NATION

PASSWORD

Media’s Lab Leak FAILURE Is NEXT Iraq WMD

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Tue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Ghost Land wrote:For the record, I've been convinced that lab has had something to do with COVID-19 ever since I read these articles several months ago. Until now I've just always been dismissed as a crazy guy spouting conspiracy theories. Seems to me somebody knew something all along.

Trump being terrible doesn't make China trustworthy, and people need to know that.

Not sure what you were trying to prove by addressing this to me specifically, considering I've been the one skeptical of China's narrative and handling of the pandemic for well over a year now - and for what it's worth I don't consider Trump to have been a terrible president either. A little nuts, sure, but I liked him infinitely more than his predecessor or his successor.
Last edited by Ghost Land on Tue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Lady Victory wrote:It really--genuinely--doesn't matter if it came from a lab or not, people. It was the responsibility of the Chinese government to contain it and they elected to, instead, suppress information about it and pretend like nothing was happening thus allowing it to spread freely. They are still responsible for allowing the pandemic to fester and spread beyond their borders through their grossly incompetent handling of the situation.

Natural, man-made, Wrath of God, etc. - doesn't matter. China was still responsible for it's containment and they dropped the ball. They still can be and should be blamed.

Note: This does not absolve Trump of his own incompetence in handling the virus, in which he did the exact same thing China did by trying to cover it up and pretend it wasn't there allowing it to spread liberally.

This.

This is the fucking correct take
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Gongsi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Gongsi » Tue May 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Gongsi wrote:As a centrist who dislikes both the DNC and the GOP, what the heck do you even have to back such a ludicrous claim? It's pure speculation, just like claiming there is a teapot orbiting the Sun.

Well it’s not exactly ludicrous as it seems. https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-05-23/

Oh yeah, I think the virus did come from a lab based on a lot of things that may or may not be coincidence. I have, instead, misread the OP and made a fool of myself. My apologies.
Dharmists_Malays_Christians_Chinese_Muslims_
A Chinese Republic on the west coast of Borneo.

GPNS President De Dangnan officially ends State of Emergency, reopens country.| Anti-Vaccine conspiracy theorist sentenced to 5 years for role in attempted hospital raid.| 12 year old De Minxiau, daughter of President De Dangnan, still missing. Police report no leads yet.

Gongsi is not representative of my beliefs, political or otherwise.
Might be a puppet of KindaFreeXP.
Tries very hard not to use NSS

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue May 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Tbh the US, UK, Australian, and Israeli intelligence agencies all said it was highly likely that COVID-19 came from a lab

that's wierd, whenever people tried saying this they were dismissed as right-wing conspiracy lunatics

That's because they said China purposefully made it to commit a global attack and establish global supremacy. These same people also believe in The Deep State (That somehow does historically worse when it comes to elections and control than the right-wing of the nation) and that Biden and other Dems are Satanic cultists who drink the blood of children and aborted fetuses and have giant orgies in the basement of Pizza restaurants.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue May 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:"I'm butthurt the thread OP is biased"

OP's are biased all the time on NSG, this is nothing new.

Leveling conspiracy theories is another level of bias altogether.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Herzpunkt
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Herzpunkt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Ghost Land wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:Trump being terrible doesn't make China trustworthy, and people need to know that.

Not sure what you were trying to prove by addressing this to me specifically, considering I've been the one skeptical of China's narrative and handling of the pandemic for well over a year now - and for what it's worth I don't consider Trump to have been a terrible president either. A little nuts, sure, but I liked him infinitely more than his predecessor or his successor.

Trump lives rent free in their minds

it's why when they post about china they HAVE TO mention Trump in their because Trump isn't allowed to be right, ever.
Pagan Kingdom of Herzpunkt/Heidnisches Königreich Herzpunkt
Ideology: Germanic Neo-Paganism, Nationalism, Traditionalism, Militarism, Agrarianism, Green Energy, Pan-Germanism, Pro-LGBT
ᚺᚨᛁᛚ ᛟᛞᛁᚾ, ᚺᚨᛁᛚ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚨᛖᛊᛁᚱ ᚨᚾᛞ ᚢᚨᚾᛁᚱ
Julius Bidenus, Imperator of Palestine and Executor of Hamas
All your Based belong to us

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue May 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Lady Victory wrote:It really--genuinely--doesn't matter if it came from a lab or not, people. It was the responsibility of the Chinese government to contain it and they elected to, instead, suppress information about it and pretend like nothing was happening thus allowing it to spread freely. They are still responsible for allowing the pandemic to fester and spread beyond their borders through their grossly incompetent handling of the situation.

Natural, man-made, Wrath of God, etc. - doesn't matter. China was still responsible for it's containment and they dropped the ball. They still can be and should be blamed.

Note: This does not absolve Trump of his own incompetence in handling the virus, in which he did the exact same thing China did by trying to cover it up and pretend it wasn't there allowing it to spread liberally.

Because the concept of "Keeping Face" and "It is what it is" has generally lead to a society that almost has a phobia of taking responsibility for mistakes and accidents.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:
Ghost Land wrote:Not sure what you were trying to prove by addressing this to me specifically, considering I've been the one skeptical of China's narrative and handling of the pandemic for well over a year now - and for what it's worth I don't consider Trump to have been a terrible president either. A little nuts, sure, but I liked him infinitely more than his predecessor or his successor.

it's why when they post about china they HAVE TO mention Trump in their because Trump isn't allowed to be right, ever.

Actually in this particular case the mentions of Trump originated from my confusion about what the hell 'Insurrectiongate' was.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue May 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:
Ghost Land wrote:Not sure what you were trying to prove by addressing this to me specifically, considering I've been the one skeptical of China's narrative and handling of the pandemic for well over a year now - and for what it's worth I don't consider Trump to have been a terrible president either. A little nuts, sure, but I liked him infinitely more than his predecessor or his successor.

