NATION

PASSWORD

French government denounces American Woke Left

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:56 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

So you support blackfacing and the stereotypes that come with it? Since you clearly disagree with someone deciding to eliminate it from their theatrical production.

No. It means they are against the far left, not for blackfacing and stereotypes. Blackfacing is racial discrimination and should not be condoned; there is nothing in PPC's post implying they are in favor of that.

Siding with someone getting the vapours over someone else saying Blackface Bad certainly implies it.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:56 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:Odd how I used to deeply hate Macron, he actually doesn't seem so bad anymore. Still don't like his economic policies but he's showing he's got a spine in terms of social policies.

Getting upset over someone calling blackface a bad thing is a good social policy now?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:33 pm

Galloism wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:Gotta love how half the time being woke is a cover or a front. I saw a black history month display at target last night and couldn't help but remember that target uses convict labor, which is disproportionately African American, but go off about how you respect minorities Target.

Chevron has also embraced Black Lives Matter without a hint of self awareness.

I mean, it could be worse, you could be Chiquita Banana coming out in favor of the peaceful democratic transition of power.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

So you support blackfacing and the stereotypes that come with it? Since you clearly disagree with someone deciding to eliminate it from their theatrical production.

No. It means they are against the far left, not for blackfacing and stereotypes. Blackfacing is racial discrimination and should not be condoned; there is nothing in PPC's post implying they are in favor of that.

I think people are, accidentally or deliberately, neglecting to realize that the blackface thing was only the final straw - as an isolated incident, it would've prompted eye-rolling instead of a major discussion, but the incident is not isolated.

Notably, this point was established on the first page and then promptly and immaturely discarded.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:No. It means they are against the far left, not for blackfacing and stereotypes. Blackfacing is racial discrimination and should not be condoned; there is nothing in PPC's post implying they are in favor of that.

Siding with someone getting the vapours over someone else saying Blackface Bad certainly implies it.

Which person? As one of the sources says that this is "many prominent politicians, intellectuals and academics in France" rather than a single person and (as I've already explained earlier) the measure is more about woke leftism rather than being somekind of 'legalise blackface' bill.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:01 pm

Post War America wrote:
Galloism wrote:Chevron has also embraced Black Lives Matter without a hint of self awareness.

I mean, it could be worse, you could be Chiquita Banana coming out in favor of the peaceful democratic transition of power.

I mean Coke did denounce the Jan 6th coup attempt. Ya know the people who funded death squads in Columbia
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:09 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:Odd how I used to deeply hate Macron, he actually doesn't seem so bad anymore. Still don't like his economic policies but he's showing he's got a spine in terms of social policies.

In general the French are all around pretty nationalistic, unlike Americans
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
Corporatism and Corporatocracy are completely different things
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:10 pm

Vassenor wrote:

Getting upset over someone calling blackface a bad thing is a good social policy now?

Really interesting to see how the indictments of the so-called "woke left" obsessing over petty idiots being slightly racist - while people are still living paycheck-to-paycheck - appear to have merit.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:16 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Really interesting to see how the indictments of the so-called "woke left" obsessing over petty idiots being slightly racist - while people are still living paycheck-to-paycheck - appear to have merit.

"I dont want to use blackface in my production even though its traditional" is "obsessing over petty idiots being slightly racist"?

Surely the criticism is that the conservatives are getting hot and bothered over statements like that while neglecting the people living paycheck to paycheck.
Last edited by Vassenor on Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Vassenor wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Really interesting to see how the indictments of the so-called "woke left" obsessing over petty idiots being slightly racist - while people are still living paycheck-to-paycheck - appear to have merit.

"I dont want to use blackface in my production even though its traditional" is "obsessing over petty idiots being slightly racist"?

Yeah. Indirectly.
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:57 pm

Vassenor wrote:

yes
8)
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:

In general the French are all around pretty nationalistic, unlike Americans

Americans are extremely nationalistic.
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:40 pm

I still don't like him. Yellow vest happened for a reason.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Alcala-Cordel wrote:
Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:In general the French are all around pretty nationalistic, unlike Americans

If you say 9/11 was one of a million terror attacks, people will want you dead here.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Alcala-Cordel wrote:
Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:In general the French are all around pretty nationalistic, unlike Americans

Hahahaha no

If a foreign government denounces the American president, our people and politicians will agree with the foreigners if the president happens to be from another political party. Furthermore, there is a growing number of people from the "woke left" who think America is the worst thing to ever happen to humanity, and most of these people happen to be… Americans
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Alcala-Cordel wrote:Americans are extremely nationalistic.

