NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics Thread VI: Can't We All Just Get Along?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is it no longer possible to collaborate with political opponents at this stage?

It is no longer possible.
232
36%
It is possible.
166
25%
Collaboration is possible if we have similar economic views.
47
7%
Collaboration is possible if we have similar cultural/social views.
106
16%
Why would I collaborate with anyone? Going monke is the best way forward.
102
16%
 
Total votes : 653

User avatar
Genivaria
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 68432
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Genivaria » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:55 pm

Merrill wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
You missed the issues of businesses going against the republican state rules of no masks. Anyway; your conspiracy theories are kind of boring. I am one who likes a good one……


Easy to miss when the boot on your neck is Democrat...

If a business chooses to mandate masks, that's fine, it's their property. Someone else will be happy to take my money.

That's the difference, you see. My transactions with businesses are VOLUNTARY! The government gives only a shitty choice: Obey, or Die.

No level of the American government is killing people for not obeying covid restrictions, please stop lying.
[ Anarcho-Communist, Democratic Confederalist
Free NSG Rojava

The implication...

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47011
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:55 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Ok. His end choice would be resigning for going against 45. You know that petty little fuck would have gone after him with a vengeance if he went against him. 45 can’t handle people who are respected more and challenge him.


And, even if true, he had a damn job. And he went against Trump multiple times and did not get fired for it anyway. Yeah Trump is a pansy ass crybaby, but you don't get to say "I was just following orders" when you tell the public masks will fucking get them killed.

It wasn't ok for Barr to be a shithead because Trump would can him. It's wasn't ok for Spicer, Scaramucci, Pompeo, Betsy DeVos, and all that crew to be shitheads because they were working for Trump. You do not get a pass on being a shithead because the President is a shithead. Period. You do not get a pass on getting hundreds of thousands of people killed because you were afraid of hurting his feelings.

Period.


I don’t know dude. I don’t get your thing for Fauci and the masks. Now if he was peddling the miracle cures; I would be with you on that one. Anyway…..
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Antipatros
Diplomat
 
Posts: 864
Founded: Aug 26, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Antipatros » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:57 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:*shrugs* I don’t blame him for comments made in the early days of the pandemic.


I do. He had a duty, job, and responsibility to the American people, just like the other assholes you named. And he abdicated it, and got hundreds of thousands of people killed, just like the other assholes you named. "I am afraid of telling the truth to the American people because it might hurt the feelings of an orange asshole" is not an excuse for the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases to lie to the American people, get hundreds of thousands killed, and be part of this whiplash that continues to lash back and forth to this very day.

Stop making excuses for powerful people to fucking gaslight the public because it might hurt somebody's feelings, even if that person is the President of the United States. He had a goddamn job.

Even then; he was right. The n95s did make people fidget with them.

No, he wasn't, and everybody knew it, and they know it now, given people are buying N95s now on recommendation.

I think it's a bit silly to assume that all of these anti-science, hyperpartisan assholes who are currently dragging out the pandemic wouldn't have materialized if Fauci or the US government hadn't "flip-flopped" on masks.

The CDC started recommending the use of cloth masks in early April 2020. That was nearly a year and a half ago.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47011
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:00 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Merrill wrote:
Easy to miss when the boot on your neck is Democrat...

If a business chooses to mandate masks, that's fine, it's their property. Someone else will be happy to take my money.

That's the difference, you see. My transactions with businesses are VOLUNTARY! The government gives only a shitty choice: Obey, or Die.

Please direct me to where the government has indicated death is the punishment for not complying with mask or vaccine mandates.


I’m still trying to find these democrats who want to put boots on my neck.

If he was playing a schtick I could go ok. The problem? I have heard similar comments from a few people and relatives who believe that stuff.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70286
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:01 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:
And, even if true, he had a damn job. And he went against Trump multiple times and did not get fired for it anyway. Yeah Trump is a pansy ass crybaby, but you don't get to say "I was just following orders" when you tell the public masks will fucking get them killed.

It wasn't ok for Barr to be a shithead because Trump would can him. It's wasn't ok for Spicer, Scaramucci, Pompeo, Betsy DeVos, and all that crew to be shitheads because they were working for Trump. You do not get a pass on being a shithead because the President is a shithead. Period. You do not get a pass on getting hundreds of thousands of people killed because you were afraid of hurting his feelings.

Period.


I don’t know dude. I don’t get your thing for Fauci and the masks. Now if he was peddling the miracle cures; I would be with you on that one. Anyway…..

He effectively told people masks would get them killed. He effectively told them masks would get them killed. He effectively told the American public that wearing a mask will kill them. During a pandemic where we needed to not spread it around.

