NATION

PASSWORD

Should Hunting for Sport be Banned?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zul-ar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Zul-ar » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:15 am

Ifreann wrote:
Zul-ar wrote:Because, the former is a necessary evil as meat is a part of the human diet, while the later is wasteful and cruel. If you find the thrill of the hunt fun, go play paintball ffs and leave the animals out of it.

Meat isn't a necessary part of the human diet. We can, generally speaking, live without it.

Yes, it is physically possible to live without meat, but many people are not in the situation to switch over to a healthy complete vegan diet. Thus, for those people, they still need meat to fill up the gaps.
With diligence, bravery, and obedience

Wear your masks and social distance.
This nation does not align with my views. NS stats somewhat canon. A Class 2 Civilization according to this index.
My Countryball art.
Headlines: Female Tourist Released to Nation of Origin After Arrest for Indecent Exposure | Records From Season 5 of Radio Show "The Pious Man" Now For Sale | Actor Terrijorr From Hit Radio Show "The Pious Man" is Released, All Charges Dropped | New Sanitary Laws Go Into Effect | Mor-Leaf Prices Rise By .03%

WeeTurds
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby WeeTurds » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:15 am

Salus Maior wrote:
WeeTurds wrote:Other animals? Lions, Cheetah, Leopard, Gorilla, and many other animals are greatly harmed by overhunting, which is almost impossible to control. If animals are overpopulated in a single area, it is because of the actions of humans. Overhunting, and building houses might force animals to live closer together, as it is easier to find food. Trophy hunting removes predators and their prey from the environment, which affects the entire ecosystem of the country.

Well then don't hunt endangered animals.

And if the problem is made by humans, why can't humans fix the problem by controlling the population themselves? Or are we just supposed to sit in a corner and feel bad for being the most successful species?

You can say that BUT IT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE IF HUMANS HADN'T INTERVENED TO BEGIN WITH. The reason that animals are overpopulated is because you have killed their predators, and forced them to live in large groups because you have destroyed their habitats. "Well then don't hunt endangered animals." You can say this in a perfect world. Everyone in a perfect world will do what you want. But, our world is not perfect, and people will continue to hunt endangered animals regardless of what you tell them to do.

The united states of sonindia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 05, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of sonindia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:19 am

:meh:
Grinning Dragon wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Why is killing an animal not harming you not morally and ethically wrong? Some of those wolves killed likely had cubs who now will not be able to survive.

According to whose morals and ethics? It isn't universal and completely subjective.
If you need to interject emotion into it, the argument isn't very sound.

it is unethical and should be banned, you should not commit murder for recreation purposes.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:20 am

The united states of sonindia wrote::meh:
Grinning Dragon wrote:According to whose morals and ethics? It isn't universal and completely subjective.

it is unethical and should be banned, you should not commit murder for recreation purposes.

Says you.

Others I'm sure will disagree.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

WeeTurds
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby WeeTurds » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:21 am

Exactly, killing animals for fun should not be allowed. Animals don't kill us for fun, so why should we kill them?

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:21 am

WeeTurds wrote:Animals don't kill us for fun

They often do.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of sonindia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:22 am

WeeTurds wrote:Exactly, killing animals for fun should not be allowed. Animals don't kill us for fun, so why should we kill them?

:) agreed

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of sonindia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:22 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Says you.

any prove

The Military State of the Galapagos
Minister

Founded: Jan 19, 2021

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:22 am

WeeTurds wrote:Other animals? Lions, Cheetah, Leopard, Gorilla, and many other animals are greatly harmed by overhunting, which is almost impossible to control. If animals are overpopulated in a single area, it is because of the actions of humans. Overhunting, and building houses might force animals to live closer together, as it is easier to find food. Trophy hunting removes predators and their prey from the environment, which affects the entire ecosystem of the country. Also, hunting for sport and trophy hunting is directly removing animals from the environment. You are killing them for pride and satisfaction. Animals don't kill humans, or other animals for pride and satisfaction, they do it because it is what they need to do to survive. Trophy hunting disrupts ecosystems and causes mass extinction.

And we are putting restrictions on those animals. Hunting common animals isn’t bad it’s a way to keep the population in check
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:22 am

WeeTurds wrote:Exactly, killing animals for fun should not be allowed. Animals don't kill us for fun, so why should we kill them?

You should look up the term "Surplus Killing"..
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

WeeTurds
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby WeeTurds » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:23 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Says you.

This is exactly the quote i'd expect from someone who's flag is a man in a mask holding a crap ton of bullets. In england, nobody is allowed guns, because of this, we don't have school shootings, church shootings, etc. It's the kind of people, like you, that believe hunting should be allowed and have multiple guns, that do things like this.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:23 am

The united states of sonindia wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Says you.

any prove

That others will disagree with you?

