NATION

PASSWORD

Trans Discussion Thread: Catgirls Don't Need Litterboxes

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neuer California
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Neuer California » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:46 am

I went ahead and submitted a complaint about that article, through the bbc's contact us form. Let's see if anything comes of it.

Edit: because, yeah, that is just a hit piece
Last edited by Neuer California on Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Neu California. I wanted a fresh start on my nation.
And yes, that is two girls kissing in my flag. I am strongly pro-LGBT and a big fan of yuri stuff, so...
Pro: gun control, LGBT rights, taxing the rich heavily, welfare, UBI, universal healthcare, corporate regulations
Anti: bullying, gun bans, unlimited gun rights, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, Trump, excessive corporate power
34 year old agnostic writer of smut free lesbian speculative fiction. Aspergers, social anxiety, and yet not a giant raging dick
Ifreann wrote:
Suriyanakhon wrote:
Does this mean wlw is most holy in God's eyes?

It turns out that lesbians are God's chosen people.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:48 am

Neuer California wrote:

I went ahead and submitted a complaint about that article, through the bbc's contact us form. Let's see if anything comes of it.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. This is the same BBC that decided that employees attending Pride marches that welcome trans people is "unnacceptably political" even if they did so in an unofficial capacity. And the same BBC that uncritically aired Nolan's bullshit about Stonewall.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:50 am

The Kingdom Of The Three Isles wrote:

I don't think it's the BCC that's saying so, but some transphobic fool. But I'm confused, is the apparent transphobe a lesbian? I'm legitimately confused

Yeah, but they're posting it and The UK is very much still on board with transphobia.

So it might as well just be the BBC saying it.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:55 am

Vassenor wrote:
Neuer California wrote:I went ahead and submitted a complaint about that article, through the bbc's contact us form. Let's see if anything comes of it.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. This is the same BBC that decided that employees attending Pride marches that welcome trans people is "unnacceptably political" even if they did so in an unofficial capacity. And the same BBC that uncritically aired Nolan's bullshit about Stonewall.

We don't need GBNews anymore; the BBC is now based and right-wing. :roll:
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:56 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Apparently fearmongering is based now. Huh.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:58 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Transphobia's still considered a bipartisan belief in the UK.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:07 am

New haven america wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:We don't need GBNews anymore; the BBC is now based and right-wing. :roll:

Transphobia's still considered a bipartisan belief in the UK.

Oh absolutely. There are elements across the entire UK spectrum that are transphobic.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:18 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Internet fans definitely care more about the Doctor Who canon than anyone who works on it

And therein lies the core problem. They're more focused on LGBT/idpol agenda rather than writing a good story. It's not that they're *bad* at writing (though also that too), but rather that they're just not hired to write Dr Who, which is kinda weird considering that the show is Dr Who. A lot of the writers in Whittaker's tenure have a background in soaps or political theatre rather than actually writing science fiction.

You know the show was originally supposed to be an educational show about history...I'm not even going to say 'right' because I know you know that. The show has always been about social issues. For fuck's sake, #9 tells a bunch of Londoners in World War II not to forget the health care system or welfare state...I can't remember which. The only way for Doctor Who, new and classic, to be any more moralistic he'd have to do one of those He-Man 'lessons we learned' address at the end of the episode. If it hasn't bothered you until now you have to wonder why that is. Charitably, Doctor Who isn't new to you anymore and now you're starting to notice stuff. Who knows. (HA!) But the long and the short of it, that assessment just doesn't really pan out. You are more concerned with the LGBT/idpol, but that doesn't really translate to them being more concerned about it.
SD_Film Artists wrote:
Also, stop being so precious about Superman's kid. This isn't some golden age character that has 80 years of canon behind him. He was introduced in 2016. I'm guessing you've never encountered someone who has come out and how that's a personal decision that takes time including time with themselves as they doubt who they are, which makes this again five year old character not some giant shock to the continuity but kinda in line with the LGBTQi experience.

Manufactured outrage. No one gives a shit but you. Here's a tip-you want it to not be a big deal? Shut the fuck up about it. I wouldn't have even known Superman had a kid in the comics if people hadn't lost their fucking shit when he turned out to be bi or whatever he is I don't really care because he's literally just a drawing.

Ironic that you talk of manufactured outrage, as literally the first thing I said on this topic was that I really don't mind if superman's son is bi. That wasn't just an "I'm not a racist but" platitude, I stand by it.

I'll venmo you a cookie.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:44 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

And therein lies the core problem. They're more focused on LGBT/idpol agenda rather than writing a good story. It's not that they're *bad* at writing (though also that too), but rather that they're just not hired to write Dr Who, which is kinda weird considering that the show is Dr Who. A lot of the writers in Whittaker's tenure have a background in soaps or political theatre rather than actually writing science fiction.

