NATION

PASSWORD

Morocco Normalizes Relations with Israel

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Phoenixy
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 62
Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenixy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:00 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Phoenixy wrote:Scotland is Britbong

No, lad.

But back on topic...

Make a thread about that, it will be fun.

User avatar
La xinga
Senator
 
Posts: 3886
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La xinga » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:04 am

Good

User avatar
Insaanistan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9714
Founded: Nov 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaanistan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:06 am

La xinga wrote:Good

Bad.
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته-Peace be with you!
BLM - Free Palestine - Abolish Kafala - Boycott Israel - Trump lost
Anti: DAESH & friends, IR Govt, Saudi Govt, Israeli Govt, China, anti-semitism, homophobia, racism, sexism, Fascism, Communism, Islamophobia.

Hello brother (or sister),
Unapologetic Muslim American
I’m neither a terrorist nor Iranian.
Ace-ish (Hate it when my friends are right!)
TG for questions on Islam!

User avatar
Adamede
Minister
 
Posts: 2761
Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Adamede » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:57 am

Insaanistan wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Or we could pull a MacArthur and just make the entire region uninhabitable with cobalt bombs.


Please no.

Can’t fight over who rightfully owns the land if the land is uninhabitable.
Last edited by Adamede on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
21yo male. Like most everyone else my opinions are garbage.

Pro: Democracy, 1st & 2nd Amendments, Science, Conservation, Nuclear, universal healthcare, Equality regardless of race, creed, or sexual orientation.
Neutral : Feminism, anarchism
Anti: Left and Right wing authoritarianism, religious extremists & theocracy, monarchy, nanny & surveillance states

User avatar
Insaanistan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9714
Founded: Nov 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaanistan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:50 pm

Sahrawi leadership condemns Morocco-US deal over Palestine and Sahrawi Arab Republic.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world/middle_e ... type=share
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته-Peace be with you!
BLM - Free Palestine - Abolish Kafala - Boycott Israel - Trump lost
Anti: DAESH & friends, IR Govt, Saudi Govt, Israeli Govt, China, anti-semitism, homophobia, racism, sexism, Fascism, Communism, Islamophobia.

Hello brother (or sister),
Unapologetic Muslim American
I’m neither a terrorist nor Iranian.
Ace-ish (Hate it when my friends are right!)
TG for questions on Islam!

User avatar
Carrelie
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Feb 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Carrelie » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Good on you, Morocco! The less strife in the world, the better.
However, we do still need to solve the whole Israel-Palestine situation without angering literally everyone, a bit of a daunting task.
The Carrelian Empire
Çe'ie onféïtèbe épanïèt
The bird's a crow.
NS Stats mostly not canon

User avatar
La xinga
Senator
 
Posts: 3886
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La xinga » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Insaanistan wrote:
La xinga wrote:Good

Bad.

y

User avatar
Insaanistan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9714
Founded: Nov 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaanistan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:04 pm

La xinga wrote:
Insaanistan wrote:Bad.

y

This emboldens Israel more, which in turn will make Israel do even worse stuff, both of which will anger Palestinians, some to the point of joining terrorist groups.
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته-Peace be with you!
BLM - Free Palestine - Abolish Kafala - Boycott Israel - Trump lost
Anti: DAESH & friends, IR Govt, Saudi Govt, Israeli Govt, China, anti-semitism, homophobia, racism, sexism, Fascism, Communism, Islamophobia.

Hello brother (or sister),
Unapologetic Muslim American
I’m neither a terrorist nor Iranian.
Ace-ish (Hate it when my friends are right!)
TG for questions on Islam!

User avatar
Genivaria
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67338
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Genivaria » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:16 pm

Insaanistan wrote:
La xinga wrote:y

This emboldens Israel more, which in turn will make Israel do even worse stuff, both of which will anger Palestinians, some to the point of joining terrorist groups.

I don't see it happening that way at all, the more nations that normalize relations the calmer the situation will be.
Not seeing how this will 'embolden' Israel at the way you speak unless Morroco for whatever reason signed a military alliance with Israel, and considering that they are on opposite ends of the Mediterranean that would be pretty pointless.
Liberal Social Democrat. Vague leftist, growing more cynical as each day passes.
The DNC is better than the GOP like Manslaughter is better than Murder: Seems like a lesser crime, but the victim can't tell the difference.

