NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics Impeachment: 2 fast? No, we're 2 furious

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Founded: May 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:07 pm

When you control the mind you control body same with the population and the state that controls it

Postauthoritarian America
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Postauthoritarian America » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:I saw the video of Trump condemning the violence.

He looks angry somehow. Almost as if done one forced him to make the video or something.

To borrow a phrase it has all the sincerity of a hostage video.
"The violence of American law enforcement degrades the lives of countless people, especially poor Black people, through its peculiar appetite for their death." | "There are but two parties now: traitors and patriots. And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter and, I trust, the stronger party." -- Ulysses S. Grant, 1861 | "You don't get mulligans in insurrection." | "Today's Republican Party is America's and the world's largest white supremacist organization." | "I didn't vote to overturn an election, and I will not be lectured by people who did about partisanship." -- Rep. Gerry Connolly |"Republicans...have transformed...to a fascist party engaged in a takeover of the United States of America."

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm

Eahland wrote:
ImperialRussia wrote:Kowani your image is blocked for reasons I clicked it’s blocked

It's a screenshot of text, which says:
Thankfully, Rudy has an answer for anyone who thought he was calling for violence when he explicitly called for violence: blame "Game of Thrones."

I am fascinated by this notion that Giuliani thinks that Game of Thrones is a documentary. Maybe that explains the regime's obsession with building a useless wall. Someone should tell them they're doing it on the wrong border, though.

I quess the wall of China was built for nothing as well

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm

ImperialRussia wrote:
Eahland wrote:It's a screenshot of text, which says:

I am fascinated by this notion that Giuliani thinks that Game of Thrones is a documentary. Maybe that explains the regime's obsession with building a useless wall. Someone should tell them they're doing it on the wrong border, though.

The wall of China was initially an offensive rather than a defensive wall, so bad comparison there.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Comerciante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Comerciante » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:12 pm

ImperialRussia wrote:

Yes. So the many people who bypassed it had to pay the toll-man before moving on to sack China anyway.
"Rumors of CFC affiliates building superweapons in orbit over Earth is fake news. Watch groups have corroborated this even though it would be to quote the BoD "totally rad."

#00: "The first step to acquiring real power, is to learn how to steal it from someone else, the second step is learning how to keep it the third step is to restart from the first step."
"Good and Evil are Two Tall Trees sitting upon a hill, the Tree of Good is Strong and Tall and does not bend, the Tree of Evil is Short and Flimsy when the wind blows Good resists, and breaks and falls on the floor and dies and Evil? well, it bends and it lives."

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Scientists disagree with you

And it's literally most every scientist. Opposition to the idea of man-made climate change is practically token at this point, there's a consensus in the field of climate change.

NASA Scientist: Global Warming Is Nonsense.

https://www.inquisitr.com/1234575/nasa- ... -nonsense/

90 Scientists: Global Warming Is a Total Hoax

https://www.afa.net/the-stand/culture/2 ... otal-hoax/
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:13 pm

ImperialRussia wrote:

Don't be silly. The Great Wall gives you free City Walls in all your cities until it's made obsolete by the discovery of Metallurgy. Trump's Crappy Fence just falls over in a stiff breeze.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Conservative Republic Of Huang
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Republic Of Huang » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:14 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
And it's literally most every scientist. Opposition to the idea of man-made climate change is practically token at this point, there's a consensus in the field of climate change.

All the other scientists and all the other NASA employees disagree.
Pro: Direct democracy, e-democracy, parliamentary sovereignty, state secularism, non-violent direct action (striking), police reform, syndicalism, democratic workplace management
Anti: Most types of representative democracy, ultra-nationalism, imperialism, autocratic workplace management, the state

"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say syndicalism now, syndicalism tomorrow, syndicalism forever."
not conservative or a republic
Transparency

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:16 pm

Eahland wrote:
ImperialRussia wrote:Kowani your image is blocked for reasons I clicked it’s blocked

It's a screenshot of text, which says:
Thankfully, Rudy has an answer for anyone who thought he was calling for violence when he explicitly called for violence: blame "Game of Thrones."