Welcome to NSG. :lol:
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Military State of the Galapagos
Minister

Founded: Jan 19, 2021

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:24 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Says you.

any prove

I disagree
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

The Provincial Union of the Pacific
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 25, 2016

Postby The Provincial Union of the Pacific » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:24 am

Humans, just like many other animals, are hunters. Humanity actually has a much more advanced sense of coexistence with other animals in the sense that we allow other animals to live near our 'territory' without attacking them, something most predatory animals do. People like to pretend that we are above other animals and predators in every sense but in reality that's only true of the mind, we are still natural predators; deny it as much as you want your ancestors hunted and killed for food, and we have needs very similar to the rest of the Animal Kingdom. To abandon the natural desire to hunt is only further alienating us from the rest of the Animal Kingdom so when our Big Bad Walls of Civilisation crumble we'll be that much more at a disadvantage. Hunting remains a very important skill for people to have considering all of this that we have now isn't likely going to last forever and in many parts of the world there are civilisations that still hunt and gather for their supplies because they have not implemented animal husbandry.

Humans shouldn't hunt animals into extinction, but we wouldn't be the first to do it and we certainly won't be the last, throughout history there have been animals killed off by other animals and that has been acknowledged by Charles Darwin in his theory of Natural Selection. If we want to avoid causing certain animals to go extinct then just don't hunt those animals, there are many other animals with large populations that can be hunted and still be in abundance because they have come to be excellent at prospering.
Posted by the
Department of the Sovereign State
of the
Provincial Union of the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian Oceans

H.H.M. Alexander / H.V.M. Grace
King and Queen of the Provincial Union
M.A. Alice N. Crawford
President of the Provincial Union
Dr. Victor V. Larsen, First Minister / M.A. Thomas E. Lutz, Minister Chief / Ms. Safiya L. Nazari, Principal-in-Chief
All international inquiries will be handled by the Department of the Sovereign State

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:25 am

WeeTurds wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Well then don't hunt endangered animals.

And if the problem is made by humans, why can't humans fix the problem by controlling the population themselves? Or are we just supposed to sit in a corner and feel bad for being the most successful species?

You can say that BUT IT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE IF HUMANS HADN'T INTERVENED TO BEGIN WITH. The reason that animals are overpopulated is because you have killed their predators, and forced them to live in large groups because you have destroyed their habitats. "Well then don't hunt endangered animals." You can say this in a perfect world. Everyone in a perfect world will do what you want. But, our world is not perfect, and people will continue to hunt endangered animals regardless of what you tell them to do.

Ok, and?

Is there a point to your emotional spiel or do you actually have a solution to the proposed problems?
Last edited by Salus Maior on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of sonindia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:25 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
The united states of sonindia wrote:any prove

That others will disagree with you?

Welcome to NSG. :lol:

thay also agree with mine

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:25 am

WeeTurds wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Says you.

This is exactly the quote i'd expect from someone who's flag is a man in a mask holding a crap ton of bullets. In england, nobody is allowed guns, because of this, we don't have school shootings, church shootings, etc. It's the kind of people, like you, that believe hunting should be allowed and have multiple guns, that do things like this.

:eyebrow:

I own four guns. I hunt for meat, and to protect livestock and property. Am I going to shoot up a school too? Do you realize how incoherent you sound right now? Also, in England, people are allowed to own guns.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:According to whose morals and ethics? It isn't universal and completely subjective.

Umm, you cannot murder an animal. Murder is a charge for the malicious unlawful taking of a human life.
You say it is unethical, I say it isn't and no it shouldn't be banned.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 am

Animals kill for fun all the time.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of sonindia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
WeeTurds wrote:

:eyebrow:

I own four guns. I hunt for meat, and to protect livestock and property. Am I going to shoot up a school too? Do you realize how incoherent you sound right now? Also, in England, people are allowed to own guns.

this is for recreation not nurishment

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of sonindia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 am

Salus Maior wrote:

but we do to much

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:28 am

Greater Cesnica wrote: :eyebrow:

this is for recreation not nurishment

He said people who own multiple guns, and said hunting in general. I take severe offense to that blanket statement.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:28 am

WeeTurds wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Says you.

You clearly don't know your own history if you think "nobody is allowed gun" in cherry ol England lad.

In fact, I'm jelly that devices that reduce gunshot DB's and protect ones hearing are almost mandatory and openly accepted while here they are heavily frowned upon. As for the rest, once again you need to crack open a history book before commenting, otherwise someone more educated then you on the subject might point and laugh at the fact that you are trying to ban "assault knives" as heavy gun control clearly hasn't worked to curb actual crime.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:28 am

Zul-ar wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Meat isn't a necessary part of the human diet. We can, generally speaking, live without it.

Yes, it is physically possible to live without meat, but many people are not in the situation to switch over to a healthy complete vegan diet. Thus, for those people, they still need meat to fill up the gaps.

And besides, I think it's worthwhile to keep up diversity in the human diet.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:29 am

Salus Maior wrote:

but we do to much

Probably in some sectors.

That's what regulation is for.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General