NATION

PASSWORD

Should Hunting for Sport be Banned?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Fauzjhia wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Your brother is right to have such mercy.

Sure, let me tell me, that the animal do not care ir a killer want to not make them suffer, or just want to torture them. Pretty the animals just do not want to die.

Death is a fact of life. Everything dies. Death is how life survives

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:Hunting helps keep animal species at a level so there populations don't overpopulate and destroy the ecosystem. While I do agree that poaching is wrong I am completely fine with hunting as long as your doing it legally. Hunting is not morally wrong nor is it cruel to animals. Let me take you back to the overpopulation would you rather have the animals die a slow death from starvation or be killed quickly. Personally I enjoy hunting and while yes poaching is illegal you shouldn’t punish legal hunters by banning hunting all together

Naw, Hunting is Morally wrong,

As a whole, it is not. If done unethically or unsustainably, yes. But a bunch of guys going out and killing a few white tails every year so they can put meat in their freezer and a head from the kill on their wall isn’t.
the very reason why ecosystem are unbalanced, is because we destroyed them.

Yah, and it’s not just hunting that does that. In fact hunting can help to stabilize an ecosystem.
All of human civilization destroys the environment. That’s just a fact of our existence.

small exemple. we destroy the Wolf by hunting, and now we have a deer over population, so we think its fine to kill deers, because it (regulate) the overpopulation.

So long as the deer have a sustainable population it’s fine to hunt a few of the regardless.

Also. This is pure fantasy... let's say, an alien came around and began exterminating humans to (regulate the overpopulation), I,m pretty sure we are going to label that aliens as (thy great evil) and rally people for a counter attack. Despite the fact the aliens is doing, what humans are doing to animals.

Thing is humans are a sapient species. Deer and wolves are not. Killing a deer is not morally comparable to killing a person.

That we kill to feed ourselves. I understand, animals do it too. that we kill for trophies, that I can't understand and never will,. its morally wrong.

Most people who take trophies actually eat the animal that they kill. And most people who kill for food, at least in North America, will take a trophy from it. It’s not an either or situation.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:51 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:If anywhere, me as human would say I love to kill just to kill, everyone would be horrible and view me as a disgusting psychopath.
yet, there is not much different between running after an animal victim just to see their life end, so we can pose with their body as trophy. hunters do not perform any ecological missions, they are killing for pleasure

Sport Hunting must be banned, Its completely immoral.

Animals may kill each others, but rarely for pleasure.

You may want to do a search on killer whales, they fuck with their prey all the time.

Killer Whales like to play with their food. its known
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Previous

Return to General