NATION

PASSWORD

Can Homophobia Be Justified?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Novokria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 111
Founded: Feb 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Novokria » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 am

San Lumen wrote:
Novokria wrote:Well the last few years has shown America can change just like that so anything is possible in 2021 America and Biden seems like the sort of person to try and takeover and create a new constitution


Rubbish. The president cannot make law.

Why shouldnt same sex marriage be called as such?

Because intended for Marriage to between a Man and a Woman to create new life and Homosexuals can't create new life so it's against the definition of Marriage
America & Russia are two sides of the same poisonous coin

Zelensky is just another puppet of the Satanic American Imperialist Government

America is like the Cookie Monster but with Oil not Cookies

Svoboda, Ultra-Nationalism, Orthodox Christianity, Azov, Stepan Bandera, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine
Russia, Zelensky, Poland, Islam, Judaism, Communism, America, Multiculturalism, Democracy, Gay Marriage and Germany

User avatar
Caraani
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1606
Founded: Oct 26, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Caraani » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 am

Odreria wrote:
Caraani wrote:I don't need to convince people on the ground to support LGBT people. Please check what we were actually talking about.

Ok good luck getting more rights without anybody supporting it

Again, feel free to check what I wrote previously. Is taking things out of context a favourite past-time of people in here or...?
For: Things I say
Against: Things YOU say
Future writer and publisher of Fifty Shades of Empire
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
"Have you ever noticed when you're driving that anyone who's driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?!" - George Carlin

User avatar
Caraani
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1606
Founded: Oct 26, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Caraani » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:17 am

Punished UMN wrote:
Caraani wrote:Tolerance of our existence worldwide has increased. I already saw that article, and I saw the article that discredited said article as well. Nice try though.

But there are large regions of the globe, specifically the Former Soviet Union, the Middle East and North Africa region, and Sub-Saharan Africa in which tolerance has either stagnated or declined.

That is literally wrong. Statistics show, they have increased. I think there's only one or two countries where it diminished. But in most they have increased, if by one or two digits.
For: Things I say
Against: Things YOU say
Future writer and publisher of Fifty Shades of Empire
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
"Have you ever noticed when you're driving that anyone who's driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?!" - George Carlin

User avatar
Zul-ar
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Dec 18, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zul-ar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:19 am

Not this argument again.
Mercatus wrote:I mean, I thought that free expression meant I didn’t require justifications, even for views considered “hateful"

You don't require a justification, you chose to participate in this thread. Nobody's attacking you, or forcing you to do anything.
Mercatus";p="38372501"but y’know, poor Johnny got his feelings hurt, so therefore people say we need to restrict “hate speech”.[/quote]
The post wasn't about that at all. What does that have to do with anything?
[quote="Mercatus wrote:
I personally believe that the concept of free speech/expression negates the need for a justification of any kind,

You are correct in that in the USA, you do not need a justification for your opinions in order to express them. This is a fact. Your point? What does this have to do with anything?
Mercatus wrote:However, when Silicon Valley billionaires have a death grip on pretty much all media, free speech is dead.

Private businesses can choose to reject service to whomever they like for whatever reason, whether that be a politician with controversial opinions or a gay couple wanting a wedding cake. You can still say what you like, you just aren't entitled to be able to use that company's services to do it.
Mercatus wrote:Stop pandering to SJWs and cancel culture, and for god sakes don’t feel so offended if someone calls you a name/slur. They’re just words, treat them as such.

Right, so if you call your boss's wife a "fat bitch," I'm sure you expect no repercussions for that, and that your boss will happily continue to employ you? Of course not. Words affect people, and when your words negatively affect them, they're likely not to want you around them anymore. Why keep someone in your company who has no respect for you and makes you miserable? When you're being a jerk and your friends start disappearing, you're just suffering the social consequences for being unlikable. Simple as that.
With diligence, bravery, and obedience

Wear your masks and social distance.
This nation is for recreational purposes, and does not align with my views. NS stats will not be used until the nation undergoes further tweaking. A Class 2 Civilization according to this index.
Headlines: Female Tourist Released to Nation of Origin After Arrest for Indecent Exposure | Records From Season 5 of Radio Show "The Pious Man" Now For Sale | Actor Terrijorr From Hit Radio Show "The Pious Man" is Released, All Charges Dropped | New Sanitary Laws Go Into Effect | Mor-Leaf Prices Rise By .03%

User avatar
Odreria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1531
Founded: Jun 15, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Odreria » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 am

Delet
Last edited by Odreria on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21553
Founded: May 23, 2004
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Alma Mater » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 am

Novokria wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Rubbish. The president cannot make law.

