NATION

PASSWORD

Ailurocracy Thread I: Shall some national leaders be feline?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support non-human political leadership?

Yes
26%
No
64%
Neutral
7%
Other (please explain)
4%

Total votes : 136

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:30 am

I, for one, welcome our feline overlords.

But in all seriousness, this idea is ludicrous for a national government. A real country where a cat is a head of state would be the laughingstock of every other country, and as for within that country, well I'm wary about personality cults around human leaders, so why wouldn't I be wary of a cat leader who's being constantly shilled by the media?

For local government, however, electing a cat for mayor or other offices could work as a form of protest. In 2013, a cat ran for mayor of a city in Mexico, and in 1938, a mule named Boston Curtis actually won the election for Republican committeeman. However, such local leaders must remain purely ceremonial, as the real power lies in the humans behind the cat.

All this only applies if the cats are nonsapient. If the cats can think, and be intelligent enough to understand politics, all my theories go out the window. It would be quite interesting if a country was run by a talking, thinking animal. That animal would have a unique perspective on natures of government and how to run a country. However, that animal probably wouldn't understand the needs of humans, and wouldn't be an effective leader for our species.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:34 am

This idea is not just wrong, it's stupid.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:41 am

OBEY THE KITTY!
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:46 am

Ethel mermania wrote:(Image)

OBEY THE KITTY!

Yes.
If Chairman Mao were Chairman Meow a lot less people would have perished.
If Joseph Stalin were Meowseph Stalin a lot less people would have perished.
If Adolf Hitler were Adolf Kitler a lot less people would have perished.

Cats rule; dictators suck!
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:47 am

More scrutiny should be put on our leaders, not less.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:49 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:(Image)

OBEY THE KITTY!

Yes.
If Chairman Mao were Chairman Meow a lot less people would have perished.
If Joseph Stalin were Meowseph Stalin a lot less people would have perished.
If Adolf Hitler were Adolf Kitler a lot less people would have perished.

Cats rule; dictators suck!

Only because cats dom't have the same level of intelligence as us.

Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:06 am

Agarntrop wrote:You have a lot of wack ideas

Are you just now noticing or just now pointing it out?
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:28 am

Adamede wrote:More scrutiny should be put on our leaders, not less.

Exactly. Hence better feline ones than opaque human ones.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:30 am

This reminds me, I have a question for the OP. If a dog becomes the General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party, is he still a good boy?
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:31 am

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

Are you just now noticing or just now pointing it out?

The latter. He also advocated 'abolishing' China. Not the CCP, China itself.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:32 am

...What?

This is a joke, right?
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:37 am

Page wrote:

This reminds me, I have a question for the OP. If a dog becomes the General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party, is he still a good boy?

No since China should not exist.

What is Sinostatism?

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:40 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:This is just anarchism with extra pawses.

Indeed! With felines in office, little decisions would be made and power would collapse...

...ergo it has my support :p

ok but seriously this is certainly one of the wackiest ideas I've seen here, although there has been worse
Last edited by Nuroblav on Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:41 am

This sounds like a very very poor idea.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Vaspelia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaspelia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:53 am

We have the fucking Reptilians, just make them finally appear to public-view. Sure our human religions would have to go violently to make space for the worship of Baal. But having Psychic Dimension-hopping Serpents instead of spineless and lying boomers as leaders would be fucking metal.

EDIT: this is a furry thread?. Should i pull up my stash of cute catgirls and boys into the thread?
Last edited by Vaspelia on Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
La Unión de Vaspelia
hispanic savannan directorate with sino-japanese-inspired cultural and philosophical elements. That's the plan.
this nation is wip and raw as fuck, pls don't look at it yet
but i appreciate TGs, no matter asking about my ideas for vaspelia or just to hang out
no ns stats here brah
The F7-Supremacist Zoomer that the Globalists and Reds warned you about
You may win all debates, but you shall never win happiness
add 1685 posts
you can call me eru baby
in NS since 01/10/2016
listen to this song

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:55 am

Vaspelia wrote:We have the fucking Reptilians, just make them finally appear to public-view. Sure our human religions would have to go violently to make space for the worship of Baal. But having Psychic Dimension-hopping Serpents instead of spineless and lying boomers as leaders would be fucking metal.

And much better than cats.
Besides, Baal might actually be cool.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Quartia and Karafuto
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Quartia and Karafuto » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
The point is precisely ensuring that the head of state is purely ceremonial, that is, we want Parliamentary democracy. I would even argue that the state becomes constitutional feline monarchy with cat pictures replacing human ones on currencies and other places where leader faces show up to permanently destroy cults of personality.

That makes perfect sense - in a nation like the USA. My nation's presidency is *already* ceremonial, so it would be pointless to put a cat there.
My nation - which is pretty much just a unified Korea with some extra territory - represents my real views. NS stats only broadly correct, trust the factbooks over them. Feel free to call me Q&K, Quartia, or any other nickname.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:59 am

Quartia and Karafuto wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
The point is precisely ensuring that the head of state is purely ceremonial, that is, we want Parliamentary democracy. I would even argue that the state becomes constitutional feline monarchy with cat pictures replacing human ones on currencies and other places where leader faces show up to permanently destroy cults of personality.

That makes perfect sense - in a nation like the USA. My nation's presidency is *already* ceremonial, so it would be pointless to put a cat there.

It’s still useful since it will prevent the PM from establishing their cults of personality. Everyone should hear about the cat head of state 24/7 whenever they watch news. We can even live broadcast the cat in their presidential palace.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:01 am

Ok Neko.
Are just some extreme troll who's just keeping a straight face...or are you really just this delusional and xenophobic?

New Yugoslavia just is.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:02 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:Ok Neko.
Are just some extreme troll who's just keeping a straight face...or are you really just this delusional and xenophobic?

Hmm? Xenophobic as in..hating non-cats? Nope. Also where is the delusion?

I’m very serious here.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:04 am

Sorry furball lovers, I'd much rather support this candidate:

O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:19 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:Ok Neko.

I’m very serious here.

I mean getting rid of the entirety of China and not just the CCP government. Do the people have to go too?

New Yugoslavia just is.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:25 am

This is entertaining, but obviously impractical.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:36 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

I’m very serious here.

I mean getting rid of the entirety of China and not just the CCP government. Do the people have to go too?

Nope. I didn’t lie when I said “abolish China and save lives”. Please go to the China thread to understand what abolitionism is.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Quartia and Karafuto
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Quartia and Karafuto » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:40 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:Nope. I didn’t lie when I said “abolish China and save lives”. Please go to the China thread to understand what abolitionism is.

Abolition sounds like you want to turn China into an American puppet like Taiwan which... yeah that's xenophobic.
My nation - which is pretty much just a unified Korea with some extra territory - represents my real views. NS stats only broadly correct, trust the factbooks over them. Feel free to call me Q&K, Quartia, or any other nickname.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General