NATION

PASSWORD

U.S. troops to be withdrawn from Afghanistan by summer

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Roblox Crossroads
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Roblox Crossroads » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:19 pm

Good. Dont need interferance, focus on your own nation
"Oh.. Oh.. Hikari-Chan! so kawaii..." - Security Guard Dude from Metal Gear Revengeance: Rising

The Yellow Emperor
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Yellow Emperor » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:32 pm

About the time I suppose.

Divided Wastelands of America
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 13, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Divided Wastelands of America » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:41 pm

I highly doubt that is going to happen, something is going to happen and it will delay the withdraw or they will get deployed to Syria. instead.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=divided_wastelands_of_america/detail=factbook/id=main

I do not use NS stats, I am Neither a Democrat or a Republican, just a Borderline Nihilist with a sense of impending doom.
if you have questions about my Lore feel free to TG me,
This nation is set 100 years in the future after a Nuclear Apocalypse and what I describe in the lore is what I think could Feasibly Happen in the aftermath of such a catastrophe, with some Dark Humor Tossed in.
I am a Supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I do Not like the Political Establishment, nor am I a Fan of Mega Corporations. I also think lowering Recruiting standards and Physical Requirements for Combat Assignment's in the Military is a Bad Idea, the Military should be made of the Best Killers, not a Job program,

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:13 am

Divided Wastelands of America wrote:I highly doubt that is going to happen, something is going to happen and it will delay the withdraw or they will get deployed to Syria. instead.

If the Taliban won't stir the shit pot on their own, a secret envoy from Raytheon or Lockheed can simply hand a Taliban guy a wad of 10k dollars as payment to go shoot up American or Afghan government troops. The money is jack shit to them but more than the Taliban guy has ever seen in his life, and the company gets their billion dollar contracts extended.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Ah General Kenobi
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah General Kenobi » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:18 am

finally though i suppose it sucks for the afghans who are going to get run over by the taliban in a couple of years
luv me trade federation
luv me droids
luv me blockade of naboo

simple as

turning points neimoidia

Ah General Kenobi
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah General Kenobi » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:21 am

The Restored Danelaw wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:The Afghan government has to have the training wheels off at some point, we can't be there to guarantee our little protectorate forever.

Ok but if we're using this analogy, protectorates in New Imperialism continued for 70-80 years, and usually weren't in active warzones. Obviously Afghanistan should have the training wheels off, but not in a way that will actively roll back whatever little progress Afghans have made in civil rights, which is my problem here.

which would be fine if the us had the balls to actually go imperialism and start mining for lapis lazuli and other resources in afghanistan but it didnt so its a sunken cost.
plus i think its pretty clear americans cant handle war anymore. sucks but true
luv me trade federation
luv me droids
luv me blockade of naboo

simple as

turning points neimoidia

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:38 am

I'm not sure about what to feel. On one hand, this is already waay overdue and thank God is it finally happening. America also don't really have anymore interest in the region (due to abundant domestic oil supply from fracking and blooming green energy being a thing), and we should see a gradual, almost complete American departure from the Middle East region by the next decade. Leaving them on the hands of the very beneficent, human-rights loving, pro-peace foreign policies of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Israel, Russia, and China (as already happens in Syiria, Iraq, and many other places).

Then again, the inherent vulnerabilities that made Afghanistan a collapsed hellhole hasn't really dissappeared. Pakistan's geopolitical interests, which strongly disfavor a strong Afghanistan, is still there, and doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. It's not too implausible that the country will collapse again into another horrific civil war akin to Iraq's ISIS spree in 2014. The only difference being that it will be fought by regional proxies and millitias, just like the Kurds in Syiria or Houthis in Yemen.

It's terrible, but as long as media attention is minimal (like the 1998-2003 Second Congo War which killed around 5.4 million), such situation won't be surprising. It'll be pretty normal, actually. And since America won't be involved, I guess they can just say "who cares lol".
Last edited by Resilient Acceleration on Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Sungoldy-China
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungoldy-China » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:34 pm

Resilient Acceleration wrote:I'm not sure about what to feel. On one hand, this is already waay overdue and thank God is it finally happening. America also don't really have anymore interest in the region (due to abundant domestic oil supply from fracking and blooming green energy being a thing), and we should see a gradual, almost complete American departure from the Middle East region by the next decade. Leaving them on the hands of the very beneficent, human-rights loving, pro-peace foreign policies of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Israel, Russia, and China (as already happens in Syiria, Iraq, and many other places).

Then again, the inherent vulnerabilities that made Afghanistan a collapsed hellhole hasn't really dissappeared. Pakistan's geopolitical interests, which strongly disfavor a strong Afghanistan, is still there, and doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. It's not too implausible that the country will collapse again into another horrific civil war akin to Iraq's ISIS spree in 2014. The only difference being that it will be fought by regional proxies and millitias, just like the Kurds in Syiria or Houthis in Yemen.

It's terrible, but as long as media attention is minimal (like the 1998-2003 Second Congo War which killed around 5.4 million), such situation won't be surprising. It'll be pretty normal, actually. And since America won't be involved, I guess they can just say "who cares lol".

as long as Saudi Arabia and Israel in Middle East, America will still keep control in Middle East.
As for someone dead? Who cares about the death of civilians in a small country ?
Do humans care about how many pigs are sent to the slaughterhouse every day for food?
every religious idea and every idea of God is unutterable vileness ... of the most dangerous kind, 'contagion' of the most abominable kind
"every religious idea and every idea of God is unutterable vileness ... of the most dangerous kind, 'contagion' of the most abominable kind. Millions of sins, filthy deeds, acts of violence and physical contagions ... are far less dangerous than the subtle, spiritual idea of God decked out in the smartest ideological costumes ..."

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:08 am

Resilient Acceleration wrote:I'm not sure about what to feel. On one hand, this is already waay overdue and thank God is it finally happening. America also don't really have anymore interest in the region (due to abundant domestic oil supply from fracking and blooming green energy being a thing), and we should see a gradual, almost complete American departure from the Middle East region by the next decade. Leaving them on the hands of the very beneficent, human-rights loving, pro-peace foreign policies of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Israel, Russia, and China (as already happens in Syiria, Iraq, and many other places).

Afghanistan isn’t anywhere close to where most the ME oil is.

British Starsian Influence
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby British Starsian Influence » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:58 am

I have to say I support US pullout from Afghanistan. With China gaining ever more influence, and Russia looking increasingly likely to make some more hostile moves against Ukraine, we'll need the troops to demand key outposts like Taiwan, Ukraine, and Finland. If there's one thing history has taught us, it's that you can't front a two front war, and with troops in the Middle East fighting the Taliban, the North Sea countering the Russians, and in South Korea to counter North Korean and Chinese aggression, we're essentially fighting a war on three.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General