Why shouldnt same sex marriage be called as such?

Because intended for Marriage to between a Man and a Woman to create new life and Homosexuals can't create new life so it's against the definition of Marriage


If that were true, pregnancy would be a requirement for marriage. The old and infertile would not be allowed to marry.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

User avatar
Istoreya
Diplomat
 
Posts: 862
Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Istoreya » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 am

Novokria wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Rubbish. The president cannot make law.

Why shouldnt same sex marriage be called as such?

Because intended for Marriage to between a Man and a Woman to create new life and Homosexuals can't create new life so it's against the definition of Marriage

Then we shall change the definition because words can change meaning. Also, marriage is available to infertile straight couples.
Last edited by Istoreya on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Punished UMN
Minister
 
Posts: 2772
Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 am

Caraani wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Those two are not separate, the issue the movement has faced is that it is not just representing the goals of the LGBT community or of LGBT rights but also has a bunch of ideological baggage which undermines the legitimacy of the state. A lot of these countries actually had better gay rights and less homophobic attitudes before Western LGBT rights movements started in their countries, so it's not just explainable by homophobia.

No. The issue that the movement has faced is that, because the west has moved forward with this issue, in states that are actively opposing western states, such as the US, with which I don't disagree, since the US has been terrible, especially in the middle east - then said states find an easy scapegoat in the LGBT community and the movement, especially as some of those states are moving towards a more conciliatory tone towards the spawn of satan Israel, and it's right to exist as a country. In short, blaming the jew/israeli can not be moved to blaming the gay. And since Homosexuality isn't actually an ideology, and the west has only recently decided we're actual human beings, no state will take drastic measures to defend us. So we're an easy target. It's not that LGBT issues have taken some political sides, it's that LGBT issues have been politicised by those states in order to score political points and increase stability and the popularity of the regime by targeting us - which is what Russia did after it's economy took a nose dive following Crimea. Russians didn't magically start being homophobic, but the state helped them in their homophobia when it started targetting us and naming us "western agents", galvanising the masses against us and turning them away from the economic disaster that were the sanctions.

LGBT rights organizations in these countries were actively attacking states in these places, including on issues unrelated to LGBT rights, long-before scapegoating started. Many of the organizations aren't just getting rhetorical support from the United States but also administrative and financial support, and many of these groups support sanctions on their government.
Last edited by Punished UMN on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still lurking in the community, but don't expect much engagement.
Rawlsian socialist and Constitutional Monarchist. Absolute pacifist. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize

User avatar
Punished UMN
Minister
 
Posts: 2772
Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 am

Caraani wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:But there are large regions of the globe, specifically the Former Soviet Union, the Middle East and North Africa region, and Sub-Saharan Africa in which tolerance has either stagnated or declined.

That is literally wrong. Statistics show, they have increased. I think there's only one or two countries where it diminished. But in most they have increased, if by one or two digits.

Wrong:

Image
Still lurking in the community, but don't expect much engagement.
Rawlsian socialist and Constitutional Monarchist. Absolute pacifist. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize

User avatar
Caraani
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1606
Founded: Oct 26, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Caraani » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 am

Punished UMN wrote:
Caraani wrote:-...If you're from a village in eastern europe. We've also been through communism in Eastern Europe, which saw the complete emancipation of the state from the church, and in some cases its direct subservience. I for one always enjoy the pictures of the patriarch of Romania sucking up to Ceausescu and pre-eminent scientist/illiterate peasant wife.

Tbf, the Patriarch of Romania under Ceausescu was an ally of the Communist Party long-before they took power.

I just checked, and, as common sense dictated, what you said is impossible. There were four patriarchs in Romania during the period of the Socialist Republic. The first one was there before 1945, and remained there for three years, and the fourth one was there for decades after it fell. So, I don't know which patriarch of Romania that was an ally of the Communist Party long before they took power, you're talking about.
For: Things I say
Against: Things YOU say
Future writer and publisher of Fifty Shades of Empire
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
"Have you ever noticed when you're driving that anyone who's driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?!" - George Carlin

User avatar
San Lumen
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 56339
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 am

Novokria wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Rubbish. The president cannot make law.

