NATION

PASSWORD

Hot Takes Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Balmorns
Attaché

Founded: Mar 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Balmorns » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:39 pm

Spokesland wrote:Take of the hot variety:
the Republican party as a whole isn't bad, the trump worshipers are

My man is completely right, there's a difference between those who like everything about him and those who just like what he was able to do with the economy. He was a sick dude and it's pretty hard to find anything else redeeming, even his speeches make no sense when coming from the life was practically given, then talking about his "struggle". It's annoying AF tbh, would love a different conservative candidate.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:59 pm

I think the conceit that the powers that be in the United States are fighting democracy has largely been lifted. People are getting giddy about being a police state. They'll often justify it by saying that becoming an authoritarian shithole is how we defend our democracy from Russian white supremacist misinformation or something.
Last edited by Bear Stearns on Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:03 pm

The US's behavior in regards to Russia's war in Ukraine has little to do with Ukraine or even Russia. Every move Biden has been making revolves around Germany. No I will not elaborate more.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:42 pm

Eahland wrote:
Tulunids wrote:In what universe are they wrong?

This one? Where Pepsi tastes like soap?

Coke is terrible, too, but Pepsi is worse. I'm just not a fan of cola. Sunkist or GTFO.

This might be a molten hot take but there's store brands that are way beyond pepsi and coke's offerings.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:49 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Eahland wrote:This one? Where Pepsi tastes like soap?

Coke is terrible, too, but Pepsi is worse. I'm just not a fan of cola. Sunkist or GTFO.

This might be a molten hot take but there's store brands that are way beyond pepsi and coke's offerings.

Sunkist is actually not Pepsi or Coke; it's a Dr. Pepper product.

And it's far superior to Crush, Fanta, or any other orange soda brand I've encountered, because AFAICT, it's the only caffeinated orange soda.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Allinburg
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Allinburg » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:28 pm

80s drums are under-appreciated. Arguments for the commodification of music aside, if it wasn't for them, modern music simply wouldn't have its charm
Last edited by Allinburg on Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AllinburgAllinea
IC☄ NS-Statsどこ?
OOC ‣ alie・♂️/・a-nyo-rak・no unsolicited TGs・©

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:47 pm

Kerwa wrote:
Page wrote:Permanent Daylight Savings Time would be the best.

You have to admit “daylight savings” is a pretty fucking stupid name tho’.

Anyway, we should just pick one and stick to it. That’s even if politicians want to continue the clock altering nonsense; and they will!

I would certainly change the name, though nothing immediately comes to mind. But the new name of permanent DST ought to invoke the goal of facilitating more recreational time for people rather than setting our clocks based on the demands of industry.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:00 am

stunts like this will eventually exonerate Russia in the public eye due to sheer stupidity
A Confederation of Clans in Fealty to the Imperial Throne of Gobul
"There are foolish leaders who believe their subjects as lessers to be subjugated, and there are wise leaders who understand that they are their subjects are one in the same."
-Asrau Arslan XIV Jangpavalgan
Brotherhood, Tradition, Charity

Kerwa
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kerwa » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:43 am

Page wrote:
I would certainly change the name, though nothing immediately comes to mind. But the new name of permanent DST ought to invoke the goal of facilitating more recreational time for people rather than setting our clocks based on the demands of industry.

That people talk about an “extra hour” of daylight is the thing that annoys me really. There is no extra hour. It’s just going to work an hour earlier. The daylight is the same.

Moving the click for no reason is stupid and disruptive however. (And, as people point out, does actually cause death and injury).

Kerwa
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Kerwa » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:53 am

Page wrote:

That people talk about an “extra hour” of daylight is the thing that annoys me really. There is no extra hour. It’s just going to work an hour earlier. The daylight is the same.

Moving the click for no reason is stupid and disruptive however. (And, as people point out, does actually cause death and injury).

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:55 am

Kerwa wrote:
Page wrote:

I like dst the way it is, gives kids an extra hour of daylight to go outside and play. During the winter the earlier light is good for the morning commute.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Balmorns
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Balmorns » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:35 am

Hot take: Football is a very enjoyable sport to watch if you simply know the player's names, which adds a level of personal connection to the team you want to watch. The most satisfying feeling is watching "your player" score.

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:36 am

Balmorns wrote:Hot take: Football is a very enjoyable sport to watch if you simply know the player's names, which adds a level of personal connection to the team you want to watch. The most satisfying feeling is watching "your player" score.

Canadian, global, or american?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Balmorns
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Balmorns » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:40 am

Free Ravensburg wrote:
Balmorns wrote:Hot take: Football is a very enjoyable sport to watch if you simply know the player's names, which adds a level of personal connection to the team you want to watch. The most satisfying feeling is watching "your player" score.

Canadian, global, or american?

global

United Valik
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Valik » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:31 am

Excessive horn honking should carry a stiff fine.
"It's one big club...and you ain't in it." - George Carlin

Wrongfully banned in 2022 and lived to tell about it.

Aggressive war is wrong, no matter who does it.

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:24 am

Hot take: America is not capitalist. If you don't have private capital investment, private property rights, market competition and voluntary exchange it's not capitalism. America doesn't have any of these things.

