NATION

PASSWORD

The Rise of China

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Raioge wrote:No, China isn't a system. Communism is a system.
Country is different than system.
Party isn't country

Most countries are not systems. China is though. The essence of China is:
1. Egalitarianism
2. Authoritarianism
3. Pacification of the populace

I’ve always thought it was
1. Honour
2. Loyalty
3. Good Governance

Nekostan-e Sharqi
Secretary

Founded: Dec 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Sharqi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:14 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
1. Egalitarianism
2. Authoritarianism

1. Honour
2. Loyalty
3. Good Governance

Lmao. China is not Japan.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
1. Egalitarianism
2. Authoritarianism

1. Honour
2. Loyalty
3. Good Governance

That’s probably the most generic way to describe any society.

National Capitalist United States
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby National Capitalist United States » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:54 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
1. Egalitarianism
2. Authoritarianism

1. Honour
2. Loyalty
3. Good Governance

I'm fairly sure it's
1. corporatocracy
2. totalitarism
3. cheap workforce
Entrepreneurial Freedom Zone

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:30 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
1. Egalitarianism
2. Authoritarianism

1. Honour
2. Loyalty
3. Good Governance

I'm pretty sure it's
1. Imperialism
2. Assimilation
3. Imperialism

...Hey. Wait a minute...
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:31 pm

Atheris wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
1. Honour
2. Loyalty
3. Good Governance

I'm pretty sure it's
1. Imperialism
2. Assimilation
3. Imperialism

...Hey. Wait a minute...

Assimilationism is a necessary consequence of egalitarianism. Other societies that strongly support egalitarianism such as France are also often strongly assimilationist.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:37 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Raioge wrote:No, China isn't a system. Communism is a system.
Country is different than system.
Party isn't country

1. Egalitarianism
2. Authoritarianism

Ah yes China. Historically known for its rather horizontal social structure./s
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Yuzu China
Attaché

Founded: Jan 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzu China » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:46 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Yuzu China wrote:
Neoliberalism is simply the way of nature. Don't force things.

*Not actual heroes/heroism, because that's feudal superstition, merely chose the closest English term.

If freedom entails me being forced to live in 50 C average Sweden because the corpos has wrecked the planet that's no longer freedom.

If you don't understand exactly what climate change really is, then don't bother complaining. Sweden, Canada/some other countries actually benefit from climate change, how shocking. When my Western friend's friend went hysterical on "how we're all going to die," I fell out of my chair laughing. This is the funniest cult I've been around in some time.

If I were Sweden I would actually cheer it on. So I don't just mind climate change happening at all, as Ronald McDonald put it: I'm lovin' it.
Last edited by Yuzu China on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:47 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
1. Egalitarianism
2. Authoritarianism

Ah yes China. Historically known for its rather horizontal social structure./s

You do not seem to get what I was saying. The social structure of China is highly vertical, hence #2. However it is also competitive with people being upward and downward mobile, hence #1. Egalitarianism simply indicates the absence of a caste system. It actually makes the authoritarianism even more brutal.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:48 pm

Yuzu China wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Neoliberalism is making humanity destroy itself as we speak.

*Not actual heroes/heroism, because that's feudal superstition, merely chose the closest English term.

"Simply the way of nature"
>Has only existed for about 40-50 years

Yuzu China
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzu China » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:49 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
Yuzu China wrote:

"Simply the way of nature"

If you don't understand the history of China, that's not my problem.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:53 pm

Yuzu China wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:If freedom entails me being forced to live in 50 C average Sweden because the corpos has wrecked the planet that's no longer freedom.

If you don't understand exactly what climate change really is, then don't bother complaining. Sweden, Canada/some other countries actually benefit from climate change, how shocking. When my Western friend's friend went hysterical on "how we're all going to die," I fell out of my chair laughing. This is the funniest cult I've been around in some time.

If I were Sweden I would actually cheer it on. So I don't just mind climate change happening at all, as Ronald McDonald put it: I'm lovin' it.

I've seen people apathetic towards climate change, even denying it. But actively cheering it on? Cheering on the potential death and dislocation of billions? Cheering on the extinction of thousands of species? Cheering on the acceleration of our species's death due to the will of the corporate overlords?