I don't know how to say that any clearer.

You know how people are refusing to wear masks in stores now and spreading covid around? He told people to do that in the early stages of the pandemic. He told people not to wear masks knowing, as an immunologist, it would spread the disease around and get people killed.

I don't know how to be clearer.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71961
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:03 pm

Merrill wrote:
Corrian wrote:Dude its gonna be so fun at work the next few days/weeks I'm sure with the new federal vaccine mandate for businesses with over 100 employees. My store alone has 150-200 employees, its gonna be glorious hearing all the bitching and whining from the anti-vaxxers at work while I try not to just laugh.



So, you are just a bully, but you are not brave enough to oppress your co-workers yourself, so you outsource it to the government. Such a great, moral, kind human being you are!

Never claimed to be kind, did I? I literally do not care. They've done jack fuck to care about me the last year 1/2 of me working through this pandemic, or anyone else. They didn't even want to wear masks, and some still try to get away with it. If they refuse to do the bare minimum to care about their fellow human beings, I literally do not give a fuck anymore what happens to them or what they're forced to do. They couldn't do the right thing on their own, so they can either start being forced to or fuck off altogether.
My Last.FM and RYM

RP's hosted by me: The Last of Us RP's

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47011
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:03 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
I don’t know dude. I don’t get your thing for Fauci and the masks. Now if he was peddling the miracle cures; I would be with you on that one. Anyway…..

He effectively told people masks would get them killed. He effectively told them masks would get them killed. He effectively told the American public that wearing a mask will kill them. During a pandemic where we needed to not spread it around.

I don't know how to say that any clearer.

You know how people are refusing to wear masks in stores now and spreading covid around? He told people to do that in the early stages of the pandemic. He told people not to wear masks knowing, as an immunologist, it would spread the disease around and get people killed.

I don't know how to be clearer.


Again. Ok?

They were also a few beliefs on the ways you could get covid as well. Again early days.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70286
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:03 pm

Antipatros wrote:
Galloism wrote:
I do. He had a duty, job, and responsibility to the American people, just like the other assholes you named. And he abdicated it, and got hundreds of thousands of people killed, just like the other assholes you named. "I am afraid of telling the truth to the American people because it might hurt the feelings of an orange asshole" is not an excuse for the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases to lie to the American people, get hundreds of thousands killed, and be part of this whiplash that continues to lash back and forth to this very day.

Stop making excuses for powerful people to fucking gaslight the public because it might hurt somebody's feelings, even if that person is the President of the United States. He had a goddamn job.


No, he wasn't, and everybody knew it, and they know it now, given people are buying N95s now on recommendation.

I think it's a bit silly to assume that all of these anti-science, hyperpartisan assholes who are currently dragging out the pandemic wouldn't have materialized if Fauci or the US government hadn't "flip-flopped" on masks.

The CDC started recommending the use of cloth masks in early April 2020. That was nearly a year and a half ago.

Clearly, he didn't act alone in causing this whiplash. There were others.

Most notably including the president of the United States. Jerome Adams. Kamala Harris. To name a few.

But you do not give a pass to Fauci for this. It's wrong to do so, just as it's wrong with them.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70286
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:05 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:He effectively told people masks would get them killed. He effectively told them masks would get them killed. He effectively told the American public that wearing a mask will kill them. During a pandemic where we needed to not spread it around.

I don't know how to say that any clearer.

You know how people are refusing to wear masks in stores now and spreading covid around? He told people to do that in the early stages of the pandemic. He told people not to wear masks knowing, as an immunologist, it would spread the disease around and get people killed.

I don't know how to be clearer.


Again. Ok?

Really? "Ok?" is your answer here?

"This guy charged with protecting and advising on the public health advised people in a manner that he knew or reasonably should have known would get people killed."

"Ok?"

Jeez.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Narland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1372
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Narland » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Merrill wrote:
Easy to miss when the boot on your neck is Democrat...

If a business chooses to mandate masks, that's fine, it's their property. Someone else will be happy to take my money.

That's the difference, you see. My transactions with businesses are VOLUNTARY! The government gives only a shitty choice: Obey, or Die.

Please direct me to where the government has indicated death is the punishment for not complying with mask or vaccine mandates.

This is slightly off topic, but India has threatened a doctor with prosecution of a charge that has life imprisonment or the death penalty. While India isn't America it is still one that prides itself on upholding human rights.

