NATION

PASSWORD

French government denounces American Woke Left

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 pm

Fedel wrote:
Cordel One wrote:Right, because the Woke Left is denying people their God-given rights to call for genocide and promote conspiracies on the internet.

The internet exists as an alternative avenue of communication that more and more people are turning to and due to private entities getting to set their own policies, they are shaping a large amount of the communication that occurs between human beings and having an undue amount of influence on how people think as a result ( why do you think totalitarian regimes like China are so wary of these sites? ) thereby circumventing the first amendment and its intended function. Even more problematic, those on the woke left realize how useful of a toll this is in shaping public thought and will not rescind protections from them that keep them from being treated as a publisher of content when that's exactly what they are since they dictate what is and isn't allowed to be published on their sites. Quite terrifying.

And just like the real world there are some things you can't say and do. You can criticize the state under the first amendment, but you can't yell "fire" in a crowd or threaten to kill minorities (unless you're a cop). It doesn't allow you to say whatever you want wherever you want irl, and the same goes for people online. There have always been rules, and because the internet has allowed us to reach more people some new ones need to be thrown in. It was lack of proper moderation that allowed the qanon conspiracy to spread so widely, and it's why YouTube comment sections are such toxic cesspools. I'd rather not have that toxicity spread everywhere else, it's bad enough as it is. As much as I hae private entities, they should not be required to let people say whatever they want.
Cordel One wrote:It's at this point that I'm almost postitive you don't know the difference between liberalism and leftism. "Under no pretext..."

I don't believe I compared liberalism or leftism. I mentioned "woke left for lack of a better term" ( in the context of a thread about the "Woke Left" ). If you have a better term you'd prefer me to use, feel free to offer it up and I'll take it under consideration.

>liberal
Cordel One wrote:Not exactly. Liberal politians will often make pointless symbolic gestures while claiming to be their allies, but the reality is they're not much better than their opposition and will push many of the same policies that systematically harm minorities. Rightism always goes after some minorities.

Of course. They don't actually care about "helping." They care about gaining power and never letting it go.

yup.
Last edited by Cordel One on Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:17 pm

Esheaun Stroakuss wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:
What's your alternative?

Call it what it is. Performative activism.

Like...political theatre?

By woke Left do we mean the Left in general or the world according to Twitter?

The latter would be closer, though it's more about the regressive left which (among many other things) likes to paint all political opponents with the same brush by calling them Nazis or threatening to publically do so.

I wouldn't insult the left-wing by implying that they're all woke.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Cordel One
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:18 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:
Cordel One wrote:Right, because people are entitled to the ability to call for genocide and promote conspiracies.

yes they are read the first amendment

1) The constitution can burn for all I care
2) The first amendment doesn't allow people to say whatever they want.

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:18 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:yes they are read the first amendment

okay but what if I don't care
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Cordel One
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:21 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:
Cordel One wrote:1) The constitution can burn for all I care

okay but what if I don't care

Then don't try to use the constitution to defend your viewpoint.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:22 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:okay but what if I don't care

Then don't try to use the constitution to defend your viewpoint.

our first agreement
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:23 pm

Cordel One wrote:And just like the real world there are some things you can't say and do. You can criticize the state under the first amendment, but you can't yell "fire" in a crowd or threaten to kill minorities (unless you're a cop). It doesn't allow you to say whatever you want wherever you want irl, and the same goes for people online. There have always been rules, and because the internet has allowed us to reach more people some new ones need to be thrown in. It was lack of proper moderation that allowed the qanon conspiracy to spread so widely, and it's why YouTube comment sections are such toxic cesspools. I'd rather not have that toxicity spread everywhere else, it's bad enough as it is. As much as I hae private entities, they should not be required to let people say whatever they want.

You seriously don't see a difference between restrictions like "not crying fire in a crowded movie theater when there's no fire" and having your ability to communicate on a platform removed because you noted that the growing intolerance for people with a different political opinion is not dissimilar to that of the intolerance for jews that was encouraged in Germany? Even if you see the second statement as abhorrent, can you not understand why those are two very different statements with very different purposes.

