NATION

PASSWORD

Wuhan Lab Might be COVID Origin

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

-SARS-
Diplomat

Founded: May 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby -SARS- » Sun May 30, 2021 12:29 am

Koletsia wrote:
GuessTheAltAccount wrote:Let's face it, the 50s had the right idea on this one. We "opened China up to the rest of the world" in the hopes that would help reform it. This theory has been a dismal failure.

It couldn't have possibly been any other way. The world had seen what happened when the USSR began opening up its system to the world and it seemed to be obvious that the free market would also lead to a free people, but the world was evidently gravely mistaken. Now enough time has passed that the Taiwanese have a strong identity of their own and there are few who hold any belief that the Guomindang will ever "retake the mainland" or even desire to do so.

Reform can come in many ways. It does not have to have any connection with Taiwanese claims to the mainland.

Things were headed the right direction under Hu. There was still plenty of room for improvement, but things were headed the right direction. It goes back to what Bombadil was saying that the problem is specifically Xi Jinping. When Xi took power, that was when the authoritarian backsliding started.
This nation is made with pure 100% all-natural SARS. Non-GMO, gluten-free, and ZERO ADDED SUGAR!

Nilokeras
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nilokeras » Sun May 30, 2021 12:32 am

Koletsia wrote:The PRC is an artificial racist state built upon Han dominance of other peoples.

I have some bad news for you about the concept of the Westphalian nation-state
Last edited by Nilokeras on Sun May 30, 2021 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun May 30, 2021 1:15 am

Koletsia wrote:The PRC is an artificial racist state built upon Han dominance of other peoples.

-looks at all the countries created as relics of western colonialism-
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Phenix Springs
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenix Springs » Sun May 30, 2021 1:56 am

Oh no. So it might’ve come from a lab after all.

This is embarrassing for the mainstream media and NSG moderators.
The City of Phenix Springs

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun May 30, 2021 1:59 am

Phenix Springs wrote:Oh no. So it might’ve come from a lab after all.

Not really, changing one's opinion as new evidence comes to light is good policy. Just saying "It was released by the Chinese!" without evidence is a bad idea, even if you later turn out to have guessed right.

Phenix Springs
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenix Springs » Sun May 30, 2021 2:03 am

Albrenia wrote:

Not really, changing one's opinion as new evidence comes to light is good policy. Just saying "It was released by the Chinese!" without evidence is a bad idea, even if you later turn out to have guessed right.

It’ll just be funny to see the moderators and the other NSG-dwellers seethe when they can’t have somebody immediately banned for ”COVID misinformation”.
The City of Phenix Springs

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun May 30, 2021 2:04 am

Phenix Springs wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

It’ll just be funny to see the moderators and the other NSG-dwellers seethe when they can’t have somebody immediately banned for ”COVID misinformation”.

Misinformation like what?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Nilokeras
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nilokeras » Sun May 30, 2021 2:05 am

Nah. The genome of the virus doesn't match anything worked on at WIV and shows no signs of gain-of-function experimentation. This is all hot air.

Gouverne
Secretary

Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gouverne » Sun May 30, 2021 2:12 am

Atheris wrote:
Sannyamathland wrote:Yes, I knew that the US will say something like thus one day. Man, I understand that America is extremely jealous because China has managed to contain the Covid-19 virus

What makes you so sure that China, an actual fascist dictatorship, isn't lying about its numbers like North Korea (probably) or Turkmenistan are?

If China had high COVID numbers, people like you would be like "LOOK SEE THE VIRUS IS OUT OF CONTROL THEYRE NOT CONTROLLING IT PROPERLY" then when they have low numbers, you would say "theyre lying" which is exactly what you are doing rn. If you go to China (which I doubt you would), you can see that they've been out of lockdown for many many months. Little outbreaks here or there, but people aren't getting sick en masse and the hospitals are fine. "how do you know they're not lying" is a lame excuse for a bad COVID response from the american gov and distracts away from the actual issue of caring for people's health.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 30, 2021 2:17 am

Phenix Springs wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

*shrugs*. Nobody seethes. Banning doesn’t work that way. You get warned a few times before before being banned. People earn their ban.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 30, 2021 2:19 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:

"Actually covid was genetically engineered, but it doesn't look that way cause the ebul scawy Chinese re-engineered it to look normal."

This is the same level of logic as "Hillary Clinton is a reptilian in a skin suit, but I have no evidence because she never takes the skinsuit off."

A reptilian? If that is true, her coolness just went up.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Cereskia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cereskia » Sun May 30, 2021 2:21 am

I would say that this is a bit made up, cause the articles are a bit sketchy
About my Nation:
Overview | History | Geography | Politics | Military |Economy | International

GCRs suck, Epluribus Unum is an Overzealous Americanist, Hitler is Shitler, aaaaąăåäãâáàă
sample text
Overamericanism in the forums!!

