NATION

PASSWORD

Would you like to order in for every meal?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:11 am

My wife is a very talented chef and I wouldn't give that up, especially because there are some awesome things she can make that just can't be ordered where I live, like mac n' cheese, carne mechada, biscuits and gravy.

If I were single though yeah I'd pretty much be living off pizza, I know that.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:46 pm

Page wrote:My wife is a very talented chef and I wouldn't give that up, especially because there are some awesome things she can make that just can't be ordered where I live, like mac n' cheese, carne mechada, biscuits and gravy.

If I were single though yeah I'd pretty much be living off pizza, I know that.

I'd recommend cooking together. You'll learn how to make the awesome things she can make and engage in an enjoyable social activity with your partner.

Especially today, for me, cooking together with my girlfriend is a treasured social activity.

Postauthoritarian America
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Postauthoritarian America » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 pm

I would like to have a staff of chefs at my beck and call with everything needed to prepare any food I desire at any moment. But then I'd be some kind of rich asshole. Good thing I don't mind cooking myself.
"The violence of American law enforcement degrades the lives of countless people, especially poor Black people, through its peculiar appetite for their death." | "There are but two parties now: traitors and patriots. And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter and, I trust, the stronger party." -- Ulysses S. Grant, 1861 | "You don't get mulligans in insurrection." | "Today's Republican Party is America's and the world's largest white supremacist organization." | "I didn't vote to overturn an election, and I will not be lectured by people who did about partisanship." -- Rep. Gerry Connolly |"Republicans...have transformed...to a fascist party engaged in a takeover of the United States of America."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:12 pm

Yes. I hate eating out at restaurants and enjoy the privacy and comfort of my own home. Shit why even order? I can cook. Once me and my friend Demecos cooked pasta and made Kool Aid and we just chilled and watched the Flash.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Narland
Minister

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Narland » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:25 pm

Luziyca wrote:As someone whose family frequently orders in food, I have been thinking about this scenario for a long time, because my cooking skills are at best, microwave or oven-tier, my mother's cooking skills leave a lot to be desired (though slightly better than mine), and my dad is not always in the mood to do the cooking. Should I improve them? Definitely. But that's irrelevant for the scenario.

Without any further discussion, NSG, my question to you is would you like to order in for every meal?

Basically, every time you want something to eat, you order in some food, full stop, and for the sake of this scenario, let's assume you have an account with infinite money that can only be spent on food, and said food can be delivered to you (from the nearest major city). As for the food in your fridge/freezer/where-ever that exists right now, well, I suppose whenever you try and cook you is moldy, tastes shit, and well, unappetizing.

Personally, I'd probably do so under such a scenario: given that if I have enough money to order in whatever I want, I would likely do so, because the food is delicious, and is often better than what I can make. If I want a light snack, I could just order that, and it'd get here whenever. Plus, if I'm tired of a certain location, I can always order in from somewhere else. Plus, I'd be able to support the local economy without leaving my house.

Absolutely not.

We do cafe to fine dining about once every 30 days at familiar places where we can get to know the owners. We find out from whom and what quality food they are serving before become patrons. As long as the restaurant serves decent grade food and has good culinary practices we give them consideration. When we shop at grocers we do the same. I wouldn't feed most of what passes for fast food to my worst enemy, let alone eat it myself or feed it to my family.

Living in a rural red county in a mostly rural red state hasn't effected our dining habits, like it seems to for most people in Democrat occupied parts of the US. We prepare and cook our own food most days, planning ahead accordingly. We try to eat our own grown food, or that grown by our neighbors and local farms and ranches. Every fall we butcher as much of our own meats and can/jar/smoke/dry as much of our own food as we can to last through to spring.

Its more work but gives much more satisfaction than finding takeout that will deliver 50 miles to a rural farm house. We don't eat out of the fridge. Every meal is around a dinner table with well rounded servings. We know where the food comes from, the quality of the food, and who and what made it. If I lived in a city or 'burb I probably wouldn't change my habits in this regard.
Last edited by Narland on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:37 pm

Fuck no. I got go places
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:04 pm

if it meant I would no longer have to pay for food then yes, absolutely.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:12 pm

Sure. I don’t like cooking anyways.

An infinite money account for the order-ins... why not? Cuts down on costs.

Can I still go up restaurants though to mix it up?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:33 am

If this became the norm I would want to be able to view online my meal being prepared and track it's every movement.
Everything is intertwinkled

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:48 am

Most restaurant food is pretty good, it just depends on what place you go to. Usually however, it costs too much and is too many calories to keep such a lifestyle going for too long, compared to getting groceries and cooking your own meals or following recipes you find. Going out to eat is meant to be a once a year treat or for some special occasion. Maybe perhaps even less frequently.

Some services like GrubHub are an absolute joke. You pay just as much money as the cost of the actual food to have it delivered to you instead of picking it up yourself and I just don't see how the business model is practical enough to be any good. Its apparently a meme that on occasion, people that use a service like GrubHub wind up never getting their food.
Last edited by Saiwania on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General