Postauthoritarian America
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Postauthoritarian America » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:16 pm

It needs to be said: this worst administration in the history of the nation is checked out while every day more people die from COVID than died on 9/11/01. If for nothing more than that Trump needs to go.
"The violence of American law enforcement degrades the lives of countless people, especially poor Black people, through its peculiar appetite for their death." | "There are but two parties now: traitors and patriots. And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter and, I trust, the stronger party." -- Ulysses S. Grant, 1861 | "You don't get mulligans in insurrection." | "Today's Republican Party is America's and the world's largest white supremacist organization." | "I didn't vote to overturn an election, and I will not be lectured by people who did about partisanship." -- Rep. Gerry Connolly |"Republicans...have transformed...to a fascist party engaged in a takeover of the United States of America."

Eahland
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:16 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Dude, if I had Exxon-Mobil's budget, I could bribe 90 "'"scientists"'" to tell you that Earth is flat.

edit: Had to add adequate scare quotes.
Last edited by Eahland on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:16 pm

Conservative Republic Of Huang wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

All the other scientists and all the other NASA employees disagree.

Ironic the website is called inquisitor

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:22 pm

ImperialRussia wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:
There should be no govt. funding for space exploration until the health care crisis is fixed and infrastructure is improved. The US can't even afford to fix people's broken limbs on Earth or repair bridges, but they want to play war games in space?

This will benefit Chinese satellite Surveillance

That is OK as long as their satellites don't attack the USA. I am curious if Biden will also support the military industrial complex while continuing to ignore problems here on Earth. Yes, it is worthy for private investment but it is a luxury the USA can't afford. I am guessing, Biden will be talked into continuing to support the program. This article gives more information (but without a clear answer because no definite statement was made):

What happens to the Space Force after the Trump administration?

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/ ... iden-trump

A Space Force service tag on a uniform
The Space Force has gained control of some space operations, but many others are still spread throughout the nation’s military branches.(Staff Sgt. Kayla White / U.S. Air Force via AP)
By SAMANTHA MASUNAGASTAFF WRITER
DEC. 15, 20205 AM
President Trump has a penchant for grandiose promises that go unfulfilled. So when he announced a plan to establish a Space Force, there was some skepticism.

Then-Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), ranking member on a Senate committee that deals with aviation and space, disliked the idea of consolidating space programs from the other military branches, saying at the time there were “too many important missions at stake” to “rip the Air Force apart.”

The idea of the new service became fodder for late-night comedians and a Netflix sitcom.

The Space Force, however, was not merely a presidential musing. Created last year as the first new armed service since 1947, it was established with the mission of protecting U.S. interests in space from potential adversaries, be they rival nations or gobs of space junk.

ADVERTISING

Whether it can achieve that mission is an open question. Though Trump champions the initiative, he has done little to ensure it has the funding, staffing and authority to succeed. When he exits the White House next month, the Space Force’s trajectory remains unclear.

The Space Force has gained control of some space operations, but many others are still spread throughout the nation’s other military branches.

Within the Defense Department, the Air Force has the lion’s share of space programs and budget for space operations. It’s responsible for supporting and maintaining satellites for GPS, missile warning and nuclear command and control, as well as paying United Launch Alliance and SpaceX to launch national security satellites.

The Army and Navy also have their own space operations.

Ad Choices You Would Never Expect What Beach Vacations Are Like Now SPONSORED CONTENT
You Would Never Expect What Beach Vacations Are Like Now
By Apple Leisure Group
Travel may look different, but you can still have the beach vacation you’ve been daydreaming of. Here’s how:

Consolidating these disparate programs into the Space Force has been slow. Some Air Force missions have transferred to Space Force control or are in the process of doing so — last week, Vice President Mike Pence announced that Cape Canaveral Air Force Station and Patrick Air Force Base in Florida would change their names and become the first two Space Force installations. Eventually, all Air Force space missions are supposed to follow suit. But there has been no progress on integrating the Army‘s or Navy’s space missions.

