NATION

PASSWORD

Ailurocracy Thread I: Shall some national leaders be feline?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support non-human political leadership?

Yes
26%
No
64%
Neutral
7%
Other (please explain)
4%

Total votes : 136

Lemmingry
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemmingry » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:13 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Lemmingry wrote:
So, basically a parliamentary monarchy, but it is a republic. I see why it would be cheaper, but why a cat? Why not a lifeless piece of brick or a picture of a sewer rat drawn by a preschooler, which would be even cheaper? Parliamentary monarchies are useless besides tourism, anyway.

Because cats at least look good and are fun. Presidential cats and feline elections can boost tourism.

New Yugoslavia's idea was better in my opinion. We might as well make a carboard statue with the arms wide open and call it T-pose Tracey.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:29 pm

Lemmingry wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Because cats at least look good and are fun. Presidential cats and feline elections can boost tourism.

New Yugoslavia's idea was better in my opinion. We might as well make a carboard statue with the arms wide open and call it T-pose Tracey.

Cardboards are not inherently interesting. Cats on the other hand are.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:38 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Lemmingry wrote:
So, basically a parliamentary monarchy, but it is a republic. I see why it would be cheaper, but why a cat? Why not a lifeless piece of brick or a picture of a sewer rat drawn by a preschooler, which would be even cheaper? Parliamentary monarchies are useless besides tourism, anyway.

Because this person loves cats.
I mean, I love cats too. But I don't love them so much that it clouds my better sense of judgement.
Let's just replace the president with a statue. No need for food or anything. Looks like a person, does jack shit.

Cat events are more fun than lifeless statue-related events. Feline presidential elections will take place and they will be periodic civic carnivals when people can have all kinds of fun. At least half of political news will perpetually be feline and instead of being bitterly divided the nation will unite around cats.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:40 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Lemmingry wrote:

I genuinely disagree. I fucking love cardboard cutouts.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:41 pm

Atheris wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

I genuinely disagree. I fucking love cardboard cutouts.

No problem. They can take part in presidential elections as well. If you can elect a rabbit, a dog or an anime character so be it.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:45 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Atheris wrote:I genuinely disagree. I fucking love cardboard cutouts.

No problem. They can take part in presidential elections as well. If you can elect a rabbit, a dog or an anime character so be it.

I'm going to elect Lilith and you guys can't do shit. Third Impact 2024!
Last edited by Atheris on Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:55 pm

Atheris wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Sure. Please go ahead. Cats will win though.

What is Sinostatism?

Istoreya
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:50 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Istoreya wrote:Proof? I sure as hell wouldn't book a holiday to a country just because it had a cat President. If I really cared that much, I'd dress up my own cat in fancy clothes.

Or my dog, because cats suck.

You are an exception, not the rule.

No, I'm pretty sure it's a rule. No-one forks out a load of cash to go see famous animals. Just as a reminder, animals can be famous for reasons other than being President. Humans tend to avoid paying to see them.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:50 am

Atheris wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

LONG LIVE PRESIDENT AYANAMI!!!
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Istoreya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:54 am

Can we go back to letting this one die? It was interesting at first but now it's just Neko getting upset that people would prefer the general idea minus a cat which suggests that it's less about the idea and this is just a way of going on about cats rather than politics.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:04 am

Istoreya wrote:Can we go back to letting this one die? It was interesting at first but now it's just Neko getting upset that people would prefer the general idea minus a cat which suggests that it's less about the idea and this is just a way of going on about cats rather than politics.

Do we get in trouble for inferring someone has...a fetish?

Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Istoreya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:21 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Istoreya wrote:Can we go back to letting this one die? It was interesting at first but now it's just Neko getting upset that people would prefer the general idea minus a cat which suggests that it's less about the idea and this is just a way of going on about cats rather than politics.

Well I certainly wasn't trying to imply that, so we should be fine.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:31 am

Istoreya wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

Well I certainly wasn't trying to imply that, so we should be fine.

Just because of how much N-EG keeps going on about felines.
Really just in a jokey manner.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:03 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Istoreya wrote:Well I certainly wasn't trying to imply that, so we should be fine.

The Ailurocracy is actually serious though it is obvious that the presidency does not actually have to be feline. There are also other fun ideas.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:48 pm

Say what you want about Nekostan-e Gharbi, they're far from the worst cat obsessed fellow we've had on these boards.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:28 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

The Ailurocracy is actually serious though it is obvious that the presidency does not actually have to be feline. There are also other fun ideas.

Then we'll use a statue/carboard cutout instead.
Same effect.
No need to provide food or clean up their waste.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Istoreya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:33 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Same effect.

I suggest a brick, cardboard can be a bit flimsy and would need replacing more often than a brick would.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:52 am

Istoreya wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:
Same effect.

I suggest a brick, cardboard can be a bit flimsy and would need replacing more often than a brick would.

Sure.
You'd have to clean it from time to time, but at least you're not dealing with excrement.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Lemmingry
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemmingry » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:27 am

#T-poseTracey2024.

My Political Fantasy
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby My Political Fantasy » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:08 am

Dog.
A combination of the neutrality of Switzerland, the military capabilities of Israel, and the authoritarian governance of Russia.
I like to complain about bad governments are people halfway across the world, but I prefer that anyone except me deal with them.
The official themesong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbkqE4fpvdI

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:08 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Same effect.

Yes but also there isn’t much going on with them unlike cats. With a feline president we can have Presidential Feed 24/7.

What is Sinostatism?

Istoreya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:15 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:
Same effect.

Yes but also there isn’t much going on with them unlike cats. With a feline president we can have Presidential Feed 24/7.

Why bother? People don't need to be watching this President 24/7. It's only going to cost more to have this constant stream going. The point is to reduce costs, is it not?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:16 am

Istoreya wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Why bother? People don't need to be watching this President 24/7. It's only going to cost more to have this constant stream going. The point is to reduce costs, is it not?

Ads. There are enough people who want to watch the Presidential Cat to make money off the ads. The net cost of a feline ceremonial presidency is likely negative.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Istoreya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:18 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Istoreya wrote:Why bother? People don't need to be watching this President 24/7. It's only going to cost more to have this constant stream going. The point is to reduce costs, is it not?

Ads. There are enough people who want to watch the Presidential Cat to make money off the ads. The net cost of a feline ceremonial presidency is likely negative.

Source please? Show where someone has proven that enough people want to watch a President cat livestream.
Last edited by Istoreya on Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:19 am

Istoreya wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Source please?

I can not since it hasn’t been attempted before.

For a country as populous as Germany how many people would love to watch the national cat videos? Imagine a cat dressed in national colors sitting in a presidential office lol.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

What is Sinostatism?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General