NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics IV: 1400 Reasons Why(A Stimulus Serial)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
San Lumen
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 56339
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:11 am

Echo Chamber Thought Police wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Why can’t senators do the same and stop being such cowards?

They would get censured and subsequently primaried. Their careers would be over


So what? Convicting is the right thing to do. And who says they would all definitely lose a primary? Some senators aren’t up next year or are retiring.

Shelby and Toomey have nothing to lose as they are retiring.
Last edited by San Lumen on Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Loeje
Envoy
 
Posts: 305
Founded: Feb 02, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Loeje » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:13 am

Echo Chamber Thought Police wrote:
Loeje wrote:A new thread already?


I think that would be a sacrifice they should make.

some have even been disowned by their own *families* for doing so

i can absolutely see why the congressional GOP have been so strongly against this considering the consequences of supporting it

I'm aware of the consequences. But, honestly, they chose to be in Congress to begin with and they gave themselves the duty to defend the Constitution. That's what they should do now. I would personally support every Republican who votes to convict.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8
Gen has a shiny new nation. Its name is Loeje.

User avatar
Vassenor
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 56107
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vassenor » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:15 am

Loeje wrote:
Echo Chamber Thought Police wrote:some have even been disowned by their own *families* for doing so

i can absolutely see why the congressional GOP have been so strongly against this considering the consequences of supporting it

I'm aware of the consequences. But, honestly, they chose to be in Congress to begin with and they gave themselves the duty to defend the Constitution. That's what they should do now. I would personally support every Republican who votes to convict.


The GOP is all about Loyalty to Party over Country, which has since shifted to "personal loyalty to Dear Leader Trump uber alles".
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

User avatar
Loeje
Envoy
 
Posts: 305
Founded: Feb 02, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Loeje » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:18 am

Vassenor wrote:
Loeje wrote:I'm aware of the consequences. But, honestly, they chose to be in Congress to begin with and they gave themselves the duty to defend the Constitution. That's what they should do now. I would personally support every Republican who votes to convict.


The GOP is all about Loyalty to Party over Country, which has since shifted to "personal loyalty to Dear Leader Trump uber alles".

They swore an oath and they have a responsibility. And it's not to Trump or the GOP.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8
Gen has a shiny new nation. Its name is Loeje.

User avatar
WeeTurds
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Feb 12, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby WeeTurds » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:20 am

Greater Miami Shores wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:Since you asked and only since you asked and for the official NS Post Record and my Post Records.

Did Democrats storm the US Capitol while chanting about killing the Vice President? No.

Did President Trump lie about election fraud, tell extremist groups to stand by, tell people to fight like hell, not deploy the national guard, and continue to encourage the crowd after they broke into the capital? Yes.

Trump once saying to protest peacefully doesn't absolve him of responsibility for setting the date, priming the crowd, and then aiming them at the capital.

To all my fellow Persons on NS, Please answer the questions and you may add your comments.

01 - Did Democrat Maxine Waters urge harassment of Trump supporters and government officials, as I showed with a video link on my previous post? Yes she did.

02 - Did Democrat Chuck Schumer threaten US Supreme Court Justices as the video I posted shows? Yes he did.

03 - Did biased, partisan, anti Republicans, anti Trump Democrat Adam Schiff twist Republican President Trump's words to make it sound bad and sound like a mafia boss, as I showed with a video link on my previous post? Yes he did.

04 - Did Democrat Nancy Pelosi tore up a copy of Republican President Trump's State of The Union Speech as I showed with a video link on my previous post? Yes she did,

Here we go again, lol. Democrats did not storm the Capitol Building, No.

Did President Trump lie about election fraud, President Trump has a right as an American citizen to charge the Democrats with massive election fraud against him if he believes so, election fraud or no election fraud, just like Democrat Al Gore charged the Republicans of massive election fraud in Florida.

I remember there were Pro Republican and Pro Democrat demonstrations of supporters for both sides.

There is a video of Democrats, President Obama, Hillary, Barbara Boxer and Stephanie Tubbs Jones objecting to the electoral college votes for President George Bush while claiming massive Republican vote fraud. They can do it for the Democrats and so can Republicans for President Trump:
https://rumble.com/vcgml9-obama-and-hil ... -2005.html

President Trump did say fight like hell, but he did not mean commit violence, he means back him up politically. But the biased, partisan, anti Republicans, anti Trump Democrats want to turn it into fight violently, because they hate him. Anything to hurt President Trump Personally and Politically, lets admit it, lets all admit it? I admit it.