“The last thing you want ... after all of this reorganization and creating a new military service is to continue to have the fragmentation of our space programs and space organizations across the military,” said Todd Harrison, senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank. “The whole point of this was to consolidate.”

Compared with the budgets and personnel of the other branches of the U.S. military, the Space Force is lean. And technically it’s part of the Air Force, just as the Marine Corps is part of the Navy.

Consisting of about 2,100 people as of Nov. 1, the Space Force commanded a budget of $40 million for its operations and maintenance in fiscal year 2020.

Meanwhile, the Air Force has more than 325,000 active duty personnel and a budget of $168 billion for fiscal 2020. (The Air Force designated almost $14 billion of that for space capabilities. These projects have since become part of the Space Force.)

The Space Force will probably always be the smallest military service, Harrison said.

“Space is more dictated by capabilities than mass,” he said. The Space Force “shouldn’t try to organize itself in the way of these much larger services because that’s not what it is. That’s not what it’s going to grow into.”

But the Space Force’s 2020 resources aren’t enough to carry out its mission of organizing, training and equipping forces to deter or defeat threats in space, said David Deptula, a retired Air Force lieutenant general and dean of the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies think tank.

For fiscal year 2021, the Space Force is requesting a budget transfer from the Air Force of $15.3 billion. And over time, as space programs from other services start consolidating into the Space Force, their budgets should follow.

“The nation is facing some very significant threats in the space realm,” Deptula said. “Let’s make sure that service is set up for success.”

U.S. intelligence officials have warned that China and Russia have discussed developing new electronic warfare capabilities, which could have implications for U.S. military satellite communications or GPS satellite interference. In 2007, China tested an anti-satellite weapon and destroyed one of its own inactive weather satellites.

“Space Force really needed to be stood up to remain competitive with the very real threats coming from our nearest adversaries,” said James Marceau, managing director of aerospace and defense at consulting firm Alvarez & Marsal, who has also served as a senior advisor to the Pentagon on major strategies including the Space Force. “We can’t afford to neglect that domain.”

The strategic role of satellites came to the forefront in the early 1990s during the Gulf War, when the U.S. military began to rely on GPS coordinates to direct troops.

Over the years, congressional leaders and military officials, including former Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, have weighed consolidating space operations. In 2016, the proposal gained steam when Reps. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) and Mike Rogers (R-Ala.) began advocating for a “space corps.”

The bipartisan pair later introduced legislation to pave the way. They wanted the military to commit more time and resources to space — something that wasn’t always prioritized by a fighter-pilot-heavy Air Force leadership.

But there wasn’t enough support in the U.S. Senate for the proposal. Then, in 2018, Trump seized upon the idea.

In a speech to Marines at Air Station Miramar in San Diego that March, Trump noted that the U.S. was doing a “tremendous amount of work in space,” adding, “maybe we need a new force” called the Space Force. (Cooper would later say Trump “tried to hijack” the idea of the space corps.)

Five months later, Vice President Mike Pence announced that the Pentagon would create a new branch of the armed forces called the U.S. Department of the Space Force. The Space Force was then included in the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act, which was passed by Congress and signed into law by Trump last December.

At this point, it’s “highly unlikely” that the Biden administration would try to eliminate the Space Force, Harrison said. “It would be 10 times more disruptive if we tried to reverse it at this point.”

Doing so would require a vote in the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate, as well as the president’s signature, he said.

“I have not heard anyone seriously contemplating the idea of disestablishing it,” Harrison said. “It hasn’t even gotten a chance to get started yet.”

Not to mention the bureaucratic difficulties of trying to transfer back agencies and people.

“You’ve already transferred thousands of individuals into the Space Force,” said Doug Loverro, former deputy assistant secretary of Defense for space policy and a leading advocate of the Space Force before its inception. “Can you imagine pulling the rug out from under them?”

The Space Force itself seems intent on sticking around.