Why shouldnt same sex marriage be called as such?

Because intended for Marriage to between a Man and a Woman to create new life and Homosexuals can't create new life so it's against the definition of Marriage


Says who?

User avatar
Rapperland
Attaché
 
Posts: 69
Founded: Jul 31, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Rapperland » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:23 am

I show no love to homo thugs
How you gonna explain fuckin' a man?

User avatar
Punished UMN
Minister
 
Posts: 2772
Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:23 am

Caraani wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Tbf, the Patriarch of Romania under Ceausescu was an ally of the Communist Party long-before they took power.

I just checked, and, as common sense dictated, what you said is impossible. There were four patriarchs in Romania during the period of the Socialist Republic. The first one was there before 1945, and remained there for three years, and the fourth one was there for decades after it fell. So, I don't know which patriarch of Romania that was an ally of the Communist Party long before they took power, you're talking about.

The one who was in for the longest period, Iustinian.
Still lurking in the community, but don't expect much engagement.
Rawlsian socialist and Constitutional Monarchist. Absolute pacifist. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize

User avatar
Novokria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 111
Founded: Feb 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Novokria » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:24 am

Istoreya wrote:
Novokria wrote:Because intended for Marriage to between a Man and a Woman to create new life and Homosexuals can't create new life so it's against the definition of Marriage

Then we shall change the definition because words can change meaning. Also, marriage is available to infertile straight couples.

Well i don't really support infertile straights marrying that is not right they should also just have civil unions
America & Russia are two sides of the same poisonous coin

Zelensky is just another puppet of the Satanic American Imperialist Government

America is like the Cookie Monster but with Oil not Cookies

Svoboda, Ultra-Nationalism, Orthodox Christianity, Azov, Stepan Bandera, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine
Russia, Zelensky, Poland, Islam, Judaism, Communism, America, Multiculturalism, Democracy, Gay Marriage and Germany

User avatar
Esalia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1390
Founded: Oct 22, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Esalia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:24 am

Novokria wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Rubbish. The president cannot make law.

Why shouldnt same sex marriage be called as such?

Because intended for Marriage to between a Man and a Woman to create new life and Homosexuals can't create new life so it's against the definition of Marriage


Sounds like time to redefine marriage.
Formerly Estanglia. Leftie ready to establish Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space CommunismTM under our Marxist Lord Soros.

Nine times out of ten, someone talking about any non-monolithic group as a homogenous, united entity is using them as a boogeyman.

Yeah: Egalitarianism, equality, pro-choice, social democracy
Meh: Labour, the EU
Nah: Pointless discrimination, authoritarianism, Brexit, Trump, both American parties, the Conservatives
I flop between "optimistic about the future" and "pessimistic about the future" every time I go on NSG.

User avatar
Istoreya
Diplomat
 
Posts: 862
Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Istoreya » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 am

Novokria wrote:
Istoreya wrote:Then we shall change the definition because words can change meaning. Also, marriage is available to infertile straight couples.

Well i don't really support infertile straights marrying that is not right they should also just have civil unions

Or maybe they could just get married because marriage doesn't have to be about having children.

User avatar
Odreria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1531
Founded: Jun 15, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Odreria » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 am

Caraani wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Tbf, the Patriarch of Romania under Ceausescu was an ally of the Communist Party long-before they took power.

I just checked, and, as common sense dictated, what you said is impossible. There were four patriarchs in Romania during the period of the Socialist Republic. The first one was there before 1945, and remained there for three years, and the fourth one was there for decades after it fell. So, I don't know which patriarch of Romania that was an ally of the Communist Party long before they took power, you're talking about.

Lmfaooooo “I’m not sure who you mean, therefore it’s impossible”

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4060
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 am

Novokria wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Rubbish. The president cannot make law.

Why shouldnt same sex marriage be called as such?

