NATION

PASSWORD

TYT's own audience lashes out at them for disputing the DSM

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Mon May 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
N-noooo, TYT said Armenians genocide each other? Did they actually say that? :eek: :shock:

They said that Russians, (who are Slavs,) get together every 40 years to genocide other Slavs. Their "stellar" source for this was a mentally broken idiot, who was used for experimentation by his daddy on behalf of the Stasi. After RuNet went after TYT, they took down that video, but yes, they actually tried that level of bullshit.

Okay, you claim the video was taken down. Did you find another version of the video available elsewhere, or do we just have to take your word for it?
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Mon May 10, 2021 2:26 pm

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:
Shofercia wrote:
They said that Russians, (who are Slavs,) get together every 40 years to genocide other Slavs. Their "stellar" source for this was a mentally broken idiot, who was used for experimentation by his daddy on behalf of the Stasi. After RuNet went after TYT, they took down that video, but yes, they actually tried that level of bullshit.

Okay, you claim the video was taken down. Did you find another version of the video available elsewhere, or do we just have to take your word for it?

There's a thing called common sense. First, that kind of idiocy is hard to make up. Second, if I was to defame someone for making fun of Russia with bullshit, why would I do so to an already discredited group? TYT ranks as close to a zero as you can get. This is an organization that has no fucking idea what the word "Genocide" means:

Monster Trump Doubles Down On Genocidal Nuclear Threats

That's the actual title for one of their videos talking about North Korea. Why throw "genocidal" there, when Trump was talking about a retaliatory strike? In yet another video, titled The Most Russian Sport EVER? they show a bunch of men bitch slapping each other; said sport doesn't even make the top 1,000 in Russia... probably not even the top 10,000.

When talking about Joe Biden, their first comment after pointing out that Biden recognized an actual Genocide, was how that increased tensions between US and Turkey.

TYT is rightly hated by just about everyone, so if I was going to trash someone for that, why would I focus on an organization that trashes itself on a daily basis? That makes no sense, unless it actually happened.
Last edited by Shofercia on Mon May 10, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Tue May 11, 2021 1:52 am

Shofercia wrote:There's a thing called common sense. First, that kind of idiocy is hard to make up. Second, if I was to defame someone for making fun of Russia with bullshit, why would I do so to an already discredited group?

Only you can know that. The idea that I should have to either know precisely what your motives are or assume you're telling the truth is a false dichotomy fit to rival "God of the gaps". People will always have reasons to lie that others might not understand.

Shofercia wrote:TYT ranks as close to a zero as you can get. This is an organization that has no fucking idea what the word "Genocide" means:

Their clickbait titles are annoying, no doubt. But hyperbole is par for the course with them. This video wasn't about a literal "love letter" either.

Shofercia wrote:That's the actual title for one of their videos talking about North Korea. Why throw "genocidal" there, when Trump was talking about a retaliatory strike? In yet another video, titled The Most Russian Sport EVER? they show a bunch of men bitch slapping each other; said sport doesn't even make the top 1,000 in Russia... probably not even the top 10,000.

"Most Russian" does not equal "most popular in Russia." You didn't seem to have a problem with this remark of mine similarly stereotyping Russia either.

Shofercia wrote:When talking about Joe Biden, their first comment after pointing out that Biden recognized an actual Genocide, was how that increased tensions between US and Turkey.

That is a simple statement of fact. Nowhere in it is it implied that it isn't on the whole worth it; on the contrary they seem to be implying the complete opposite; as opposed to several prior Presidents in a row refusing to acknowledge it, who in so doing were at best implicitly saying it ISN'T worth it.

Shofercia wrote:TYT is rightly hated by just about everyone, so if I was going to trash someone for that, why would I focus on an organization that trashes itself on a daily basis? That makes no sense, unless it actually happened.

