NATION

PASSWORD

The Chinese Communist Party is right or wrong?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

I think that the CCP:

Is right about everything
4%
Is more often right than wrong
10%
Is more often wrong than right
52%
Is always in the wrong
33%

Total votes : 689

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:33 pm

All China wrote:
Picairn wrote:If you want to regurgitate official Chinese history bullshit then at least be more creative with your efforts. The CCP did fuckall against the Japanese in WW2 except for the Hundred Regiments Offensive and minor guerilla battles while Kuomintang's forces were fighting conventional campaigns, which proved to be costly for Chiang Kai-shek and his troops especially in Battle of Shanghai and Operation Ichi-Go.

That isn’t historically accurate.

For the record, Chiang Kai Shek ran a real dictatorship in Taiwan. Taiwan wasn’t a western style democracy until very recently. People actually fled Taiwan to China because it was so bad.

If China was so bad and CCP were so power hungry, couldn’t they just invade Taiwan already? No. Because CCP doesn’t want war. The people don’t want war. Something Chiang Kai Shek learned too late when he let Japan trample over China.

Past is past.

Not without causing WW3 no.
No. Because CCP doesn’t want war.

Top lol

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:05 am

All China wrote:
Picairn wrote:If you want to regurgitate official Chinese history bullshit then at least be more creative with your efforts. The CCP did fuckall against the Japanese in WW2 except for the Hundred Regiments Offensive and minor guerilla battles while Kuomintang's forces were fighting conventional campaigns, which proved to be costly for Chiang Kai-shek and his troops especially in Battle of Shanghai and Operation Ichi-Go.

That isn’t historically accurate.

For the record, Chiang Kai Shek ran a real dictatorship in Taiwan. Taiwan wasn’t a western style democracy until very recently. People actually fled Taiwan to China because it was so bad.

If China was so bad and CCP were so power hungry, couldn’t they just invade Taiwan already? No. Because CCP doesn’t want war. The people don’t want war. Something Chiang Kai Shek learned too late when he let Japan trample over China.

Past is past.

Of course it's past. Taiwan is now a democracy and China is still putting people in concentration camps.
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY, ISLAM
FREE PALESTINE
STAND WITH THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE
Call me Muqaddasia.
Proud member of the GCN. Host nation of SETZA. Founder/Co-founder of the (now defunct) IDSF Founder/Co-founder and first in command of the (now defunct) UCA. Founder of the (now defunct) ICRD.
BREAKING NEWS: Galapagos war 4 might be coming | “Aursi among best Muqaddasi allies,”, says government official | Muqaddasi weapon industry expanding WIP

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:46 am

China has gotten too rich and powerful for my liking. It's a threat to the preexisting world order and I don't like it. To that end, that is why I'm in favor of an interventionist foreign policy by the US and any other nations that're aligned against China- which has essentially taken the place of what the Soviet Union used to be in terms of a rival superpower. Behind the scenes, it should be more like the old days where secret operations and proxy wars were done on a regular basis.

I propose that Ugyghur separatists be armed by sympathetic factions/countries to go fight China's hold on Xinjiang and the surrounding region in a bid to drain China's coffers and weaken or undermine the PRC across the board. It is all the more better in my view, if the entire Muslim world can be rallied to Jihad against what China is doing to hurt the Uyghurs.

There is some risk for blowback, but my belief is that it is minimal compared to the alternative of letting China continue to only get more leverage to dominate the global economy and institutions.
Last edited by Saiwania on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:50 am

Saiwania wrote:China has gotten too rich and powerful for my liking. It's a threat to the preexisting world order and I don't like it. To that end, that is why I'm in favor of an interventionist foreign policy by the US and any other nations that're aligned against China- which has essentially taken the place of what the Soviet Union used to be in terms of a rival superpower. Behind the scenes, it should be more like the old days where secret operations and proxy wars were done on a regular basis.

I propose that Ugyghur separatists be armed by sympathetic factions/countries to go fight China's hold on Xinjiang and the surrounding region in a bid to drain China's coffers and weaken or undermine the PRC across the board. It is all the more better in my view, if the entire Muslim world can be rallied to Jihad against what China is doing to hurt the Uyghurs.

There is some risk for blowback, but my belief is that it is minimal compared to the alternative of letting China continue to only get more leverage to dominate the global economy and institutions.

But when muslims do jihad against anything else, it is terrorism? Don't get me wrong, I hate China, but using muslims as pawns doesn't get you anywhere. Also, China won't think twice about brutally massacring any revolters. And the Muslim world hates the USA more than China, in my opinion.
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.
Proud member of the GCN. Host nation of SETZA. Founder/Co-founder of the (now defunct) IDSF Founder/Co-founder and first in command of the (now defunct) UCA. Founder of the (now defunct) ICRD.
BREAKING NEWS: Galapagos war 4 might be coming | “Aursi among best Muqaddasi allies,”, says government official | Muqaddasi weapon industry expanding WIP

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:00 am

All China wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:Do you have any evidence to present, and are you going to address the information provided in Pitcairn's post?

