NATION

PASSWORD

You Get One Lucky Charm

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Lucky Charm do you choose?

heart
No votes
shooting star
2%
horseshoe
6%
clover
33%
blue crescent moon
6%
unicorn
41%
rainbow
8%
red balloon
No votes
Obligatory Hasselhoff option
4%

Total votes : 49

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:25 pm

Hmm. Looking at the options, a few things come to mind for each of them.

Heart: Big Night at the Museum vibes, even if I can control what it happens to. I can't puppeteer them, they're separate entities. That's gonna backfire.

Shooting star: Would be fun, though it leaves me wondering how fast I'd be able to go.

Horseshoe: There's no way I'd be able to comprehend where I'm going at lightspeed. Not only would I run into something and die, the force I use might cause a nuclear explosion. No thank you. Besides, if you put all that aside the teleportation one would just be easier.

Clover: Really cool, but still unreliable. It would lead me to take massive risks, and at some point I'd take a risk and fail.

Blue crescent: Get your mind out of the gutter. I'd love to use this to steal things and further my political agenda, and while teleportation could potentially be better for those things I think this one's safer. I'm going with this one, even if I have to be naked for it to work

Unicorn: I don't trust myself with that kind of power, I'd lose control of my head and ruin everything.

Rainbow: Does air move out of the way when i teleport somewhere new, or does my body get filled with oxygen and dust every time? Would teleporting into a wall kill me instantly, or would it be slow and painful? The potential advantages this poses over invisibility are negated by the risks.

Red: This would be awesome, but I wouldn't really be able to go anywhere that a trained diver couldn't go. The pressure of the ocean depths wuld still kill me and human skin is not meant to be underwater for extended periods of time so it's not like I could live down there.
Last edited by Alcala-Cordel on Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:05 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:... what?

Why is this a thing? What a random power. Who would suddenly go... “‘Kay I’m going to pick the superpower that lets me breath under the water.”?

What’s the point?

You could go deep sea diving and gathering treasures from sunken ships, or -- in a non-plundering sense -- exploring the lost depths of the Titanic (and other notable wrecks if that's your thing) and photograph them so they are not lost to the ages. It would be invaluable for oceanographers studying reefs and undersea habitats.

Assuming said power also protected you from the bends.

Just use the unicorn charm to turn yourself into a mermaid (or give you a magic object that does the same thing if you can’t turn yourself into things). Problem solved.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:03 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:The unicorn charm is objectively the best, as demonstrated by the excellent webcomic A Better Place

Although I'd be tempted to get the "running faster than the speed of light" one. This breaks physics in all kinds of interesting ways, and I'd be interested to see how that works. It's very likely that doing this, even for a second, would destroy you and everything around you in atomic fire.

With the unicorn charm you could create magic shoes that let you run faster than the speed of light.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:26 am

I would take the unicorn charm, and use its power to make the IM Verse real

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:30 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I would take the unicorn charm, and use its power to make the IM Verse real

Do talking sheep exist in your IMverse?
The Blaatschapen should resign

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:30 am

Ahh... hmm, narrowed down to three choices:

1) Unicorn
2) Horseshoe
3) Clover

I'm gonna have to go with the Unicorn charm!
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:33 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I would take the unicorn charm, and use its power to make the IM Verse real

Do talking sheep exist in your IMverse?

Yes

Comerciante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Comerciante » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:41 am

Ya'll be weaksauce.

Embrace the F A S T. Teleportation is cool. But it will never feel as cool as breaking all the laws of physics to in a single moment achieve lightspeed.

Then die.

But hey you gotta go fast.
"Rumors of CFC affiliates building superweapons in orbit over Earth is fake news. Watch groups have corroborated this even though it would be to quote the BoD "totally rad."

#00: "The first step to acquiring real power, is to learn how to steal it from someone else, the second step is learning how to keep it the third step is to restart from the first step."
"Good and Evil are Two Tall Trees sitting upon a hill, the Tree of Good is Strong and Tall and does not bend, the Tree of Evil is Short and Flimsy when the wind blows Good resists, and breaks and falls on the floor and dies and Evil? well, it bends and it lives."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General