User avatar
La xinga
Senator
 
Posts: 3886
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La xinga » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Insaanistan wrote:
La xinga wrote:y

This emboldens Israel more, which in turn will make Israel do even worse stuff, both of which will anger Palestinians, some to the point of joining terrorist groups.

I don't know about that......
Last edited by La xinga on Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Postauthoritarian America
Diplomat
 
Posts: 694
Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Postauthoritarian America » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:04 pm

Former Republican US Secretary of State: Recognizing Morocco claim to W. Sahara "a serious blow to diplomacy and international law"

President Trump’s recent proclamation recognizing Moroccan sovereignty over Western Sahara was an astounding retreat from the principles of international law and diplomacy that the United States has espoused and respected for many years. This rash move disguised as diplomacy will contribute to the existing deadlock in resolving the long-standing conflict between Morocco and the people of Western Sahara over the status of that territory. Further, it threatens to complicate our relations with Algeria, an important strategic partner, and has negative consequences on the overall situation in North Africa.

The Abraham Accords and efforts to widen them are, of course, laudable ways to promote peace in the Middle East by establishing formal relations between Israel and Arab countries such as the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Sudan and now Morocco, especially if they would help in addressing the Palestinian dimension. Peace between Israelis and Arabs is critical to stability in that region. And so, Trump deserves credit for seeking to rearrange the chessboard in the Middle East.

But any success in this effort should never come at the price of abandoning the United States’ commitment to self-determination, the bedrock principle on which our country was founded and to which it should remain faithful. We should not simply turn our backs on the people of Western Sahara as we try to promote better relations between Israel and her Arab neighbors. Sadly, this cynical decision to recognize Morocco’s claim of sovereignty over Western Sahara in return for Morocco’s pledge to establish formal relations with Israel did just that...

The United States has unwisely abandoned its principles for something that will make no difference to the position of the international community and to the resolution of the conflict. Many U.S. allies and others have already made statements to that effect. The upcoming Biden administration would do well to rescind this rash and cynical action. Doing so will not undermine the Abraham Accords.”
Last edited by Postauthoritarian America on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8:46 | "There are but two parties now: traitors and patriots. And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter and, I trust, the stronger party." -- Ulysses S. Grant, 1861 | "You don't get mulligans in insurrection." | "It is long past time to admit the blindingly obvious: the Republican party has been hijacked by fascist extremists. It is now a far-right organization in league with neo-Nazis who have made it painfully clear they want to overthrow democracy and seize power, using violence if necessary." | "I didn't vote to overturn an election, and I will not be lectured by people who did about partisanship." -- Rep. Gerry Connolly

User avatar
Vivolkha
Diplomat
 
Posts: 757
Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:54 am

Postauthoritarian America wrote:Former Republican US Secretary of State: Recognizing Morocco claim to W. Sahara "a serious blow to diplomacy and international law"

President Trump’s recent proclamation recognizing Moroccan sovereignty over Western Sahara was an astounding retreat from the principles of international law and diplomacy that the United States has espoused and respected for many years. This rash move disguised as diplomacy will contribute to the existing deadlock in resolving the long-standing conflict between Morocco and the people of Western Sahara over the status of that territory. Further, it threatens to complicate our relations with Algeria, an important strategic partner, and has negative consequences on the overall situation in North Africa.

The Abraham Accords and efforts to widen them are, of course, laudable ways to promote peace in the Middle East by establishing formal relations between Israel and Arab countries such as the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Sudan and now Morocco, especially if they would help in addressing the Palestinian dimension. Peace between Israelis and Arabs is critical to stability in that region. And so, Trump deserves credit for seeking to rearrange the chessboard in the Middle East.

But any success in this effort should never come at the price of abandoning the United States’ commitment to self-determination, the bedrock principle on which our country was founded and to which it should remain faithful. We should not simply turn our backs on the people of Western Sahara as we try to promote better relations between Israel and her Arab neighbors. Sadly, this cynical decision to recognize Morocco’s claim of sovereignty over Western Sahara in return for Morocco’s pledge to establish formal relations with Israel did just that...