Cordel One wrote:>liberal

And I'm sure liberals here will get mad at me for using that term. Doesn't really matter though.
Last edited by Fedel on Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cordel One
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:26 pm

Fedel wrote:4
Cordel One wrote:And just like the real world there are some things you can't say and do. You can criticize the state under the first amendment, but you can't yell "fire" in a crowd or threaten to kill minorities (unless you're a cop). It doesn't allow you to say whatever you want wherever you want irl, and the same goes for people online. There have always been rules, and because the internet has allowed us to reach more people some new ones need to be thrown in. It was lack of proper moderation that allowed the qanon conspiracy to spread so widely, and it's why YouTube comment sections are such toxic cesspools. I'd rather not have that toxicity spread everywhere else, it's bad enough as it is. As much as I hae private entities, they should not be required to let people say whatever they want.

You seriously don't see a difference between restrictions like "not crying fire in a crowded movie theater when there's no fire" and having your ability to communicate removed because you noted that the growing intolerance for people with a different political opinion is not unlike that of the intolerance for jews? Even if you see the second statement as abhorrent, can you not understand why those are two very different statements with very different purposes.

I see the difference, but it's a relevant comparison. Comparing hating racism to hating Jews, on the other hand, is not.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Cordel One wrote:

is this coming from a place of authoritarianism, or...

it kinda does though, it actually explicitly prevents the government from placing restrictions on speech, religion, the press, petition, and peaceful assembly
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Fedel wrote:4

You seriously don't see a difference between restrictions like "not crying fire in a crowded movie theater when there's no fire" and having your ability to communicate removed because you noted that the growing intolerance for people with a different political opinion is not unlike that of the intolerance for jews? Even if you see the second statement as abhorrent, can you not understand why those are two very different statements with very different purposes.

I see the difference, but it's a relevant comparison. Comparing hating racism to hating Jews, on the other hand, is not.

I think a lot of "liberals" ( to use the term you requested ) support these prejudiced policies unknowingly. I know my sisters do anyways. It doesn't change the fact that their support leads to an abhorrent outcome that increases racial tensions and division in the country in order to simply allow one political party to achieve a monopoly on power.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:32 pm

Proctopeo wrote:

it kinda does though, it actually explicitly prevents the government from placing restrictions on speech, religion, the press, petition, and peaceful assembly

They're noting the one bit that essentially doesn't let you endanger people knowingly by setting up a situation where it is very likely people will get physically injured in response to your words. They sought to conflate the morale/ideological positions these social media companies take with that exception.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:32 pm

Proctopeo wrote:

I don't think they believe they hold authoritarian views but regardless I don't like them and they are bad because I said so
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:35 pm

Cordel One wrote:

The Constitution has amendments including universal suffrage (including one dedicated to female suffrage), the outlaw of slavery, and the Bill of Rights. Those aren't horrible things.

Yes, freedom of speech has its limits. You can't say, "I wanna punch [insert President's name here] in the face11!!!1!" because that's a direct threat against someone's wellbeing, for instance, unless it's said about Trump, in which case nobody gets penalized, apparently, but one can hold their own opinion no matter how revolting it may be.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:53 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:hm

Requiring black people to assimilate or GTFO is Sinostatism. It’s really no different from what China does to Uyghurs.

Except African-Americans would actually have a choice to freely emigrate rather than be sterilized and forcibly re-educated in concentration camps if I was POTUS. They would have the choice of making Aliyah to any West African country of their choice and not have to worry about mUh oPpReSsIoN ever again and they would be paid handsomely. But yes, I prefer French-style compulsory integration to slavery, segregation, and genocide. I would do the same to European Muslims, and Emmanuel Macron is doing just that in France contrary to the wishes of American woke imperialists. That makes him a "fascist" in the wokiverse.

