Page 8 of 501

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:07 pm
by Page
Thermodolia wrote:Pelosi has called for the resignation of the US capitol police chief and has called for Trump to be removed via the 25th or impeachment.

Trump might actually end up getting impeached again


Even if House Dems move at lightning speed I don't see a conviction in the Senate, especially since Republican Senators are now terrified of their own base.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:08 pm
by Senkaku
Salus Maior wrote:
Page wrote:
It really irks me that they keep obliviously appropriating rev left symbolism.


You guys really want to claim Robespierre?

That’s like saying people “want to claim” Stalin. No one wants to, necessarily, since they did bad things, but intellectually the connection is undeniable and they did make historical contributions other than their atrocities.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:08 pm
by Asherahan
Salus Maior wrote:
Asherahan wrote:Yeah if not sole reason he said:

"The king must die so that the country can live."


Hitler said some quotable things too, and I don't love him obviously.

Hitler also didn't end feudalism in a country.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:08 pm
by Andsed
Kowani wrote:The US is now getting dunked on by Zimbabwe

(Image)

Honestly the sheer embarrassment of what happened in DC is going to haunt the US for years.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm
by Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana
Kexholm Karelia wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
Authority is what we need police and fbi should be massivly expnded to root out extremism

You sound like Benito Mussolini

Liberal democracy has a breaking point, ours was possibly yesterday

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm
by Page
Kowani wrote:The US is now getting dunked on by Zimbabwe

(Image)


Completely fair point, honestly. Sanctions punish the working class, not the ruling class and America never really had moral authority to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm
by Corindia
Andsed wrote:
Kowani wrote:The US is now getting dunked on by Zimbabwe

(Image)

Honestly the sheer embarrassment of what happened in DC is going to haunt the US for years.

you could have said this anytime in the last four years and it would still be true

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm
by Vassenor
Page wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Pelosi has called for the resignation of the US capitol police chief and has called for Trump to be removed via the 25th or impeachment.

Trump might actually end up getting impeached again


Even if House Dems move at lightning speed I don't see a conviction in the Senate, especially since Republican Senators are now terrified of their own base.


I don't see them getting the two-thirds anyway even if time wasn't an issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm
by San Lumen
Page wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Pelosi has called for the resignation of the US capitol police chief and has called for Trump to be removed via the 25th or impeachment.

Trump might actually end up getting impeached again


Even if House Dems move at lightning speed I don't see a conviction in the Senate, especially since Republican Senators are now terrified of their own base.

After last night it doesn’t appear they are.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm
by Kowani

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:10 pm
by Kexholm Karelia
Kowani wrote:The US is now getting dunked on by Zimbabwe

(Image)

What a hypocrite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:10 pm
by Salus Maior
Asherahan wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Hitler said some quotable things too, and I don't love him obviously.

Hitler also didn't end feudalism in a country.


So then you should love Tsar Alexander II then, considering he ended serfdom (the defining piece of feudalism) in Russia.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:10 pm
by Senkaku
The Emerald Legion wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Oh PLEASE tell me you have some links to this lol


Image

Do I even need to dignify this with a response or are you already appropriately embarrassed lol

Andsed wrote:
Kowani wrote:The US is now getting dunked on by Zimbabwe

(Image)

Honestly the sheer embarrassment of what happened in DC is going to haunt the US for years.

It will be all but forgotten as soon as something more dramatic happens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:10 pm
by Nazeroth
Necroghastia wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
Well the extremists just tried taking the capitol

You mean the authoritarian extremists that want a police state? The ones that would thrive in your ideal? Come on.


They belive in personal fire arms that goes against state power

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:10 pm
by Vassenor
Kexholm Karelia wrote:
Kowani wrote:The US is now getting dunked on by Zimbabwe

(Image)

What a hypocrite


Trump is a massive hypocrite, yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:11 pm
by Thermodolia
Page wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Pelosi has called for the resignation of the US capitol police chief and has called for Trump to be removed via the 25th or impeachment.

Trump might actually end up getting impeached again


Even if House Dems move at lightning speed I don't see a conviction in the Senate, especially since Republican Senators are now terrified of their own base.

Idk about that. I think conviction is probably possible now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:11 pm
by San Lumen

Multiple news outlets have confirmed it. Should he be confirmed Kim Janey will become the first woman and first black mayor of Boston.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:11 pm
by Jerzylvania
Salus Maior wrote:
Asherahan wrote:I love Robespierre. Until he went sun god cult on me.


You love a guy that murdered entire families and scores of people who were most likely innocent?

And literally died because his bloodlust was so out of control?


This is a Committee for Public Safety announcement.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:12 pm
by Asherahan
Salus Maior wrote:
Asherahan wrote:Hitler also didn't end feudalism in a country.


So then you should love Tsar Alexander II then, considering he ended serfdom (the defining piece of feudalism) in Russia.

Serfdom is product of Feudalism. Tsar Alexander the II was still Tsar after he ended serfdom. And then his son brought serfdom back remember?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:12 pm
by Kexholm Karelia
Nazeroth wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:You mean the authoritarian extremists that want a police state? The ones that would thrive in your ideal? Come on.


They belive in personal fire arms that goes against state power

That’s what stops actual fascists from taking over

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:13 pm
by Asherahan
Kexholm Karelia wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
They belive in personal fire arms that goes against state power

That’s what stops actual fascists from taking over

Ph Yeah sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:13 pm
by Salus Maior
Asherahan wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
So then you should love Tsar Alexander II then, considering he ended serfdom (the defining piece of feudalism) in Russia.

Serfdom is product of Feudalism. Tsar Alexander the II was still Tsar after he ended serfdom. And then his son brought serfdom back remember?


I don't think you know what feudalism is. Monarchy =/= feudalism, as monarchy has existed both well before and well after feudalism was a thing.

Alexander III didn't bring serfdom back. There were a lot of issues with the peasants, but they weren't serfs as they weren't tied to land.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:14 pm
by Southern Republic of Dixie
I'm mad they went into the capital like that.. A woman killed as Well... She was a ex veteran and it's sad she died... I wish it was peaceful but i understand why it went that way... People are locked down. Only time will say ... But I do think we are headed down the path of what happened to Rome. I believe Trump was just Catilina.
Joe Biden could be our version of Cesar...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:14 pm
by Kexholm Karelia
Asherahan wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
So then you should love Tsar Alexander II then, considering he ended serfdom (the defining piece of feudalism) in Russia.

Serfdom is product of Feudalism. Tsar Alexander the II was still Tsar after he ended serfdom. And then his son brought serfdom back remember?

By that logic, the modern UK has feudalism

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:14 pm
by Kowani
Apparently, the Capitol Police Chief Sund has not been in contact with congress