Republican Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, said, if we are going to turn fight like hell, into fight violently, than all 100 US Senators are guilty of the same thing at one time or another.

President Trump did denounce the violence and protestors, I saw it and many persons saw it.

05 - Did President Trump say storm the Capitol and Building, cause damage and kill persons? No.

06 - Did most Pro Trump Republican supporters who heard the speech storm the Capitol Building, cause damage and kill persons? No.

07 - Did most Pro Trump Republican supporters who heard the speech commit any acts of violence? No.

08 - Did President Trump say Protest Peacefully and Patriotically? Yes.

09 - Did the biased, partisan, anti Republicans, anti Trump, Democrat Impeachment Managers leave President Trump's statement of Protest Peacefully and Patriotically out? Yes they did.

10 - Why did the Democrat Impeachment Managers leave out President Trump's statement of Protest Peacefully and Patriotically? Because it does not fit their goals, narratives and premises they are trying to create to hurt President Trump, this is a Fact, lets admit it, lets all admit it? I admit it.

11 - Have certain Democrat members of congress said they want to impeach and convict President Trump so he cant run for President again if he wishes too? Yes they did.

12 - Did the Democrats impeach Republican President Trump the first time for political reasons and hate? I say Yes. My, family, friends and millions of American citizens strongly agree with me, I am not the only one.

13 - Did the Democrats impeach Republican President Trump the second time for political reasons and hate? M family, friends and millions of American citizens strongly agree with me, I am not the only one.

14 - Are the unethical Democrats facing charges and potential impeachment expulsion from Congress from the so called ethical Democrats of values? No.

This is nothing but a biased, partisan, political, anti Trump Trial by the Democrats, based on personal and political hate.

GMS


So, are we just ignoring the fact that he said that they should 'fight', spread misinformation about election fraud, which made many republican followers inclined to believe that the election was stolen? Clearly. Are we also ignoring the fact that many americans arrived at the capitol in camo gear, while this doesn't necessarily mean that they meant to kill Pelosi, Pence, etc. but it certainly shows, to an english person like me, that many of those people had guns, and arrived at the capitol with the intention of killing somebody that Trump had a hissy fit about. To an english person, guns and setting up a place to hang somebody (the name of this machine has escaped me) shows that they had the intention of killing somebody who trump did not like. It was not justified, and trump encouraged those people to go to the capitol. Many news outlets have released phone signal data, which shows most signal in the area, go from trump's rally, to the capitol, which, coincidentally perhaps, was stormed the same day.

User avatar
Echo Chamber Thought Police
Diplomat
 
Posts: 935
Founded: Jan 25, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Echo Chamber Thought Police » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:22 am

Vassenor wrote:
Loeje wrote:I'm aware of the consequences. But, honestly, they chose to be in Congress to begin with and they gave themselves the duty to defend the Constitution. That's what they should do now. I would personally support every Republican who votes to convict.


The GOP is all about Loyalty to Party over Country, which has since shifted to "personal loyalty to Dear Leader Trump uber alles".

^ why we need to dismantle the two party system

the dems should be split between a socdem party and a liberal party, and the GOP between a nationalist trumpite party and a conservative party.
Add circa 10,000 posts on to current account, founded May 14th 2018. Agarntrop is other account.
LOHG: A UK-based political RP
OCCUPY THE HEDGEFUNDS - INVEST IN GAMESTOP
Left-leaning Social Democrat
You Have No Authority Here, Jackie Weaver

User avatar
Vassenor
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 56107
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vassenor » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:23 am

WeeTurds wrote:
Greater Miami Shores wrote:To all my fellow Persons on NS, Please answer the questions and you may add your comments.

01 - Did Democrat Maxine Waters urge harassment of Trump supporters and government officials, as I showed with a video link on my previous post? Yes she did.

02 - Did Democrat Chuck Schumer threaten US Supreme Court Justices as the video I posted shows? Yes he did.

03 - Did biased, partisan, anti Republicans, anti Trump Democrat Adam Schiff twist Republican President Trump's words to make it sound bad and sound like a mafia boss, as I showed with a video link on my previous post? Yes he did.