If you are thankful to be born in one of the freest countries in the world, then by all means, remain. If you are ungrateful and believe America (or France) is so irredeemably racist, no one is preventing you from emigrating. While it is true that individual Muslims in the West can certainly be the victims of vile racist and "Islamophobic" hate crimes, this idea that Muslims as a group are oppressed outside of places like China or Myanmar is absolutely and completely laughable, especially in Western countries. The same goes for Palestinians and African-Americans whining about oppression at the hands of wicked Jews or wicked white people.

American wokists and their European proxies routinely encourage this kind of counter-productive, self-destructive, and socially divisive victimhood complex among women and minorities in order to manipulate them into voting for them, even going so far as to encourage seditious rioting, looting, vandalism, arson, treason, and insurrection, and then turning around and blaming their right-wing opponents for the violence. This intellectually dishonest charade is so painfully and blindingly obvious it makes me want to puke. That these same wokists routinely ostracize and attempt to cancel people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali who refuse to play along and be the angry, oppressed stereotype that white wokists want them to be tells us who the real bigots and racists are, because this is the kind of ideological bigotry that would make Orwell proud.

If supposedly liberal leftists can openly demand that Trump supporters be investigated for treason and sedition, then I have as much right to demand that woke BLM activists and Antifa sympathizers be similarly investigated by the FBI for "uttering seditious words". The Democrats opened the fucking Pandora's Box. Now they can lie in the bed that they have made.

American wokism poses an existential threat to Europe and especially Israel, as well as the United States itself, obviously.

Fedel wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
What laws in the US, at the federal level, have been "woke?"

California recently tried and ( luckily ) failed to remove a part of their state constitution that forbids discrimination on the grounds of race politics. Given the rhetoric around "hate speech" these days I wouldn't be surprised if they attempt to pass speech laws here in the next decade. Political opponents of the "woke left" for lack of a better term are already being removed from the conversation on social media sites. Of course, they're private companies and it's their right to do so, but considering how much actual communication goes on on just the 3 to 4 major social media sites, it's having a significant impact in shaping the public discourse and the way people think while clearly favoring one side of the political spectrum. We're also seeing massive self censoring and discrimination on the basis of political views in academia:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-vote-for ... 1593127619

https://www.cato.org/publications/surve ... plications

https://www.realcleareducation.com/arti ... 10483.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... or/606559/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/most-u-s-c ... 1540588198

https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-stud ... acceptable

The majority of people in education, media and entertainment all adhere to such politics as well. You can't escape it whether you're trying to increase your knowledge, keep yourself informed or merely seeking entertainment. They seek to infest every area of life in order to slowly shift the culture so that when people say something like "I'm not sure if illegal immigrants should be given stimulus checks" you'll be labelled a racist when that's something you would have been laughed at by a Republican for saying just 15 to 20 years ago. But they'll accuse you of being a nazi anyways because you're not ceding ground fast enough or to the extent they want you to. And it will never be enough.

Give an inch and they will take a fucking mile. Never apologize and never surrender to wokists. Always, always double down and stand your ground. Let them throw their immature tantrums. Let them get triggered. Let them "feel unsafe", because nobody gives a flying fuck about their goddamned feelings. I refuse to live in a world where a man is expected to cross the street otherwise a woman walking in the opposite direction may "feel unsafe". I refuse to live in a world where my very existence as a cishet male is a fucking crime.

If these intolerant leftists ever showed up in my country, I would kindly tell them to fuck off back to America and take their utopian ideals with them. Malaysia will not be colonized by wokism and it will not be colonized by radical Islam, which is partly enabled by white, Western wokists. Over my dead body.

And give us back our internet. The Left doesn't own Facebook. Facebook owns Facebook, and if Facebook continues to pander to wokists the way it has been doing lately, it deserves to be broken up.

Fedel wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:I don't like how attacking established elite groups immediately is conflated with "anti-semitism", as this implies there is something innately Jewish about entrenched elitists -- an anti-semitic claim in and of itself.

