NATION

PASSWORD

Hot Takes Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Fri May 13, 2022 4:10 pm

Diaboland wrote:suburbia is eww gross creepy evil but not in the way i like my eww gross creepy evil

i hate the small town mindset so freaking much. everyone knows everybody, gossip spreads like wildfire, everyone looks and acts the same, us against them, yada yada ya. it's like the 1950s but without all the good stuff from that decade.

There wasn’t anything good in 1950’s America, except if you were a white old rich male
Last edited by Free Ravensburg on Fri May 13, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri May 13, 2022 4:24 pm

Free Ravensburg wrote:
Diaboland wrote:suburbia is eww gross creepy evil but not in the way i like my eww gross creepy evil

i hate the small town mindset so freaking much. everyone knows everybody, gossip spreads like wildfire, everyone looks and acts the same, us against them, yada yada ya. it's like the 1950s but without all the good stuff from that decade.

There wasn’t anything good in 1950’s America, except if you were a white old rich male

It wasn't too bad if you were a young white male. Plenty of opportunity, new fields opening up.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Umeria
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umeria » Fri May 13, 2022 5:15 pm

1950s America was the start of the civil rights movement so they must have done something right
Ambassador Anthony Lockwood, at your service.
Author of GAR #389

"Umeria - We start with U"

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri May 13, 2022 5:22 pm

Umeria wrote:1950s America was the start of the civil rights movement so they must have done something right

If anyone cares
The fifties. By David Halberstram is a marvelous telling of the period. Brings a lot of insite into the nation we became.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fifties_(book)
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Fri May 13, 2022 6:19 pm

I enjoy living in suburbs.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Afrikan Staat
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Afrikan Staat » Fri May 13, 2022 6:52 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:Abortion is murder.

Now watch me get swarmed while I take off and leave the thread for the next three months.

Hot take: abortion is murder, but it should be legal.
Last edited by Afrikan Staat on Fri May 13, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is an apocalyptic total war of survival. A death crusade between two forces: that of the White race against the Serpent. Only one side will win and inherit all of Africa, for the other will be utterly and completely annihilated.

2022 May 21 | Southern Daily Herald | PM Lord Kindley announces national immunization program to "counter Jamahiriyan bioweapons", targets 48 key diseases | SILENT KILLER! The horrors of negro-related immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/NRIDS), in pictures | Transvaal govt. begins state-wide clearing of all "HIV-infested" negro slums, citing "public health concerns"
Yes, I'm gonna use Makoto Naegi as the face of global racism | If this nation gives you brain cancer, please check out my other works.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri May 13, 2022 7:40 pm

Afrikan Staat wrote:
Europa Undivided wrote:Abortion is murder.

Now watch me get swarmed while I take off and leave the thread for the next three months.

Hot take: abortion is murder, but it should be legal.

Heresy.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Prima Scriptura
Senator

Founded: Nov 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prima Scriptura » Fri May 13, 2022 8:11 pm

Living in the city>living in the country. Especially when you’re poor af and disabled
30 year old American male living in Minneapolis, MN.
Other than that, I’m not sure what I am.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:These are really one hot take but have disparate parts:

1. Homo sapiens is significantly older than previously thought (at least 400,000 years)
2. Homo sapiens, neanderthals, and homo erectus all breifly lived on earth at the same time (homo erectus is not a direct ancestor of all humans, only some of them)
3. Multi-regional modern human origins (which is directly related to number 1, as the multi-regional theory postulates that modern humans are far older than the recent African origin theory suggests)

now tell us which ones you think are descended from which species

everyone is early homo sapiens + some other archaic human to varying degrees
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 pm

Prima Scriptura wrote:Living in the city>living in the country. Especially when you’re poor af and disabled

rural poverty in the US is catastrophic yet west virginia consistently boasts lower crime rates than every single urban area

living in the city is ass and socially atomizing. my mental health has definitely deteriorated. i feel like i live in an ant colony.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Fri May 13, 2022 9:32 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:rural poverty in the US is catastrophic yet west virginia consistently boasts lower crime rates than every single urban area

west virginia hardly counts as a state
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri May 13, 2022 9:34 pm

Hispida wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:rural poverty in the US is catastrophic yet west virginia consistently boasts lower crime rates than every single urban area

on what grounds
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Fri May 13, 2022 9:35 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Hispida wrote:west virginia hardly counts as a state

on what grounds

it should be part of virginia again
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Umeria
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umeria » Fri May 13, 2022 9:39 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Prima Scriptura wrote:Living in the city>living in the country. Especially when you’re poor af and disabled

rural poverty in the US is catastrophic yet west virginia consistently boasts lower crime rates than every single urban area

living in the city is ass and socially atomizing. my mental health has definitely deteriorated. i feel like i live in an ant colony.