In a document laying out the service’s priorities, Chief of Space Operations Gen. John W. “Jay” Raymond says “proliferating technology” and “competitive interests” have changed space from a benign environment to “one in which we anticipate all aspects of human endeavor — including warfare.”

The goals for the service include developing new capabilities, increasing cooperation and enabling a “lean and agile service.”

And in a decisive statement, the document — released just days after the election — states that it provides a foundation for where the Space Force wants to be “over the next decade, beyond the tenure of any one [chief of space operations], administration or Congress.”

In a Tuesday call with reporters, Raymond said he met with the Biden transition team last week. The conversation, he said, was good.
Your political compass

Eahland
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Postauthoritarian America wrote:It needs to be said: this worst administration in the history of the nation is checked out while every day more people die from COVID than died on 9/11/01. If for nothing more than that Trump needs to go.

There were more American deaths from COVID-19 yesterday than there were in the Iraq War.

At current rates, we'll reach "more American deaths from COVID-19 than from World War II" before Trump leaves office. We're already at more than three World War Is.

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
ImperialRussia wrote:This will benefit Chinese satellite Surveillance

That is OK as long as their satellites don't attack the USA. I am curious if Biden will also support the military industrial complex while continuing to ignore problems here on Earth. Yes, it is worthy for private investment but it is a luxury the USA can't afford. I am guessing, Biden will be talked into continuing to support the program. This article gives more information (but without a clear answer because no definite statement was made):

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/ ... iden-trump

A Space Force service tag on a uniform
The Space Force has gained control of some space operations, but many others are still spread throughout the nation’s military branches.(Staff Sgt. Kayla White / U.S. Air Force via AP)
By SAMANTHA MASUNAGASTAFF WRITER
DEC. 15, 20205 AM
President Trump has a penchant for grandiose promises that go unfulfilled. So when he announced a plan to establish a Space Force, there was some skepticism.

Then-Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), ranking member on a Senate committee that deals with aviation and space, disliked the idea of consolidating space programs from the other military branches, saying at the time there were “too many important missions at stake” to “rip the Air Force apart.”

The idea of the new service became fodder for late-night comedians and a Netflix sitcom.

The Space Force, however, was not merely a presidential musing. Created last year as the first new armed service since 1947, it was established with the mission of protecting U.S. interests in space from potential adversaries, be they rival nations or gobs of space junk.

ADVERTISING

Whether it can achieve that mission is an open question. Though Trump champions the initiative, he has done little to ensure it has the funding, staffing and authority to succeed. When he exits the White House next month, the Space Force’s trajectory remains unclear.

The Space Force has gained control of some space operations, but many others are still spread throughout the nation’s other military branches.

Within the Defense Department, the Air Force has the lion’s share of space programs and budget for space operations. It’s responsible for supporting and maintaining satellites for GPS, missile warning and nuclear command and control, as well as paying United Launch Alliance and SpaceX to launch national security satellites.

The Army and Navy also have their own space operations.

Ad Choices You Would Never Expect What Beach Vacations Are Like Now SPONSORED CONTENT
You Would Never Expect What Beach Vacations Are Like Now
By Apple Leisure Group
Travel may look different, but you can still have the beach vacation you’ve been daydreaming of. Here’s how:

Consolidating these disparate programs into the Space Force has been slow. Some Air Force missions have transferred to Space Force control or are in the process of doing so — last week, Vice President Mike Pence announced that Cape Canaveral Air Force Station and Patrick Air Force Base in Florida would change their names and become the first two Space Force installations. Eventually, all Air Force space missions are supposed to follow suit. But there has been no progress on integrating the Army‘s or Navy’s space missions.

“The last thing you want ... after all of this reorganization and creating a new military service is to continue to have the fragmentation of our space programs and space organizations across the military,” said Todd Harrison, senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank. “The whole point of this was to consolidate.”

Compared with the budgets and personnel of the other branches of the U.S. military, the Space Force is lean. And technically it’s part of the Air Force, just as the Marine Corps is part of the Navy.