The United States has unwisely abandoned its principles for something that will make no difference to the position of the international community and to the resolution of the conflict. Many U.S. allies and others have already made statements to that effect. The upcoming Biden administration would do well to rescind this rash and cynical action. Doing so will not undermine the Abraham Accords.”

The reality is that Morocco profits from this move at nearly zero reward in exchange. Even if Biden backtracks on Western Sahara, Morocco will now know that they can use Israel as leverage against the US.
Made of 100% cynicism. Currently, this is an exclusively OOC nation.
Pro: Parlamentarism, atheism, EU, EU and UN reform, capitalism (generally), strong state, welfare state, authoritarian drug policies, abortion, nuclear power, space exploration, science
Anti: Religion, totalitarianism (includes Communism/Fascism by definition), socialism, Trump, alt-right, drug decriminalization, conspiracy theories, laissez-faire capitalism, monarchism, anti-intellectualism

Check out my Dispatch guides!
How to build a realistic totalitarian state | How to start with any nation type (UPDATED)

User avatar
La xinga
Senator
 
Posts: 3886
Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La xinga » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:07 am

IDK if this is gravediggin', but Bhutan normalized too.

https://www.jpost.com/international/isr ... tan-651904

User avatar
Autumn Wind
Diplomat
 
Posts: 745
Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Autumn Wind » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:30 am

La xinga wrote:IDK if this is gravediggin', but Bhutan normalized too.

https://www.jpost.com/international/isr ... tan-651904


Bhutan’s failure to recognize Israel has long been a major roadblock to peace in the Middle East, exacerbated many economic and and ethnic tensions. I’m so ecstatic about all the facets of Middle Eastern geopolitics that will change with Bhutan’s recognition.
Your faith does not amuse me. Fundamentalism is a singularly unfunny disposition- A Rightist Puppet

In short, "fascist" is a modern word for "heretic," branding an individual worthy of excommunication from the body politic. The right uses otherwords ("reverse-racist," "feminazi," "unamerican," "communist") for similiar purposes, but these words have less elastic meanings. Fascism, however, is the gift that keeps on giving. - Jonah Goldberg, revisited.

User avatar
Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister
 
Posts: 3197
Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:36 am

Autumn Wind wrote:
La xinga wrote:IDK if this is gravediggin', but Bhutan normalized too.

https://www.jpost.com/international/isr ... tan-651904


Bhutan’s failure to recognize Israel has long been a major roadblock to peace in the Middle East, exacerbated many economic and and ethnic tensions. I’m so ecstatic about all the facets of Middle Eastern geopolitics that will change with Bhutan’s recognition.


Bhutan is not in the Middle East, nor is it Muslim.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

User avatar
Insaanistan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9714
Founded: Nov 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaanistan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:00 am

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Autumn Wind wrote:
Bhutan’s failure to recognize Israel has long been a major roadblock to peace in the Middle East, exacerbated many economic and and ethnic tensions. I’m so ecstatic about all the facets of Middle Eastern geopolitics that will change with Bhutan’s recognition.


Bhutan is not in the Middle East, nor is it Muslim.

Bhutan doesn’t even recognize it’s Muslim minority.
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته-Peace be with you!
BLM - Free Palestine - Abolish Kafala - Boycott Israel - Trump lost
Anti: DAESH & friends, IR Govt, Saudi Govt, Israeli Govt, China, anti-semitism, homophobia, racism, sexism, Fascism, Communism, Islamophobia.

Hello brother (or sister),
Unapologetic Muslim American
I’m neither a terrorist nor Iranian.
Ace-ish (Hate it when my friends are right!)
TG for questions on Islam!

User avatar
Insaanistan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9714
Founded: Nov 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaanistan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:03 am

Moroccan police disperse protests against normalization with Israel.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/moroccan- ... srael/amp/
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته-Peace be with you!
BLM - Free Palestine - Abolish Kafala - Boycott Israel - Trump lost
Anti: DAESH & friends, IR Govt, Saudi Govt, Israeli Govt, China, anti-semitism, homophobia, racism, sexism, Fascism, Communism, Islamophobia.