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Sun May 30, 2021 2:30 am

Albrenia wrote:

Circumstantial evidence is still a form of evidence, and the lengths China went to in trying to cover up this pandemic in the first place before it couldn't be covered up anymore, or the fact that samples of other viruses sent to Wuhan weren't sent through the proper procedure, seemed awfully suspicious even before mainstream medicine admitted as much. The medical sciences can be just as corrupted by perverse incentives as every other walk of life.

As such, when the people citing this circumstantial evidence turn out to be right, and the people downplaying it turn out to be wrong, that reflects well on the reasoning of the former, and poorly on the reasoning of the latter.

The hypothesis that the W.H.O. can be trusted has been tested, and it has been disproven.
Last edited by GuessTheAltAccount on Sun May 30, 2021 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Sun May 30, 2021 3:35 am

Phenix Springs wrote:It’ll just be funny to see the moderators and the other NSG-dwellers seethe when they can’t have somebody immediately banned for ”COVID misinformation”.

Ahhhh, people reading the title of an article and instantly reinforce their biases without critically examining the evidence, a classic.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

South Welford
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby South Welford » Sun May 30, 2021 4:31 am

Nilokeras wrote:

Nah. The genome of the virus doesn't match anything worked on at WIV and shows no signs of gain-of-function experimentation. This is all hot air.

Usually the absence of a ballast means that a hot-air balloon, such as the one you describe, may stay afloat far longer than the pilot intended. I’m sure you’re familiar of the detailed role a scientist and their colleagues play with assuaging that.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun May 30, 2021 5:18 am

Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun May 30, 2021 8:09 am

Gouverne wrote:
Atheris wrote:What makes you so sure that China, an actual fascist dictatorship, isn't lying about its numbers like North Korea (probably) or Turkmenistan are?

If China had high COVID numbers, people like you would be like "LOOK SEE THE VIRUS IS OUT OF CONTROL THEYRE NOT CONTROLLING IT PROPERLY" then when they have low numbers, you would say "theyre lying" which is exactly what you are doing rn. If you go to China (which I doubt you would), you can see that they've been out of lockdown for many many months. Little outbreaks here or there, but people aren't getting sick en masse and the hospitals are fine. "how do you know they're not lying" is a lame excuse for a bad COVID response from the american gov and distracts away from the actual issue of caring for people's health.

It's too bad China took two months to actually tell anyone this was happening. Coulda saved more lives but big brother doesn't like to admit he fucked up.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

National Capitalist United States
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby National Capitalist United States » Sun May 30, 2021 8:44 am

Vassenor wrote:

"bUt WhAt AbOuT"
Entrepreneurial Freedom Zone

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun May 30, 2021 10:36 am

National Capitalist United States wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

"bUt WhAt AbOuT"

Where's the lie though?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

AFTOA
Political Columnist

Founded: May 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby AFTOA » Sun May 30, 2021 10:40 am

Nilokeras wrote:

yeah, some idiot ate this vicous bat soup thing and got da coronavirus.

AFTOA
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby AFTOA » Sun May 30, 2021 10:42 am

:rofl: hah, i doubt that, ITS DA BAT SOOP!!!!!!

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun May 30, 2021 10:44 am

Shocked I say, simply shocked.

:roll:

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

AFTOA
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby AFTOA » Sun May 30, 2021 10:47 am

Cereskia wrote:I would say that this is a bit made up, cause the articles are a bit sketchy

why is everybody arguing? cant we all conclude that bat soup = corona origin???

All China
Secretary

Founded: Apr 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby All China » Sun May 30, 2021 3:13 pm

Even western media admits that this is an anti-facts anti-China conspiracy theory

It is time that everyone stop blaming China for their own problems. Western nations mishandled their Covid responses. Meanwhile China has tamed Covid and is back to normal. It isn’t China’s fault that the West has incompetent governments.

Maybe if the West learned from Chinese government efficiency they wouldn’t get into pandemic messes. West is obsessed with “liberty” and “freedom” which leads to chaos and needing government to lock them down anyway. Meanwhile China citizens listen to the government and obey the laws and regulations on Covid and look, the numbers are small and China reopens in 2020 and has been reopen since.

Any attempt to say Covid made in a lab is just a baseless conspiracy theory that makes China a boogeyman. Just like the Uyghur conspiracy it is not ground in facts or reality.

All China
Secretary

Founded: Apr 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby All China » Sun May 30, 2021 3:15 pm

Gouverne wrote:
Atheris wrote:What makes you so sure that China, an actual fascist dictatorship, isn't lying about its numbers like North Korea (probably) or Turkmenistan are?

This is the truths about what is happening. China has been opened and normal for months now while the rest of the world struggles to keep its people under control.

But don’t tell Western media that, anything to make China the movie villain in their narrative.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General