NATION

PASSWORD

On Sex-Related Stereotyping in Schools

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:29 pm

New haven america wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:1. Constantly crying and breaking down. Crying once in a while might help, but eventually you have to do something to solve the problem. Will crying about it save someone from a burning building? No, calling 911 will.
2. You can't attack something that doesn't exist. Toxic masculinity is a useless buzzword. No masculinity is toxic.
3. Stating a fact isn't defensive dude. Masculinity isn't toxic, ever.
4. Not being a crybaby. Doing something to solve your problems instead of whining about them.
5. No, I don't. I think men should act like men and not be cry babies all the time.

1. Why do you constantly equate crying with not getting things done? Hm... I wonder...?
2. Masculinity that encourages: Violence, hostility, ignorance, defensiveness, and sexism is toxic. So yes, Masculinity can be Toxic. We even have a word for it.
3. Stating a fact 5 times is. Especially if you still have yet to be able to prove your "Fact."
4. And here we see you bringing up crying and getting things done, again.
5. Because you believe women are crybabies, as a result, you think women are weaker and less capable. As can be seen by points 1 and 4.

You keep bringing this up "A man needs to get things done." Did you know that's actually 2 males gender roles wrapped into 1: The provider and protector. You're both shaming men for not wanting to live by archaic gender roles, and shaming women for not behaving like men, by calling them crybabies.

Congrats, you're perpetuating sexism against both sexes/genders and toxic masculinity. Way to go.

You hold sexist beliefs, mostly towards women, and you've been sharing them for your entire time here.

1. Because wasting time crying prevents things from getting done. Take the time you would have spent crying and spend it solving the problem.
2. No, it can't. Toxic is just a buzzword and masculinity can't force you to do any of those things. It's not a concept's fault if you use it as an excuse to do shitty things.
3. You keep repeating the same htings so I have to repeat it.
4. Because crying wastes time that can be spent fixing things.
5. No, I believe all crybabies are weak regardless of gender.
I'm shaming pathetic whiners who would rather piss and moan than get things done. If I'm trying to get a job done I don't have time to hear a whiner cry about how hard it is. Do your job or leave and go cry somewhere else. There's no place for tears when things need doing. Last year a navy seal was awarded the MOH for risking his life to ensure all of the hostages had been pulled out of a collapsing building. What would sitting around and crying have done for him? Besides getting people killed.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:29 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:Schools working on doing that along with dismantling gender stereotypes in general would certainly be good, although exactly how to do it is a bit abstract. Goes hand in hand with some corrective legislation and such as well.

I don't know if OFSTED (the UK inspectorate of schools, for non-UK people) look at this, but I'd have thought it should be plausible to look for harmful sex stereotyping in their inspections. Part of their duty is to look at how a school contributes to a child's broader development, including what is taught and how it is taught. As sex stereotyping in childhood has such a long-term negative impact on children, it could possibly come under safeguarding and welfare, "[enabling] all children to have the best possible outcomes" (which cites sexism as a safeguarding concern).

I just doubt the government has the will to do it.

Certainly does fit nicely into this from the PDF as you said:

Definition of safeguarding

8. In relation to children and young people, safeguarding and promoting their
welfare is defined in ‘Working together to safeguard children’ as:
◼ protecting children from maltreatment
◼ preventing impairment of children’s health or development
◼ ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the
provision of safe and effective care
◼ taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.

Although I agree on their willpower (probably colored by my perception of the US government actually, not fully sure about the UK).
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Neu California
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Neu California » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:30 pm

Galloism wrote:
Neu California wrote:
Okay, then. Prove them wrong. Demonstrate how these studies are getting it all wrong. Refusal to engage just means my point stands.

By engaging in vile sexism hated by the vast majority of men, they prove they know absolutely nothing about men or the male experience. Again, it’s like saying that people starting with “Toxic Blackness: what causes black people to get shot by police” should be taken seriously and authoritatively. They know nothing about black men, the black person experience, or the subjects of their study.

So, semantics is all you got then? Because you are reading quitte a lot into their studies that simply isn't there.

Their absolute blindness in this regard betrays their sheer ignorance of the subject matter.