04 - Did Democrat Nancy Pelosi tore up a copy of Republican President Trump's State of The Union Speech as I showed with a video link on my previous post? Yes she did,

Here we go again, lol. Democrats did not storm the Capitol Building, No.

Did President Trump lie about election fraud, President Trump has a right as an American citizen to charge the Democrats with massive election fraud against him if he believes so, election fraud or no election fraud, just like Democrat Al Gore charged the Republicans of massive election fraud in Florida.

I remember there were Pro Republican and Pro Democrat demonstrations of supporters for both sides.

There is a video of Democrats, President Obama, Hillary, Barbara Boxer and Stephanie Tubbs Jones objecting to the electoral college votes for President George Bush while claiming massive Republican vote fraud. They can do it for the Democrats and so can Republicans for President Trump:
https://rumble.com/vcgml9-obama-and-hil ... -2005.html

President Trump did say fight like hell, but he did not mean commit violence, he means back him up politically. But the biased, partisan, anti Republicans, anti Trump Democrats want to turn it into fight violently, because they hate him. Anything to hurt President Trump Personally and Politically, lets admit it, lets all admit it? I admit it.

Republican Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, said, if we are going to turn fight like hell, into fight violently, than all 100 US Senators are guilty of the same thing at one time or another.

President Trump did denounce the violence and protestors, I saw it and many persons saw it.

05 - Did President Trump say storm the Capitol and Building, cause damage and kill persons? No.

06 - Did most Pro Trump Republican supporters who heard the speech storm the Capitol Building, cause damage and kill persons? No.

07 - Did most Pro Trump Republican supporters who heard the speech commit any acts of violence? No.

08 - Did President Trump say Protest Peacefully and Patriotically? Yes.

09 - Did the biased, partisan, anti Republicans, anti Trump, Democrat Impeachment Managers leave President Trump's statement of Protest Peacefully and Patriotically out? Yes they did.

10 - Why did the Democrat Impeachment Managers leave out President Trump's statement of Protest Peacefully and Patriotically? Because it does not fit their goals, narratives and premises they are trying to create to hurt President Trump, this is a Fact, lets admit it, lets all admit it? I admit it.

11 - Have certain Democrat members of congress said they want to impeach and convict President Trump so he cant run for President again if he wishes too? Yes they did.

12 - Did the Democrats impeach Republican President Trump the first time for political reasons and hate? I say Yes. My, family, friends and millions of American citizens strongly agree with me, I am not the only one.

13 - Did the Democrats impeach Republican President Trump the second time for political reasons and hate? M family, friends and millions of American citizens strongly agree with me, I am not the only one.

14 - Are the unethical Democrats facing charges and potential impeachment expulsion from Congress from the so called ethical Democrats of values? No.

This is nothing but a biased, partisan, political, anti Trump Trial by the Democrats, based on personal and political hate.

GMS


So, are we just ignoring the fact that he said that they should 'fight', spread misinformation about election fraud, which made many republican followers inclined to believe that the election was stolen? Clearly. Are we also ignoring the fact that many americans arrived at the capitol in camo gear, while this doesn't necessarily mean that they meant to kill Pelosi, Pence, etc. but it certainly shows, to an english person like me, that many of those people had guns, and arrived at the capitol with the intention of killing somebody that Trump had a hissy fit about. To an english person, guns and setting up a place to hang somebody (the name of this machine has escaped me) shows that they had the intention of killing somebody who trump did not like. It was not justified, and trump encouraged those people to go to the capitol. Many news outlets have released phone signal data, which shows most signal in the area, go from trump's rally, to the capitol, which, coincidentally perhaps, was stormed the same day.


Yes. Because he said "peacefully" once which countermands all of that. And because Pelosi tore a sheet of paper on TV once, which is a much more heinous act than actively trying to overthrow the government because you can't accept your side lost a free and fair election.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

User avatar
WeeTurds
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Feb 12, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby WeeTurds » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:25 am

Yes. Because he said "peacefully" once which countermands all of that. And because Pelosi tore a sheet of paper on TV once, which is a much more heinous act than actively trying to overthrow the government because you can't accept your side lost a free and fair election.[/quote]


Ohhhhhh right. Ok. It all makes sense now. Right. Thanks for making that clear to me. I can now clearly see that there is absolutely no grounds for conviction. Thanks v much.

