NATION

PASSWORD

Race is no longer an issue?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Would you proceed with the Transformation?

Yes (let's turn absolutely everyone into a random single ethnic group)
10%
No
90%

Total votes : 132

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat May 15, 2021 3:19 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:You are now all Neanderthals. Surprise!

Thats going ruin my razor
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Sat May 15, 2021 3:19 pm

No because Racism is just being used today as a means to divide people and turn them against one another and as a way for certain people to gain power and wealth by promising that they and only them have the solution as long as you give them lots of money and power.

If you got rid of races they'll simply change to something else, one side would declare themselves as saviors of the oppressed left handed, and the other side would declare themselves the protectors of the Right handed majority.

And then both sides would demand lots and lots of money to make sure you're compliant and to "FIGHT OPPRESSION!!!!"
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Sat May 15, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Sat May 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:You are now all Neanderthals. Surprise!

Aw, man. I was hoping for hobbits.

Azania- wrote:Humanity's strength is it's diversity. I wonder what genetic problems, if any, would arise in a completely ethnically homogenous population.

We're actually not very diverse. Humanity apparently went through a pretty serious genetic bottleneck in early prehistory, so we're all descended from only a few thousand people. Humanity's strengths are thinking, talking, and tools.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat May 15, 2021 8:24 pm

Well I imagine it would at least get rid of the BLM issues for a while if nothing else.

Still, I prefer a planet with people having a wide range of appearances.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat May 15, 2021 8:30 pm

Luziyca wrote:No: as the burakumin prove, even if you're part of the same ethnic group as dominant society, they'll find a way to discriminate against you.

Maybe but that will take a few decades/generations to reconfigure? Maybe humanity will learn in that time.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat May 15, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sat May 15, 2021 8:34 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Well I imagine it would at least get rid of the BLM issues for a while if nothing else.

It's a question of a (waay) greater harm of millions of deaths due to skin cancer, also melanoma, identity (by that, I mean like personal identity on your driver's license) loss, identity theft, and billions of people being unable to recognize their friends and family. It's like trying to get rid of erectile dysfunction by erasing everyone's reproductive organs.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

“Race is no longer an issue?”

Postby Deacarsia » Sat May 15, 2021 8:35 pm

This is a ridiculous idea that in the end actually would accomplish nothing. Human nature is fallen, and hence there will always be conflict.

Moreover, it is good that people look different. God created people the way they are for a reason.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Sat May 15, 2021 8:36 pm

FUCK YEAH
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm

Resilient Acceleration wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Well I imagine it would at least get rid of the BLM issues for a while if nothing else.

It's a question of a (waay) greater harm of millions of deaths due to skin cancer, also melanoma, identity (by that, I mean like personal identity on your driver's license) loss, identity theft, and billions of people being unable to recognize their friends and family. It's like trying to get rid of erectile dysfunction by erasing everyone's reproductive organs.

Eh? Skin cancer? How come?

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sat May 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Resilient Acceleration wrote:

Indeed. Very much the Thanos school of race theory.

In that it is massive overkill, incredibly destructive, and wouldn't work anyway.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Sat May 15, 2021 8:39 pm

It would be very unethical, and I'm sure racists would just end up loudly going around trying to distinguish themselves like the Sneetches but without the resolution.
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Sat May 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Resilient Acceleration wrote:It's a question of a (waay) greater harm of millions of deaths due to skin cancer, also melanoma, identity (by that, I mean like personal identity on your driver's license) loss, identity theft, and billions of people being unable to recognize their friends and family. It's like trying to get rid of erectile dysfunction by erasing everyone's reproductive organs.

Here

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat May 15, 2021 8:46 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat May 15, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat May 15, 2021 8:47 pm

Samudera Darussalam wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Here

So is this source saying white Australians would have higher skin cancer rates than Aboriginals... or that Afrikaners would have higher rates than blacks in the tropics? It just doesn’t sound right.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat May 15, 2021 8:50 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Samudera Darussalam wrote:Here

So is this source saying white Australians would have higher skin cancer rates than Aboriginals... or that Afrikaners would have higher rates than blacks in the tropics? It just doesn’t sound right.