Because intended for Marriage

Marriage's intent is for those involved to decide.
to between a Man and a Woman to create new life and Homosexuals can't create new life

1. Not all cishet couples can have children. Should the infertile and elderly be denied the right to marry?
2. Cis/trans gay couples can have biological children.
3. Surrogacy exists.
4. By this logic someone oughta get knocked up before the marriage is made official, shouldn't they?
so it's against the definition of Marriage

What definition are you reading?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
The Universal Hegemony
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Feb 15, 2021
Anarchy

Postby The Universal Hegemony » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:26 am

Anybody can justify anything they want.
✪✪✪ The Universal Hegemony of the Atlantic ✪✪✪
History is Ending, She Endures
A federal union of nation-states across the globe committed to liberal democracy, free enterprise, and human rights, in the year 1976 AD

✪✪✪
Supranational Federal Union of liberal democracies in a dystopian world where liberalism lost WW2. Inspired by OFN/USA from the HOI4 mod The New Order.
✪✪✪
Factbook
✪✪✪
OOC Explanation of the UHA
✪✪✪
OOC Overview of the individual behind UHA

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21011
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:27 am

Novokria wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Rubbish. The president cannot make law.

Why shouldnt same sex marriage be called as such?

Because intended for Marriage to between a Man and a Woman to create new life and Homosexuals can't create new life so it's against the definition of Marriage

Incredible. Everything you just said was wrong.
THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING SE
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Viceroy for The East Pacific

User avatar
Caraani
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1606
Founded: Oct 26, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Caraani » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:28 am

Punished UMN wrote:
Caraani wrote:That is literally wrong. Statistics show, they have increased. I think there's only one or two countries where it diminished. But in most they have increased, if by one or two digits.

Wrong:

Image

2013 - https://www.pewresearch.org/global/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/06/2013-Homosexuality-05.png
2019 - https://www.pewresearch.org/global/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/06/PG_2020.06.25_Global-Views-Homosexuality_0-04.png?w=398

Only Russia results slightly more homophobic, I will give you that. The rest seem to have increased. As I said, there aren't many countries where it has diminished, but there are some. My point still stands.
For: Things I say
Against: Things YOU say
Future writer and publisher of Fifty Shades of Empire
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
"Have you ever noticed when you're driving that anyone who's driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?!" - George Carlin

User avatar
Istoreya
Diplomat
 
Posts: 862
Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Istoreya » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:28 am

The Universal Hegemony wrote:Anybody can justify anything they want.

While true, that does not mean their justification attempts are valid and should hold any kind of weight in the overall operation of society.

User avatar
Novokria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 111
Founded: Feb 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Novokria » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 am

San Lumen wrote:
Novokria wrote:Because intended for Marriage to between a Man and a Woman to create new life and Homosexuals can't create new life so it's against the definition of Marriage


Says who?

God
America & Russia are two sides of the same poisonous coin

Zelensky is just another puppet of the Satanic American Imperialist Government

America is like the Cookie Monster but with Oil not Cookies

Svoboda, Ultra-Nationalism, Orthodox Christianity, Azov, Stepan Bandera, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine
Russia, Zelensky, Poland, Islam, Judaism, Communism, America, Multiculturalism, Democracy, Gay Marriage and Germany

User avatar
Eirkaunas
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Feb 23, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eirkaunas » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 am

It's simple, the LGBTQ community and their central tenets/lifestyle is perfectly fine. The Lord doesn't make mistakes, so these people are meant to be who they are. There is no bible verse that outlaws homosexuality. The infamous Leviticus verse is a reference to the Canaanite tradition of orgies, these orgies were the same thing that cause the Lord to destroy Sodom with fire and brimstone. The Canaanites were the spiritual and political enemies of the Israelite's, God's people, so what they did became un-Godly.

Now if you want to look at this issue through a secular scope, then let's discuss anthropological and sociological explanations. Modern Sociologists actually think that in order for our society to thrive, there should be heterogeneity in sexual orientation. This is a common occurrence in nature, therefore, it is natural.

Thanks,
Eirkaunas

User avatar
San Lumen
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 56339
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:29 am

Novokria wrote:
Istoreya wrote:Then we shall change the definition because words can change meaning. Also, marriage is available to infertile straight couples.

Well i don't really support infertile straights marrying that is not right they should also just have civil unions

so unless one intents to or can have children they shouldnt be allowed to marry?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kilobugya, Miku the Based, Montrali, Nilokeras, Shanghai industrial complex

Advertisement

Remove ads