Ever consider that the blindness might not be on their end?

If they knew about the subject of their study, they wouldn’t use terms they know the subjects find hateful, sexist, offensive, and harmful to children.

Okay, a couple of things. One your study was cited all of twice,. so I wouldn't assume it's at all widely read. It's entirely possible that they didn't know about it. You're assuming they know every study in the field. I say bullshit.

As to your last line, what the fuck are you on about? Because I never said or implied anything of the sort. I'll just take this as further evidence that you refuse to discuss in good faith.

Again, we’ve proven the vast majority view what you are spewing as insulting, demeaning, and harmful to children. It’s also quite obviously gendered.

An eight year old study with a small sample size and, as far as I can tell, has not been replicated is merely one data point, not the definitive proof you treat it as.

Yet you keep hurling terms that you are now fully aware are widely regarded as sexist and insulting, despite knowing they are widely regarded as sexist and insulting, and despite an expert in male psychology telling you it’s actively harmful to men. Why would you do this?

Because, 1. I don't believe it, so I ask for more sources than just that one study that you cite. 2. I go with the academia, which uses the term extensively. Don't like it? That's your problem, not mine.

Btw, you didn’t respond to my source on messages of shame for men regarding weakness being primarily inflicted by women.

How about this, you respond to my sources, I'll discuss your Atlantic source. Quid Pro Quo.

Neu California wrote:
Edit: I should note that I use the term you're so vehemently objecting to because, well, lo and behold, it's used in academic literature about the topic, which I find a lot more respectable than people who insist that it's just a slur. Give me one good reason not to use the term accepted by psychologists and sociologists to discuss the concept. And, no, "it's a slur" doesn't count.

It’s not accepted by psychologists. In fact, the American Psychological Association scrupulously avoided using the term even one time in their recommendations regarding male psychology, likely due to the fact that the victims of the slur hate it. And I’ve already quoted a psychologist telling you it’s hateful.

All that tells me is that they didn't include it. It doesn't explain why or whether they object to the term (ctrl+f found no reference to it at all), so you're reading more into it than is there AGAIN. Also, show me more than one small study (regular statistical sample size is 1000, not 250) that attests to your claim.
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little"-FDR
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist"-Dom Helder Camara
"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression"-Unknown
He/him
Aspie and proud
I'm a weak agnostic without atheistic or theistic leanings.
Endless sucker for romantic lesbian stuff

"During my research I interviewed a guy who said he was a libertarian until he did MDMA and realized that other people have feelings, and that was pretty much the best summary of libertarianism I've ever heard"

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:33 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:...

As interesting as all this is (and I'm not being remotely sarcastic, the debate truly is), it might be better in its own thread, as it doesn't seem to have much to do with sex-stereotyping in schools.

Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Neu California
Senator

Postby Neu California » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:35 pm

The Republic of Fore wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Why do you constantly equate crying with not getting things done? Hm... I wonder...?
2. Masculinity that encourages: Violence, hostility, ignorance, defensiveness, and sexism is toxic. So yes, Masculinity can be Toxic. We even have a word for it.
3. Stating a fact 5 times is. Especially if you still have yet to be able to prove your "Fact."
5. Because you believe women are crybabies, as a result, you think women are weaker and less capable. As can be seen by points 1 and 4.

You keep bringing this up "A man needs to get things done." Did you know that's actually 2 males gender roles wrapped into 1: The provider and protector. You're both shaming men for not wanting to live by archaic gender roles, and shaming women for not behaving like men, by calling them crybabies.

Congrats, you're perpetuating sexism against both sexes/genders and toxic masculinity. Way to go.

You hold sexist beliefs, mostly towards women, and you've been sharing them for your entire time here.

1. Because wasting time crying prevents things from getting done. Take the time you would have spent crying and spend it solving the problem.
2. No, it can't. Toxic is just a buzzword and masculinity can't force you to do any of those things. It's not a concept's fault if you use it as an excuse to do shitty things.
I'm shaming pathetic whiners who would rather piss and moan than get things done. If I'm trying to get a job done I don't have time to hear a whiner cry about how hard it is. Do your job or leave and go cry somewhere else. There's no place for tears when things need doing. Last year a navy seal was awarded the MOH for risking his life to ensure all of the hostages had been pulled out of a collapsing building. What would sitting around and crying have done for him? Besides getting people killed.