User avatar
Istoreya
Diplomat
 
Posts: 862
Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Istoreya » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:28 am

Greater Miami Shores wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Your nonsense is irrelevant. If even a single rioter breached the Capitol on the 6th that is on Trump.

Just the answer I expected, excuses. My Cuban and Republican Trump Supporter Friends at the Pro Trump Stop The Election Steal Rally, heard the same speech and they were not influenced by the speech or by President Trump to storm the Capitol Building, cause damage to public or private property, or commit any acts of violence.

I pointed out in details most leftists protestors protested peacefully not violently. The few certain leftists and right wingers who protested violently are responsible for their own actions.

God made me do it, the devil made me do it, President Trump made me do it, the Republicans made me do it, Biden made me do it, the Democrats made me do it, are just excuses. They made themselves do it. No one told them to do so, no one forced them to do so. These are Facts.

Most Republican Trump supporters at the Trump Stop The Election Steal Rally, heard the same speech and they were not influenced by the speech or President Trump to storm the Capitol Building, cause damage to public or private property, or commit any acts of violence.

President Trump did not say storm the Capitol Building, commit violence, protest violently, he said Protest Peacefully and Patriotically. These are Facts. This is why the biased, partisan, anti Republicans, anti Trump Democrat Impeachment Managers cant prove their anti Trump case of hate.

This is why they did not prove their anti Trump case during the first Democrat impeachment attempt of hate. Just like they did not prove their anti Trump case against President Trump on the first Democrat Impeachment attempt of hate.

Democrat Senators charging Republican Trump supporters as terrorists, accomplices, not having moral ethical values, while claiming they have moral and ethical values, as if they have never said or committed unethical acts, like the ones I posted about with video links to prove my case.

I hope and we hope they expose them all for their hypocrisy claims of ethical and moral values, I am not the only one who has suggested this.

Just the answer I expected, excuses.

GMS.

Like anything YOU have to say isn't just excuses? It is all you have. You claim Trump didn't incite a riot because he didn't explicitly say "Go riot". That is an excuse.

You say that most of the protestors were there peacefully. That may be true, but it does not change the fact that there WERE people who were violent, who went in there with the intent to kidnap and to kill, because they believed that was what Trump wanted them to do. The number of people who were there peacefully holds no candle to the fact that there was violence, and people lost their lives. Using the "some peaceful protestors" argument is an excuse.

You claim Trump is not responsible for COVID deaths because Biden is in charge now. That's a bunch of bullshit and an excuse.

You say Trump is being impeached because the Democrats don't like him. That's partially true but you seem to forget that it was actually up to the Republicans to impeach him. Every Democrat was going to vote yes, they were relying on the Republicans to push it over what they needed for impeachment. And that happened because enough of the Republicans were scared for their lives after the mob that Trump sent to the Capitol with his words about fighting and stopping the steal of an election that wasn't stolen. But you say it's just because the Democrats don't like him. That's an excuse.

User avatar
WeeTurds
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Feb 12, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby WeeTurds » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:32 am

President Trump did denounce the violence and protestors, I saw it and many persons saw it.

Yes, I saw it too, but the main problem with that is the fact that the told them they were 'very special', which to any person with more that 4 braincells, indicates that he has been told to tell these white men & women to go home, rather than an actual, truthful message. Also, he told them that the election was stolen from them, and the democrats had stolen the election, further promoting this election fraud bs which he has no grounds for, which is likely to provoke republicans into commiting even omre insurrections, and acts of terror, as the storming of the capitol was. Sorry that i've made like 3 points on this but i get properly pissed off with idiots defending Orange Trump.

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5574
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:33 am

FFS guys ignore GMS, he is NOT worth it.
22 year old, male from Pennsylvania and proud of it. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay

Imagine being shocked that greed, corruption, and abuse of power is being used in politics, that's normal.
Ethics and morality are for the weak and spineless, and leads to a doomed failure in politics or any industry in general.
The media is a tool used by the two big political parties to fund propaganda, and the people who consume it are the sheep being used to fuel the continuing partisan divide.
Time for compromise is over, time to end the reign of corrupt politicians on all sides of politics and their crony capitalist bourgeoisie buddies through force.