Again, false dichotomy. It's the Internet. People lie all the time here. Prove it or accept being doubted.
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue May 11, 2021 2:10 am

All medical diagnoses should of course be challenged and read with the knowledge that doctors like to overdiagnose people, but I wouldn't be saying that all conditions are fake. Everybody just needs to do their own research.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks
Ambassador

Founded: May 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wink Wonk We Like Stonks » Tue May 11, 2021 2:51 am

CoraSpia wrote:All medical diagnoses should of course be challenged and read with the knowledge that doctors like to overdiagnose people, but I wouldn't be saying that all conditions are fake. Everybody just needs to do their own research.

you think ordinary people are more qualified to diagnose themselves than a doctor?
bad reply? a random criminal/civilian will be sent to SweatshopvilleTM. To date, 63+ have been sent. stonks for apotheosis 2024
pronouns i keep in my washed pasta sauce jars: she, they, he; hedonism is based
according to legend, i once wrote:agender mars-colony automated decadent libertarian anti-statist degrowth

*juggling vials of covid vaccine* come get yall's juice

Austreylia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Austreylia » Tue May 11, 2021 3:00 am

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks wrote:you think ordinary people are more qualified to diagnose themselves than a doctor?

No, he's saying that people should be mindful of doctors habitually over-diagnosing supposed conditions, and that people should be skeptical of any diagnoses because of that.

I'm autistic with OCD. I don't dispute the diagnosis, but I do dispute the doctors orders that I take medication, because it isn't necessary that I take it.
...we do a little trolling, it's called we do a little trolling.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue May 11, 2021 3:35 am

Austreylia wrote:
Wink Wonk We Like Stonks wrote:you think ordinary people are more qualified to diagnose themselves than a doctor?

No, he's saying that people should be mindful of doctors habitually over-diagnosing supposed conditions, and that people should be skeptical of any diagnoses because of that.

I'm autistic with OCD. I don't dispute the diagnosis, but I do dispute the doctors orders that I take medication, because it isn't necessary that I take it.

In the same way I was diagnosed with depression but informed the doctor from the outset I flat out refused to take any medication for it as I refuse to have a chemical regulate my mental state. I just couldn't imagine not being in control of the goings on inside my own head.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed May 12, 2021 12:41 am

Shofercia wrote:There's a thing called common sense. First, that kind of idiocy is hard to make up. Second, if I was to defame someone for making fun of Russia with bullshit, why would I do so to an already discredited group?

Only you can know that. The idea that I should have to either know precisely what your motives are or assume you're telling the truth is a false dichotomy fit to rival "God of the gaps". People will always have reasons to lie that others might not understand.

Thanks for realizing that TYT is a discredited group, well done, you're slowly merging on the same page with the rest of NSG. As for motives, when the motive's common sense, it really ain't hard to guess. If Josh said "I want to see a movie with my friends" and Josh drives his group of friends to a plaza with a movie theater, Josh's motives are obvious to anyone who's not oblivious.

Shofercia wrote:TYT ranks as close to a zero as you can get. This is an organization that has no fucking idea what the word "Genocide" means:

Their clickbait titles are annoying, no doubt. But hyperbole is par for the course with them. This video wasn't about a literal "love letter" either.

That's an opinion piece, not an actual attempt to portray bullshit as facts. And yes, others do engage in hyperbole, and when their misuse of the word "Genocide" rises to the bullshit levels that it does for TYT, I'll call them out as well.

Shofercia wrote:That's the actual title for one of their videos talking about North Korea. Why throw "genocidal" there, when Trump was talking about a retaliatory strike? In yet another video, titled The Most Russian Sport EVER? they show a bunch of men bitch slapping each other; said sport doesn't even make the top 1,000 in Russia... probably not even the top 10,000.

"Most Russian" does not equal "most popular in Russia." You didn't seem to have a problem with this remark of mine similarly stereotyping Russia either.

That's because I didn't bother reading a bunch of dumb comments in a dumb thread based on an incorrect source. In fact, my only comment in that thread was pointing out that the source was wrong. You do realize that I don't read every post on NSG, right?

