long list of foods that are worse. For instance, asparagus is terrible.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Mettaton-EX
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mettaton-EX » Mon May 23, 2022 6:25 pm

"sweet tea" has no redeeming features and was created not because people liked it, but because it was an ostentatious display of wealth.
THIS ROBOT IS TRANS | AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT | هٰذه الآلة تقتل الفاشيين
(prefer it/its but any pronouns are acceptable)

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Mon May 23, 2022 6:46 pm

Mettaton-EX wrote:"sweet tea" has no redeeming features and was created not because people liked it, but because it was an ostentatious display of wealth.

Eh... a lot of good food started that way. Why do you think people first put cinnamon on rice, or why virtually all stews contain nutmeg. Hell, if I recall correctly in the 1500s there was an entire category called "a Pepper", displaying wealth by using spices led to a lot of nice discoveries wer still enjoy today.

That said: never had "sweet tea". If it's anything like "ice tea" sold in a bottle I don't think I missed anything. Strong, cold black tea is great in the summer though, and Mate (not that suggary stuff in the bottle, the real deal made with shredded leaf) is awesome.
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon May 23, 2022 7:02 pm

Hamidiye wrote:
Mettaton-EX wrote:"sweet tea" has no redeeming features and was created not because people liked it, but because it was an ostentatious display of wealth.

Eh... a lot of good food started that way. Why do you think people first put cinnamon on rice, or why virtually all stews contain nutmeg. Hell, if I recall correctly in the 1500s there was an entire category called "a Pepper", displaying wealth by using spices led to a lot of nice discoveries wer still enjoy today.

That said: never had "sweet tea". If it's anything like "ice tea" sold in a bottle I don't think I missed anything. Strong, cold black tea is great in the summer though, and Mate (not that suggary stuff in the bottle, the real deal made with shredded leaf) is awesome.

This man really the food analyst over here damm
The United States of America
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
American Imperialist - Evangelical Christian
Слава Україні! - Stand with Israel
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Mon May 23, 2022 7:05 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Hamidiye wrote:

This man really the food analyst over here damm

Well, I am a cook. 8)
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

Northern Seleucia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Seleucia » Mon May 23, 2022 7:21 pm

Hamidiye wrote:
Northern Seleucia wrote:This man really the food analyst over here damm

Well, I am a cook. 8)

Oh, for real? Awesome. What do you cook?
The United States of America
"That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
American Imperialist - Evangelical Christian
Слава Україні! - Stand with Israel
Overview | Encyclopedia Americana | The World | About Me| My Inspiration in Two Videos
National News: Enraged Enfield Cow Injures Farmer with Ax | Defendant Who Plead Innocent Has Rage Episode During Trial; Kills Prosecutor Accusing Him of Aggravated Homicide | Hurricane Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Found Dead | Hidden Burglar Discovered after Husband Tells Jokes; Hears Laughter Upstairs

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Mon May 23, 2022 7:22 pm

Northern Seleucia wrote:
Hamidiye wrote:
Well, I am a cook. 8)

Oh, for real? Awesome. What do you cook?

mid-class italian restaurant.
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General