NATION

PASSWORD

Coronavirus Thread VII: Jagged Little Pill (READ OP)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should those wilfully unvaccinated against COVID-19 receive a lower priority for hospital treatment?

YES, ALWAYS - vaccination should be a basic precaution to protect your health and that of society
26%
YES, BUT JUST FOR COVID-19 - you shouldn't get COVID treatment if you don't want to be safe from it
15%
NO, NEVER - healthcare should be based on the patient's need, not their circumstances
59%

Total votes : 792

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:43 am

Anti-vax zealot may face charges after death of Covid-19 patient

Gardaí are recommending criminal charges be brought against anti-vax extremist Antonio Mureddu in connection with Covid patient Joe McCarron’s departure from hospital in Donegal while gravely ill. The 67-year-old Covid-sceptic patient returned to hospital two days later, but subsequently died.

The Sunday Independent understands an investigation into the matter is “near completion” and gardaí in Donegal will send a file to the Director of Public Prosecutions, recommending Mr Mureddu be charged in connection with the incident, according to a senior security source. “All the circumstances” surrounding Mr McCarron’s decision to reject medical advice and leave Letterkenny University Hospital are being probed.

In a video that later went viral, Italian anti-vaccination extremist Mr Mureddu is seen encouraging the Covid-sceptic patient to leave, despite a doctor telling Mr McCarron he could die. “Among what’s being examined is whether this patient was forced or coerced to leave hospital,” said a well-placed source. Charges of trespass and whether hospital staff were threatened are also being considered. Medical staff and Mr McCarron’s family members have been interviewed, it is understood.

The video of the incident on September 14, the Italian can be seen telling Mr McCarron: “Put your trousers on, we are going now, you are safe, you follow me.” A staff member tells the patient he has the right to decide what he wants to do but adds: “You are barely able to breathe there now. We want you to stay and help you.”

“No Joe, they’re going to f***ing kill you Joe,” Mr Mureddu says before telling the staff member: “Because you are killing people.” The medic then tells Mr McCarron: “I’m very worried about you and I want you to stay. I think he is saying something very dangerous. What he is saying is very wrong and very dangerous, and I think he is endangering your life. “It is a very difficult disease that you have and I’m not lying to you, you could die. This will be your best chance in the hospital and getting the support we are giving to you.”

Mr Mureddu then intervenes and accuses hospital staff of “lying” and says: “We go.” “Think about this,” the staff member then tells the Italian. “You are endangering his life.” Two days later Mr McCarron was readmitted to hospital. He was placed on a ventilator but his condition deteriorated fatally. His family have criticised what happened and urged people to follow medical advice in relation to Covid-19.

An offence of endangerment states: “A person shall be guilty of an offence who intentionally or recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of death or serious harm to another.” It carries a sentence of one to seven years in prison. Mr Mureddu (44) appeared at Letterkenny District Court, Co Donegal last Monday, on road traffic charges of having no insurance, using a fraudulent licence plate, and failing to give information to gardaí at Meencarragh, Ballybofey, Co Donegal on October 23.

Judge Raymond Finnegan asked if he had a solicitor and he replied he had no legal representative. He told Judge Finnegan: "I don't give jurisdiction to this court. I can represent myself." He then attempted to hand paperwork to Judge Finnegan but the judge said he was not accepting it. Mr Mureddu, who did not wear a facemask at any stage of the sitting, claimed he had items stolen by gardaí at Letterkenny garda station.

Judge Finnegan again told the accused he strongly recommended getting legal representation. Mr Mureddu replied: “Absolutely not. I don’t give any consent. I am the king and you are the public servant.”
I hope this fucker gets charged. Its ridiculous what he did.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:48 am

I hope they get him for manslaughter.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:48 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Anti-vax zealot may face charges after death of Covid-19 patient

Gardaí are recommending criminal charges be brought against anti-vax extremist Antonio Mureddu in connection with Covid patient Joe McCarron’s departure from hospital in Donegal while gravely ill. The 67-year-old Covid-sceptic patient returned to hospital two days later, but subsequently died.

The Sunday Independent understands an investigation into the matter is “near completion” and gardaí in Donegal will send a file to the Director of Public Prosecutions, recommending Mr Mureddu be charged in connection with the incident, according to a senior security source. “All the circumstances” surrounding Mr McCarron’s decision to reject medical advice and leave Letterkenny University Hospital are being probed.

In a video that later went viral, Italian anti-vaccination extremist Mr Mureddu is seen encouraging the Covid-sceptic patient to leave, despite a doctor telling Mr McCarron he could die. “Among what’s being examined is whether this patient was forced or coerced to leave hospital,” said a well-placed source. Charges of trespass and whether hospital staff were threatened are also being considered. Medical staff and Mr McCarron’s family members have been interviewed, it is understood.

