NATION

PASSWORD

Humanity vs. All the Animals - Who Would Win?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Three Palins
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Three Palins » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:37 pm

Punished UMN wrote:
The Three Palins wrote:Humans would take some losses on the first day, particularly from pets. Perhaps from birds if they know that to chase us in front of traffic is the best way. Rural areas would be seriously depopulated.

However, there aren't a lot of large animals capable of breaking glass, in the cities where most people live. We'd foil their murderous intentions by doing what we're best at: staying inside our houses. The military would deliver supplies, until supplies ran out, but people wouldn't be starving to death for maybe a year.

Within that time we'd kill them all, using conventional military means, and perhaps species-specific chemical and biological weapons. All of this assuming that micro-organisms cannot willfully evolve to pose maximum threat to us, in which case "animals" might win.

Humans wouldn't be able to survive without animals though.

Escherichia coli may be essential. Bos taurus is not.
Michael Palin - 3rd funniest Monty Python -- PM of TTP
Sarah Palin - Best female VP candidate, US - Foreign Affairs
Robert Palin - Unlucky burglar, hanged 1861 - Justice, Health, Treasury

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Punished UMN wrote:
The Three Palins wrote:Humans would take some losses on the first day, particularly from pets. Perhaps from birds if they know that to chase us in front of traffic is the best way. Rural areas would be seriously depopulated.

However, there aren't a lot of large animals capable of breaking glass, in the cities where most people live. We'd foil their murderous intentions by doing what we're best at: staying inside our houses. The military would deliver supplies, until supplies ran out, but people wouldn't be starving to death for maybe a year.

Within that time we'd kill them all, using conventional military means, and perhaps species-specific chemical and biological weapons. All of this assuming that micro-organisms cannot willfully evolve to pose maximum threat to us, in which case "animals" might win.

I mean we could survive.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:05 pm

It should be total human victory because humanity is the master race.

We have firearms (which are basically Zeus thunderbolt launchers) and much more. Tigers, lions, bears etc would be rendered irrelevant once we group up. The insects could cause a bit of trouble but not once we resort to chemical warfare. The biggest weapon of all is the human intellect and mind. I believe humanity would prevail.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:07 pm

Humans because we literally have the ability and knowhow to render this rock cold and lifeless for the rest of eternity.
Last edited by Mandicoria on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Nilokeras
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nilokeras » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:12 pm

The Three Palins wrote:That seems outside the bounds of the scenario, though. "No improvement in intelligence other than knowing the best way to kill us" still leaves a bacterium at zero intelligence.

Bacteria aren't animals. Hence the 'interpreting animals very conservatively' statement. The total biomass of soil and human microbiomes, even restricting the ledger to 'animals', is more than enough to finish the job.

The Three Palins
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Three Palins » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:16 pm

Mandicoria wrote:Humans because we literally have the ability and knowhow to render this rock cold and lifeless for the rest of eternity.

By unstockpiling all the nukes and using them deliberately to cause nuclear winter in south and north hemispheres, maybe. There is undersea life that would survive even the total freezing-over of the oceans, and underground life that would survive all the soil becoming tundra.

And even if every form of life, and the proteins that could give birth to new life, was destroyed, there would still be abiogenesis eventually. It happened once, eventually it would happen again. Radioactivity would subside, the sun would come back out, perhaps oxygen would have to run down due to reactions with volcanic emissions or land/sea minerals, but eventually the whole infestation of our pristine rock would begin over again.

I'll put in a plug for sentient plants. Territoriality would still be a problem, and struggle over resources, but there would be no war and government would be a minor thing involving bees.

The Three Palins
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Three Palins » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:19 pm

Nilokeras wrote:
The Three Palins wrote:That seems outside the bounds of the scenario, though. "No improvement in intelligence other than knowing the best way to kill us" still leaves a bacterium at zero intelligence.

Bacteria aren't animals. Hence the 'interpreting animals very conservatively' statement. The total biomass of soil and human microbiomes, even restricting the ledger to 'animals', is more than enough to finish the job.

Humanity taken down by a particularly bitey plague of body and head lice?

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:25 pm

The Three Palins wrote:
Mandicoria wrote:Humans because we literally have the ability and knowhow to render this rock cold and lifeless for the rest of eternity.

By unstockpiling all the nukes and using them deliberately to cause nuclear winter in south and north hemispheres, maybe. There is undersea life that would survive even the total freezing-over of the oceans, and underground life that would survive all the soil becoming tundra.