Hahahaha no

If a foreign government denounces the American president, our people and politicians will agree with the foreigners if the president happens to be from another political party. Furthermore, there is a growing number of people from the "woke left" who think America is the worst thing to ever happen to humanity, and most of these people happen to be… Americans

Considering how many people voted for a second round of Trump, I think at least half of Americans are literally ultranationalists, even if people in Portland are not.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:47 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:Hahahaha no

Considering how many people voted for a second round of Trump, I think at least half of Americans are literally ultranationalists, even if people in Portland are not.

They aren’t ultranationalist, if, say, Putin or Merkel denounces Joe Biden, Republicans and Trump supporters will most like agree with them because Biden belongs to another political party. On the contrary, when Erdogan denounced Macron, everyone in France, including Macron’s biggest opponents like Marine Le Pen rushed to his defense as the president of France. This is the kind of nationalism we need
9axes

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:47 pm

If you say 9/11 was one of a million terror attacks, people will want you dead here.

Can confirm, a few years ago someone said I should be beheaded by terrorists for saying 9/11 was a side effect of US interventionism and that we shouldn't celebrate the US military as they've committed unspekable atrocities.
Last edited by Cordel One on Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cordel One
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:54 pm

Hahahaha no

And at the same time we have a massive number of people who think Mexicans are rapists and murderers, a larger portion that worships the military, and an even larger portion that thinks we're the greatest country on the planet. Oh, and the constant propaganda, pledge recitals, flags everywhere, 4th of July... The United States is unbearably nationalistic and self-centered.
Last edited by Cordel One on Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:06 pm

Cordel One wrote:

Can confirm, a few years ago someone said I should be beheaded by terrorists for saying 9/11 was a side effect of US interventionism and that we shouldn't celebrate the US military as they've committed unspekable atrocities.

I wonder what'd happen if it was put bluntly to them: that 9/11 is absolutely nothing compared to injustices inflicted by the United States upon other nations, and that frankly it's the only time they've been hit back.
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

Cordel One
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:07 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
Cordel One wrote:Can confirm, a few years ago someone said I should be beheaded by terrorists for saying 9/11 was a side effect of US interventionism and that we shouldn't celebrate the US military as they've committed unspekable atrocities.

I wonder what'd happen if it was put bluntly to them: that 9/11 is absolutely nothing compared to injustices inflicted by the United States upon other nations, and that frankly it's the only time they've been hit back.

I would've got beat up.

Nilokeras
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nilokeras » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:20 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:No. It means they are against the far left, not for blackfacing and stereotypes. Blackfacing is racial discrimination and should not be condoned; there is nothing in PPC's post implying they are in favor of that.

I think people are, accidentally or deliberately, neglecting to realize that the blackface thing was only the final straw - as an isolated incident, it would've prompted eye-rolling instead of a major discussion, but the incident is not isolated.

Notably, this point was established on the first page and then promptly and immaturely discarded.

'First zey came for our secrétaires and I zaid nozing, for I was not ze one being groped, zen zey said we could not have our racisme traditionnel, but zen I stood up because zis was le dernière paille et ze Americans can take my shoepolish and tout blanc opera over my cold dead cadavre'

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:47 pm

Nilokeras wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I think people are, accidentally or deliberately, neglecting to realize that the blackface thing was only the final straw - as an isolated incident, it would've prompted eye-rolling instead of a major discussion, but the incident is not isolated.

'First zey came for our secrétaires and I zaid nozing, for I was not ze one being groped, zen zey said we could not have our racisme traditionnel, but zen I stood up because zis was le dernière paille et ze Americans can take my shoepolish and tout blanc opera over my cold dead cadavre'

awesome quotes thread it is
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Hahahaha no

Yup. And there is a difference between patriotism and nationalism, with the former of the two often being misconstrued as the latter.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:54 pm

This is bizarre. Woke means awareness of injustice and racism. People are blowing it up into something which it is not. It is like the word neoliberalism. It is a word that is being misused out of context. It is bizarre fear mongering on the right and hyperbole on the left. You can apply things like meditation to the word woke, but I seriously doubt the way this word is being touted is correct. There is no specific action in the word, nor is action implied. It is a word focused on observation. It is going from a state of being a sheep to becoming aware.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General