Consisting of about 2,100 people as of Nov. 1, the Space Force commanded a budget of $40 million for its operations and maintenance in fiscal year 2020.

Meanwhile, the Air Force has more than 325,000 active duty personnel and a budget of $168 billion for fiscal 2020. (The Air Force designated almost $14 billion of that for space capabilities. These projects have since become part of the Space Force.)

The Space Force will probably always be the smallest military service, Harrison said.

“Space is more dictated by capabilities than mass,” he said. The Space Force “shouldn’t try to organize itself in the way of these much larger services because that’s not what it is. That’s not what it’s going to grow into.”

But the Space Force’s 2020 resources aren’t enough to carry out its mission of organizing, training and equipping forces to deter or defeat threats in space, said David Deptula, a retired Air Force lieutenant general and dean of the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies think tank.

For fiscal year 2021, the Space Force is requesting a budget transfer from the Air Force of $15.3 billion. And over time, as space programs from other services start consolidating into the Space Force, their budgets should follow.

“The nation is facing some very significant threats in the space realm,” Deptula said. “Let’s make sure that service is set up for success.”

U.S. intelligence officials have warned that China and Russia have discussed developing new electronic warfare capabilities, which could have implications for U.S. military satellite communications or GPS satellite interference. In 2007, China tested an anti-satellite weapon and destroyed one of its own inactive weather satellites.

“Space Force really needed to be stood up to remain competitive with the very real threats coming from our nearest adversaries,” said James Marceau, managing director of aerospace and defense at consulting firm Alvarez & Marsal, who has also served as a senior advisor to the Pentagon on major strategies including the Space Force. “We can’t afford to neglect that domain.”

The strategic role of satellites came to the forefront in the early 1990s during the Gulf War, when the U.S. military began to rely on GPS coordinates to direct troops.

Over the years, congressional leaders and military officials, including former Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, have weighed consolidating space operations. In 2016, the proposal gained steam when Reps. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) and Mike Rogers (R-Ala.) began advocating for a “space corps.”

The bipartisan pair later introduced legislation to pave the way. They wanted the military to commit more time and resources to space — something that wasn’t always prioritized by a fighter-pilot-heavy Air Force leadership.

But there wasn’t enough support in the U.S. Senate for the proposal. Then, in 2018, Trump seized upon the idea.

In a speech to Marines at Air Station Miramar in San Diego that March, Trump noted that the U.S. was doing a “tremendous amount of work in space,” adding, “maybe we need a new force” called the Space Force. (Cooper would later say Trump “tried to hijack” the idea of the space corps.)

Five months later, Vice President Mike Pence announced that the Pentagon would create a new branch of the armed forces called the U.S. Department of the Space Force. The Space Force was then included in the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act, which was passed by Congress and signed into law by Trump last December.

At this point, it’s “highly unlikely” that the Biden administration would try to eliminate the Space Force, Harrison said. “It would be 10 times more disruptive if we tried to reverse it at this point.”

Doing so would require a vote in the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate, as well as the president’s signature, he said.

“I have not heard anyone seriously contemplating the idea of disestablishing it,” Harrison said. “It hasn’t even gotten a chance to get started yet.”

Not to mention the bureaucratic difficulties of trying to transfer back agencies and people.

“You’ve already transferred thousands of individuals into the Space Force,” said Doug Loverro, former deputy assistant secretary of Defense for space policy and a leading advocate of the Space Force before its inception. “Can you imagine pulling the rug out from under them?”

The Space Force itself seems intent on sticking around.

In a document laying out the service’s priorities, Chief of Space Operations Gen. John W. “Jay” Raymond says “proliferating technology” and “competitive interests” have changed space from a benign environment to “one in which we anticipate all aspects of human endeavor — including warfare.”

The goals for the service include developing new capabilities, increasing cooperation and enabling a “lean and agile service.”

And in a decisive statement, the document — released just days after the election — states that it provides a foundation for where the Space Force wants to be “over the next decade, beyond the tenure of any one [chief of space operations], administration or Congress.”