They're going to respond with "it was just a comparison I found relevant and interesting." Perhaps with a smug emoji at the end because they know they can get away with it.

Like I said earlier, it's supremely ironic because the woke Left suffers from a chronic antisemitism problem. Louis Farrakhan, Linda Sarsour, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib are among a few examples in U.S. left-wing politics. All four of them also happen to be Muslims, and at least two of them are radical Islamists. Also, who can forget about Jeremy Corbyn and Momentum? Good fucking riddance to that scumbag. Boris Johnson is my hero, and Keir Starmer has actually made an effort to purge some of the wokest leftists from his Shadow Cabinet, including Rebecca Long-Bailey, as well as expelling Jeremy Corbyn from the Labour Party as a whole. This is exactly what I was hoping would happen. Good fucking riddance to Momentum.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

Nilokeras
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nilokeras » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:20 pm

Fedel wrote:Honestly, I think that's exactly what's happening.

Fedel wrote:Never even heard of the Great Replacement. But feel free to report me if you think it's actionable. Probably has a good chance of working.

Nah you don't need any help nailing yourself to that cross.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:23 pm

"omg we got him he's a nazi"

he's probably not lmao why do you keep at this game
other than for my amusement
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:32 pm

I think a lot of governments are afraid of it simply because if you wake up, meditate and start paying attention for any reason it changes people from being sheep to active participants in government. This is something which many politicians of all stripes are very afraid of. People are supposed to act like sheep and follow whatever party line is promulgated.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:36 pm

Has there really been 17 pages on a topic that needs little attention?

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Celritannia wrote:Has there really been 17 pages on a topic that needs little attention?

People gotta virtue signal about how important Blackface is to the modern world.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Celritannia wrote:Has there really been 17 pages on a topic that needs little attention?

Or rather you don't want it to have more attention?

Vassenor wrote:

People gotta virtue signal about how important Blackface is to the modern world.

Do I have to repeat myself for a 4th time about how this thread isn't automatically about blackface? I'm starting to get the wild notion that you just might be taking that angle because it's easier to accuse people of supporting blackface rather than actually forming an argument.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:44 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:

No, is a thread about something very little and of no importance while there are for more important topics to discuss.

But then again, this is NSG.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Fedel
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:47 pm

Celritannia wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

while there are for more important topics to discuss.

You’re right. Topics like figuring out whether or not Fidel Castro or Stalin were bad guys are much more pressing matters than the concentration of American power in the hands of authoritarians. Ah hell, let’s be honest, we KNOW Fidel and Stalin were heroes we just have to convince the few remaining people on the site who are ignorant of this fact.
Last edited by Fedel on Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:48 pm

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Requiring black people to assimilate or GTFO is Sinostatism. It’s really no different from what China does to Uyghurs.

If supposedly liberal leftists can openly demand that Trump supporters be investigated for treason and sedition, then I have as much right to demand that woke BLM activists and Antifa sympathizers be similarly investigated by the FBI for "uttering seditious words". The Democrats opened the fucking Pandora's Box. Now they can lie in the bed that they have made.

Point to me where the BLM protests were mostly violent, organised, and attempted to seize the Federal Legislature in an attempt to control a democratic vote.
Last edited by Celritannia on Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:48 pm

Celritannia wrote:
SD_Film Artists wrote:

No, is a thread about something very little and of no importance while there are for more important topics to discuss.

Actually I think this is a very refreashing topic as it's a western government which is actually doing something about wokeism and it's not just Trump being Trump. IMO that's much more interesting and topical than the same rehashed eugenics, 'real communism?' and hypothetical threads. But whatever floats your boat..
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:49 pm

Fedel wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
while there are for more important topics to discuss.

You’re right. Topics like figuring out whether or not Fidel Castro or Stalin were bad guys are much more pressing matters than the concentration of American power in the hands of authoritarians. Ah hell, let’s be honest, we KNOW Fidel and Stalin were heroes.

I also think those topics are pointless though.
But this is NSG :P

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General