User avatar
Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10520
Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:33 am

WeeTurds wrote:Yes. Because he said "peacefully" once which countermands all of that. And because Pelosi tore a sheet of paper on TV once, which is a much more heinous act than actively trying to overthrow the government because you can't accept your side lost a free and fair election.



Ohhhhhh right. Ok. It all makes sense now. Right. Thanks for making that clear to me. I can now clearly see that there is absolutely no grounds for conviction. Thanks v much.[/quote]

Tfw you tell people at the end of the speech to be peaceful after giving them a billion reasons not to be and making it clear you wouldn't be very upset if they got violent.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

User avatar
WeeTurds
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Feb 12, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby WeeTurds » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 am

Dresderstan wrote:FFS guys ignore GMS, he is NOT worth it.


Damn you have strong opinions about people throwing an egg about

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5574
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:37 am

WeeTurds wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:FFS guys ignore GMS, he is NOT worth it.


Damn you have strong opinions about people throwing an egg about

I didn't ask for your opinion.
22 year old, male from Pennsylvania and proud of it. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay

Imagine being shocked that greed, corruption, and abuse of power is being used in politics, that's normal.
Ethics and morality are for the weak and spineless, and leads to a doomed failure in politics or any industry in general.
The media is a tool used by the two big political parties to fund propaganda, and the people who consume it are the sheep being used to fuel the continuing partisan divide.
Time for compromise is over, time to end the reign of corrupt politicians on all sides of politics and their crony capitalist bourgeoisie buddies through force.

User avatar
A-Series-Of-Tubes
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1880
Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:39 am

Echo Chamber Thought Police wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Why can’t senators do the same and stop being such cowards?

They would get censured and subsequently primaried. Their careers would be over


I don't think they'd be censured. Maybe you mean "ostracized"?

Imo the risk of being primary'd is exaggerated. The Tea people did it to a bunch of Republicans in 2010, but when it worked it was only because the incumbent Republican had grown complacent and had spent too much time in Washington DC, leaving fertile ground for a grassroots (or astroturfed; TEA had a lot of dark money) candidate to go in hard from a short run-up and take the primary off them. TEA also targeted well, something I doubt Trump is capable of.

Any Republican now probably knows if they're a primary target, and the party will give them whatever help they need (including earmarks) to prepare for the next primary. The element of surprise which worked for TEA in 2010 is quite lacking for Trump and he could blow a lot of Other People's Money for nothing at all.

Another thing is that "party loyalty" is almost non-existent for a candidate boosted into office by an individual or brand-new party. Once elected they realize it's a choice between one term trying to speak for the individual/party that helped them get elected, or going their own way and trying their best to get re-elected without help. Even if Trump does unseat some Republicans, his terrible record at picking winners and personal record of disloyalty makes it unlikely someone he helped into office will pay much attention to what he wants.

In short, some but not all R Senators whose terms end in 2023 or 2025 do have to look out for Trumpist challengers, but they know that already and have plenty of time to please the Republican voters of their state. And even if they do lose their primary, a Trumpist doesn't necessarily win their State. And even then, a Trumpist is unlikely to stay loyal to his pussy-grabbing values or his puerile principles. In short, the risk of primary challenges in the Senate is rather minimal.

In the House, there could be some trouble for Republicans who aren't wary. And, maybe some Democrats! With party registration being quite a weak indicator of party loyalty, political nobodies funded by Trump could primary Democrats too. They should all be wary!
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

User avatar
WeeTurds
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Feb 12, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby WeeTurds » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:39 am

Dresderstan wrote:
WeeTurds wrote:
Damn you have strong opinions about people throwing an egg about

I didn't ask for your opinion.


hehehehehehehehehe. Btw football is better. And that's actual football, not eggball.

User avatar
National Capitalist United States
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby National Capitalist United States » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:39 am

Dresderstan wrote:FFS guys ignore GMS, he is NOT worth it.

Unfortunately, many people here are keyboard warriors and won't go away until the other person leaves
Entrepreneurial Freedom Zone

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

User avatar
WeeTurds
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Feb 12, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby WeeTurds » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:42 am

National Capitalist United States wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:FFS guys ignore GMS, he is NOT worth it.

