NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics I: It's All Applesauce

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Myrensis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5028
Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 am

Corindia wrote:
Myrensis wrote:Have to say I'm a bit amused by all these Republicans suddenly feigning shock and outrage at the discovery that Donald Trump is...the same Donald Trump he has been for his entire life, both of his campaigns, and his entire Presidency.

"I am appalled that Donald Trump would behave in such a Donald Trump like fashion!"

Yeah the collective surprised pikachu reaction has been kind of funny. At least we found that they do in fact have a limit, I assumed they'd be going with him all the way.


Well, let's be clear, it's not that they have principles, it's just that they've realized the Trump is dead weight and they can't win this.

What's scary about things getting as far as they have is wondering what would have happened if Trump had been, ya know, competent, and had more self-control than your average over-tired 4 year old.

User avatar
Asherahan
Minister
 
Posts: 2335
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asherahan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 am

Valrifell wrote:
San Lumen wrote:You find what happened yesterday acceptable conduct?


Lumen he is transparently a puppet.

He should obviously be sent to the Gulag on the first train with the other forward thinking conservatives.
Status: Serial Forum Lurker
Ideologically a Blanquist
Who Likes: Single Party Democracy | Democratic Centralism | State Capitalism | Blanquism | State Atheism | Sex Positive Feminism & Socialist Feminism
Former Resident of NSG CTALNH here since 2011 - Add like 10000 to my post number.

User avatar
Untecna
Diplomat
 
Posts: 944
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Untecna » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 am

Heloin wrote:
Sahravana wrote:Like the other socialist leftist radicals, I see that since you could not address my logical argument you attacked a spelling error instead. Hint: that means that you lost the argument

Accusing Emerald of all people of being a radical socialist is fucking hilarious.

Calling literally anyone in this thread a radical socialist is pretty funny.
Somehow still arguing in the WA since 2020.
A Middle East nation that hates extremists of all stripes, and loves to keep his policies except for some that he needs to get rid of due to unfairness. Except the Death Penalty. We use it fairly, we are going to keep it.
Part of: SETA | IFTC | GRAIL | CATO
My storefronts: Palo

I denounce you

User avatar
Spirit of Hope
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9960
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:
Do you mean Samuel Adams?

The first amendment protects you from the government interfering in your speech, it does not protect your from others reacting to your speech. Now I'll agree that it is improper for businesses to fire their employees for peacefully protesting, but saying they shouldn't fire people who break the law is taking it a bit far.


I can't lie, I suddenly pictured Mace Windu fighting redcoats.


"I'm tired of these motherf******* redcoats on my motherf******* continent"

Mace Windy, 1776

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Sahravana wrote:Like the other socialist leftist radicals, I see that since you could not address my logical argument you attacked a spelling error instead. Hint: that means that you lost the argument


.... What?

Yes he just called you a radical leftist.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

User avatar
Tranzoria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1566
Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tranzoria » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:18 am

Ya'll gonna have to get ready for the next Thread.
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.
Raider, Writer and Rickroll Fanatic.
Recent News: Tranzoria finally beats Kowani at delivering News first

Pro: Choice, Democracy, Acknowledgment, PR Statehood
Anti:Terrorism, Racism, Karenism, People who pour the Milk first

User avatar
The Caleshan Valkyrie
Diplomat
 
Posts: 956
Founded: Oct 07, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Caleshan Valkyrie » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:18 am

Sahravana wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
I can't lie, I suddenly pictured Mace Windu fighting redcoats.

Like the other socialist leftist radicals, I see that since you could not address my logical argument you attacked a spelling error instead. Hint: that means that you lost the argument


Fallacy fallacy detected.

They didn’t attack a spelling error. They corrected an error and then actually addressed the argument. You don’t get to claim victory like that.

Also, it was Spirit who tore your argument up and turned it into toilet paper. EL was just posting an aside.
Last edited by The Caleshan Valkyrie on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Godulan Puppet #2, RPing as technologically advanced tribal society combined between several groups of ancient arabs and mongols with vikings.

Intro RP: Gravity Ships and Garden Snips (involved tribes: Plainsrider, Hawkeye, Wavecrasher)
Current RP: A Rock Out of Place (involved tribes: Night Wolf, Deep Kraken, Starwalker)

User avatar
Insaanistan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8588
Founded: Nov 18, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Insaanistan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:18 am

Corindia wrote:
Sahravana wrote:the blacks acted like victims just because a few of them got shot... how is this less significant

Being shot all the time for doing nothing does in fact make them victims

^This.
Ahmaud Arbery was jogging.
Breonna Taylor was sleeping.
George Floyd was going to the store.
Jacob Blake was walking to his car after trying to stop a fight.
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته-Peace be with you!
BLM - Free Palestine - Abolish Kafala - Boycott Israel - Trump lost
Anti: DAESH & friends, IR Govt, Saudi Govt, Israeli Govt, China, anti-semitism, homophobia, racism, sexism, Fascism, Communism, Islamophobia.

