NATION

PASSWORD

Coronavirus Thread VII: Jagged Little Pill (READ OP)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should those wilfully unvaccinated against COVID-19 receive a lower priority for hospital treatment?

YES, ALWAYS - vaccination should be a basic precaution to protect your health and that of society
26%
YES, BUT JUST FOR COVID-19 - you shouldn't get COVID treatment if you don't want to be safe from it
15%
NO, NEVER - healthcare should be based on the patient's need, not their circumstances
59%

Total votes : 792

Canada CA
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Canada CA » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:54 am

PALEOCONSERVATIVE BEAST MODE

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:57 am

yes, sending an employee out to the hospital for doing their job when they could've complained to people higher up the totem pole

Canada CA
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Canada CA » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:00 am

Diahon wrote:
Canada CA wrote:Talk about beast mode.

yes, sending an employee out to the hospital for doing their job when they could've complained to people higher up the totem pole

At my job, its the opposite.

Sometimes, a member of the public will whine to us that we aren't wearing masks.

To which I'll tell them where to go, of course.

St Robin
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby St Robin » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:01 am

I wouldn't call assault "beast mode."

There is no reason to harm another human being because of their opinions.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:01 am

So apparently it's good to beat the shit out of a minimum wage worker for having the temerity to ask you to put cloth over your face. I swear the anti-maskers are getting more and more fragile as time goes on.
Last edited by Vassenor on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:02 am

Canada CA wrote:
Diahon wrote:

Sometimes, a member of the public will whine to us that we aren't wearing masks.

This bragging is fairly immoral. Esp. in the current context.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:03 am

Canada CA wrote:
Diahon wrote:

at some place where management cares enough about its clientele to put up an effort to acknowledge the severity this ongoing pandemic can put them through, assuredly

or are you advocating "beast mode" for staff in response to customer concerns?
Last edited by Diahon on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Canada CA
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Canada CA » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:07 am

Diahon wrote:
Canada CA wrote:At my job, its the opposite.

at some place where management cares enough about its clientele to put up an effort to acknowledge the severity this ongoing pandemic can put them through, assuredly

I am indeed advocating beast mode.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:09 am

Canada CA wrote:
Diahon wrote:at some place where management cares enough about its clientele to put up an effort to acknowledge the severity this ongoing pandemic can put them through, assuredly

Being so against COVID hysteria that you want people to get hysterical and violent over being asked to put cloth over their face.
Last edited by Vassenor on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:09 am

Canada CA wrote:
Diahon wrote:at some place where management cares enough about its clientele to put up an effort to acknowledge the severity this ongoing pandemic can put them through, assuredly

Gross.

But also not surprising from someone who started posting three days ago.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:11 am

Canada CA wrote:

so lucky to wish for death without actually seeing people die before you

St Robin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby St Robin » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:12 am

Dakini wrote:
Canada CA wrote:I am indeed advocating beast mode.

Gross.

But also not surprising from someone who started posting three days ago.

Their posts do look a bit baity to me, and I did notice they were founded 3 days ago.

Though this is coming from someone who just founded their country a couple hours ago, but I intend to use this forum for respectful and beneficial discussion, unlike this individual.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:12 am

Canada CA wrote:

You understand that assault and battery are crimes right?

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

North Washington Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:13 am

Canada CA wrote:

I hope they treat you nice and gentle when they remove you from their property. ;)
I’m a Wesleyan Christian center-left American Patriot. 29 year-old male and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Pro: Jesus, The Holy Bible, Constitutional Republic, representative democracy, efficient and comprehensive welfare state, neoconservatism, civic nationalism, cannabis legalization, $15 an hour min.wage, religious liberty, LGBTQIA rights, Law & Order, police, death penalty, sensible reform of law enforcement, racial equity, peace through strength, NATO, EU
Anti: Satan, sin, anarchism, paleoconservatism, communism, libertarianism, fascism, ACAB, racism, populism, Trump(ism), Qanon, Putin, Xi, Taliban.
Economic Left/Right: -0.75. Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67
My 8values results

GET VACCINATED ASAP AND WEAR A MASK!!!

St Robin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby St Robin » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:14 am

Vassenor wrote:Being so against COVID hysteria that you want people to get hysterical and violent over being asked to put cloth over their face.

This is something I've noticed is incredibly ironic. Those who claim to be against the hysteria and panic caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic are the same people who throw temper tantrums, assault people, and constantly freak out about conspiracies regarding masks, vaccinations, and anything remotely sensible.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:15 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Canada CA wrote:I am indeed advocating beast mode.

You understand that assault and battery are crimes right?

Don’t you get it? It’s only a crime when the left does it. :roll:
I’m a Wesleyan Christian center-left American Patriot. 29 year-old male and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Pro: Jesus, The Holy Bible, Constitutional Republic, representative democracy, efficient and comprehensive welfare state, neoconservatism, civic nationalism, cannabis legalization, $15 an hour min.wage, religious liberty, LGBTQIA rights, Law & Order, police, death penalty, sensible reform of law enforcement, racial equity, peace through strength, NATO, EU
Anti: Satan, sin, anarchism, paleoconservatism, communism, libertarianism, fascism, ACAB, racism, populism, Trump(ism), Qanon, Putin, Xi, Taliban.
My 8values results

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:15 am

So, hypothetical question: If these people come with the intention of assaulting others is it ok to shoot them until the threat ceases?
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

Canada CA
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Canada CA » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:16 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:So, hypothetical question: If these people come with the intention of assaulting others is it ok to shoot them until the threat ceases?

Normally, you'd say no.

But because the perpetrator is evil anti-maskeur, you'll be fine with it.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:17 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:So, hypothetical question: If these people come with the intention of assaulting others is it ok to shoot them until the threat ceases?

Some states has stand your ground laws, so if employee of a private business feels threaten by a customer who refuses to wear a mask or confirm their vaccination status….it’s bang bang!
My 8values results

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:17 am

legally, it should be in some states
morally, use a gun as a last resort
you owe it to your customers to not shed blood unless absolutely necessary, and you owe it to humanity to see them not die over lies fostered by others on the take
Last edited by Diahon on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:17 am

Canada CA wrote:

Normally, you'd say no.

I'm pretty ok with putting 9 mm PB in attackers for self defence actually.

MT/MagicT

Canada CA
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Canada CA » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:20 am

North Washington Republic wrote:

Some states has stand your ground laws, so if employee of a private business feels threaten by a customer who refuses to wear a mask or confirm their vaccination status….it’s bang bang!

Hardly hiding your elation at being able to murder the evil anti-maskers.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Canada CA wrote:Normally, you'd say no.

I'm pretty ok with putting 9 mm PB in attackers for self defence actually.

9 mm PB? Wow! You know your firearms.

Either way, I don't think you would be. You'd likely be the first to start protesting if a police officer shoots dead a guy running around with a machete.

St Robin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby St Robin » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:20 am

Canada CA wrote:

Normally, you'd say no.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, it seems like you're just putting words in their mouth.

The hypothetical is not specific enough to determine the legality of shooting the individuals intending to assault you. In the terms of an ethical or moral question, legality can be quite important. I would prefer not to take the life of another person, which is also ironically why I wear a mask and am fully vaccinated.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:20 am

Good question. What was the verdict on mr Rittenhouse ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:20 am

People assuming things about others is just about the most uncouth thing possible.

MT/MagicT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General