Without doing either, all you are posting is a series of words as verifiable as a sci-fi novel from the '50s.

They posted a tweet and some blogs as evidence of a widely debunked conspiracy theory about China.

Nothing to address.

ok

So what is your evidence that it is a 'widely debunked conspiracy theory'? You have provided nothing to back your assertations.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:10 am

Imagine being hired to "patriotically" defend your corrupt slaver state motherland on some random western forum thing... only to get 0.5 rmb/post. I'd ask for a payrise if that wasn't counter-reformism.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:10 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Imagine being hired to "patriotically" defend your corrupt slaver state motherland on some random western forum thing... only to get 0.5 rmb/post. I'd ask for a payrise if that wasn't counter-reformism.

Down with the oppressors! Workers of the world, unite! Wait...

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:16 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:
Saiwania wrote:China has gotten too rich and powerful for my liking. It's a threat to the preexisting world order and I don't like it. To that end, that is why I'm in favor of an interventionist foreign policy by the US and any other nations that're aligned against China- which has essentially taken the place of what the Soviet Union used to be in terms of a rival superpower. Behind the scenes, it should be more like the old days where secret operations and proxy wars were done on a regular basis.

But when muslims do jihad against anything else, it is terrorism? Don't get me wrong, I hate China, but using muslims as pawns doesn't get you anywhere. Also, China won't think twice about brutally massacring any revolters. And the Muslim world hates the USA more than China, in my opinion.

Well, depend on the place. In Southeast Asia, many Muslims hate the Chinese (like, as an ethnicity) far more, due to racism propagated by Islamist hardliners. Especially since China is ruled under a godless communism. Of course, the hardliners often add that communism is invented by the capitalist Jewry and Dajjal followers, so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Cancolastan
Secretary

Founded: Apr 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Cancolastan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:19 am

In my humble opinion, what China has been doing within it's own borders (minus the Styrofoam Corn Cob buildings, killing local economies elsewhere in the world, polluting a crap ton and horrific working laws/conditions) is actually pretty good. The one problem I do have however is when they go full Imperialism and start looking at land outside of it's true border.
Yours truly,
Honourable Frank Burk
Prime Minister of Cancolastan
SECURITATIS DE HOMINES
Political Compass:
https://ibb.co/pPh7RdK
Economic: -1.75
Social: 6.1

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:33 am

All China wrote:
New Jacobland wrote:This history of the Sino-Japanese war is bull****. What actually happened is that Chiang Kai-Shek, Mao, and the warlords agreed to stop fighting to drive out the Japanese. This means the onus rests as much on Mao as it does on Chiang. The people did protest once, Tiananmen Square. Guess what! China sent tanks and murdered them

That is simplified version of events. How do you think Mao defeated Chiang Kai-Shek? China is huge. It’s impossible to succeed without some of the people’s support. China was devastated by decades of unrest and Japanese war crimes. If they hated Mao like they hated the Kuomintang they would’ve discarded him for another warlord. Instead, they joined the Communists because, unlike Kuomintang, they actually cared about the peasants.

The people protested in the 90s. Right to protest is a human right isn’t it? The people spoke, and CCP answered. China reformed its economic policy to be more capitalist. And it instituted democratic reforms. No more “Chairman”. China has a President whose elected by the legislature. Legislature is elected by the people’s representatives. People win and lose elections in China all the time, just like America. If it was a dictatorship, the politicians would be in power for life.

Two of China’s recent Presidents voluntarily stepped down when their terms were over. Peaceful transfer of power doesn’t happen in dictatorships. Trump and Biden wasn’t very peaceful. Yet we know America is not a dictatorship.

I agree Mao had support in the beginning. He got to get the peasants and labourers on his side with his talk about communi, but they then realised they had made a bad call.
Link here

My nation does not reflect my IRL views

If I am in a non-The Western Isles RP, ignore all factbooks not marked [FORUM].

Dislikes: Guns, warfare, CCP, Modi, North Korea, cigarettes

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:47 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Imagine being hired to "patriotically" defend your corrupt slaver state motherland on some random western forum thing... only to get 0.5 rmb/post. I'd ask for a payrise if that wasn't counter-reformism.

I wonder how many defenders of the CCP are actually on a payroll outside of Chinese forums. Some people do it for free and I believe that some governments see this and try to radicalize westerners into doing that job without getting paid.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015

Postby Rusozak » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:31 am

Mystickystuff wrote:Particularly if defending one's homeland was a comfortable and gratifying thing to do. I wouldn't do it for China, but of course China is not my homeland.

Only it has the opposite affect. I'm less likely to take a nation seriously if said nation feels the need to make its citizens feverishly defend its image in message boards and forums. Imagine a world power that feels threatened by reddit.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Postby Rusozak » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:42 am

Mystickystuff wrote:
Rusozak wrote:
Only it has the opposite affect. I'm less likely to take a nation seriously if said nation feels the need to make its citizens feverishly defend its image in message boards and forums. Imagine a world power that feels threatened by reddit.