Shofercia wrote:When talking about Joe Biden, their first comment after pointing out that Biden recognized an actual Genocide, was how that increased tensions between US and Turkey.

That is a simple statement of fact. Nowhere in it is it implied that it isn't on the whole worth it; on the contrary they seem to be implying the complete opposite; as opposed to several prior Presidents in a row refusing to acknowledge it, who in so doing were at best implicitly saying it ISN'T worth it.

Usually when people give a fuck about genocide victims, even if it's just a single, actual fuck, rather than pretending to do so, their statements are something like this:

"President Biden finally recognized the Armenian Genocide, bringing its recognition one step closer to reality Worldwide, and helping the families of its victims..."

And here's TYT's take, let's see if you can tell the difference:

"President Biden recognized the Armenian Genocide, increasing tensions between US and Turkey..."

I know the difference is subtle, but it's still quite plausible to spot.

Shofercia wrote:TYT is rightly hated by just about everyone, so if I was going to trash someone for that, why would I focus on an organization that trashes itself on a daily basis? That makes no sense, unless it actually happened.

Again, false dichotomy. It's the Internet. People lie all the time here. Prove it or accept being doubted.

I welcome being doubted by flat earthers, and anyone who still fails to grasp that TYT is a piece of shit. In fact, I encourage those posters to doubt me, since it'll only add to my credibility with posters whose opinion I actually care about.

Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Sat May 15, 2021 4:04 am

Shofercia wrote:As for motives, when the motive's common sense, it really ain't hard to guess. If Josh said "I want to see a movie with my friends" and Josh drives his group of friends to a plaza with a movie theater, Josh's motives are obvious to anyone who's not oblivious.

Not if you're claiming to know them for a fact. Maybe he intends to go to a different store that he doesn't want you to know he's going to. Maybe he intends to snort cocaine with them in a back alley behind the plaza. We don't know. One could maybe hold honesty about intent as the default position when discussing these things in person, where you have facial and body language cues that could assist when judging intent. Even then, it's never a sure deal. Online, we have nothing to go on.

Shofercia wrote:That's because I didn't bother reading a bunch of dumb comments in a dumb thread based on an incorrect source.

That's a shame. Often times it's when people are convinced of something that turns out to be false, you get a more authentic glimpse into how they would react were it true than if it were presented as the hypothetical it is.

Shofercia wrote:Usually when people give a fuck about genocide victims, even if it's just a single, actual fuck, rather than pretending to do so, their statements are something like this:

"President Biden finally recognized the Armenian Genocide, bringing its recognition one step closer to reality Worldwide, and helping the families of its victims..."

Tell me how many other genocides had this as a universal reaction, with comparably powerful interests that wanted to suppress it also warranting a mention, the same ones that managed to hold back several Presidents in a row immediately prior to that.

Several Presidents in a row. From both parties.

Shofercia wrote:"President Biden recognized the Armenian Genocide, increasing tensions between US and Turkey..."

They mention money in politics all the time. That doesn't mean they're siding with the corporate donors.

To say it Biden-style, "come on, man." If you aren't biased against TYT's outside-the-box perspective yourself, you're playing right into the hands of those who are.

Shofercia wrote:I welcome being doubted by flat earthers, and anyone who still fails to grasp that TYT is a piece of shit. In fact, I encourage those posters to doubt me, since it'll only add to my credibility with posters whose opinion I actually care about.

You're missing the point. The point is that without proof, there's no more merit to your assertion than any other posted online.
Last edited by GuessTheAltAccount on Sat May 15, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sat May 15, 2021 4:09 am

i think its important to realize that anxiety disorders exist and aren't an excuse. Its a medical condition. You can go on a counter-culture bend and say its all to feed victimization but then you'd be wrong. :roll:
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat May 15, 2021 10:48 am

CoraSpia wrote:
Austreylia wrote:No, he's saying that people should be mindful of doctors habitually over-diagnosing supposed conditions, and that people should be skeptical of any diagnoses because of that.

