NATION

PASSWORD

Violent Thugs invade Melbourne in 3rd day of Riots

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rosefort
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rosefort » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Rosefort wrote:
Check the above post in matters of the topic I've pointed out...

1) How are guns related to this topic...?

2) As for the 'right to protest', our state is still under the State of Emergency, and we've had cases increasing because of the disgruntled workers/or whatever you call them over their nonsense... As for whether the government has the right, frankly, it's a given delegated power, and will only be applied when it is necessary at times such as this.

1) They're not, it was an extreme position suitably employed to suggest how any protest is covered by my statement.
2) I honestly don't care. State of emergency, invasion in progress, whatever. If your government can decide when you can protest, you don't have a right to protest.

Okay, still, in a manner of this issue, no need to protest over something irrelevant and they do have a right to protest, but only in circumstances of dire situation then no. :p Though, I do think they should've consulted with these tradies... and the journalists were attacked... so logically, are they even protesting over the issue or making excuses to go out for their little day out?
Last edited by Rosefort on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:13 pm

Rosefort wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:1) They're not, it was an extreme position suitably employed to suggest how any protest is covered by my statement.
2) I honestly don't care. State of emergency, invasion in progress, whatever. If your government can decide when you can protest, you don't have a right to protest.

Okay, still, in a manner of this issue, no need to protest over something irrelevant and they do have a right to protest, but only in circumstances of dire situation then no. :p Though, I do think they should've consulted with these tradies...

Dude if you want to protest because rules prevent you from pissing in the mouth of the state premier then they should be able to. It doesn't matter how worthy we think the protest is.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Rosefort
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Rosefort » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:19 pm

No-fly zone temporarily repealed

Media outlets have won the right to keep flying helicopters over Melbourne, after the Federal Court granted an interim stay on restrictions imposed yesterday by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).

Under the rules, news helicopters were required to seek approval from Victoria Police before flying and organisations had to delay broadcasting any footage of this week's Melbourne protests for an hour.

But the interim stay means CASA's flight restrictions will no longer be in effect until a full trial takes place, which may be as early as next week.

In handing down judgment, Justice Helen Rofe said there was "a serious question to be tried" over the orders, which came at the request of Victoria Police.

CoraSpia wrote:Dude if you want to protest because rules prevent you from pissing in the mouth of the state premier then they should be able to. It doesn't matter how worthy we think the protest is.

They shouldn't have protested, no matter what their cause or reason, I do not care, they've breached the orders, and the regulations. If it is about vaccine, or whatever they like to protest, I do not care. They should not have done so.
Last edited by Rosefort on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Rosefort wrote:No-fly zone temporarily repealed

Media outlets have won the right to keep flying helicopters over Melbourne, after the Federal Court granted an interim stay on restrictions imposed yesterday by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).

Under the rules, news helicopters were required to seek approval from Victoria Police before flying and organisations had to delay broadcasting any footage of this week's Melbourne protests for an hour.

But the interim stay means CASA's flight restrictions will no longer be in effect until a full trial takes place, which may be as early as next week.

In handing down judgment, Justice Helen Rofe said there was "a serious question to be tried" over the orders, which came at the request of Victoria Police.

CoraSpia wrote:Dude if you want to protest because rules prevent you from pissing in the mouth of the state premier then they should be able to. It doesn't matter how worthy we think the protest is.

They shouldn't have protested, no matter what their cause or reason, I do not care, they've breached the orders, and the regulations. If it is about vaccine, or whatever they like to protest, I do not care. They should not have done so.

Well some of us don't necessarily think obeying the law in itself is an moral good nor that we can frame actions based on whether they followed it.

These people are way wrong but they should be punished by other means and causes(Even legal means to be clear in my case) than for skipping the government line to protest.
Last edited by Uiiop on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#NSTransparency

Rosefort
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Rosefort » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:44 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Rosefort wrote:No-fly zone temporarily repealed

Well some of us don't necessarily think obeying the law in itself is an moral good nor that we can frame actions based on whether they followed it.

These people are way wrong but they should be punished by other means and causes(Even legal means to be clear in my case) than for skipping the government line to protest.

I mean... you do make a point, but... maybe from my personal experience given that I've known family friends who are part of the police force itself, this doesn't excuse the reasons about the police action ... ;l Again, though it largely does depend on what action they would take and what are the consequences of the actions they've taken. We're trying to go back to normalcy, but these people keep hijacking I guess... These so-called freedom fighters are losing oxygen every day because the Victorian community does not support their behaviour. This is not just about being anti-mandated vaccination; they are anti-everything. They are anti-lockdown, they are anti the shutdown on international travel, they are anti-masks, they are anti-social distancing.
Last edited by Rosefort on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Archinstinct
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Archinstinct » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Cetacea wrote:Violent Thugs have pelted.Protestors with rubber bullets and pepperspray in the third day of Melbourne Anti-lockdown riots.A no fly zone has been imposed on Media helicopters and the Victorian State government has permitted the use of crowd control force against anyone involved in the Protests

The protests began last week when construction workers were told they could not have breaks in tea rooms because of the risk of spreading coronavirus. It was then made compulsory for construction workers to be vaccinated which resulted in the Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union calling for a public march, despite health warnings and lockdown order.