Unfortunately, many people here are keyboard warriors and won't go away until the other person leaves

TBH i'm mainly here to laugh at americans who think that a completely fair election was stolen because of the words of an orange muppet, i'm not a keyboard warrior, I just find idiotic people highly amusing.

User avatar
National Capitalist United States
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby National Capitalist United States » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:43 am

WeeTurds wrote:
National Capitalist United States wrote:Unfortunately, many people here are keyboard warriors and won't go away until the other person leaves

TBH i'm mainly here to laugh at americans who think that a completely fair election was stolen because of the words of an orange muppet, i'm not a keyboard warrior, I just find idiotic people highly amusing.

I wasn't saying you were a keyboard warrior. But yeah, people like GMS are pretty funny
Entrepreneurial Freedom Zone

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 143963
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ifreann » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:45 am

Istoreya wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:
I think the defense "I dropped 100 guns on the street, but only 1 was used for murder," is not a great defense. Sure not everyone who voted for Trump stormed the capital, but the people who did storm the capitol were waving Trump flags, came from a Trump rally, and were responding to Trump's call to pressure Pense and representatives to do something they had no legal power to do.

But sure, Trump said once to peacefully protest. That totally overdoses him saying people had to fight or their country would be stolen. He told violent extremists, who showed up at the riot, to stand by.

Trump took hours to respond, and he didn't deploy the national guard to respond to the emergency. But sure, he told them to leave eventually so all is forgiven.

You can complain about Democratic being nasty to Trump, but they didn't storm the capital while calling to kill the vice president.

It also completely ignores the fact that this isn't the only violence that Trump spurred on. Granted nobody actually died - but that was because the men were caught before they could actually kidnap and execute Governor Whitmer.

Trump has been a strong advocate for the violent response to any problem, real or perceived, since well before he was president. He took out a full page ad in the NYT calling for the execution of the Central Park Five, something for which he never apologised, even though those men were proven innocent and released from prison. When Iranian sailors shouted insults at a passing US Navy vessel, Trump called in to Fox to say that the American vessel should have opened fire. During his rallies Trump waxed nostalgic about how in the good old days, protesters would have been taken out on a stretcher. He promised to cover the legal fees of any of his supporters who got in trouble for assaulting protesters, one of many promises he never fulfilled. In his trademark stupid, rambling style, he told police officers that with him in charge, they could batter arrested suspects and get away with it.

Of course people knew what he wanted when he told them to march on the Capitol. He'd been telling them what he wanted for years.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Regular Thorough Handwashing For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Mask Wearing That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Social Distancing
He/Him

You've got a lonesome road to walk, and it ain't along the railroad track, and it ain't along the black-top tar you walked a hundred times before.
I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, likewise the road to ruin.

User avatar
Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10520
Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:45 am

National Capitalist United States wrote:
WeeTurds wrote:TBH i'm mainly here to laugh at americans who think that a completely fair election was stolen because of the words of an orange muppet, i'm not a keyboard warrior, I just find idiotic people highly amusing.

I wasn't saying you were a keyboard warrior. But yeah, people like GMS are pretty funny


I think I'm gonna take the piss.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 143963
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ifreann » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:49 am

Loeje wrote:A new thread already?

Echo Chamber Thought Police wrote:They would get censured and subsequently primaried. Their careers would be over

I think that would be a sacrifice they should make.

People inclined to sacrifice their political career in the pursuit of justice don't tend to become Republican senators.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Regular Thorough Handwashing For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Mask Wearing That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Social Distancing
He/Him

You've got a lonesome road to walk, and it ain't along the railroad track, and it ain't along the black-top tar you walked a hundred times before.
I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, likewise the road to ruin.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34448
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:52 am

Gravlen wrote:
Comerciante wrote:Okay, I just gotta say are we really moving on from those nuclear codes real talk?

I mean what the fuck man? WTF.


Yeah, I think this deserves a repost in this brand new thread:

Gravlen wrote:This is the headline you want to see:

Military officials were unaware of potential danger to Pence's 'nuclear football' during Capitol riot
Military officials overseeing the authorization process to launch nuclear weapons were unaware on January 6 that then-Vice President Mike Pence's military aide carrying the "nuclear football" was potentially in danger as rioters got close during the violent Capitol insurrection, according to a defense official.

The vice president is always accompanied by a backup of the "football," which contains the equipment to carry out orders to launch a nuclear strike. It must be ready at all times and is identical to what the president carries, in case he becomes incapacitated.