Do you not understand how melanin works?
Last edited by Heloin on Sat May 15, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sat May 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Lady Victory wrote:I'd much rather transform everyone into a hot blue alien chick tbh.

Turn everyone into dragons instead.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sat May 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

...that's literally what skin color is for.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Sat May 15, 2021 8:58 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Darker skin tone isn't just because nature loves diversity, IM. It's a form of natural adaptation in that it gives people who have been living in areas with higher sunlight intensity more protection against UV.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Sat May 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Technically, everyone is actually related, but if it happens as you say, genetic diseases will be more likely to multiply. diversity is therefore always good. I have an ethnic origin where the mixture of Anatolian Turks and southern salv is dominant.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat May 15, 2021 9:09 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:No because Racism is just being used today as a means to divide people and turn them against one another and as a way for certain people to gain power and wealth by promising that they and only them have the solution as long as you give them lots of money and power.

If you got rid of races they'll simply change to something else, one side would declare themselves as saviors of the oppressed left handed, and the other side would declare themselves the protectors of the Right handed majority.

And if you're in Ireland, one side would declare themselves defenders of the Red Hand and become the Red Hand Commandos.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat May 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Samudera Darussalam wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Darker skin tone isn't just because nature loves diversity, IM. It's a form of natural adaptation in that it gives people who have been living in areas with higher sunlight intensity more protection against UV.

How significant is it though? Because I’ve never heard of a white Australian/African health crisis from insufficient melanin. Never heard of it.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat May 15, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Universil-Unoyz Wintarros
Attaché

Founded: Aug 31, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Universil-Unoyz Wintarros » Sat May 15, 2021 9:10 pm

This idea angers me.

You would effectively be wiping away ALL of anthropology as a study and a great chunk of history as a study. All the races would be gone, we wouldn't be able to study how different ancient groups interacted with one another nor how they separately evolved.

Not to mention the evolution part- whites are white because they receive less sunlight up north, while tropical races are dark skinned due to a lot of sun.
Putting tropical races up north is a bad idea, same with white people in the tropics (as is currently being discussed).
Last edited by Universil-Unoyz Wintarros on Sat May 15, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Factbook Directory~

Federal Intergalactic Empire.
UUW manifests as heretical transmissions are interpreted. More is to be added.
Tsarus/Tsarus, 2142

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sat May 15, 2021 9:11 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Samudera Darussalam wrote:Darker skin tone isn't just because nature loves diversity, IM. It's a form of natural adaptation in that it gives people who have been living in areas with higher sunlight intensity more protection against UV.

How significant is it though? Because I’ve never heard of a white Australian/African health crisis from insufficient melanin. Never heard of it.

https://www.wcrf.org/dietandcancer/skin ... tatistics/

Australia leads the world in skin cancer.

EDIT: in particular compare Australia's rates to those of the UK. They are roughly twice as high. If we exclude Australian Aboriginals (which I'm sure they're used to by now) these are essentially the same people. The influence of environment on skin is really dramatic.
Last edited by Neanderthaland on Sat May 15, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat May 15, 2021 9:12 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Samudera Darussalam wrote:Darker skin tone isn't just because nature loves diversity, IM. It's a form of natural adaptation in that it gives people who have been living in areas with higher sunlight intensity more protection against UV.

Have you seen skin cancer rates in white folks IM? They're higher than in darker people because they have less melanin.

Haven't you ever wondered why both east Asians and whites are pale and southeast Asians, Africans and Indians are dark?
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat May 15, 2021 9:13 pm

Universil-Unoyz Wintarros wrote:This idea angers me.

You would effectively be wiping away ALL of anthropology as a study and a great chunk of history as a study. All the races would be gone, we wouldn't be able to study how different ancient groups interacted with one another nor how they separately evolved.

Not to mention the evolution part- whites are white because they receive less sunlight up north, while tropical races are dark skinned due to a lot of sun.
Putting tropical races up north is a bad idea, same with white people in the tropics (as is currently being discussed).

I don’t think it erases the past though

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General