NATION

PASSWORD

Why is homosexuality accepted?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu May 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Tokos wrote:If you can't define harm provably and instantly, it's fair play?

If you can't define harm in a concrete manner, it's worthless. Otherwise, you open up the opportunity for me to construct unacceptable reductio ad absurdum arguments.

That's not a good basis to make decisions on - erring on the side of caution in regard to existing traditions is best.

What makes existing traditions remotely close to the truth? I can understand, to an extent, erring on the side of caution, but why is tradition the cautious side? After all, burning fossil fuels without restraint is more traditional than conservation, yet the latter is far more cautious. Tradition is worthless. As others have said, it's code for "Yeah it's broke, but I'm too stubborn to change it so let's keep it that way forever."

That blasé attitude applied to other things gave us Thalidomide babies, etc.

No, it didn't. Experimenting with new medication gave us Thalidomide. It also gave us 80+ year lifespans and allowed us to all but eradicate fatal infectious diseases in the first world. The only reasons that there are still some bad infections are because people are too retarded to use their fucking prescriptions properly.

Face it, your precautionary principle, if invoked, would have us stagnate completely because of the fraction of a percent chance that new scientific discoveries may happen to possibly be potentially harmful.

Plus, you can't base politics entirely off reasons as humans are not rational, logical actors.

Nonsense. Because humans don't always act according to reason, laws can't be based on reason? How does that make any sense, at all?
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Thu May 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Why is homosexuality accepted?

Simple, because the "Free Love" movement of the 60's and 70's embraced such stuff that was considered taboo decades before, such as Homosexuality.
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Fri May 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Bumped for response desired
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Fri May 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Because of the required standards, consent is at the top.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

Offenheim
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Offenheim » Fri May 14, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm pretty sure heterosexuality should be banned as well. In fact, people shouldn't be allowed to have sex at all, it's dirty and leads to less productivity, plus it spreads disease. I mean, people getting off at the sexualization of the opposite gender? Messed up. People shouldn't even be allowed to masturbate. Yep, this is an ad absurdum argument.
"No one has yet learned to drive a locomotive sitting in his study."
-Leon Trotsky

A Royal Fellowship of Death (WW1 RP)
-Central Urpaian Front

Previous

Return to General