NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics Thread V: We're Just Biden Our Time ...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Sat May 08, 2021 5:03 pm

North Washington Republic wrote:

Right-wing Twitter may be freaking out about this. The rest of us are glad that America is contributing less to overpopulation.

I find it bizarre that the VAST majority of people flipping out about the U.S low birth rates have no children themselves.

Superficial understandings of the issue are what leads one down this line of reasoning. It's also telling that you haven't really thought a lot about this since you think it's just a problem for right-wing Twitter.
Last edited by Duvniask on Sat May 08, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lady Victory
Minister

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Victory » Sat May 08, 2021 5:09 pm

Right-wing Twitter may be freaking out about this. The rest of us are glad that America is contributing less to overpopulation.

I find it bizarre that the VAST majority of people flipping out about the U.S low birth rates have no children themselves.

The U.S. isn't overpopulated, nor does it contribute to overpopulation.
☆ American Left-wing Nationalist and Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."
"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
"Fascism is not to be debated, it is to be destroyed!"

She/Her - Call me Jenny or LV

North Washington Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat May 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Duvniask wrote:

Superficial understandings of the issue are what leads one down this line of reasoning. It's also telling that you haven't really thought a lot about this since you think it's just a problem for right-wing Twitter.

I refuse to take anyone seriously that screeches about low birth rates and yet have have no children themselves.
I also don’t buy into the “great replacement” theory bullshit.
I’m a Wesleyan Christian center-left American Patriot. 29 year-old male and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Pro: Jesus, The Holy Bible, Constitutional Republic, representative democracy, efficient and comprehensive welfare state, neoconservatism, civic nationalism, cannabis legalization, $15 an hour min.wage, religious liberty, LGBTQIA rights, Law & Order, police, death penalty, sensible reform of law enforcement, racial equity, peace through strength, NATO, EU
Anti: Satan, sin, anarchism, paleoconservatism, communism, libertarianism, fascism, ACAB, racism, populism, Trump(ism), Qanon, Putin, Xi, Taliban.
Economic Left/Right: -0.75. Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67
My 8values results

GET VACCINATED ASAP AND WEAR A MASK!!!

Lady Victory
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Victory » Sat May 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Duvniask wrote:Superficial understandings of the issue are what leads one down this line of reasoning. It's also telling that you haven't really thought a lot about this since you think it's just a problem for right-wing Twitter.

I refuse to take anyone seriously that screeches about low birth rates and yet have have no children themselves.

Bro for real do you know how hard it is to get a date? I'm so socially awkward and afraid of rejection I can barely make small talk with a girl I like, let alone flirt with one.
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."
"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat May 08, 2021 5:18 pm

Lady Victory wrote:

The world is overpopulated and less people having kids is a good thing for the planet’s survival.
I’m a Wesleyan Christian center-left American Patriot. 29 year-old male and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Pro: Jesus, The Holy Bible, Constitutional Republic, representative democracy, efficient and comprehensive welfare state, neoconservatism, civic nationalism, cannabis legalization, $15 an hour min.wage, religious liberty, LGBTQIA rights, Law & Order, police, death penalty, sensible reform of law enforcement, racial equity, peace through strength, NATO, EU
Anti: Satan, sin, anarchism, paleoconservatism, communism, libertarianism, fascism, ACAB, racism, populism, Trump(ism), Qanon, Putin, Xi, Taliban.
My 8values results

Duvniask
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Sat May 08, 2021 5:19 pm

Duvniask wrote:Superficial understandings of the issue are what leads one down this line of reasoning. It's also telling that you haven't really thought a lot about this since you think it's just a problem for right-wing Twitter.

Some of us can't just have children at this point in our lives. Some people are overworked, others are poor and stuck in a job that pays fuck-all. Some people are just stressed out of their minds or can't meet anyone. And some people only get the level of financial stability needed to start a family by the time they're middle aged and more or less infertile. To top it all off we're in the middle of a pandemic; not exactly conducive to starting a family. Why should this preclude anyone from saying that this is a problem?

Your standards are nonsense.

Irrelevant.

Lady Victory
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Victory » Sat May 08, 2021 5:20 pm

Lady Victory wrote:

The world is overpopulated and less people having kids is a good thing for the planet’s survival.

No, the developing and undeveloped world are overpopulated. The rest of the world is either rather stable or could use more people tbh.
Last edited by Lady Victory on Sat May 08, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat May 08, 2021 5:21 pm

Lady Victory wrote:

Bro for real do you know how hard it is to get a date? I'm so socially awkward and afraid of rejection I can barely make small talk with a girl I like, let alone flirt with one.

I haven’t had a date either and I’m socially awkward as well. I’m nearly 30 years old and I haven’t even had my first kiss.
That being said, someone screeching about low birthrates but doesn’t have children themselves is just pathetic.
My 8values results

Lady Victory
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Victory » Sat May 08, 2021 5:22 pm

Lady Victory wrote:

I haven’t had a date either and I’m socially awkward as well. I’m nearly 30 years old and I haven’t even had my first kiss.
That being said, someone screeching about low birthrates but doesn’t have children themselves is just pathetic.

bruh

The cognitive dissonance here is astounding.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat May 08, 2021 5:25 pm

Duvniask wrote:

Some of us can't just have children at this point in our lives. Some people are overworked, others are poor and stuck in a job that pays fuck-all. Some people are just stressed out of their minds or can't meet anyone. And some people only get the level of financial stability needed to start a family by the time they're middle aged and more or less infertile. To top it all off we're in the middle of a pandemic; not exactly conducive to starting a family. Why should this preclude anyone from saying that this is a problem?