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion ... b4dfa.html

In the update column: "He [Advocate Dipali Ojhafurther] wrote, "After receiving the said notice, Dr. Soumya Swaminathan went on the back foot and deleted her tweet. This has proved the hollowness of the WHO’s recommendation against Ivermectin for COVID-19. The dishonesty of WHO and the act of Dr. Soumya Swaminathan in deleting her contentious tweet was witnessed by citizens across the world, as the news got a wide coverage on social media. By deleting the tweet, Dr. Soumya Swaminathan has proved her mala fide intentions.""
also
""The Indian Bar Association has warned action under section 302 etc. of the Indian Penal Code against Dr. Soumya Swaminathan and others, for murder of each person dying due to obstruction in treatment of COVID-19 patient effectively by Ivermectin. Punishment under section 302 of the Indian Penal Code is death penalty or life imprisonment."
Last edited by Narland on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Eahland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1839
Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:10 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Merrill wrote:
Easy to miss when the boot on your neck is Democrat...

If a business chooses to mandate masks, that's fine, it's their property. Someone else will be happy to take my money.

That's the difference, you see. My transactions with businesses are VOLUNTARY! The government gives only a shitty choice: Obey, or Die.

No level of the American government is killing people for not obeying covid restrictions, please stop lying.

It's actually the virus that's killing people for not obeying COVID restrictions.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47011
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:11 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Again. Ok?

Really? "Ok?" is your answer here?

"This guy charged with protecting and advising on the public health advised people in a manner that he knew or reasonably should have known would get people killed."

"Ok?"

Jeez.


I can’t answer for what is and was going on in Fauci’s head. You can’t either. We are speculating the whys. It would be great if the world….people acted the way you wanted them to….the problem it doesn’t work that way.

For all we know; he thought he could do the dance to avoid have a 45 yes man take over and kill even more people. Again speculation.

I remember the early days there was a debate if physical contact was a main infection point…..

I don’t bare him ill will considering his situation; having to have security watch him and his family. The politics; the anti-science, etc., etc.

But hey; if you want to blame him?……..I won’t stop you. I will disagree……
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71961
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:12 pm

Merrill wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Hell there where a stack of 50 boxes of 10 N-95 masks each at Lowe’s the other day. Thats 500 masks just sitting in a store


Those aren't N-95 masks. Their just normal paper masks. Just because it looks like a medical grade mask doesn't mean that it is.

Actually, being someone who works at Lowe's I am PRETTY sure the 10 packs are N-95 masks. The 50 packs are just the paper masks.

Edit: Actually might be KN95 but still
Last edited by Corrian on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

RP's hosted by me: The Last of Us RP's

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Antipatros
Diplomat
 
Posts: 864
Founded: Aug 26, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Antipatros » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:13 pm

Galloism wrote:
Antipatros wrote:I think it's a bit silly to assume that all of these anti-science, hyperpartisan assholes who are currently dragging out the pandemic wouldn't have materialized if Fauci or the US government hadn't "flip-flopped" on masks.

The CDC started recommending the use of cloth masks in early April 2020. That was nearly a year and a half ago.

Clearly, he didn't act alone in causing this whiplash. There were others.

Most notably including the president of the United States. Jerome Adams. Kamala Harris. To name a few.

But you do not give a pass to Fauci for this. It's wrong to do so, just as it's wrong with them.

It was wrong of him to say that. There was obviously a calculation that N95 masks needed to be preserved for healthcare workers, and apparently they didn't think cloth masks were worth recommending.

I have close to zero sympathy for someone today who gets COVID, overdoses on ivermectin they bought from Tractor Supply, then ends up in the ICU. If they told me they were acting this way because of the mixed messaging on masks back in March 2020, my sympathy levels would remain close to zero. I'm seriously sick and tired of this nonsense.

User avatar
Bombadil
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16666
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bombadil » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:14 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Again. Ok?

Really? "Ok?" is your answer here?

"This guy charged with protecting and advising on the public health advised people in a manner that he knew or reasonably should have known would get people killed."

"Ok?"

Jeez.


To be fair to him, the extent of asymptomatic cases wasn't clear, essentially the risk of people showing no symptoms spreading the disease. He feared a run on masks would create a shortage for healthcare workers and advised against masks if it wasn't necessary. I mean, even during flu season the habit of wearing a mask just wasn't a thing in the West.

I would liken it to the failure if imagination akin, appropriately given the date, to 9/11. Not having faced a SARS like epidemic the risk was lowered.

In HK we heard 'China' and 'flu' and masked up like a bitch.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70286
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:15 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:Really? "Ok?" is your answer here?

"This guy charged with protecting and advising on the public health advised people in a manner that he knew or reasonably should have known would get people killed."