In the same way I was diagnosed with depression but informed the doctor from the outset I flat out refused to take any medication for it as I refuse to have a chemical regulate my mental state. I just couldn't imagine not being in control of the goings on inside my own head.

You... do realize that chemicals already regulate your mental state, and if anything taking medication for depression corrects an imbalance that you have no control over and puts you back in control, right?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Sat May 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Shofercia wrote:As for motives, when the motive's common sense, it really ain't hard to guess. If Josh said "I want to see a movie with my friends" and Josh drives his group of friends to a plaza with a movie theater, Josh's motives are obvious to anyone who's not oblivious.

Not if you're claiming to know them for a fact. Maybe he intends to go to a different store that he doesn't want you to know he's going to. Maybe he intends to snort cocaine with them in a back alley behind the plaza. We don't know. One could maybe hold honesty about intent as the default position when discussing these things in person, where you have facial and body language cues that could assist when judging intent. Even then, it's never a sure deal. Online, we have nothing to go on.

It's interesting how the only poster who likes TYT got the "maybe he wants to snort cocaine" out of "let's go to the movies" - this is beginning to make more and more sense.

Shofercia wrote:That's because I didn't bother reading a bunch of dumb comments in a dumb thread based on an incorrect source.

That's a shame. Often times it's when people are convinced of something that turns out to be false, you get a more authentic glimpse into how they would react were it true than if it were presented as the hypothetical it is.

I wouldn't say that saving time's a shame. I know how most Russia threads go on NSG, so wasting my time to have someone whose opinion doesn't matter make an observation that I don't give a fuck about, just wouldn't be shameful. Not one bit.

Shofercia wrote:Usually when people give a fuck about genocide victims, even if it's just a single, actual fuck, rather than pretending to do so, their statements are something like this:

Tell me how many other genocides had this as a universal reaction, with comparably powerful interests that wanted to suppress it also warranting a mention, the same ones that managed to hold back several Presidents in a row immediately prior to that.

Several Presidents in a row. From both parties.

Why? I thought this was about numerous people's response to Biden's statement, rather than talking about other presidents and other instances.

Me: "This is how normal people would respond to the event, and this is how TYT responded"
You: "Let's talk about other events!"
Me: "Why? That doesn't address any point of an argument that I'm trying to make"

Shofercia wrote:"President Biden recognized the Armenian Genocide, increasing tensions between US and Turkey..."

They mention money in politics all the time. That doesn't mean they're siding with the corporate donors.

To say it Biden-style, "come on, man." If you aren't biased against TYT's outside-the-box perspective yourself, you're playing right into the hands of those who are.

I love outside-the-box perspective, but TYT's happens to racist, sexist, rapist, bestial, lying, etc, etc, etc. It's those parts that I despise.

Shofercia wrote:I welcome being doubted by flat earthers, and anyone who still fails to grasp that TYT is a piece of shit. In fact, I encourage those posters to doubt me, since it'll only add to my credibility with posters whose opinion I actually care about.

You're missing the point. The point is that without proof, there's no more merit to your assertion than any other posted online.

My point is that common sense can be used to gather proof. It seems you've been watching too much TYT, and hence missed the point.

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Sat May 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Shofercia wrote:It's interesting how the only poster who likes TYT got the "maybe he wants to snort cocaine" out of "let's go to the movies" - this is beginning to make more and more sense.

You're missing the point of the analogy. But thanks for driving home how irrationally bashy you are when making TYT fans out to be gutterminded degenerates.

Shofercia wrote:Why? I thought this was about numerous people's response to Biden's statement, rather than talking about other presidents and other instances.

Me: "This is how normal people would respond to the event, and this is how TYT responded"
Me: "Why? That doesn't address any point of an argument that I'm trying to make"

Actually, it does. You claimed to know intent. Compare it to another genocide, and provide proof that the thing you claimed was the "normal" reaction was in fact the normal reaction, or I'm dismissing it as another mere assertion.