On Tuesday, pepper balls, foam baton rounds, smoke bombs and stinger grenades that deploy rubber pellets to shut down protesters. 500 additional police have been deployed to contain the dozens of protestors.

police commissioner Shane Patton said Melbourne had seen “significant unrest” over the past few days, and protesters wouldn’t be seeing any “cat and mouse” games. He “wasn’t clear” whether right-wing extremists were present on Tuesday, but was “aware” there was representation from neo-Nazi groups

So riotous rabble of NSG should the people of Victoria, Australia be allowed to protest despite the 600+ new daily cases in the state? Is the Victorian Government right to impose lockdown and deploy pepper balls and rubber bullets?? Should construction workers be allowed to get a cuppatea from the staff canteen?

Does Melbourne need liberation

Source?
Don't care, didn't ask.
Still a member of NAFO, because I enjoy drinking the tears of neo-nazi russian terrorists and their supporters.
Deblar wrote:If even Switzerland is opposing your imperialist invasion, you know you've fucked up

Canada CA
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Canada CA » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:33 am

Hilarious that NSG now applauds cops for beating people up because of their hatred for people who don't want to be forced to take a vaccine.
PALEOCONSERVATIVE BEAST MODE

Michel Meilleur
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Michel Meilleur » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:06 am

Canada CA wrote:Hilarious that NSG now applauds cops for beating people up because of their hatred for people who don't want to be forced to take a vaccine.

I mean, you have lads who unironically want hospitals not to treat peoples who refuse the vaccine. Is it really that surprising?
Last edited by Michel Meilleur on Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unstoppable Empire of Doom
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unstoppable Empire of Doom » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:01 am

I think its out of the top 10 most dangerous jobs 7 of them are in the field of construction. In the US construction workers continued building during the pandemic and never shut down. One outhouse is commonly shared by 20 workers and there is nowhere to wash your hands. You work with new temps every other day. The work is close quarters so social distancing is impossible. Nobody wears masks.

So some person who has never held rebar before is going to sit in their air conditioned office tell these people they cant drink tea inside and have to get vaccinated..... for their safety?
Whoever said "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink" has clearly never drown a horse.

Turk Cumhuriyeti
Attaché

Founded: Aug 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Turk Cumhuriyeti » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:53 am

Bravo! İm with the protesters. İn big part of the world you cant receive or can very difficultly receive adequate medical care from the state - even if you pay for it, its difficult again. But when you DONT want the state to "take care" of you and your health, the immedeately starts to "care" for you and to try to "save your life" even if you didnt ask for this "care".

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:26 am

So we go from defunding the police to funding the police state in the span of about a year.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Cosmic79
Envoy

Founded: Jul 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmic79 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:29 am

Mostrov wrote:They are not large protests, simply a small disgruntled group. The vast, vast majority are staying within the bounds of the law. Something not mentioned but critical to understanding this: all construction, with small exceptions, has been shut down. Builders had very poor compliance with health measures but were seen as politically crucial and important to the economy. I

Page wrote:People there are being arrested just for being outside. Not doing a damn thing, simply being outside, even though it's virtually impossible to spread or catch covid just walking around. Honestly Australia has gone so North Korea lately that I think a little insurrection is well-justified.

And a no-fly zone for media helicopters? If that red flag was any bigger you could cover the whole continent with it.

And I hate to sound like a broken record, but police arresting people will spread the virus far and wide. You cannot enforce a lockdown without spreading the virus.

No one is being arrested for "being outside".

The no-fly zone was probably to avoid any media coverage which might encourage more to join. This power is being tested in the courts.

Agree with this. Anti-vaxxers are a small but loud minority. We shouldn't be giving them any publicity.

Bear Stearns wrote:So we go from defunding the police to funding the police state in the span of about a year.

Good point!

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:32 am

Seems to be par for the course in liberal democracies these days.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:34 am

Bear Stearns wrote:So we go from defunding the police to funding the police state in the span of about a year.

The faux progressivism is quite funny.
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

The Kingdom of the Three Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 01, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Kingdom of the Three Isles » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:53 pm

Dude, I actually live in Melbourne and those protesters urinate on the Shrine of Remembrance. Stop calling the police thugs when they are just keeping law and order while those protestors disgrace a thing called the common good.
No, this is not the Iron Cross (I swear), and no I ain’t a N@zi.
Ordo Theutonicorum wrote: they have a cross-pattee on their flag??
Those who say they are based aren’t based. Those who say they are humble ain’t humble. Those who say they are chads ain’t chads.

The Kingdom of the Three Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 01, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Kingdom of the Three Isles » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:56 pm

Page wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Protests shouldn’t be allowed, especially under COVID conditions.

If the Melbourne police went ahead and enforced a blanket ban on protests while enforcing such a decree with reasonable and proportionate force, it’s something I would stand behind.

Public health safety and law and order must come first.

Not like arresting thousands of people spreads the virus or anything...

Yeah, not like the spread already happened in the protests.
No, this is not the Iron Cross (I swear), and no I ain’t a N@zi.
Ordo Theutonicorum wrote: they have a cross-pattee on their flag??
Those who say they are based aren’t based. Those who say they are humble ain’t humble. Those who say they are chads ain’t chads.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General