NATION

PASSWORD

The Parents Were Sold Out

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should Lucy be selected for the weapons program?

1. Reward Lucy for her displayed loyalty to the Empire with medals and titles. Let her join the Elite program. Keep a close eye in case.
45%
2. Reward Lucy for her displayed loyalty to the Empire with medals and titles. However, don't choose her for the Elite program. She gets phased out in a lesser position and eventually gets replaced.
30%
3. For all we know, she may have been a Holstadt Restorationist the whole time. Throw her into the camps along with her parents; this is part of the parents' plan clearly.
5%
4. Other
20%

Total votes : 40

Thomasd98
Civilian

Founded: Mar 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Thomasd98 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:36 am

Picairn wrote:
There is a COG (Choice of Games) game in development that has a lot in common with the preamble of this story. Except that the War is called the Castigation, the Empire is led by the Sun Court, magic users are rendered slaves and frequently oppressed, and Lucy (or the Main Character) instead of being in the Army is in a militia led by magic users and other races in the capital. https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/sheph ... 3890/34470

Anyway, I choose Option 2. I would suspect that this is a ploy rachat de credit info (what kind of daughter honestly snitches on her own parents???) but punishing her outright may raise some questions.

I would also advocate for reform to give magic users civil rights and protections against discrimination, as well as integrating them into the Imperial education system to clear out all the revisionist bullshit and decrease social tension.

Maybe we should find a way to punish her and not hit her.

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:36 am

Lucy's parents believe that sacrifices must be made. She is also described as being highly intelligent and gifted. Maybe Lucy took her parents' advice to heart and sacrificed her own family in order to bring down the Empire. Maybe it was all a ploy to get into the Empire's good graces. I would go with Option 2 just to be safe. Only a handful of students qualify to join the Elite program and most students end up being screened out. If she isn't secretly plotting the Empire's demise, then surely she won't take it personally.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

Autumn Wind
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Autumn Wind » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:51 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:Lucy's parents believe that sacrifices must be made. She is also described as being highly intelligent and gifted. Maybe Lucy took her parents' advice to heart and sacrificed her own family in order to bring down the Empire. Maybe it was all a ploy to get into the Empire's good graces. I would go with Option 2 just to be safe. Only a handful of students qualify to join the Elite program and most students end up being screened out. If she isn't secretly plotting the Empire's demise, then surely she won't take it personally.

Exactly my thoughts
Your faith does not amuse me. Fundamentalism is a singularly unfunny disposition- A Rightist Puppet

In short, "fascist" is a modern word for "heretic," branding an individual worthy of excommunication from the body politic. The right uses otherwords ("reverse-racist," "feminazi," "unamerican," "communist") for similiar purposes, but these words have less elastic meanings. Fascism, however, is the gift that keeps on giving. - Jonah Goldberg, revisited.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:02 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:Lucy's parents believe that sacrifices must be made. She is also described as being highly intelligent and gifted. Maybe Lucy took her parents' advice to heart and sacrificed her own family in order to bring down the Empire. Maybe it was all a ploy to get into the Empire's good graces. I would go with Option 2 just to be safe. Only a handful of students qualify to join the Elite program and most students end up being screened out. If she isn't secretly plotting the Empire's demise, then surely she won't take it personally.

You may be on to something.

Lucy’s file is completely clean so far. She’s so far never defied the Empire. She’s so far been a model Girl Scout. She’s been going along with the party line.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:21 am

Thomasd98 wrote:
Picairn wrote:
There is a COG (Choice of Games) game in development that has a lot in common with the preamble of this story. Except that the War is called the Castigation, the Empire is led by the Sun Court, magic users are rendered slaves and frequently oppressed, and Lucy (or the Main Character) instead of being in the Army is in a militia led by magic users and other races in the capital. https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/sheph ... 3890/34470

Anyway, I choose Option 2. I would suspect that this is a ploy rachat de credit info (what kind of daughter honestly snitches on her own parents???) but punishing her outright may raise some questions.

I would also advocate for reform to give magic users civil rights and protections against discrimination, as well as integrating them into the Imperial education system to clear out all the revisionist bullshit and decrease social tension.

Maybe we should find a way to punish her and not hit her.

I’m confused by this

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:06 pm

Thomasd98 wrote:Maybe we should find a way to punish her and not hit her.

Where did I advocate for hitting her?
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:12 pm

Picairn wrote:
Thomasd98 wrote:Maybe we should find a way to punish her and not hit her.

Where did I advocate for hitting her?

I don't think you did. Are you pro Lucy?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:31 pm

After dwelling on the hypothetical for a while, I think that Lucy’s willingness to sacrifice family for nation is a huge plus in favor of option 1.

However, I understand others may see differently.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:40 am

What’s the majority option for Other? Why so many Other in poll?

Esthe
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Esthe » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:05 pm

I think this should either be in International Incidents or Portal to The Multiverse.
And now my life has changed in oh so many ways
My independence seems to vanish in the haze

Destyntine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Destyntine » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Lucy may join, in fact she should be placed in the Elite Program and should be made a priority. I'd also imagine she is now a prime target for the Great Nations, so not only should she be watched over, but protected as well.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ I do stuff n' thangs.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Spaceship go Vroooom!

NS stats are not 100% accurate, but they do represent my nation slightly!
Yeah, I'm sassy! Get over it!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General