Hello brother (or sister),
Unapologetic Muslim American
I’m neither a terrorist nor Iranian.
Ace-ish (Hate it when my friends are right!)
TG for questions on Islam!

User avatar
Greed and Death
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53383
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:39 am

Insaanistan wrote:I’m not surprised, just saddened.
Morocco has decided to normalize relations with Israel as part of a US-brokered deal, angering all Moroccans Who are not the king. The same king that jails you for saying you don’t like him.
Palestine! Palestine! Crown of your people! How your brothers cry out as our leaders betray you!

Part of the deal is the US recognizes Morocco’s claims to the Sahrawi Arab Republic.
One colonization recognition for another.

Oh dear of course. This will turn into a mess.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Dwarf Land4
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: May 06, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dwarf Land4 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:50 am

While this is an incredible happening, the fourth this year, the US should recognise Palestine, Palestine and ISrael should set up a full border, rather than the line in the sand Israel keeps rubbing out. Don't get me wrong, I support Israel 100%, but Palestine and its inhabitants have a right to a peaceful life.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65039
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Autumn Wind wrote:
Bhutan’s failure to recognize Israel has long been a major roadblock to peace in the Middle East, exacerbated many economic and and ethnic tensions. I’m so ecstatic about all the facets of Middle Eastern geopolitics that will change with Bhutan’s recognition.


Bhutan is not in the Middle East, nor is it Muslim.

That’s the joke
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY! US Military Veteran
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA: Senior Eve Šanœ, Junior Jon Æthr

RIP Dya

User avatar
Page
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13848
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:39 pm

I'm not necessarily opposed to Arab states normalizing relations with Israel, I don't think declining to do so helps the Palestinians. The only thing that bothers me is that the criminal and killer Netenyahu gets credit for it (not to mention the criminal and killer Trump).
I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged." - Noam Chomsky

Protect yourself from Covid-19: Stop licking boots.

User avatar
Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1257
Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:30 am

La xinga wrote:IDK if this is gravediggin', but Bhutan normalized too.

https://www.jpost.com/international/isr ... tan-651904


Another one in the can! More to come?
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism (Dispatch) [WIP]
Definition of radical Islam

User avatar
Agarntrop
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9845
Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:32 am

Oooh boy here we go
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

User avatar
Postauthoritarian America
Diplomat
 
Posts: 694
Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Postauthoritarian America » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:
La xinga wrote:IDK if this is gravediggin', but Bhutan normalized too.

https://www.jpost.com/international/isr ... tan-651904


Another one in the can! More to come?


The world waits with bated breath for Palau and Liechtenstein to join the tidal wave of recognition for Israel. Meanwhile Pompeo is authorizing a US Consulate in Western Sahara which, unless it opens in a Bedouin tent between now and January 20, is not about to get off the ground.
8:46 | "There are but two parties now: traitors and patriots. And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter and, I trust, the stronger party." -- Ulysses S. Grant, 1861 | "You don't get mulligans in insurrection." | "It is long past time to admit the blindingly obvious: the Republican party has been hijacked by fascist extremists. It is now a far-right organization in league with neo-Nazis who have made it painfully clear they want to overthrow democracy and seize power, using violence if necessary." | "I didn't vote to overturn an election, and I will not be lectured by people who did about partisanship." -- Rep. Gerry Connolly

User avatar
Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister
 
Posts: 3197
Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:53 pm

Postauthoritarian America wrote:
Glorious Hong Kong wrote:
Another one in the can! More to come?


The world waits with bated breath for Palau and Liechtenstein to join the tidal wave of recognition for Israel. Meanwhile Pompeo is authorizing a US Consulate in Western Sahara which, unless it opens in a Bedouin tent between now and January 20, is not about to get off the ground.


Palau and Liechtenstein are on good terms with Israel.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aguaria Major, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Barbariax, Borderlands of Rojava, Dakini, Dazchan, Free Ravensburg, Galloism, Greater Miami Shores, Krasny-Volny, Megucia, Muzehnaya, Outer Bratorke, Paddy O Fernature, Rathalas, Stellar Colonies, The Blaatschapen, The Huskar Social Union, The Nihilistic view, The Yeetusa, Tudor Azarath, Xmara

Advertisement

Remove ads