Or maybe because Trump ordered the dismantling of the US' Pandemic Response Unit, the highest rated pandemic response team in the entire world, because he thought it was a waste of taxpayer money and that there would never be a global pandemic under his watch.

Oops.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Gongsi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Gongsi » Tue May 25, 2021 5:28 pm

New haven america wrote:
Herzpunkt wrote:
that's wierd, whenever people tried saying this they were dismissed as right-wing conspiracy lunatics

That's because they said China purposefully made it to commit a global attack and establish global supremacy. These same people also believe in The Deep State (That somehow does historically worse when it comes to elections and control than the right-wing of the nation) and that Biden and other Dems are Satanic cultists who drink the blood of children and aborted fetuses and have giant orgies in the basement of Pizza restaurants.

This. While it is likely that the virus came from a lab, I doubt China wanted Wuhan and the lab itself to be Ground Zero. But people will try and use anything, no matter how stretched and warped, to back up their own beliefs.
Dharmists_Malays_Christians_Chinese_Muslims_
A Chinese Republic on the west coast of Borneo.

GPNS President De Dangnan officially ends State of Emergency, reopens country.| Anti-Vaccine conspiracy theorist sentenced to 5 years for role in attempted hospital raid.| 12 year old De Minxiau, daughter of President De Dangnan, still missing. Police report no leads yet.

Gongsi is not representative of my beliefs, political or otherwise.
Might be a puppet of KindaFreeXP.
Tries very hard not to use NSS

Herzpunkt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Herzpunkt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:34 pm

New haven america wrote:
Herzpunkt wrote:

Or maybe because Trump ordered the dismantling of the US' Pandemic Response Unit, the highest rated pandemic response team in the entire world, because he thought it was a waste of taxpayer money and that there would never be a global pandemic under his watch.

Oops.

You act like the dismantling of that unit would have made or broke America, it wouldn't have Considering the virus was already present in most of the world likely nothing would have changed, maybe a little bit, but not enough for this take.
Ideology: Germanic Neo-Paganism, Nationalism, Traditionalism, Militarism, Agrarianism, Green Energy, Pan-Germanism, Pro-LGBT

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 25, 2021 5:35 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:

Because it's not like Trump is defended in the OP or anything. :roll:
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Herzpunkt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Herzpunkt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:37 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:

Because it's not like Trump is defended in the OP or anything. :roll:

so what, OP biased is nothing new on NS

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:Because it's not like Trump is defended in the OP or anything. :roll:

Neither is criticizing an OP or who is defended with in one, but apparently that means Trump lives rent free in my head, because god forbid anyone criticize Trump.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Holocene Extinction

Herzpunkt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Herzpunkt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:

Neither is criticizing an OP or who is defended with in one, but apparently that means Trump lives rent free in my head, because god forbid anyone criticize Trump.

I mean he does live in your head

How about we discuss the actual meat and potatoes

What should be done to China should this information be deemed accurate?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:Neither is criticizing an OP or who is defended with in one, but apparently that means Trump lives rent free in my head, because god forbid anyone criticize Trump.

Sanctioned. Trade cut. Arrests be carried out on party members who aren’t in China
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Herzpunkt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Herzpunkt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Herzpunkt wrote:

Sanctioned. Trade cut. Arrests be carried out on party members who aren’t in China

seems pretty tame

Havn't we already done most of these in the past?
Last edited by Herzpunkt on Tue May 25, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 25, 2021 5:42 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:Neither is criticizing an OP or who is defended with in one, but apparently that means Trump lives rent free in my head, because god forbid anyone criticize Trump.

Trump being good is part of the arguments being made here.

Thermodolia wrote:
Herzpunkt wrote:

This ^^

Holocene Extinction

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue May 25, 2021 5:42 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Herzpunkt wrote:

The US doesn't have any economic leverage against China though, thanks to the Republicans selling America's industry to the place.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Herzpunkt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Herzpunkt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:43 pm

New haven america wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Sanctioned. Trade cut. Arrests be carried out on party members who aren’t in China

The US doesn't have any economic leverage against China though, thanks to the Republicans selling America's industry to the place.

Is that why all the liberals and their celebrity friends make videos apologizing and simping to the CCP? Cause "Republicans" :roll:

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Sanctioned. Trade cut. Arrests be carried out on party members who aren’t in China

seems pretty tame

No. We’ve done none of those. Cutting all trade with China isn’t tame. We aren’t in a position to invade China so the next best thing is to cut all trade, sanction them, and arrest the party officials
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Herzpunkt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Herzpunkt » Tue May 25, 2021 5:44 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Herzpunkt wrote:
seems pretty tame

No. We’ve done none of those. Cutting all trade with China isn’t tame. We aren’t in a position to invade China so the next best thing is to cut all trade, sanction them, and arrest the party officials

cut all trade?

Damn, I'm starting to like you

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue May 25, 2021 5:44 pm

New haven america wrote:

We have enough. If we stop buying their crap things will hurt for China.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Tue May 25, 2021 5:44 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Herzpunkt wrote:
seems pretty tame

We're not in a position to cut trade or arrest party members either because China owns most of America's manufacturing.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue May 25, 2021 5:45 pm

Herzpunkt wrote:What should be done to China should this information be deemed accurate?

A good question. At the very least they should be made to follow some basic standards of safety in their labs, along with the withdrawal of funding from outside China for any and all of their projects until they can prove they have done so.

Also, lab leak claims true or not, the rest of the world needs to disentangle themselves from reliance on the exploitative Chinese economy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General