And even if every form of life, and the proteins that could give birth to new life, was destroyed, there would still be abiogenesis eventually. It happened once, eventually it would happen again. Radioactivity would subside, the sun would come back out, perhaps oxygen would have to run down due to reactions with volcanic emissions or land/sea minerals, but eventually the whole infestation of our pristine rock would begin over again.

I'll put in a plug for sentient plants. Territoriality would still be a problem, and struggle over resources, but there would be no war and government would be a minor thing involving bees.

Until you realize all of the pollution and waste caused by the radiation washing into the oceans; the irreversible climate change that's already in motion being made tenfold worse than intended; and the fact the atmosphere would be rendered toxic permanently from the constant waste and destruction. Yeah nah fam that's a cope. The most you'd get is bacteria lasting for a bit, and cave animals. But life in a large capacity will be rendered fucked on such a level that not even the big extinction events could match.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Nilokeras
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nilokeras » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 pm

The Three Palins wrote:
Nilokeras wrote:

Humanity taken down by a particularly bitey plague of body and head lice?

Death by mange and secondary infection and intestinal sepsis.

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:16 pm

Um rendering our planet a cold and lifeless rock means humanity lost

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:26 pm

Probably not. We're not quite sure what would actually happen if say we set off every nuclear device ever but it'd probably be far worse for us then say the tube worms living at the bottom of the ocean. The sheer volume of the biomass that is in the oceans and/or arthropods makes a quick extermination impossible without having wiped ourselves out first most likely.

Cetacea wrote:

Um rendering our planet a cold and lifeless rock means humanity lost

Moral fucking victory.

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:02 pm

Punished UMN wrote:

You're right! And animals can live without humans, so either way we lose.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:23 pm

However, there aren't a lot of large animals capable of breaking glass, in the cities where most people live. We'd foil their murderous intentions by doing what we're best at: staying inside our houses. The military would deliver supplies, until supplies ran out, but people wouldn't be starving to death for maybe

DO you still believe that after Covid-19 lockdown violation?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Humans wouldn't be able to survive without animals though.

You're right! And animals can live without humans, so either way we lose.

Actually, even if we discard domestic animals, many wild animals require humans for survival, particularly those who live in urban areas. Some animals, for example, feed on our garbage and would die without it. Birds rest on electrical wires, some spiders would die if we kicked them out of our homes. This is especially in the old world, where cities have been around longer, giving animals more time to evolve around us. If humanity goes extinct, most domestic animals go with us, and there'd probably be a few mass extinctions amongst wild animals
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:35 pm

Animals. Together. Strong!
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:38 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nematode

These are worms, so animals.
They would kill us before any other animal would reach us. They already live inside us, our homes, our plants, our pets...
Good luck shooting things you can't see...

The Three Palins
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Three Palins » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:47 am

Australian rePublic wrote:

However, there aren't a lot of large animals capable of breaking glass, in the cities where most people live. We'd foil their murderous intentions by doing what we're best at: staying inside our houses. The military would deliver supplies, until supplies ran out, but people wouldn't be starving to death for maybe

DO you still believe that after Covid-19 lockdown violation?

We hardly notice anything when someone dies of Covid. It happens in a hospital, it's not bloody or violent. This is a whole other deal. People would be afraid to leave their houses for their own sake not just a few percent risk to some stranger.

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:07 am

The Three Palins wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:DO you still believe that after Covid-19 lockdown violation?

We hardly notice anything when someone dies of Covid. It happens in a hospital, it's not bloody or violent. This is a whole other deal. People would be afraid to leave their houses for their own sake not just a few percent risk to some stranger.

Since the house is already infested with animals, you would first have to escape...

The Three Palins
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Three Palins » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:37 am

Thepeopl wrote:
The Three Palins wrote:

Since the house is already infested with animals, you would first have to escape...

I have a couple of spiders in my house. And they're way too smart to attack me.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:52 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Humans wouldn't be able to survive without animals though.

I mean we could survive.

Through what means? Cannibalism? Vegan diets?
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:53 am

Everyone: We're safe in our houses.

Ants:
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:16 am

Kannap wrote:There are about 200 million insects per human on the planet.

Animals win, hands down.

Not if we nuke the planet
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:21 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Kannap wrote:There are about 200 million insects per human on the planet.

Animals win, hands down.

Not if we nuke the planet

Debatable

https://www.livescience.com/32749-could ... inter.html
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:24 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Not if we nuke the planet

Debatable

https://www.livescience.com/32749-could ... inter.html

Well I guess we gotta nuke the moon and send it crashing into earth. That should do it
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:26 am

Thermodolia wrote:

Well I guess we gotta nuke the moon and send it crashing into earth. That should do it

I don’t think the physics of that work out.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General