NATION

PASSWORD

Should the United States Federal government be dissolved?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:
Adamede wrote:No, it’s predates the US itself because in the English language it refers to a specific group of people/nation and has for centuries, and as such isn’t changing anytime soon.

You’re free to call us whatever you u want in Spanish, and you’re also free to call yourselves whatever you want, but the name in English isn’t going to change, especially not to one of the dumbass alternatives that I keep on seeing.

Yup

Liberals want to cry foul play about how calling Americans American is somehow racist or exclusionary but I honestly agree that we should just keep it for the sake of our culture

["Liberals"]
Lmfao
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

Rijk van Afrika
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rijk van Afrika » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:20 pm

Disgraces wrote:
Rijk van Afrika wrote:Yup

Liberals want to cry foul play about how calling Americans American is somehow racist or exclusionary but I honestly agree that we should just keep it for the sake of our culture

["Liberals"]
Lmfao

I haven't seen a conservative whining about the use of the word 'American'

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:
Adamede wrote:No, it’s predates the US itself because in the English language it refers to a specific group of people/nation and has for centuries, and as such isn’t changing anytime soon.

You’re free to call us whatever you u want in Spanish, and you’re also free to call yourselves whatever you want, but the name in English isn’t going to change, especially not to one of the dumbass alternatives that I keep on seeing.

Yup

Ah yes, liberal as a buzzword for anything you don't like or disagree with.

And here I thought kicking Trump out would be enough to end the use, but cest la vie~
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Disgraces wrote:It "predates the US itself" because it literally doesn't have another denonym.

Alright, I still don't see why Americans can't identify themselves as Americans, and why that has to be a problem for Argentinians, Brazilians, and so forth.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Rijk van Afrika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Rijk van Afrika » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:24 pm

New haven america wrote:
Rijk van Afrika wrote:Yup

Ah yes, liberal as a buzzword for anything you don't like or disagree with.

And here I thought kicking Trump out would be enough to end the use, but cest la vie~

No, liberal as a valid qualifier for people who want to destroy our culture and traditions for not apparent reason

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:24 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
Glorious Hong Kong wrote:I would strongly prefer if that didn't happen, but if the American people decide to abolish the United States and live in 50+ countries, that's their prerogative. The huge flipside is that China and Russia would quickly fill the void. I prefer to see a strong, stable, and prosperous America that can stare down its enemies.

The nation is RADICALLY split politically, we are already living in two nations per se.

No actually, the US population generally has the same culture and goals.

The problem though is that one side, The Republican Party (Or the American Fascist Party if you prefer) leadership, has duped ~1/2 the country into believing that anything that helps them is actually harmful and anti-American.

Like farmers who rail against welfare but happily cash in their monthly subsidy checks, or people who think taxing the 1% would raise costs for the average person, etc...
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:24 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:
New haven america wrote:Ah yes, liberal as a buzzword for anything you don't like or disagree with.

No, liberal as a valid qualifier for people who want to destroy our culture and traditions for not apparent reason

So you think Trump's a liberal?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Disgraces
Ambassador

Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:25 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:
New haven america wrote:Ah yes, liberal as a buzzword for anything you don't like or disagree with.

I prefer to call it reason.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:25 pm

That's been the case well before Trump.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Disgraces wrote:It "predates the US itself" because it literally doesn't have another denonym.

Alright, I still don't see why Americans can't identify themselves as Americans, and why that has to be a problem for Argentinians, Brazilians, and so forth.

It seems like a non-issue that only busybodies really complain about honestly.
Really I think the reason the Founding Fathers went with 'America' was either because they thought that we were destined to take over the hemisphere, or perhaps they arrogantly thought that the other natives would never throw off their colonizers.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:

I complain about liberals too but this sounds like the kind of thing someone who's never actually met a liberal would say.

Rijk van Afrika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Rijk van Afrika » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:28 pm

New haven america wrote:
Rijk van Afrika wrote:No, liberal as a valid qualifier for people who want to destroy our culture and traditions for not apparent reason

So you think Trump's a liberal?

Trump has been saving American culture. But yes, sort of - he's not extreme enough. The Republican party is too moderate for my liking.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:
New haven america wrote:So you think Trump's a liberal?

Trump has been saving American culture. But yes, sort of - he's not extreme enough. The Republican party is too moderate for my liking.

What parts of American culture?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Rijk van Afrika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Rijk van Afrika » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:29 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Rijk van Afrika wrote:No, liberal as a valid qualifier for people who want to destroy our culture and traditions for not apparent reason

I complain about liberals too but this sounds like the kind of thing someone who's never actually met a liberal would say.

I read the news. I'm entitled to an informed opinion.

Case in point: any news article about Berkeley.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:29 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:
New haven america wrote:So you think Trump's a liberal?

Lol okay boyo.

Rijk van Afrika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Rijk van Afrika » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:30 pm

New haven america wrote:
Rijk van Afrika wrote:Trump has been saving American culture. But yes, sort of - he's not extreme enough. The Republican party is too moderate for my liking.

What parts of American culture?

The part where America is supposed to be a Christian country with a Protestant work ethic that is proud to speak English.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I complain about liberals too but this sounds like the kind of thing someone who's never actually met a liberal would say.

Fox News isn't news.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I complain about liberals too but this sounds like the kind of thing someone who's never actually met a liberal would say.

Entitled to? Surely.
In possession of? Doubt.

Rijk van Afrika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Rijk van Afrika » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:30 pm

New haven america wrote:
Rijk van Afrika wrote:I read the news. I'm entitled to an informed opinion.

Fox News isn't news.

Not fox news

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:31 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:
New haven america wrote:What parts of American culture?

The part where America is supposed to be a Christian country with a Protestant work ethic that is proud to speak English.

Ah so an extremely narrow view of American history that ignores about %95 of it, that makes sense.

Rijk van Afrika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Rijk van Afrika » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:31 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Rijk van Afrika wrote:The part where America is supposed to be a Christian country with a Protestant work ethic that is proud to speak English.

Ah so an extremely narrow view of American history that ignores about %95 of it, that makes sense.

Where is the 95% of American history that supposedly is not Christian, not Protestant, and primarily speaks a language other than English?

Disgraces
Ambassador

Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:

Are you a klansman by any chance?

Rijk van Afrika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Rijk van Afrika » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Disgraces wrote:
Rijk van Afrika wrote:The part where America is supposed to be a Christian country with a Protestant work ethic that is proud to speak English.

Are you a klansman by any chance?

no, I'm not racist

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:

The part where America is supposed to be a 1. Christian country with a 2. Protestant work ethic 3. that is proud to speak English.

1. Nope, US is secular, it never adopted a state religion.
2. Yes, Donald Trump, the billionaire whose family started out as German immigrants running brothels and is a trust fund baby truly is the spitting image of the Protestant work ethic.
3. America has no official language. Again, it never adopted a state language.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Rijk van Afrika wrote:

Supposed to be? According to what lmfao
Don't you think if that was the case the founders would've made those things, y'know, the law lmao
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General