Either this is a coping mechanism or just a misinformed take.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.

Yuzu China
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzu China » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:55 pm

Atheris wrote:
Yuzu China wrote:

I've seen people apathetic towards climate change, even denying it. But actively cheering it on? Cheering on the potential death and dislocation of billions? Cheering on the extinction of thousands of species? Cheering on the acceleration of our species's death due to the will of the corporate overlords?

It depends on which country you live in, if you are human or another species, your intelligence, etc. As the british say, 「Ta Ta!」

_________
Since we're on the topic of my favorite governance, here's my preference per NS parlance:
「Citizens are effectively ruled by a group of massive multinational corporations who run for political office/provide well-off citizens with world-class goods/services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out/get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.」
Last edited by Yuzu China on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:00 pm

Atheris wrote:
Yuzu China wrote:

This is what happens when people need to be free from Sinostatism.

What is Sinostatism?

Yuzu China
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzu China » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:03 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Atheris wrote:I've seen people apathetic towards climate change, even denying it. But actively cheering it on? Cheering on the potential death and dislocation of billions? Cheering on the extinction of thousands of species? Cheering on the acceleration of our species's death due to the will of the corporate overlords?

This is what happens when people need to be free from Sinostatism.

It is a matter of literal, basic science: there are winners and losers. Just like according to Stolper Samuelson or any game theory, there are winners and losers. Simple.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Yuzu China wrote:
Atheris wrote:I've seen people apathetic towards climate change, even denying it. But actively cheering it on? Cheering on the potential death and dislocation of billions? Cheering on the extinction of thousands of species? Cheering on the acceleration of our species's death due to the will of the corporate overlords?

It depends on which country you live in, if you are human or another species, your intelligence, etc. As the british say, 「Ta Ta!」

_________
Since we're on the topic of my favorite governance, here's my preference per NS parlance:
「Citizens are effectively ruled by a group of massive multinational corporations who run for political office/provide well-off citizens with world-class goods/services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out/get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.」

Allowing humans to die en masse as policy is brutal. Doing that to one’s own countrymen without an ideology like communism or foreign rule is usually Sinostatist.

What is Sinostatism?

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:09 pm

Yuzu China wrote:
The Marlborough wrote:"Simply the way of nature"

I never said anything about China, I was commenting on neoliberalism.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:09 pm

The Marlborough wrote:
Yuzu China wrote:

I never said anything about China, I was commenting on neoliberalism.

China needs to be abolished.

What is Sinostatism?

Yuzu China
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzu China » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:14 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Yuzu China wrote:

_________

Allowing humans to die en masse as policy is brutal. Doing that to one’s own countrymen without an ideology like communism or foreign rule is usually Sinostatist.

「Allowing humans to die en masse as policy is brutal.」
Welcome to the real world. We'll see if you even believe your own words, so I'll check your bank transactions. 「口嫌體正直」---The mouth says no, but the body is honest.

Foreign aid, accepting refugees etc or any sort of intervention into another country/society's affairs is wrong. It's none of our business unless you prefer what is by definition imperialism, but of course that's racist and 「more evil than Darth Vader,」 as the Westerners put it.

East Asia, Northern Europe etc are among the winners of climate change anyways. You already see the losers on TV, need I name the names?
Last edited by Yuzu China on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:22 pm

Yuzu China wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Welcome to the real world. We'll see if you even believe your own words, so I'll check your bank transactions. 「口嫌體正直」---The mouth says no, but the body is honest.

Foreign aid, accepting refugees etc or any sort of intervention into another country/society's affairs is wrong. It's none of our business unless you prefer what is by definition imperialism, but of course that's racist and 「more evil than Darth Vader,」 as the Westerners put it.

East Asia, Northern Europe etc are among the winners of climate change anyways. You already see the losers on TV, need I name the names?

