NATION

PASSWORD

The Problem With “Moderates”

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:07 pm

The Marlborough wrote:Most people want to deal with wealth inequality by reducing it, not eliminating it. People are generally okay with a stable and healthy level of wealth differences. When it comes to climate change it's hard because much of our standard of living is driven by the amount of energy we're using and people are generally averse to reducing their standard of living for understandable reasons.

And that is a huge problem because band aid solutions will not and should not work
Progressive, cosmopolitan, gay, a firm believer in science and extremely against neo-liberalism. African-American with Somalian background.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:08 pm

i think my mind is genuinely beginning to tear apart the deeper i go into this thread
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 pm

Mannixa Prime wrote:
The Marlborough wrote:Most people want to deal with wealth inequality by reducing it, not eliminating it. People are generally okay with a stable and healthy level of wealth differences. When it comes to climate change it's hard because much of our standard of living is driven by the amount of energy we're using and people are generally averse to reducing their standard of living for understandable reasons.

And that is a huge problem because band aid solutions will not and should not work

How is a stable level of wealth inequality a problem?
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 pm

National Capitalist United States wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Nobody thinks the elite is motivated by racial prejudice

Some retards on twitter do think that racism is caused by capitalism

Racism is perpetuated by capitalism.
Last edited by Alcala-Cordel on Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:10 pm

Atheris wrote:i think my mind is genuinely beginning to tear apart the deeper i go into this thread

It didn't seem so bad at first, but the more I read the more I agree with Kowani.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Atheris wrote:i think my mind is genuinely beginning to tear apart the deeper i go into this thread

It didn't seem so bad at first, but the more I read the more I agree with Kowani.

Trust me I feel the same about the moderates proving my point
Progressive, cosmopolitan, gay, a firm believer in science and extremely against neo-liberalism. African-American with Somalian background.

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:12 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:

Same here. It seemed mostly fine a little while ago but I come back and OP's denying 9/11... what

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:13 pm

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:It didn't seem so bad at first, but the more I read the more I agree with Kowani.

Trust me I feel the same about the moderates proving my point

I get the sense that you would think pretty much anything "proves your point."

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:13 pm

Alcala-Cordel wrote:
National Capitalist United States wrote:Some retards on twitter do think that racism is caused by capitalism

Racism is perpetuated by human nature

People pretend otherwise because it’s easier to fight methed out chuds instead of the one percent.

National Capitalist United States
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby National Capitalist United States » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:13 pm

Alcala-Cordel wrote:
National Capitalist United States wrote:Some retards on twitter do think that racism is caused by capitalism

How?
Entrepreneurial Freedom Zone

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:15 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Mannixa Prime wrote:Trust me I feel the same about the moderates proving my point

I get the sense that you would think pretty much anything "proves your point."

I get the sense that anything that isn’t spineless neoliberalism isn’t tolerated

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:16 pm

Alcala-Cordel wrote:Racism is perpetuated by capitalism.

How?

Some crops were profitable.

Profits were maximized with use of slaves.

Africans made great slaves (Whites didn't like being slaves and Amerindians were dying off).

Driving a wedge between poor Whites and enslaved Blacks was beneficial for the wealthy.

And then, inertia.

This is probably simplified to an absurdity.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:17 pm

Mannixa Prime wrote:

People pretend otherwise because it’s easier to fight methed out chuds instead of the one percent.

Racism has only existed for the past 400ish years.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:17 pm

How?

I mean, this isn't a particularly radical claim. We know that capital has traditionally been distributed unevenly along racial lines. And we know that a great way to acquire capital is to have a lot of it already, and that capital tends to remain within wealthy families and get passed down generationally.

So it's not an inherent quality of capitalism, but it's obvious that capitalism would have this effect in practice.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:19 pm

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:I get the sense that you would think pretty much anything "proves your point."

I get the sense that anything that isn’t spineless neoliberalism isn’t tolerated

I mean, I didn't think I was a neoliberal before. But not believing in stupid 9/11 conspiracy theories makes me one, I guess.

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:19 pm

How?

Mannixa Prime wrote:

It's not human nature.

Racism was around before then, but it really took off when wealthy slaveowners noticed the poor sympthizing with the enslaved so they worked to establish false solidarity through skin color.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby National Capitalist United States » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:20 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
National Capitalist United States wrote:How?

I mean, this isn't a particularly radical claim. We know that capital has traditionally been distributed unevenly along racial lines. And we know that a great way to acquire capital is to have a lot of it already, and that capital tends to remain within wealthy families and get passed down generationally.

So it's not an inherent quality of capitalism, but it's obvious that capitalism would have this effect in practice.

Ok that makes more sense, thanks.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:20 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:

Some crops were profitable.

Profits were maximized with use of slaves.

Africans made great slaves (Whites didn't like being slaves and Amerindians were dying off).

Driving a wedge between poor Whites and enslaved Blacks was beneficial for the wealthy.

And then, inertia.

This is probably simplified to an absurdity.

Slaves cost more than workers. It's not profitable to own slaves nor is it moral.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:20 pm

Moderates have issues, but I don’t think it was ever the moderates line up political prisoners against a wall, or marching ethnic minorities into ditches, or bearing swords and words of hatred that lead to the slaughter of others.

There is a time and a place for extremism, but that will can easily be knocked off the track and result in the same pain and suffer that it sought to prevent.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby National Capitalist United States » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Atheris wrote:9/11 wasn't a false flag. This is disgusting to say.

Yes it was an event manufactured by the American elite to give corporations especially oil and gas along with weapons manufacturers more power.

Nah, your crack and tinfoil hat were manufactured. 9/11 was not
Last edited by National Capitalist United States on Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Chinese Communes
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Chinese Communes » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:22 pm

Alcala-Cordel wrote:

Mannixa Prime wrote:Racism is perpetuated by human nature

It's not human nature.

Racism was around before then, but it really took off when wealthy slaveowners noticed the poor sympthizing with the enslaved so they worked to establish false solidarity through skin color.

I would say that racism took off to help justify imperialism and colonialism, of which slavery was of course a component. That said, colonial-imperialism was a vital factor in the development of capitalism.
|★ ☭ ★ United Chinese Communes ★ ☭ ★|
The East is Red!

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:22 pm

Adamede wrote:Moderates have issues, but I don’t think it was ever the moderates line up political prisoners against a wall, or marching ethnic minorities into ditches, or bearing swords and words of hatred that lead to the slaughter of others.

There is a time and a place for extremism, but that will can easily be knocked off the track and result in the same pain and suffer that it sought to prevent.

Moderates just have this habit of repeatedly allowing (and sometimes helping) the far right into power and allowing people to suffer by supporting the status quo
United Chinese Communes wrote:
Alcala-Cordel wrote:
It's not human nature.

I would say that racism took off to help justify imperialism and colonialism, of which slavery was of course a component. That said, colonial-imperialism was a vital factor in the development of capitalism.

I'd agree with that
Last edited by Alcala-Cordel on Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:22 pm

Adamede wrote:Moderates have issues, but I don’t think it was ever the moderates line up political prisoners against a wall, or marching ethnic minorities into ditches, or bearing swords and words of hatred that lead to the slaughter of others.

No your right, the only bad thing moderates are doing is destroying the environment and ensuring people starve

God these type of posts just kill me

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:23 pm

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Yes it was an event manufactured by the American elite to give corporations especially oil and gas along with weapons manufacturers more power.

Nah, your crack was manufactured. 9/11 was not

“National Capitalist United States”

:rofl:

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:24 pm

West Leas Oros, is that you?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General