Actually not hard to imagine. Reddit has nearly half a billion users, but luckily they are not all united in one cause.

99% of whom are shit posters that probably have no actual intent of acting on their beliefs/promises. My point is it's petty and makes you look bad. Like When Trump was going after every little bit of criticism no matter who it came from, even picking fights with actual children online. It's embarrassing for China to put so much effort into owning keyboard warriors.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:48 am

We can do without baiting accusations, please.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Magical North Korea
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Magical North Korea » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:15 pm

Rusozak wrote:
Mystickystuff wrote:Particularly if defending one's homeland was a comfortable and gratifying thing to do. I wouldn't do it for China, but of course China is not my homeland.

Then I suggest you don't see what Americans on Reddit do when someone so much as dares suggest their country is wrong.
We are North Korea, if North Korea was the birth of BTS. Comrade Kim ordered BTS to spread the power of love and Juche to the world!

Magical North Korea
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Magical North Korea » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:16 pm

Interesting proposal, given that the CIA did fund separatist and terrorist groups there before the movement was condemned by the UN Security Council.
https://www.un.org/securitycouncil/sanc ... c-movement
We are North Korea, if North Korea was the birth of BTS. Comrade Kim ordered BTS to spread the power of love and Juche to the world!

Rusozak
Negotiator

Postby Rusozak » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:16 pm

Magical North Korea wrote:
Rusozak wrote:

Then I suggest you don't see what Americans on Reddit do when someone so much as dares suggest their country is wrong.

That's just redditors being redditors. I'm talking about states committing resources to online arguments. Imagine your tax dollars going towards winning a fight on a message board.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:16 pm

Rusozak wrote:
Magical North Korea wrote:

That's just redditors being redditors. I'm talking about states committing resources to online arguments. Imagine your tax dollars going towards winning a fight on a message board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Earnest_Voice
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Rusozak
Negotiator

Postby Rusozak » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:13 am

Orostan wrote:
Rusozak wrote:

God damn it.

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:16 am

That is pretty scary...
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:19 am

Orostan wrote:
Rusozak wrote:

Well.....fuck.

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:30 am

Is that surprising? Isn't that a very moderate plan?The Internet is an important military asset. The Pentagon said that 25 years ago
The Internet could also be used offensively as an additional medium in psychological operations campaigns and to help achieve unconventional warfare objectives.
Revisiting a strategic assessment of the Internet
If compared with Boundless Informant,Bullrun,DCS1000,DCSNet,US-990 Fairview,ICREACH,fbi Magic Lantern,
DHS media monitoring services,MUSCULAR DS-200B,MYSTIC REPROTING,Room 641AMAINWAY,Tailored Access Operations,this action is too mild(It's too much. I'm tired of typing, which is less than half of what I can know).Anyway, it's basically the things like encourage all communication and hardware devices to set up backdoors, monitor everyone's phone, network, voice and other records, conduct data mining, freely access all media and social company's data and public opinion control and so on.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:32 am

https://swprs.org/der-propaganda-multiplikator/

Es ist einer der wichtigsten Aspekte unseres Mediensystems – und dennoch in der Öffentlichkeit nahezu unbekannt: Der größte Teil der internationalen Nachrichten in all unseren Medien stammt von nur drei globalen Nachrichtenagenturen aus New York, London und Paris.
It is one of the most important aspects of our media system, yet almost unknown to the public: the majority of international news in all our media comes from only three global news agencies from New York, London and Paris.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Miku the Based
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Miku the Based » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:12 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:
Rusozak wrote:
God damn it.

That is pretty scary...

Scary for you but the usual for me.
Real doomer hours.
January 8th, 2021 - I vow not to respond to anyone OOCIC/OOC I'm 100% serious
Do not ask me my opinion of LGBT. the mods don't approve.
Yes, I'm Homophobic, Transphobic etc. not stop incessantly responding to me and then have the audacity to claim I am the one "trolling". If I don't respond to you most likely I'm on your foe list. If one is hypersensitive I recommend putting me on your foe list
Socialism Cockshottian Economic Pan-aftrica DPRK Hamas Belarus CCP Kazakhstan Maxim Gorky National Bolshevikism jim profit free thought and expression thereof | Susan Sontag Critical Theory New-Left Cub/Ven. Socialism Smashie Drugs USculture NPA Corrupt Moderator Unruley Moderators anglos thought crimes/police

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:12 pm

Rusozak wrote:

I mean considering what happened with GameStop I can think of one power that may be wary of Reddit, at least finanacially.
Link here

My nation does not reflect my IRL views

If I am in a non-The Western Isles RP, ignore all factbooks not marked [FORUM].

Dislikes: Guns, warfare, CCP, Modi, North Korea, cigarettes

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General