In a Tuesday call with reporters, Raymond said he met with the Biden transition team last week. The conversation, he said, was good.

Why not replace Trumps Space Force with Biden’s Space Force

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm

Postauthoritarian America wrote:It needs to be said: this worst administration in the history of the nation is checked out while every day more people die from COVID than died on 9/11/01. If for nothing more than that Trump needs to go.

Plenty of socialist nations in Europe (which are mostly led by liberal leaders) have high death tolls as well. If they are liberal and have harsh restrictions on civil liberties, why do they also have high death tolls?

I hope you are not blaming Trump for the virus deaths. Belgium, Italy, Spain, and the UK have similar death rates to the USA.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths worldwide per one million population as of January 13, 2021, by country

https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... habitants/
Your political compass

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:30 pm

ImperialRussia wrote:

Considering it didn’t stop the Mongols or the Manchus I’d say pretty much.

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:30 pm

Eahland wrote:

There were more American deaths from COVID-19 yesterday than there were in the Iraq War.

At current rates, we'll reach "more American deaths from COVID-19 than from World War II" before Trump leaves office. We're already at more than three World War Is.

Who will you blame in a couple weeks when Biden is in charge if people keep dying? Trump is not God (despite what a few enthusiastic people might believe).
Your political compass

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:31 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

And yet the majority of the scientific establishment disagrees with them.

Funny how the opinions of s irises only matter when they agree with you.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:

Plenty of socialist nations in Europe (which are mostly led by liberal leaders) have high death tolls as well. If they are liberal and have harsh restrictions on civil liberties, why do they also have high death tolls?

I hope you are not blaming Trump for the virus deaths. Belgium, Italy, Spain, and the UK have similar death rates to the USA.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths worldwide per one million population as of January 13, 2021, by country

https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... habitants/

Basically Anglo-Saxon men have come out looking very irresponsible and irrational this past year. As far as I can tell the main topic in the UK around Covid is 'yes but can we go to the pub', getting down to the ridiculous debate as to whether a scotch egg is a substantial meal.

Between white people's attitude to the virus and the white supremacists who stormed the Capitol and overwhelmingly support Trump, let's just say Brand White Man took a beating.

Near all of Asia including Australia and NZ are pretty ok with things, and we probably have harsher restrictions as well.

Having said that, having a leader so stupid as to downplay, mix message and even fucking catch it themselves - hello Trump and Boris Johnson - is appalling lack of leadership.

It may well have been bad but it didn't have to be so very bad.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm

American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Eahland
Senator

Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Eahland wrote:There were more American deaths from COVID-19 yesterday than there were in the Iraq War.

Who will you blame in a couple weeks when Biden is in charge if people keep dying? Trump is not God (despite what a few enthusiastic people might believe).

When people keep dying. And Trump. It's his fault that we're in such a terrible position, due to his inept and often actively malicious handling of the pandemic. His politicization of mask-wearing has murdered tens of thousands of people.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:36 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:Plenty of socialist nations in Europe (which are mostly led by liberal leaders) have high death tolls as well. If they are liberal and have harsh restrictions on civil liberties, why do they also have high death tolls?

Except their death tolls are far lower than the US. The UK, which has the highest death toll out of all countries in Europe, has 83k deaths as of January 13, 2021. That's not even half the US' deaths, which sit at nearly 390k. https://www.statista.com/statistics/109 ... y-country/

We blame Trump for his inept preparations for the virus and his neglect that leads to over 300k American deaths. This mantra of "Don't blame Trump for the virus" is so boring and tiresome, it has been debunked repeatedly but some people still won't get it.

Oh and in absolute numbers, the US still ranks first in Covid deaths.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 pm

Eahland wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

When people keep dying. And Trump. It's his fault that we're in such a terrible position, due to his inept and often actively malicious handling of the pandemic. His politicization of mask-wearing has murdered tens of thousands of people.

Divisiveness will benefit the virus in the two party establishment

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 pm

My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General