I just want to respond to 1, 4, and 5

1. and 4. Why does it have to be either/or? Can't you cry yourself out then take care of what needs to be taken care of, or vice versa? And what about cases where you literally can't do anything about it anymore? Was I wrong to cry about my dad being murdered? Note that this happened in another state and the police took care of it. Should I not have shed a few tears after my care, which my grandfather bought for me new, burned to the ground on the freeway, well beyond saving? Because both of those were damn traumatic events for me, and I think I deserved a good cry afterwards.

5. If crying was a weakness, why is it still present in human beings hundreds of thousands of years after we left the trees? Crying is a very useful emotional outlet, and bottling up your emotions is BAD.
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little"-FDR
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist"-Dom Helder Camara
He/him
Aspie and proud

"During my research I interviewed a guy who said he was a libertarian until he did MDMA and realized that other people have feelings, and that was pretty much the best summary of libertarianism I've ever heard"

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:37 pm

New haven america wrote:1. Why do you constantly equate crying with not getting things done? Hm... I wonder...?

You spent 191 words writing out an answer that attempts to be complex when all that you wrote amounts to is "Women are weaklings."

Again, congrats. Can you take your sexism somewhere else now?
Last edited by New haven america on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:45 pm

Neu California wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:1. Because wasting time crying prevents things from getting done. Take the time you would have spent crying and spend it solving the problem.

I just want to respond to 1, 4, and 5

1. and 4. Why does it have to be either/or? Can't you cry yourself out then take care of what needs to be taken care of, or vice versa? And what about cases where you literally can't do anything about it anymore? Was I wrong to cry about my dad being murdered? Note that this happened in another state and the police took care of it. Should I not have shed a few tears after my care, which my grandfather bought for me new, burned to the ground on the freeway, well beyond saving? Because both of those were damn traumatic events for me, and I think I deserved a good cry afterwards.

5. If crying was a weakness, why is it still present in human beings hundreds of thousands of years after we left the trees? Crying is a very useful emotional outlet, and bottling up your emotions is BAD.

1. The time you wasted crying could've been spent fixing the problem. Thus getting it over with faster. I haven't said you can't cry, I just said I don't respect people who need to cry over everything.
5. Earlobes are still present after hundreds of thousands of years. Earlobes aren't useful either. Balling all the time is bad too, and achieves nothing. "Wah wah life is hard" there I cried. What did that help? Is life magically better now?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:46 pm

Neu California wrote:
Galloism wrote:
By engaging in vile sexism hated by the vast majority of men, they prove they know absolutely nothing about men or the male experience. Again, it’s like saying that people starting with “Toxic Blackness: what causes black people to get shot by police” should be taken seriously and authoritatively. They know nothing about black men, the black person experience, or the subjects of their study.

So, semantics is all you got then? Because you are reading quitte a lot into their studies that simply isn't there.

Their absolute blindness in this regard betrays their sheer ignorance of the subject matter.

Ever consider that the blindness might not be on their end?

Yes actually. I used to read those things uncritically. When I used to be blind to caring about men at all as a group. It was only later I discovered the verbal slight of hand between internalized misogyny (blaming the outside actor who inflicted this mode of thinking) and toxic masculinity (which means the same thing, but is used to blame the victim of the mode of thinking being inflicted).

As I’ve now pointed out - multiple different sources have shown how it’s hateful, taken badly, and goes over like a lead balloon to the people you’re trying to “help”.

If they knew about the subject of their study, they wouldn’t use terms they know the subjects find hateful, sexist, offensive, and harmful to children.

Okay, a couple of things. One your study was cited all of twice,. so I wouldn't assume it's at all widely read. It's entirely possible that they didn't know about it. You're assuming they know every study in the field. I say bullshit.

If they knew regular normal men they would. Most men won’t tell you how it makes them feel until you ask. Whereupon they shuffle uncomfortably and tell you they hate it.