"Ok?"

Jeez.


I can’t answer for what is and was going on in Fauci’s head. You can’t either. We are speculating the whys. It would be great if the world….people acted the way you wanted them to….the problem it doesn’t work that way.

For all we know; he thought he could do the dance to avoid have a 45 yes man take over and kill even more people. Again speculation.

I remember the early days there was a debate if physical contact was a main infection point…..

I don’t bare him ill will considering his situation; having to have security watch him and his family. The politics; the anti-science, etc., etc.

But hey; if you want to blame him?……..I won’t stop you. I will disagree……

You're wrong. Everyone who went along with that bullshit is responsible.

You going to give Jerome Adams a pass because Fauci said it? Jerome Adams get a pass because Fauci said it, Fauci gets a pass because Jerome Adams said it?

When you are an expert in your field, it is your responsibility to contradict if your peers are wrong. It is your duty.

In accounting, if you are an accountant, and you see someone stealing and you say nothing, or it was your job to see it and you didn't, you become just as complicit as they are - and not based on knowns. Based on known or should have known. Fauci, and Jerome Adams and all the Trump crew who were complicit in all this bullshit should be held to at least that standard.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70286
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:17 pm

Antipatros wrote:
Galloism wrote:Clearly, he didn't act alone in causing this whiplash. There were others.

Most notably including the president of the United States. Jerome Adams. Kamala Harris. To name a few.

But you do not give a pass to Fauci for this. It's wrong to do so, just as it's wrong with them.

It was wrong of him to say that. There was obviously a calculation that N95 masks needed to be preserved for healthcare workers, and apparently they didn't think cloth masks were worth recommending.

I have close to zero sympathy for someone today who gets COVID, overdoses on ivermectin they bought from Tractor Supply, then ends up in the ICU. If they told me they were acting this way because of the mixed messaging on masks back in March 2020, my sympathy levels would remain close to zero. I'm seriously sick and tired of this nonsense.

This is actually part of a much longer pattern (Pre covid and honestly pre trump even, although holy fuck did he set a new bar on it) of the government telling people whatever it wants to drive some kind of result that it wants, regardless of the truth. When was the last time they just leveled with the American people and told them the truth?

There's a reason Americans are so distrustful of their government and will do anything but listen to it - it routinely earns its reputation of being untrustworthy.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70286
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:19 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Galloism wrote:Really? "Ok?" is your answer here?

"This guy charged with protecting and advising on the public health advised people in a manner that he knew or reasonably should have known would get people killed."

"Ok?"

Jeez.


To be fair to him, the extent of asymptomatic cases wasn't clear, essentially the risk of people showing no symptoms spreading the disease. He feared a run on masks would create a shortage for healthcare workers and advised against masks if it wasn't necessary. I mean, even during flu season the habit of wearing a mask just wasn't a thing in the West.

I would liken it to the failure if imagination akin, appropriately given the date, to 9/11. Not having faced a SARS like epidemic the risk was lowered.

In HK we heard 'China' and 'flu' and masked up like a bitch.

And again, instead of saying "I need to level with you all. We are not sure if masks are even effective when worn by people who haven't been trained how to use them, so we need you to not have a run on masks so that the people trained on how to use them can use them effectively to make sure each and every one of you can get treatment if you need it.", he went with "Masks may actually cause more germs to get on your face and increase you risk, so you don't want to wear them."

I challenge anyone to find a respiratory illness - from any country or time period - where masks actually increase the risk of infection.

This is part a years long series of trust breaking, and he's responsible for his part in it.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71961
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:19 pm

Honestly every now and then Biden does something pretty based, and this vaccine mandate or weekly tests is pretty based.
My Last.FM and RYM

RP's hosted by me: The Last of Us RP's

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22470
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:20 pm

I am very, very pro-federation, and very, very pro-state rights. However, I find it so stupid how state law can override federal law
If you try bring marijuana in from overseas into a state where it's legal, you can be protected for that, even though it's legal to have it in that state. That is so stupid. As much as I am pro-federation and pro-state rights, federal law should override state law
Nothing changes on New Year's Day
This map shows which country's citizens shows the percentage of EU citizens who think that their country has benefited from the Union.
The darker the skin of the people, the less they perceive the EU as a benefit. Interesting...
From Greek Ancestry Orthodox Christian
18 Published Issues and 1 WA Resolution
In-Character posts made by this fictious account do not reflect the actions of any real world government

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47011
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:21 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
I can’t answer for what is and was going on in Fauci’s head. You can’t either. We are speculating the whys. It would be great if the world….people acted the way you wanted them to….the problem it doesn’t work that way.

