NATION

PASSWORD

Controversial Opinion!!!!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
The Great Nation of Great People
Civil Servant

Founded: May 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Controversial Opinion!!!!

Postby The Great Nation of Great People » Fri May 14, 2021 1:53 pm

(Ok, In this post I will be discussing RP but I AM NOT RPing! I am merely discussing a rp subject and everything I say is OOC.)

Roleplay is too hard. Just going through all these guides and tutorials is like going through a maze! The way it is presented makes it very unwelcoming to new players as the shear volume of material makes it extremely hard to pinpoint all the info needed to play. I myself am a semi-newcomer and found the long forum posts exhausting and complicated to go through. I get the basic parts of RP and I think I could do some RP with a few people but I feel that the RP community needs to find away to make learning RP easier than scrolling through massive forum posts (though those posts were super helpful). Maybe a Youtube video, a how to, or a for dummies would make Rping feel fun and exciting and not just a chore! Please share your thoughts and please direct me to more beginner friendly RP sources! Have a nice day! (Note-I am not trying to diss anyone in this post. Those forum posts were great guides that made me understand the topic but they were not beginner friendly and hard to navigate)

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Fri May 14, 2021 1:55 pm

The Great Nation of Great People wrote:(Ok, In this post I will be discussing RP but I AM NOT RPing! I am merely discussing a rp subject and everything I say is OOC.)

Roleplay is too hard. Just going through all these guides and tutorials is like going through a maze! The way it is presented makes it very unwelcoming to new players as the shear volume of material makes it extremely hard to pinpoint all the info needed to play. I myself am a semi-newcomer and found the long forum posts exhausting and complicated to go through. I get the basic parts of RP and I think I could do some RP with a few people but I feel that the RP community needs to find away to make learning RP easier than scrolling through massive forum posts (though those posts were super helpful). Maybe a Youtube video, a how to, or a for dummies would make Rping feel fun and exciting and not just a chore! Please share your thoughts and please direct me to more beginner friendly RP sources! Have a nice day! (Note-I am not trying to diss anyone in this post. Those forum posts were great guides that made me understand the topic but they were not beginner friendly and hard to navigate)

Maybe ask someone. I mean there no real way to rp. You can havenyournown style. However if you wouldnlike to learn the upper type rps, then ask some how they rp

Mestovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Mestovakia » Fri May 14, 2021 1:56 pm

The Great Nation of Great People wrote:(Ok, In this post I will be discussing RP but I AM NOT RPing! I am merely discussing a rp subject and everything I say is OOC.)

Just use your creativity. Those we are rules I've followed when making posts. Well, that and don't godmod.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Mestovakia on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mzeusia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mzeusia » Fri May 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Don't look at the guides, just know the site rules, don't break them, and you'll be fine.
If you are interested in having the Mzeusian Library write something for your nation, click here!

Pro: volone is an Italian cheese made from cow's milk.
Anti: gua is one of the 2 major islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. I wonder what the other island is?

The Great Nation of Great People
Civil Servant

Founded: May 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Nation of Great People » Fri May 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Mestovakia wrote:

Just use your creativity. Those we are rules I've followed when making posts. Well, that and don't godmod.

Thanks!!!

Mestovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Mestovakia » Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Also, as I've demonstrated, remember to spellcheck your posts before submission.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Mestovakia on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri May 14, 2021 2:01 pm

There have been people RPing here for years. They too had to start somewhere. Just give yourself time to learn the ropes and let your creativity flow. There are role play mentors who can offer tips that can help you aclimate yourself a bit faster to the game. Just give it time, otherwise you’ll feel overwhelmed as it seems you’re feeling now.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Imperial Rifta
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Imperial Rifta » Fri May 14, 2021 2:01 pm

A strategy I did was to choose one nation and read they’re posts. This gave me a good idea of what to do.
Low quality posts from 2020-2023
Eagles - Braves - Crimson Tide - Kraken -

News: The Riftan Professional Bailball League’s playoffs begin and the headlines are stolen by the massive upset by the Etnasa Warhorses over the Proxima Purple Knights in the first round. Meanwhile, the Sarif Beasts topple the Cesar Red after a low scoring game culminating in a one-point victory.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Fri May 14, 2021 2:02 pm

This would seem to be in the wrong forum -- since general has nothing to do with RP at all.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General