Again, we’ve proven the vast majority view what you are spewing as insulting, demeaning, and harmful to children. It’s also quite obviously gendered.

An eight year old study with a small sample size and, as far as I can tell, has not been replicated is merely one data point, not the definitive proof you treat it as.

And notably, it shows overwhelming hatred for the term, which reflects what you find if you ask men generally.

Yet you keep hurling terms that you are now fully aware are widely regarded as sexist and insulting, despite knowing they are widely regarded as sexist and insulting, and despite an expert in male psychology telling you it’s actively harmful to men. Why would you do this?

Because, 1. I don't believe it, so I ask for more sources than just that one study that you cite. 2. I go with the academia, which uses the term extensively. Don't like it? That's your problem, not mine.

Academia, which discriminates against boys from kindergarten all the way through college (some of which this thread is about) might have a sexism problem?

The devil you say.

Btw, you didn’t respond to my source on messages of shame for men regarding weakness being primarily inflicted by women.

How about this, you respond to my sources, I'll discuss your Atlantic source. Quid Pro Quo.

Neu California wrote:All that tells me is that they didn't include it. It doesn't explain why or whether they object to the term (ctrl+f found no reference to it at all), so you're reading more into it than is there AGAIN. Also, show me more than one small study (regular statistical sample size is 1000, not 250) that attests to your claim.

Yeah, they talked all the way around it. The only study we have say men hate it. The APA scrupulously avoids using it. Psychologists say we should avoid it, both in the quote I provided and the nbc article I linked you to, so as not to harm men.

Stop yelling gendered insulting terms psychologists say are harmful to men.
Last edited by Galloism on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:47 pm

New haven america wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:1. Because wasting time crying prevents things from getting done. Take the time you would have spent crying and spend it solving the problem.

You spent 191 words writing out an answer that attempts to be complex when all that you wrote amounts to is "Women are weaklings."

Stop projecting, I never said women are weak. And if the content of my posts bothers you so then nobody asked you to read them. I said crybabies are weak. Not women.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:48 pm

Neu California wrote:I just want to respond to 1, 4, and 5

1. The time you wasted crying could've been spent fixing the problem. Thus getting it over with faster. I haven't said you can't cry, I just said I don't respect people who need to cry over everything.
5. Earlobes are still present after hundreds of thousands of years. Earlobes aren't useful either. Balling all the time is bad too, and achieves nothing. "Wah wah life is hard" there I cried. What did that help? Is life magically better now?

Daily reminder that earlobes are an erogenous zone for many people.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:50 pm

New haven america wrote:You spent 191 words writing out an answer that attempts to be complex when all that you wrote amounts to is "Women are weaklings."

1. Stop projecting, 2. I never said women are weak. And if the content of my posts bothers you so then nobody asked you to read them. I said crybabies are weak. Not women.

1. I don't think you know what that word means.
2. You did. 10+ posts in fact.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:51 pm

They are, actually.

They help direct/take in soundwaves, protect the ear canal, draw in blood to warm the canal zone to prevent dizziness, and are an erogenous zone.
Last edited by New haven america on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:53 pm

New haven america wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:1. Stop projecting, 2. I never said women are weak. And if the content of my posts bothers you so then nobody asked you to read them. I said crybabies are weak. Not women.

1. I don't think you know what that word means.

I said crybabies. Never once mentioned women being weak.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:54 pm

New haven america wrote:1. I don't think you know what that word means.

I said crybabies. Never once mentioned women being weak.

You did, again, 10+ times.

Every time femininity was brought up, your first and only response was to jump to men being crybabies. You also claim that only women should be feminine.

So you believe that women are or should be only crybabies.
Last edited by New haven america on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:55 pm

New haven america wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:1. The time you wasted crying could've been spent fixing the problem. Thus getting it over with faster. I haven't said you can't cry, I just said I don't respect people who need to cry over everything.

They are, actually.

They help direct/take in soundwaves, protect the ear canal, draw in blood to warm the canal zone to prevent dizziness, and are an erogenous zone.

Learn something new every day. But humans do have more than a few useless parts.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:55 pm

New haven america wrote:They are, actually.

Learn something new every day. But humans do have more than a few useless parts.