United Valik wrote:Excessive horn honking should carry a stiff fine.

Cars shouldn't be equipped with horns. Their purpose is outdated and now they are just abused.
Last edited by Haganham on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:36 am

Haganham wrote:

Cars shouldn't be equipped with horns. Their purpose is outdated and now they are just abused.

Are you suggesting turning it into a CoD lobby, circa 2012?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Haganham
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Haganham » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:16 am

Free Ravensburg wrote:
Haganham wrote:Cars shouldn't be equipped with horns. Their purpose is outdated and now they are just abused.

Are you suggesting turning it into a CoD lobby, circa 2012?

I mean it basically it now. only difference is you can' under stand what people are saying ,just that they are angry and dumb. But i was just going to remove the horns on new cars.
Last edited by Haganham on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine reading a signature, but over the course of it the quality seems to deteriorate and it gets wose an wose, where the swenetence stwucture and gwammer rewerts to a pwoint of uttew non swence, an u jus dont wanna wead it anymwore (o´ω`o) awd twa wol owdewl iws jus awfwul (´・ω・`);. bwt tw sinawtur iwswnwt obwer nyet, it gwos own an own an own an own. uwu wanyaa stwop weadwing bwut uwu cwant stop wewding, uwu stwartd thwis awnd ur gwoing two fwinibsh it nowo mwattew wat! uwu hab mwoxie kwiddowo, bwut uwu wibl gwib ub sowon. i cwan wite wike dis fwor owors, swo dwont cwalengbe mii..

… wbats dis??? uwu awe stwill weedinb mwie sinatwr?? uwu habe awot ob detewemwinyanyatiom!! 。◕‿◕。! u habve comopweedid tha signwtr, good job!

Amerysia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Amerysia » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:24 am

Hot take: Kaiserist Germany should have been allowed to win the Great War. Imagine a world where Hitler stayed in the German Imperial Army and never rose above sergeant.
Last edited by Amerysia on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basically a pagan Assyria under a slightly different name.
"If the Gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates." - Jim Hightower
The trouble with Democrats is that they have to attempt to function as a coalition between reformers, hysterical fools, and crooks. The trouble with Republicans is that they manage to function as a coalition between religious zealots, con artists, and corporate shills.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:37 pm

Amerysia wrote:Hot take: Kaiserist Germany should have been allowed to win the Great War. Imagine a world where Hitler stayed in the German Imperial Army and never rose above sergeant.

Winter for Poland and France would have come early.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ayytaly
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ayytaly » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:39 pm

Hotter take: Stop calling it soccer.
Signatures are the obnoxious car bumper stickers of the internet. Also, Rojava did nothing right.

Diaboland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Diaboland » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:29 pm

Even though it's the first, Gen 1 is the worst Pokemon generation.

Yankee Rike
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Yankee Rike » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:30 pm

it is considered terrorism in canada
A Yankee ethnostate stretching from Nova Scotia to Minnesota, bounded by the Ohio River, Mason-Dixon Line, St. Lawrence River, and the Hudson Bay. Speaks a more Germanic-version of English that is infused with many Dutch, German, and Nordic words (in contrast to Dixie where the English language is much more similar to modern American English). Dominant religions are Congregationalism, Presbyterianism, Dutch Reformed, Methodism, and Lutheranism. Popular foods include hot dogs, baked beans, rye whiskey, and pastries.
The true heirs of Cromwell.

Yankee Rike
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Yankee Rike » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:30 pm

Diaboland wrote:Even though it's the first, Gen 1 is the worst Pokemon generation.

pokemon pioneered the grift known as skinnerbox games and microtransactions. "gotta catch 'em all" was a very obvious marketing ploy.
A Yankee ethnostate stretching from Nova Scotia to Minnesota, bounded by the Ohio River, Mason-Dixon Line, St. Lawrence River, and the Hudson Bay. Speaks a more Germanic-version of English that is infused with many Dutch, German, and Nordic words (in contrast to Dixie where the English language is much more similar to modern American English). Dominant religions are Congregationalism, Presbyterianism, Dutch Reformed, Methodism, and Lutheranism. Popular foods include hot dogs, baked beans, rye whiskey, and pastries.
The true heirs of Cromwell.

Neuer California
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Neuer California » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:32 pm

Ayytaly wrote:

Hotter take: Stop calling it soccer.

Fun fact, Canada Australia, and a few other countries call it soccer as well, and the word soccer came from a Brit
Puppet of Neu California. I wanted a fresh start on my nation.
And yes, that is two girls kissing in my flag. I am strongly pro-LGBT and a big fan of yuri stuff, so...
Pro: gun control, LGBT rights, taxing the rich heavily, welfare, UBI, universal healthcare, corporate regulations
Anti: bullying, gun bans, unlimited gun rights, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, Trump, excessive corporate power
34 year old agnostic writer of smut free lesbian speculative fiction. Aspergers, social anxiety, and yet not a giant raging dick
Ifreann wrote:
Suriyanakhon wrote:
Does this mean wlw is most holy in God's eyes?

It turns out that lesbians are God's chosen people.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General