Shofercia wrote:I love outside-the-box perspective, but TYT's happens to racist, sexist, rapist, bestial, lying, etc, etc, etc. It's those parts that I despise.

Then why did you feel the need to smear them as Armenian Genocide denialists in the first place? If those parts are what you despise, why didn't you focus on that?

Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes, there's no such thing as "gender-neutral" (our hormones affect our lives AND how we feel about those lives), the closest thing to "rape" they condoned was an act everyone condoned until a few years ago (in the 90s it was even a staple of movies) and could more reasonably be blamed less on individual perpetrators and more on the hypocrisy of everyone denying males are the less-picky sex while invoking insults derived from the very same assumption (if you were a woman and wasn't sure a teenage boy would enjoy your sexual advances on him, who would you believe, the consistent ones, or the "boys aren't less picky than girls, you must have difficulties getting laid" crowd?), Cenk's "would that be bestiality? Neigh" joke was just a stupid pun the media tried to pretend was a serious remark, and you still have yet to make the case for why they're liars.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Tue May 18, 2021 5:14 pm

Shofercia wrote:It's interesting how the only poster who likes TYT got the "maybe he wants to snort cocaine" out of "let's go to the movies" - this is beginning to make more and more sense.

You're missing the point of the analogy. But thanks for driving home how irrationally bashy you are when making TYT fans out to be gutterminded degenerates.

I'm not the one who went from "let's go to the movies" to "maybe that's codeword to snort cocaine" and there are certain TYT videos that I cannot even post on NSG as they're so vulgar that they break community guidelines. I'm not trying to bash anyone, I'm just calling out TYT for what it is.

Shofercia wrote:Why? I thought this was about numerous people's response to Biden's statement, rather than talking about other presidents and other instances.

Actually, it does. You claimed to know intent. Compare it to another genocide, and provide proof that the thing you claimed was the "normal" reaction was in fact the normal reaction, or I'm dismissing it as another mere assertion.

The comparison should be on how other people reacted to the same exact event, not how other people reacted to other events, otherwise the analysis is pointless, since different people react to different events, differently. There are those who react to Genocide with horror and then there's TYT.

Shofercia wrote:I love outside-the-box perspective, but TYT's happens to racist, sexist, rapist, bestial, lying, etc, etc, etc. It's those parts that I despise.

Then why did you feel the need to smear them as Armenian Genocide denialists in the first place? If those parts are what you despise, why didn't you focus on that?

Because denying a Genocide of a specific ethnicity is racist by its very definition. How does anyone not understand that?

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes,

Denying a Genocide isn't "a little bit racist" it's "full on racist"

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:there's no such thing as "gender-neutral" (our hormones affect our lives AND how we feel about those lives),

Not even sure what this has to do with anything I've said.

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:the closest thing to "rape" they condoned was an act everyone condoned until a few years ago (in the 90s it was even a staple of movies)

A 14 year old student being raped by a 33 teacher is not a movie trope, nor is it an act that everyone condoned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E35Pg4HSqzM

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:and could more reasonably be blamed less on individual perpetrators and more on the hypocrisy of everyone denying males are the less-picky sex while invoking insults derived from the very same assumption

Males are the less picky sex? Straight men and straight women have the exact same amount of straight sex; otherwise you have something that's quite impossible. Men brag about sex much more, that's true, but both genders have to have the same amount of sex if we're talking about straight sex.

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:(if you were a woman and wasn't sure a teenage boy would enjoy your sexual advances on him, who would you believe, the consistent ones, or the "boys aren't less picky than girls, you must have difficulties getting laid" crowd?), Cenk's "would that be bestiality? Neigh" joke was just a stupid pun the media tried to pretend was a serious remark, and you still have yet to make the case for why they're liars.