You know the show was originally supposed to be an educational show about history...I'm not even going to say 'right' because I know you know that. The show has always been about social issues. For fuck's sake, #9 tells a bunch of Londoners in World War II not to forget the health care system or welfare state...I can't remember which. The only way for Doctor Who, new and classic, to be any more moralistic he'd have to do one of those He-Man 'lessons we learned' address at the end of the episode. If it hasn't bothered you until now you have to wonder why that is. Charitably, Doctor Who isn't new to you anymore and now you're starting to notice stuff. Who knows. (HA!) But the long and the short of it, that assessment just doesn't really pan out. You are more concerned with the LGBT/idpol, but that doesn't really translate to them being more concerned about it.

Except that before if there was any politics in the show (and yes there was on occasion) it would be a subtle thing which didn't harm the plot or the overwall feel of the show, whereas now it's more on the nose. I'm surprised that Bradley Walsh's character servived as long as he did considering that he's a cishet white man.

It's not just me; the shows ratings having been plummiting to such a disasterous degree that they're begging for Russell T Davies to return to keep the ship afloat. Also it was hilarious to see Tennant giving a not-so-subtle quip towards Whittaker about how they loved the Christmas specials- remember when the Dr Who Christmas specials were actually at Christmas rather than New Year?

Cannot think of a name wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:
Ironic that you talk of manufactured outrage, as literally the first thing I said on this topic was that I really don't mind if superman's son is bi. That wasn't just an "I'm not a racist but" platitude, I stand by it.

I'll venmo you a cookie.

Retracting the last two nonsense paragraphs would be cool too, but I'm happy to settle with a cookie thanks.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:51 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:You know the show was originally supposed to be an educational show about history...I'm not even going to say 'right' because I know you know that. The show has always been about social issues. For fuck's sake, #9 tells a bunch of Londoners in World War II not to forget the health care system or welfare state...I can't remember which. The only way for Doctor Who, new and classic, to be any more moralistic he'd have to do one of those He-Man 'lessons we learned' address at the end of the episode. If it hasn't bothered you until now you have to wonder why that is. Charitably, Doctor Who isn't new to you anymore and now you're starting to notice stuff. Who knows. (HA!) But the long and the short of it, that assessment just doesn't really pan out. You are more concerned with the LGBT/idpol, but that doesn't really translate to them being more concerned about it.

Except that before if there was any politics in the show (and yes there was on occasion) it would be a subtle thing which didn't harm the plot or the overwall feel of the show, whereas now it's more on the nose. I'm surprised that Bradley Walsh's character servived as long as he did considering that he's a cishet white man.

It's not just me; the shows ratings having been plummiting to such a disasterous degree that they're begging for Russell T Davies to return to keep the ship afloat. Also it was hilarious to see Tennant giving a not-so-subtle quip towards Whittaker about how they loved the Christmas specials- remember when the Dr Who Christmas specials were actually at Christmas rather than New Year?

Cannot think of a name wrote:I'll venmo you a cookie.

Retracting the last two nonsense paragraphs would be cool too, but I'm happy to settle with a cookie thanks.

Mr “Iraq war is caused by fart aliens” was subtle
The series that portrayed thahter as miss no happiness was subtle?
#NSTransparency

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:54 am

Uiiop wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

Mr “Iraq war is caused by fart aliens” was subtle

Ie not detracting from the show, and not talking about how they're so happy to "use Dr Who as a platform". Similar to what I mentioned before; The older Dr Who writers wrote Dr sci-fi, whereas the new writers were brought in from soaps and political theatre.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:02 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Uiiop wrote:Mr “Iraq war is caused by fart aliens” was subtle

Ie not detracting from the show, and not talking about how they're so happy to "use Dr Who as a platform". Similar to what I mentioned before; The older Dr Who writers wrote Dr sci-fi, whereas the new writers were brought in from soaps and political theatre.

"The series that portrayed Thatcher as miss no happiness" is a dig at the Classic serial The Happiness Patrol. And this is before we get to other serials like Pertwee-era story The Curse of Peladon literally being "should Britain join the EEC" only in space, or "Invasion of the Dinosaurs" unsubtly going on about pollution and the damage it's doing to the planet.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:08 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Uiiop wrote:Mr “Iraq war is caused by fart aliens” was subtle

Ie not detracting from the show, and not talking about how they're so happy to "use Dr Who as a platform".

No it pretty had some stinkers in its messaging.
Are you seriously defending the fart aliens lmao?

Like if you want to prove this is an objective trend using cheesy ass didactic doctor who as an example undermines your point.