Darth Vader wasn't evil, though...
#FreeNSGRojava

Yuzu China
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzu China » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:23 pm

「The US plans to execute a man for a crime he committed at 19. Scientists say the research on brain development makes that wrong」https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/24/us/christopher-vialva-execution-brain-development-trnd/index.html

Exactly how old does the age need to be raised? And yet the age of teaching s_x ed is younger and younger because people are going through biological changes earlier and earlier. 「Abortion is fine and s__x is too (they teach in it European kindergartens)... as long as it isn't with someone over 18. Yet it's ok for children to s__xually work at the st__p club and sex change surgery too: https://newstalk1290.com/an-11-year-old ... elebrates/

What's this, open air preschool for adults? Whatever the age of majority is, at some point you need to change your own diapers. What happens will happen.
Last edited by Yuzu China on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CalaisDenmark
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 11, 2021
Ex-Nation

CCP comes From

Postby CalaisDenmark » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:47 am

The First, They came from Nationalists(KMT).
I wasn't a Nationalist, so I didn't speak up.
Then they came from Uyghurs and Tibets.
I wasn't a Uyghur or Tibet., so I didn't speak up.
Then they came from Democrat.
I wasn't a Democrat, so I didn't speak up.
Then they came from Falun Gong.
I wasn't a Falun Gong, so I didn't speak up.
Then they come from me,
I know no one will speak up.

Original worker:Martin Niemöller
Adaptation from: CalaisDenmark

When you are enjoying your Political Freedom, Please think of the poor Chinese People.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:25 am

Yuzu China wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Remember the continued relevance of biology in politics: all of politics is bio-politics. Politics is really about who to send to death and who to make unlikely to die. That being said, mass hypocrisy does have some advantage over extreme struggle in the entire population though. Open and explicit Darwinian politics is pretty dangerous and can often be counterproductive. People in harsh environments die. Yet Europe and Japan made sure that the dying did not get to rebel against the entire society and bring it down with them when they did die.

From a biological perspective China is actually not deadlier than Japan in history no matter what Liu Zhongjing et al said since all of NE Asia was the most miserable and hardworking part of the earth (see Farewell to the Alms by Greg Clark). However deaths in Japan were not that socially disruptive. This is why it is much easier to develop better tech, a strong military and reduce corruption in Japan compared to China.

Let’s say what you said is true. Then you should be glad that India is too religious to pull off something a European or NE Asian country or Israel would have done in a similar situation and convert climate change-related issues into a raw global existential ethnic or racial war with zero possibility of mercy or truce. If there is someone like me in charge of a country like the Philippines (let’s say I married a Filipina) and CC is threatening to kill 40% of Filipinos by 2070 we will make you pay very dearly...in a Lehi manner. Believe me, it is something even Sinostatists don’t want to face since ethnic strife in East Europe sometimes exceeds even Sinostatism in brutality.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:52 am

CalaisDenmark wrote:The First, They came from Nationalists(KMT).
I wasn't a Nationalist, so I didn't speak up.
Then they came from Uyghurs and Tibets.
I wasn't a Uyghur or Tibet., so I didn't speak up.
Then they came from Democrat.
I wasn't a Democrat, so I didn't speak up.
Then they came from Falun Gong.
I wasn't a Falun Gong, so I didn't speak up.
Then they come from me,
I know no one will speak up.

Original worker:Martin Niemöller
Adaptation from: CalaisDenmark

When you are enjoying your Political Freedom, Please think of the poor Chinese People.

This is definitely true for religious and ethnic minorities who happen to be in China.

As for the secular Han majority as well as minorities who do assimilate your views are a bit naive. China is not an ethnostate, a Stalinist state or a fascist state. Instead it is a centralized authoritarian state not very different from earlier iterations of China. China functions by encouraging the bright and ambitious all over the state to join the bureaucracy and make it a class with special interests that treat the rest of the population like cattle by breaking up social unity, thereby establishing itself as what’s equivalent to Animal Farm, a farm managed by animals that treat animals like shit.

Please check out my link below by David Goldman.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:19 am

Yuzu China wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:If freedom entails me being forced to live in 50 C average Sweden because the corpos has wrecked the planet that's no longer freedom.

The majority of Scandinavia’s population lives on the coast. Y’know, the part that’ll get flooded?

Also once the northern regions, which are sparsely populated and border southern neighbors which have a greater population and are generally stronger militarily, what do you think is going to happen?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General