Wow, I've never seen Apologism for TYT until now, there's always something new and exciting to find on NSG! And his bestiality remark was called out by his cohost, and yet you're saying that it was just a stupid pun, even when his cohost disagreed.

Tsaivao
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsaivao » Tue May 18, 2021 5:24 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Austreylia wrote:No, he's saying that people should be mindful of doctors habitually over-diagnosing supposed conditions, and that people should be skeptical of any diagnoses because of that.

This is almost painfully ironic...
~::~ May the five winds guide us to glory ~::~
OPERATION TEN-GO: Tsaivao Authority confirms wormhole drives based on alien designs are functional | Gen. Tsaosin: "Operational integrity is the key to our success against the xenic threat. In a week, we will have already infiltrated into their world." | All leaders of Tsaivao send personal farewells to Ten-Go special forces unit Tsaikantan-8
Nation doesn't reflect my personal beliefs, NS stats aren't really worried about except for Nudity because "haha funny"
The symbol on my flag is supposed to be a typhoon
Pro: LGBT, BLM, Democracy, Democratic Socialism, Rationalism
Neutral: Gun Rights, Abortion, Centrism
Anti: Trumpism, Radicalization, Fundamentalism, Fascism

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Tue May 18, 2021 7:43 pm

Tbf a podcast with the Three Pashas would probably be fascinating.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue May 18, 2021 11:35 pm

I didn't read the past seven pages, sorry, but just thought it would be funny to note that the OP seems to read that anxiety disorders aren't real because Trump won despite the surveys in 2016.

Also, TYT are mostly trash... albeit trash which lies on my side of the political spectrum.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Wed May 19, 2021 2:45 am

Austreylia wrote:

One problem there is that it plays into the hands of boomer myths which are essentially structured around 'this field of medical research wasn't as publicised as when I was young so I'm just going to assume that it's all fake and a product of the evil big companies'.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Wed May 19, 2021 2:55 am, edited 7 times in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Austreylia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Austreylia » Wed May 19, 2021 3:03 am

Tsaivao wrote:This is almost painfully ironic...

How exactly is that?

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Wed May 19, 2021 3:11 am

Austreylia wrote:
Tsaivao wrote:This is almost painfully ironic...

How exactly is that?

Necroghastia wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:In the same way I was diagnosed with depression but informed the doctor from the outset I flat out refused to take any medication for it as I refuse to have a chemical regulate my mental state. I just couldn't imagine not being in control of the goings on inside my own head.

You... do realize that chemicals already regulate your mental state, and if anything taking medication for depression corrects an imbalance that you have no control over and puts you back in control, right?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Wed May 19, 2021 3:21 am

Necroghastia wrote:
Austreylia wrote:How exactly is that?

Necroghastia wrote:You... do realize that chemicals already regulate your mental state, and if anything taking medication for depression corrects an imbalance that you have no control over and puts you back in control, right?

And if you do not like the side effects, a medicine can be stopped or switched.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Austreylia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Austreylia » Wed May 19, 2021 3:22 am

Necroghastia wrote:You... do realize that chemicals already regulate your mental state, and if anything taking medication for depression corrects an imbalance that you have no control over and puts you back in control, right?

I'd rather my own chemicals regulate my mental state than some synthesized by a corporation.

Medication is unhealthy and makes you dependent on it.
Last edited by Austreylia on Wed May 19, 2021 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed May 19, 2021 3:28 am

Austreylia wrote:Medication is unhealthy and makes you dependent on it.

Total nonsense. Medication administered properly has a net benefit.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed May 19, 2021 3:34 am

There's no doubt that medication can have serious side effects, or drawbacks to longterm use.

It can also literally save your life, or improve it enormously.

Austreylia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Austreylia » Wed May 19, 2021 3:38 am

The New California Republic wrote:Total nonsense. Medication administered properly has a net benefit.

No, it doesn't.

It turns people into robots, and squeezes a portion of their pay check out of them every few weeks.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General