This is questionable. We keep finding uses for the parts we thought were useless.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:57 pm

New haven america wrote:They are, actually.

We actually don't.

And I know your gonna bring up the appendix, so guess what? It's actually a safe zone/home for several digestive and immune system bacteria and cells. Humans without an appendix have a much slower bacterial/cellular recovery rate after things like food poisoning compared to people who still have theirs.
Last edited by New haven america on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:58 pm

New haven america wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:I said crybabies. Never once mentioned women being weak.

You did, again, 10+ times.

Every time femininity was brought up, your first and only response was to jump to men being crybabies. You also claim that only women should be feminine.

So you believe that women are or should be crybabies.

I don't blame concepts unlike you seem to. Over femininized men do cry more. That doesn't mean femininity itself is bad, just people who cry too much. Are a large number of those women? Yes. SO I think those women are weak. Not all of them.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:58 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:I don't know if OFSTED (the UK inspectorate of schools, for non-UK people) look at this, but I'd have thought it should be plausible to look for harmful sex stereotyping in their inspections. Part of their duty is to look at how a school contributes to a child's broader development, including what is taught and how it is taught. As sex stereotyping in childhood has such a long-term negative impact on children, it could possibly come under safeguarding and welfare, "[enabling] all children to have the best possible outcomes" (which cites sexism as a safeguarding concern).

I just doubt the government has the will to do it.

Certainly does fit nicely into this from the PDF as you said:

Although I agree on their willpower (probably colored by my perception of the US government actually, not fully sure about the UK).

No, I'm British and I doubt the UK government have the will to make a such a positive change either.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:00 pm

New haven america wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:Learn something new every day. But humans do have more than a few useless parts.

We actually don't.

And I know your gonna bring up the appendix, so guess what? It's actually a safe zone/home for several digestive and immune system bacteria and cells. Humans without an appendix have a much slower bacterial/cellular recovery rate after things like food poisoning compared to people who still have theirs.

Plica semilunaris, arrector pili, wisdom teeth, and in adults the adenoids. Ooh and almost forgot male nipples.
Last edited by The Republic of Fore on Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:00 pm

New haven america wrote:You did, again, 10+ times.

So you believe that women are or should be crybabies.

1. I don't blame concepts unlike you seem to. 2. Over femininized men do cry more. 3. That doesn't mean femininity itself is bad, just people who cry too much. 4. Are a large number of those women? Yes. SO I think those women are weak. Not all of them.

1. And now we're getting into the bargaining phase of grief
2. And here you are proving what I just said.
3. "Femininity isn't bad, it's just that people who behave femininely are worthless crybabies."
4. And now your just being blatant in your sexism.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:01 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:Certainly does fit nicely into this from the PDF as you said:

No, I'm British and I doubt the UK government have the will to make a such a positive change either.
That is unfortunate.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:03 pm

New haven america wrote:We actually don't.

Plica semilunaris, arrector pili, wisdom teeth, and in adults the adenoids. Ooh and almost forgot male nipples.

None of which seems remotely related to sex-stereotyping in schools... Just sayin'
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Neu California
Senator

Postby Neu California » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:04 pm

5 has been dealt with by others, but I do have to ask you, how do I fix my dad being murdered? Also, I trust my therapist (social anxiety, if you must know) on the the idea of getting over it more than I do you. What she told me is that you never truly get over trauma and grief. You just learn to live with it. Psychologists agree (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... over-grief)
He/him
Aspie and proud

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:04 pm

New haven america wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:1. I don't blame concepts unlike you seem to. 2. Over femininized men do cry more. 3. That doesn't mean femininity itself is bad, just people who cry too much. 4. Are a large number of those women? Yes. SO I think those women are weak. Not all of them.

1. And now we're getting into the bargaining phase of grief
2. And here you are proving what I just said.
3. "Femininity isn't bad, it's just that people who behave femininely are worthless crybabies."
4. And now your just being blatant in your sexism.

1. Masculinity doesn't cause anything anymore than femininity does.
2. I'm stating a fact.
3. People who cry too much or bed, whether or not they're feminine.
4. Like I said, nobody forced or asked you to read what I post.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General