US Strategic Command became aware of the gravity of the incident after seeing a video played at the Senate impeachment trial Wednesday showing Pence, his Secret Service agents and a military officer carrying the briefcase with classified nuclear launch information running down a flight of stairs inside the Capitol to get to safety, the official said.

"As the rioters reached the top of the stairs, they were within 100 feet of where the vice president was sheltering with his family, and they were just feet away from one of the doors to this chamber," Del. Stacey Plaskett, one of the impeachment managers, explained in the senate trial on Wednesday. In one video, the crowd can be heard chanting "Hang Mike Pence" as they stand in an open doorway of the Capitol.


When terrorists from 8chan and Qanon almost had the most deadly wepons in all humanities history.
Wash your hands, stay indoors and, put on a mask
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwikiWA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa) WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third placeA love letter to NS
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.
Biden 2020
May 31st 2020, American police shoot people standing on there own property. June 2nd, 2020 Trump administration tear gasses peaceful protesters to get a photo op. (alt source)

User avatar
Loeje
Envoy
 
Posts: 305
Founded: Feb 02, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Loeje » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:54 am

Ifreann wrote:
Loeje wrote:A new thread already?


I think that would be a sacrifice they should make.

People inclined to sacrifice their political career in the pursuit of justice don't tend to become Republican senators.

Then they shouldn't become senators at all. They knew that it would involve sacrifice.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8
Gen has a shiny new nation. Its name is Loeje.

User avatar
Echo Chamber Thought Police
Diplomat
 
Posts: 935
Founded: Jan 25, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Echo Chamber Thought Police » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:55 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:
Echo Chamber Thought Police wrote:They would get censured and subsequently primaried. Their careers would be over


I don't think they'd be censured. Maybe you mean "ostracized"?

Imo the risk of being primary'd is exaggerated. The Tea people did it to a bunch of Republicans in 2010, but when it worked it was only because the incumbent Republican had grown complacent and had spent too much time in Washington DC, leaving fertile ground for a grassroots (or astroturfed; TEA had a lot of dark money) candidate to go in hard from a short run-up and take the primary off them. TEA also targeted well, something I doubt Trump is capable of.

Any Republican now probably knows if they're a primary target, and the party will give them whatever help they need (including earmarks) to prepare for the next primary. The element of surprise which worked for TEA in 2010 is quite lacking for Trump and he could blow a lot of Other People's Money for nothing at all.

Another thing is that "party loyalty" is almost non-existent for a candidate boosted into office by an individual or brand-new party. Once elected they realize it's a choice between one term trying to speak for the individual/party that helped them get elected, or going their own way and trying their best to get re-elected without help. Even if Trump does unseat some Republicans, his terrible record at picking winners and personal record of disloyalty makes it unlikely someone he helped into office will pay much attention to what he wants.

In short, some but not all R Senators whose terms end in 2023 or 2025 do have to look out for Trumpist challengers, but they know that already and have plenty of time to please the Republican voters of their state. And even if they do lose their primary, a Trumpist doesn't necessarily win their State. And even then, a Trumpist is unlikely to stay loyal to his pussy-grabbing values or his puerile principles. In short, the risk of primary challenges in the Senate is rather minimal.

In the House, there could be some trouble for Republicans who aren't wary. And, maybe some Democrats! With party registration being quite a weak indicator of party loyalty, political nobodies funded by Trump could primary Democrats too. They should all be wary!

many of them have already been censured in the house

literally every state gop apart from like utah and maybe alaska considering how erratic that state is politically is full of trump cultists and will remove anti-trump candidates in the primaries

even in Massachusetts the state gop censured the governor for being anti trump
Add circa 10,000 posts on to current account, founded May 14th 2018. Agarntrop is other account.
LOHG: A UK-based political RP
OCCUPY THE HEDGEFUNDS - INVEST IN GAMESTOP
Left-leaning Social Democrat
You Have No Authority Here, Jackie Weaver

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A-Series-Of-Tubes, Darqas, Ebrilond, Google Adsense [Bot], ImperialRussia, Kilobugya, Montrali, Orostan, Ramalia Shanatopian, Shanghai industrial complex, Sungoldy-China, Turth

Advertisement

Remove ads