Irrelevant.

I know, telling people practice what the preach is “nonsense”. :lol:

No, it’s pointing out the hypocrisy of someone. I refuse to have children, and I refuse to take a childless person screeching about low birthrates seriously.
My 8values results

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat May 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Lady Victory wrote:

bruh

The cognitive dissonance here is astounding.

Well, I’m asexual. So don’t want to have sex with anyone. :lol:
My 8values results

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sat May 08, 2021 5:28 pm

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:Biden sucks. Who agrees?

As compared to the previous guy? nahh. He is working the pandemic really well.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Duvniask
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Sat May 08, 2021 5:31 pm

Duvniask wrote:Some of us can't just have children at this point in our lives. Some people are overworked, others are poor and stuck in a job that pays fuck-all. Some people are just stressed out of their minds or can't meet anyone. And some people only get the level of financial stability needed to start a family by the time they're middle aged and more or less infertile. To top it all off we're in the middle of a pandemic; not exactly conducive to starting a family. Why should this preclude anyone from saying that this is a problem?

Irrelevant.

No, it’s pointing out the hypocrisy of someone. I refuse to have children, and I refuse to take a childless person screeching about low birthrates seriously.

Is it unclear to you that being childless isn't a simple choice one makes in a vacuum?

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sat May 08, 2021 5:32 pm

Duvniask wrote:Some of us can't just have children at this point in our lives. Some people are overworked, others are poor and stuck in a job that pays fuck-all. Some people are just stressed out of their minds or can't meet anyone. And some people only get the level of financial stability needed to start a family by the time they're middle aged and more or less infertile. To top it all off we're in the middle of a pandemic; not exactly conducive to starting a family. Why should this preclude anyone from saying that this is a problem?

Irrelevant.

What is the hypocrisy?
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Duvniask
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Sat May 08, 2021 5:32 pm

Lady Victory wrote:

No, the developing and undeveloped world are overpopulated. The rest of the world is either rather stable or could use more people tbh.

I wouldn't say this is true. The level of resource consumption in the first world is off the charts compared to the developing/underdeveloped world. Western countries exceed the carrying capacity of the Earth the most by far. The problem will only grow worse as the developing world catches up, of course - unless something is done to drastically improve the efficiency of resource usage, cut it back, or find new resources (or a combination of those).

That is not to say the developing world doesn't also face problems; it's more of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation - rich countries can properly nourish their people and afford them a higher standard of living, but so far that comes at significant cost to the planet. Poor countries face the opposite problem. Either one of these could be termed "overpopulation", I suppose.

Kedri
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kedri » Sat May 08, 2021 5:32 pm

I can't remember the last time we've had a president that didn't suck.
Kedri is a nation of 18th century pirates who know water-bending. Throw in some steampunk, as well. Tech level is PT/FanT.
Kedrians abandon piracy and become a modernized country, founded by reformed criminals who forsook piracy and the citizens are descended from pirates, and still retain some of their heritage such as speech, accent, politics.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sat May 08, 2021 5:34 pm

I don't understand why people are frustrated about a low birth rate in general. I was under the impression that slower growth rates in a country plagued by skyrocketing home prices, overcrowded cities, and an overburdened social security system was a good thing? Kinda helps a lot of our problems to keep our numbers down, so to speak.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat May 08, 2021 5:36 pm

Duvniask wrote:

Is it unclear to you that being childless isn't a simple choice one makes in a vacuum?

:rofl: I’m not going to justify being childless to you or anyone else.
My 8values results

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat May 08, 2021 5:36 pm

Major-Tom wrote:I don't understand why people are frustrated about a low birth rate in general. I was under the impression that slower growth rates in a country plagued by skyrocketing home prices, overcrowded cities, and an overburdened social security system was a good thing? Kinda helps a lot of our problems to keep our numbers down, so to speak.

Because childless incels like be edgy and tell other people to have children.
Last edited by North Washington Republic on Sat May 08, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My 8values results

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sat May 08, 2021 5:37 pm

Duvniask wrote:Is it unclear to you that being childless isn't a simple choice one makes in a vacuum?

There's a difference between debating the ethics of being childless and debating societal/economic/political problems which negatively influence the ease of having children.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Washington Republic » Sat May 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:

There's a difference between debating the ethics of being childless and debating societal/economic/political problems which negatively influence the ease of having children.

Yeah, I’m not going to justify being childless, it goes double for childless people telling me that I should have children.

And that’s all I’m going to say about my personal life regarding my choice not have children.
My 8values results

Duvniask
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Sat May 08, 2021 5:40 pm

Duvniask wrote:Is it unclear to you that being childless isn't a simple choice one makes in a vacuum?

What the fuck are you talking about, dude?

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sat May 08, 2021 5:40 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:There's a difference between debating the ethics of being childless and debating societal/economic/political problems which negatively influence the ease of having children.

Yeah, I’m not going to justify being childless, it goes double for childless people telling me that I should have children.

And that’s all I’m going to say about my personal life regarding my choice not have children.

The latter (societal/economic/political problems which negatively influence the ease of having children) is what's being discussed, so there is no need.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Sat May 08, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Lady Victory
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Victory » Sat May 08, 2021 5:41 pm

Kedri wrote:

I can't remember the last time we've had a president that didn't suck.

His name was Theodore Roosevelt.

Bully!

Duvniask
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Sat May 08, 2021 5:42 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:There's a difference between debating the ethics of being childless and debating societal/economic/political problems which negatively influence the ease of having children.

Since when was this about you, specifically?

We're talking about society here. You're being weird, man.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General