That might be because they're not including crimes like wage theft & poisoning people's drinking water

I grew up in an urban area and it didn't feel that way at all, in fact it was quite a bit better than where I'm living now in terms of mental health. Depends more on the specific area in question than its population density imo
Last edited by Umeria on Fri May 13, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador Anthony Lockwood, at your service.
Author of GAR #389

"Umeria - We start with U"

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri May 13, 2022 9:46 pm

Umeria wrote:

That might be because they're not including crimes like wage theft & poisoning people's drinking water

Those aren't crimes committed by the people in rural poverty though. It's by industrialists, financiers, and lobbyists who live in urban areas.

Umeria wrote:I grew up in an urban area and it didn't feel that way at all, in fact it was quite a bit better than where I'm living now in terms of mental health. Depends more on the specific area in question than its population density imo

manhattan
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri May 13, 2022 9:56 pm

Hispida wrote:

West Virginia doesn't exist :dab:
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri May 13, 2022 9:58 pm

Hispida wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
on what grounds

nah. we should break up more states.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Fri May 13, 2022 9:59 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:
Hispida wrote:west virginia hardly counts as a state

West Virginia doesn't exist :dab:

Then by this logic Kentucky doesn’t exist. Say goodbye to your Kentucky fried goods. It’s all Virginia.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Fri May 13, 2022 10:10 pm

i think my boss has a drinking problem. he missed work today.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Hogsandriders
Political Columnist

Founded: May 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Hogsandriders » Fri May 13, 2022 10:16 pm

dark prince is better the prince.(clash royale).

Hogsandriders
Political Columnist

Founded: May 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Hogsandriders » Fri May 13, 2022 10:19 pm

also pol pot did nothing wrong

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri May 13, 2022 10:42 pm

Free Ravensburg wrote:
Europa Undivided wrote:West Virginia doesn't exist :dab:

Then by this logic Kentucky doesn’t exist. Say goodbye to your Kentucky fried goods. It’s all Virginia.

So KFC is just a conspiracy of the deep state? :shock:

Space Squid
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Space Squid » Fri May 13, 2022 11:07 pm

Hispida wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
on what grounds

If Queen Elizabeth I got laid even once, then Virginia is forfeit, and all is rightful Maryland clay.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠔⠒⠒⠠⠄⢠
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣁⠴⠛⠋⠀⠀⡎
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠔⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⡎⠰⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠜⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠒⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⢀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣶⡓⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠜⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢠⣪⠖⠒⢮⣢⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⢊⢕⣢⡌⢦⠀⢤⣠⠔⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢳⣴⠷⠃⠔⣒⠚⠇⡢⠠⠤⠺⠃⠘⢞⣋⠅⢠⠧⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡀⠀⣔⣕⣁⣤⣬⢦⣤⣭⠤⢂⡀⠀⣀⡀⠔⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠉⢋⡿⢛⣭⣴⣶⡿⢉⣤⣴⣿⠀⠁⡇⠀⢀⠠⠤⠀⠤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⣮⠁⣾⠟⠉⠀⢰⡘⡿⠁⣿⣄⠣⡍⠉⠔⠊⠉⠉⢱⡼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠿⠀⢹⠀⢀⣼⠟⠉⢊⠆⠻⣿⢓⠪⠥⡂⢄⠀⠀⢗⢅⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠘⡹⡉⠀⢸⣟⠀⢀⢜⠆⠀⠹⣻⢦⡀⠈⡄⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠺⢄⠀⠹⡆⠻⠁⠀⢀⡴⡹⠀⠻⣄⣽⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⣜⣦⠀⠀⠀⢠⡗⠉⠀⠀⠀⢩⡌⠙⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⢽⣿⠀⠀⠀⠈⠓⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠫⣛⡄⠀⢀⢴⣾⣗⡶⢠⡴⠗⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri May 13, 2022 11:16 pm

America won the Iraq War in every way, strategically and politically, to include winning the post-Saddam Insurgency and the the post-pull out Daesh Insurgency.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Fri May 13, 2022 11:19 pm

Space Squid wrote:
Hispida wrote:it should be part of virginia again

If Queen Elizabeth I got laid even once, then Virginia is forfeit, and all is rightful Maryland clay.

Did Maria even set foot in Maryland? I think not.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General