NATION

PASSWORD

Ailurocracy Thread I: Shall some national leaders be feline?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support non-human political leadership?

Yes
26%
No
64%
Neutral
7%
Other (please explain)
4%

Total votes : 136

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
My hands are more interesting to her than the picture of Mayor Max II.

She is not happy that there are other animals in charge of places on earth ?

Also:

The Mayor’s duties include visiting with locals and out-of-town visitors, attending business grand openings and other town functions, being in the town’s two annual parades, and promoting Idyllwild.

This is evidence that an animal can indeed be perfectly suited to hold office. He is e.g. performing better than Ted Cruz.

She doesn’t even care for she already rules.

The latter is of course true. Compared to corrupt and brutal human rulers we should indeed give animals a chance.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:21 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:The latter is of course true. Compared to corrupt and brutal human rulers we should indeed give animals a chance.

This is the basis of your whole proposal. Some rulers do worse than nothing, so we should give a chance to an animal, on the expectation that they will do exactly nothing.

Now I would consider that stupid, and bad math, except that you've let the thread go 15 pages. Despite repeated corrections and rejections.

What the animal fuck is wrong with you Neko? Do you expect anyone to take your opinions about culture or China or really anything but your pet cat, seriously? The damage this thread has done to your reputation is catastrophic. Your reputation is catatonic!
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:32 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:The latter is of course true. Compared to corrupt and brutal human rulers we should indeed give animals a chance.

This is the basis of your whole proposal. Some rulers do worse than nothing, so we should give a chance to an animal, on the expectation that they will do exactly nothing.

Nono - that they will perform admirably when welcoming visitors, that they create news that put the location on the map, that they will provide aid and comfort to the elderly etc. etc.

Not nothing.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:34 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:

Now I would consider that stupid, and bad math, except that you've let the thread go 15 pages. Despite repeated corrections and rejections.

What the animal fuck is wrong with you Neko? Do you expect anyone to take your opinions about culture or China or really anything but your pet cat, seriously? The damage this thread has done to your reputation is catastrophic. Your reputation is catatonic!

It would of only gone on for 14 pages if some poor fools didn't go to the trouble of digging up this abomination of a thread.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:53 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Queen of what? Queen of where?

Nekostan of course.

That nation doesn't exist in the real world. Congratulations :'(
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:56 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Nekostan of course.

That nation doesn't exist in the real world. Congratulations :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KH2gc1 ... l=ostolero

Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:37 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:

It would of only gone on for 14 pages if some poor fools didn't go to the trouble of digging up this abomination of a thread.

Meh, the basic idea is quite decent. "Are humans really the best to rule other humans" ?
Scifi has postulated we should let robots do it for decades. Maybe it is true.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:39 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

Meh, the basic idea is quite decent. "Are humans really the best to rule other humans" ?

AI isn't a bad idea.
Just make sure the programming isn't faulty.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Tyunmen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyunmen » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:41 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

HOWEVER that might backfire and the A.I and the robots might murder us all/use us as power sources/torture us for fun.

Shu Chengdu
Envoy

Founded: Feb 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Shu Chengdu » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:42 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

AI isn't a bad idea.
Just make sure the programming isn't faulty.

-She/Her Cisgender female.
-My Standing on the Political Compass test.
-Second generation American of Dutch and Taiwanese parentage.
-Call me “Shu”.
-Do not telegram me. (Unless it's RP related.)

Treciene
Envoy

Founded: Jul 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Treciene » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:47 am

Humans are literally smarter than cats. Why would we put them on the world stage? I think they would just cause the downfall of countries,
The Imperial State of Treciene
24/6, Closed on Sundays

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:52 am

Treciene wrote:Humans are literally smarter than cats. Why would we put them on the world stage? I think they would just cause the downfall of countries,

"Man has always assumed that he is more intelligent than dolphins because he has achieved so much--the wheel, New York, wars and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But, conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man -- for precisely the same reasons."
--- Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

But seriously, humans do a damn good job of fucking up. Would it really make a difference if we do whatever the "clever and thoughtful" mister Trumps says or follow the random actions of a cat,dog or punxsutawney phil ?

Istoreya
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:23 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Treciene wrote:Humans are literally smarter than cats. Why would we put them on the world stage? I think they would just cause the downfall of countries,

"Man has always assumed that he is more intelligent than dolphins because he has achieved so much--the wheel, New York, wars and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But, conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man -- for precisely the same reasons."
--- Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

But seriously, humans do a damn good job of fucking up. Would it really make a difference if we do whatever the "clever and thoughtful" mister Trumps says or follow the random actions of a cat,dog or punxsutawney phil ?

Because random cat actions don't translate to political ideas. Trump's ideas are stupid but at least he had ideas.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:31 am

I like how there's a "I" in the title implying an anticipated 500+ pages of discussion about this needing a second thread.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:34 am

Rusozak wrote:I like how there's a "I" in the title implying an anticipated 500+ pages of discussion about this needing a second thread.

There could be a thread II... should there be?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:35 am

Why cats? Why not some other animal?

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:47 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

As I pointed out above, we already have a town which is run by a dog mayor - who performs the duty perfectly, since those are defined as greeting strangers, playing with kids and lonely elders, being present at store openings and creating media attention for the town.
Last edited by The Alma Mater on Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:55 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

As I pointed out above, we already have a town which is run by a dog mayor - who performs the duty perfectly, since those are defined as greeting strangers, playing with kids and lonely elders, being present at store openings and creating media attention for the town.

I don’t like dogs. :(

National Capitalist United States
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby National Capitalist United States » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:07 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Rusozak wrote:I like how there's a "I" in the title implying an anticipated 500+ pages of discussion about this needing a second thread.

Please no. I only revived the thread as a joke, not so that it could have over 10000 replies eventually.
Entrepreneurial Freedom Zone

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:52 am

National Capitalist United States wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Please no. I only revived the thread as a joke, not so that it could have over 10000 replies eventually.

Well now you know what happens.
Now let's hope everyone is wise enough to let this thread die off.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Lemmingry
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemmingry » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:01 pm

Since no one takes this seriously anymore, I placed my cat on a political compass.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:35 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:As I pointed out above, we already have a town which is run by a dog mayor - who performs the duty perfectly, since those are defined as greeting strangers, playing with kids and lonely elders, being present at store openings and creating media attention for the town.

I don’t like dogs. :(

Hence the ailurocracy.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:51 am

What a silly idea.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:32 am

The New California Republic wrote:What a silly idea.

In other news, water is wet.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:52 am

The New California Republic wrote:What a silly idea.

You need to refute it if you think so.

What is Sinostatism?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General