The video of the incident on September 14, the Italian can be seen telling Mr McCarron: “Put your trousers on, we are going now, you are safe, you follow me.” A staff member tells the patient he has the right to decide what he wants to do but adds: “You are barely able to breathe there now. We want you to stay and help you.”

“No Joe, they’re going to f***ing kill you Joe,” Mr Mureddu says before telling the staff member: “Because you are killing people.” The medic then tells Mr McCarron: “I’m very worried about you and I want you to stay. I think he is saying something very dangerous. What he is saying is very wrong and very dangerous, and I think he is endangering your life. “It is a very difficult disease that you have and I’m not lying to you, you could die. This will be your best chance in the hospital and getting the support we are giving to you.”

Mr Mureddu then intervenes and accuses hospital staff of “lying” and says: “We go.” “Think about this,” the staff member then tells the Italian. “You are endangering his life.” Two days later Mr McCarron was readmitted to hospital. He was placed on a ventilator but his condition deteriorated fatally. His family have criticised what happened and urged people to follow medical advice in relation to Covid-19.

An offence of endangerment states: “A person shall be guilty of an offence who intentionally or recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of death or serious harm to another.” It carries a sentence of one to seven years in prison. Mr Mureddu (44) appeared at Letterkenny District Court, Co Donegal last Monday, on road traffic charges of having no insurance, using a fraudulent licence plate, and failing to give information to gardaí at Meencarragh, Ballybofey, Co Donegal on October 23.

Judge Raymond Finnegan asked if he had a solicitor and he replied he had no legal representative. He told Judge Finnegan: "I don't give jurisdiction to this court. I can represent myself." He then attempted to hand paperwork to Judge Finnegan but the judge said he was not accepting it. Mr Mureddu, who did not wear a facemask at any stage of the sitting, claimed he had items stolen by gardaí at Letterkenny garda station.

Judge Finnegan again told the accused he strongly recommended getting legal representation. Mr Mureddu replied: “Absolutely not. I don’t give any consent. I am the king and you are the public servant.”

Funny how this happens. I am an anti vaxer nothing has happened yet

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:50 am

Rick Perry wrote:Funny how this happens. I am an anti vaxer nothing has happened yet

hopefully ur mom got you vaccinated against measles while you were still unable to formulate any opinions or you are going to have a fun time with getting it as an adult and then deal with having no effective immune system for the next few decades.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:55 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Anti-vax zealot may face charges after death of Covid-19 patient

He should face charges of reckless indifference manslaughter, at the least.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:59 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Rick Perry wrote:Funny how this happens. I am an anti vaxer nothing has happened yet

hopefully ur mom got you vaccinated against measles while you were still unable to formulate any opinions or you are going to have a fun time with getting it as an adult and then deal with having no effective immune system for the next few decades.

Huh. I wasn't vaccinated in 14 years. Sooooo

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:02 am

Rick Perry wrote:

Funny how this happens. I am an anti vaxer nothing has happened yet

Good for you, not so good for the man that fucked died because this cretin took him out of the hospital now is it?
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Comerciante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Comerciante » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:10 am

Rick Perry wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:hopefully ur mom got you vaccinated against measles while you were still unable to formulate any opinions or you are going to have a fun time with getting it as an adult and then deal with having no effective immune system for the next few decades.

Congratulations you are an exception to the rule and using that status to convince other people that they'll be just as lucky.

It's not impossible that someone will never actually need to take a vaccination ever.

Just like it's not impossible for people to never get into a car accident. That doesn't mean we stop telling people to wear a seatbelt.
"Rumors of CFC affiliates building superweapons in orbit over Earth is fake news. Watch groups have corroborated this even though it would be to quote the BoD "totally rad."

#00: "The first step to acquiring real power, is to learn how to steal it from someone else, the second step is learning how to keep it the third step is to restart from the first step."
"Good and Evil are Two Tall Trees sitting upon a hill, the Tree of Good is Strong and Tall and does not bend, the Tree of Evil is Short and Flimsy when the wind blows Good resists, and breaks and falls on the floor and dies and Evil? well, it bends and it lives."

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:10 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:

Good for you, not so good for the man that fucked died because this cretin took him out of the hospital now is it?

You use the word fucked I think fucking would work better. :rofl:
Well I didn't read the whole story but did the man that came out of the hospital feel better. If so taking him out of the hospital was what their supposed to do.

