NATION

PASSWORD

How do you cut your toast?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

How do you cut your toast? (Names not official)

Le triangle (1)
13%
L'Equator slice (2)
10%
Le Long Boi (3)
No votes
I don't cut it
77%
Le Toss à la Rubbish Bin
No votes

Total votes : 39

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:01 pm

Jedi Council wrote:I prefer bagels

Back away! I will deal with this Jedi slime myself!

*opens packet of English muffins*
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Dumpstopia
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 09, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dumpstopia » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:04 pm

I prefer 2 myself. I think anyone who eats their toast without cutting it needs to slow down.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:10 pm

A couple people: "You cut your toast into 3 slices when I only do 2 lateral slices?!"

A couple more people: "3 slices? I only cut it into two slices diagonally!"

Everyone else: "You guys are cutting your toast?"
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:32 pm

I don't often eat just toast. Sometimes I toast bread for sandwiches, but, as established in an earlier thread, I don't normally cut my sandwiches. When I do cut sandwiches, it's usually because I'm only having a half-sandwich, and so the bread needs to be cut into two pieces to fulfill the basic structural requirements of sandwiching the filling. But I'm a big guy and need my fuel, so if I'm only eating a half-sandwich, it's generally because I only have one slice of bread left. If I only have one slice of bread left, it's the bottom of the loaf with the hole in it where the bread machine paddle was, because I always eat that last, because it's tough and crusty and has a big hole in it, so I won't miss it much if it goes moldy before I can eat it. So if I cut it, I follow the existing hole if possible, because the resulting pieces are more structurally sound that way. So, ultimately, the answer is, "When I cut toast, the direction depends on the orientation of the bread machine paddle."

The loaves that my bread machine produces are only practical to slice horizontally, because they're much taller than they are wide or deep, which produces square slices of bread, so there's no distinction between cutting the bread latitudinally or longitudinally.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:37 pm

Ah, one of the great reoccurring arguments of the Hirota household.

Mrs Hirota always gets irate if I've not done at least halves, and she always prefers it when her toast is quartered.

Me, I'm just happy leaving it uncut when I can get away with it.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:41 am

I don't.

Even if I want toast to be smaller than the slice of bread (perhaps to dunk it in something more easily), I just tear it.

However, triangles is the way to go.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Previous

Return to General