For all we know; he thought he could do the dance to avoid have a 45 yes man take over and kill even more people. Again speculation.

I remember the early days there was a debate if physical contact was a main infection point…..

I don’t bare him ill will considering his situation; having to have security watch him and his family. The politics; the anti-science, etc., etc.

But hey; if you want to blame him?……..I won’t stop you. I will disagree……

You're wrong. Everyone who went along with that bullshit is responsible.

You going to give Jerome Adams a pass because Fauci said it? Jerome Adams get a pass because Fauci said it, Fauci gets a pass because Jerome Adams said it?

When you are an expert in your field, it is your responsibility to contradict if your peers are wrong. It is your duty.

In accounting, if you are an accountant, and you see someone stealing and you say nothing, or it was your job to see it and you didn't, you become just as complicit as they are - and not based on knowns. Based on known or should have known. Fauci, and Jerome Adams and all the Trump crew who were complicit in all this bullshit should be held to at least that standard.


There is a difference between contradicting political theater and the research labs.

I have to ask. Are you right wing and or conservative?

I was trying to find something and found many articles on Fauci basically being boogyman and public enemy number one for the conservatives and or republicans. It’s odd…..

I
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 70286
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:23 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:You're wrong. Everyone who went along with that bullshit is responsible.

You going to give Jerome Adams a pass because Fauci said it? Jerome Adams get a pass because Fauci said it, Fauci gets a pass because Jerome Adams said it?

When you are an expert in your field, it is your responsibility to contradict if your peers are wrong. It is your duty.

In accounting, if you are an accountant, and you see someone stealing and you say nothing, or it was your job to see it and you didn't, you become just as complicit as they are - and not based on knowns. Based on known or should have known. Fauci, and Jerome Adams and all the Trump crew who were complicit in all this bullshit should be held to at least that standard.


There is a difference between contradicting political theater and the research labs.

I have to ask. Are you right wing and or conservative?

I was trying to find something and found many articles on Fauci basically being boogyman and public enemy number one for the conservatives and or republicans. It’s odd…..

I

Pretty left on a lot of things. Far enough left I'll straight up quote Karl Marx at points.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Forsher
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18977
Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Forsher » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:25 pm

If droplets are the problem... and people thought they were... then surfaces are the problem.

Masks are a surface.

Now, if aerosols are the problem... and it turns out they are... then breathing is the problem.

Masks are good at minimising the risk of breathing.

And it further turns out the droplet thing is faaaaaaaaaaaaar less significant, than breathing aerosols.

That's what's going on here.
Last edited by Forsher on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

User avatar
Narland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1372
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Narland » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:26 pm

Galloism wrote:
Antipatros wrote:It was wrong of him to say that. There was obviously a calculation that N95 masks needed to be preserved for healthcare workers, and apparently they didn't think cloth masks were worth recommending.

I have close to zero sympathy for someone today who gets COVID, overdoses on ivermectin they bought from Tractor Supply, then ends up in the ICU. If they told me they were acting this way because of the mixed messaging on masks back in March 2020, my sympathy levels would remain close to zero. I'm seriously sick and tired of this nonsense.

This is actually part of a much longer pattern (Pre covid and honestly pre trump even, although holy fuck did he set a new bar on it) of the government telling people whatever it wants to drive some kind of result that it wants, regardless of the truth. When was the last time they just leveled with the American people and told them the truth?

There's a reason Americans are so distrustful of their government and will do anything but listen to it - it routinely earns its reputation of being untrustworthy.

Some time around 2012 (either through legislation or a Supreme Court decision), the Federal Govt was given blanket permission to lie domestically to the American people. I am looking for the NPR article.. Until it once again becomes a crime, not only should government agencies not be trusted, we should expect them to gaslight us like any other corrupt government would.
Last edited by Narland on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47011
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:26 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
There is a difference between contradicting political theater and the research labs.

I have to ask. Are you right wing and or conservative?

I was trying to find something and found many articles on Fauci basically being boogyman and public enemy number one for the conservatives and or republicans. It’s odd…..

I

Pretty left on a lot of things. Far enough left I'll straight up quote Karl Marx at points.


Ok. I wasn’t going anywhere with it. Was just curious. I barely remember how to get home so expecting me to remember people’s politics is a hopeless cause.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Antipatros, Duvniask, Ethel mermania, Hantuonia, Heloin, Ifreann, Neanderthaland, Relden, Rusozak, Trivalve, Valrifall, Vassenor, Washington Resistance Army, Window Land

Advertisement

Remove ads