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:11 am

Comerciante wrote:
Rick Perry wrote:Huh. I wasn't vaccinated in 14 years. Sooooo

Congratulations you are an exception to the rule and using that status to convince other people that they'll be just as lucky.

It's not impossible that someone will never actually need to take a vaccination ever.

Just like it's not impossible for people to never get into a car accident. That doesn't mean we stop telling people to wear a seatbelt.

I didn't say become an anti vaxer >:(

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:11 am

Rick Perry wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:hopefully ur mom got you vaccinated against measles while you were still unable to formulate any opinions or you are going to have a fun time with getting it as an adult and then deal with having no effective immune system for the next few decades.

So you are gonna get assdestroyed by Tetanus next time you get a scrape wound?

MT/MagicT

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:11 am

Rick Perry wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Good for you, not so good for the man that fucked died because this cretin took him out of the hospital now is it?

Well I didn't read the whole story but did the man that came out of the hospital feel better. If so taking him out of the hospital was what their supposed to do.

He died two days later.

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:13 am

Rick Perry wrote:Huh. I wasn't vaccinated in 14 years. Sooooo

So you are gonna get assdestroyed by Tetanus next time you get a scrape wound?

Tetanus? Isn't that the game with blocks of different shapes and sizes?

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:13 am

Rick Perry wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Good for you, not so good for the man that fucked died because this cretin took him out of the hospital now is it?

No, the man was dangerously ill when the Mr. Murredu pressurised him into leaving. The man returned to hospital two days later, but it was too late to save him and he died.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:14 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Rick Perry wrote:You use the word fucked I think fucking would work better. :rofl:

No, the man was dangerously ill when the Mr. Murredu pressurised him into leaving. He returned to hospital two days later and died.

Oof

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:17 am

Rick Perry wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:So you are gonna get assdestroyed by Tetanus next time you get a scrape wound?

Tetanus? Isn't that the game with blocks of different shapes and sizes?

no that's the disease with such muscle spasms that you break bones from them. You need 3 vaccine shots to not end up in hospital for half a year paralysed and on mechanical ventilation just to avoid dying.

MT/MagicT

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:18 am

Rick Perry wrote:Tetanus? Isn't that the game with blocks of different shapes and sizes?

no that's the disease with such muscle spasms that you break bones from them. You need 3 vaccine shots to not end up in hospital for half a year paralysed and on mechanical ventilation just to avoid dying.

I know what it is.

San Lumen
Post Kaiser

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby San Lumen » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:38 am

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-tal ... -covid?amp

Fauci says 'we're going to have to start living with COVID'

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:42 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Rick Perry wrote:You use the word fucked I think fucking would work better. :rofl:

No, the man was dangerously ill when the Mr. Murredu pressurised him into leaving. The man returned to hospital two days later, but it was too late to save him and he died.

The guy appears to be a tit, but I'm not sure he really should be held responsible. The patient in the hospital has capacity, and just listened to bad advice.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:45 am

San Lumen wrote:https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/583269-fauci-were-going-to-have-to-start-living-with-covid?amp

Looks like we're stuck with masks and social distancing then if the virus isn't going away.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:46 am

San Lumen wrote:https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/583269-fauci-were-going-to-have-to-start-living-with-covid?amp

I am not surprised. Ass of a man won't tell us what actually going on.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:46 am

Rick Perry wrote:

By which you mean won't bend the truth to tell you what you want to hear.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:47 am

He also said that the current rate of infection is "unacceptable", so I'm not sure his concept is the same as yours'.

CoraSpia wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:No, the man was dangerously ill when the Mr. Murredu pressurised him into leaving. The man returned to hospital two days later, but it was too late to save him and he died.

The guy appears to be a tit, but I'm not sure he really should be held responsible. The patient in the hospital has capacity, and just listened to bad advice.

Capacity is severely diminished when seriously sick and ravaged by fever (a symptom of COVID).

So, he is responsible. He blundered in, shouting that the nurses and doctors were going to murder the patient -- when he was at his least resistance -- and ordering him (repeatedly) to follow him. Taking a seriously sick person away from where they can get the necessary medical care is a course of action that can reasonably hasten or cause their demise, and thus he should be held responsible for his reckless indifference.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:47 am

Vassenor wrote:
Rick Perry wrote:I am not surprised. Ass of a man won't tell us what actually going on.

By which you mean won't bend the truth to tell you what you want to hear.

They tell us what we want to hear and not what we need to hear.

San Lumen
Post Kaiser

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby San Lumen » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:48 am

Rick Perry wrote:

No he’s being realistic. We need to start to accept that it’s endemic and begin to move on.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General