Art is subjective and mass art doesn’t give as much of a fuck about criticism of key premises regardless of intentions. Just because people called other mean names over irrational knee jerk reaction that you don’t bother defending doesn’t an agenda is solely to blame for you not liking things.
#NSTransparency

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:13 am

Uiiop wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:
Ie not detracting from the show, and not talking about how they're so happy to "use Dr Who as a platform".

No it pretty had some stinkers in its messaging.
Are you seriously defending the fart aliens lmao?

Like if you want to prove this is an objective trend using cheesy ass didactic doctor who as an example undermines your point.

Art is subjective and mass art doesn’t give as much of a fuck about criticism of key premises regardless of intentions. Just because people called other mean names over irrational knee jerk reaction that you don’t bother defending doesn’t an agenda is solely to blame for you not liking things.

Also that point where 10 literally turned a woman into a blowjob dispensing slab of concrete.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:17 am

The funny thing is that once you get the past the wrong interpretation that “They only made the doctor more special because she’s a girl now” their more explicitly political stuff is actually the best part of the damn thing even if I absolutely disagree with it. It’s the stuff they do in-between and the whole “Punish someone by letting people be racist to them.” is where they fucked up.
Last edited by Uiiop on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
#NSTransparency

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:18 am

Vassenor wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

"The series that portrayed Thatcher as miss no happiness" is a dig at the Classic serial The Happiness Patrol. And this is before we get to other serials like Pertwee-era story The Curse of Peladon literally being "should Britain join the EEC" only in space, or "Invasion of the Dinosaurs" unsubtly going on about pollution and the damage it's doing to the planet.

I'm not pretending that pre-Whitaker Dr Who was a-political (and I'm not going to continue down that path anyway since it's already struggling to keep a wheel on the thread path). The point is, the writers where hired from non-scifi, idpol backgrounds and it shows in the ratings.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:19 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I'm not pretending that pre-Whitaker was a-political. I remember when 8th or 9th Doctor was talking about how "Scotland moved away with their own seperate spaceship". The point is, the writers where hired from non-scifi, idpol backgrounds and it shows in the ratings.

Still pretending idpol is actually a thing I see.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:24 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I'm not pretending that pre-Whitaker Dr Who was a-political (and I'm not going to continue down that path anyway since it's already struggling to keep a wheel on the thread path). The point is, the writers where hired from non-scifi, idpol backgrounds and it shows in the ratings.

You started it. Everyone would just walked on by if you didn’t project your flame war beefs into something you admit wasn’t a part of it.

So I’ll just say: ok fart alien defender.
#NSTransparency

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:24 am

Vassenor wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:
I'm not pretending that pre-Whitaker was a-political. I remember when 8th or 9th Doctor was talking about how "Scotland moved away with their own seperate spaceship". The point is, the writers where hired from non-scifi, idpol backgrounds and it shows in the ratings.

I notice that this is a recurring habit; cancel culture is still alive and well in the Trans/LGBT community but whenever the subject is brought up in a direct way here it's suddenly- "no one has been chancelled" "lol 'woke' is such an old word now, sooooo 2016 lololololol" :roll:
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:26 am

Uiiop wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

You started it. Everyone would just walked on by if you didn’t project your flame war beefs into something you admit wasn’t a part of it.

That was Saiwania. That's now the 3rd time that I've had to correct basic post narratives. Seriously it's like the page selector doesn't exist in this thread.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:26 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

I notice that this is a recurring habit; cancel culture is still alive and well in the Trans/LGBT community but whenever the subject is brought up in a direct way here it's suddenly- "no one has been chancelled" "lol 'woke' is such an old word now, sooooo 2016 lololololol" :roll:

Define cancel culture then.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:27 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Uiiop wrote:You started it. Everyone would just walked on by if you didn’t project your flame war beefs into something you admit wasn’t a part of it.

That was Saiwania.

Aye, Sai originally brought it up. But the discussion had already moved on until you dragged us back onto it.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:28 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

An truly consistent anti-cancel culture person wouldn’t conflate being mean and dismissive in an conversation to firing someone.
And trying to spin an derail to an persuxtion complex when you goalpost moved and mottle Bailey your arguments is just cringe.
#NSTransparency

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:29 am

Vassenor wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:
That was Saiwania. That's now the 3rd time that I've had to correct basic post narratives. Seriously it's like the page selector doesn't exist in this thread.

Aye, Sai originally brought it up. But the discussion had already moved on until you dragged us back onto it.

To be fair, the thread was pretty inactive even with certain things on Netflix happening in the last couple of weeks, so I responded.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:29 am

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Uiiop wrote:You started it. Everyone would just walked on by if you didn’t project your flame war beefs into something you admit wasn’t a part of it.

I was referring to your response . And going continued an derail cause by an nazi is not really an better look.
#NSTransparency

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General