Hello brother (or sister),
Unapologetic Muslim American
I’m neither a terrorist nor Iranian.
Ace-ish (Hate it when my friends are right!)
TG for questions on Islam!

User avatar
Vassenor
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 56134
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vassenor » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:18 am

Sahravana wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
I can't lie, I suddenly pictured Mace Windu fighting redcoats.

Like the other socialist leftist radicals, I see that since you could not address my logical argument you attacked a spelling error instead. Hint: that means that you lost the argument


I mean to win the argument first you need to make an argument not simply throw out a bunch of disjointed posts in the hopes we won't be able to keep up.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

User avatar
Sahravana
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Jan 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Sahravana » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 am

Insaanistan wrote:
Sahravana wrote:the blacks acted like victims just because a few of them got shot... how is this less significant

First of all, as I’ve told the kids in my school, stop saying “the blacks”.
And secondly, a conservative isn’t shot every 29 hours. 1 out of 1000 conservatives aren’t going to get shot by police. Conservatives haven’t been profiled for centuries for being conservative, and aren’t incarcerated at higher rates for crimes they didn’t commit than liberals. Conservatives aren’t not having an opioid epidemic simply because doctors look at them and refuse to give them painkillers because they assume they’ll just sell them.
You are NOT a victim. Accept it.

you'd be surprised... it's not easy being a white man today, let alone a Christian.

User avatar
Asherahan
Minister
 
Posts: 2335
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asherahan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 am

Untecna wrote:
Heloin wrote:Accusing Emerald of all people of being a radical socialist is fucking hilarious.

Calling literally anyone in this thread a radical socialist is pretty funny.

Except me because I am radical authoritarian socialist.
Status: Serial Forum Lurker
Ideologically a Blanquist
Who Likes: Single Party Democracy | Democratic Centralism | State Capitalism | Blanquism | State Atheism | Sex Positive Feminism & Socialist Feminism
Former Resident of NSG CTALNH here since 2011 - Add like 10000 to my post number.

User avatar
Untecna
Diplomat
 
Posts: 944
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Untecna » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 am

Tranzoria wrote:Ya'll gonna have to get ready for the next Thread.

I realized yesterday why this thread was made by a mod.

American Politics are some of the worst.
Somehow still arguing in the WA since 2020.
A Middle East nation that hates extremists of all stripes, and loves to keep his policies except for some that he needs to get rid of due to unfairness. Except the Death Penalty. We use it fairly, we are going to keep it.
Part of: SETA | IFTC | GRAIL | CATO
My storefronts: Palo

I denounce you

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34605
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 am

Several US attorneys and the acting attorney general say that there will be prosecutions for what happened in the Capitol.
read your own damn sources
Bahia Roja wrote:I think Kowani shared that news a few hours ago.
Kowáni's big list of sources, Be Kowáni for a day!
Headline of the day: Average emissions cuts from 2016-2019 were "a tenth of what would be needed at the global level to meet the Paris climate goals,
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”

User avatar
Page
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13665
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 am

Untecna wrote:
Heloin wrote:Accusing Emerald of all people of being a radical socialist is fucking hilarious.

Calling literally anyone in this thread a radical socialist is pretty funny.


No, I definitely am one.
Welcome to NationStates, a safe space for fascists so long as they express their murderous ideology euphemistically. Leftists who hurt their feelings will be banned.

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged." - Noam Chomsky

Protect yourself from Covid-19: Stop licking boots.

User avatar
Juristonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5119
Founded: Oct 30, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Juristonia » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:19 am

Untecna wrote:
Heloin wrote:Accusing Emerald of all people of being a radical socialist is fucking hilarious.

Calling literally anyone in this thread a radical socialist is pretty funny.

Tbf, I'm a pretty radical socialist.
Damn the man! Save the Empire!
Free Soviets wrote:facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Liriena wrote:Say what you will about fascists: they are remarkably consistent even after several decades of failing spectacularly elsewhere.

Geniasis wrote:Cite anything to back this up. Please. Even if it's in crayon. Even if all you're supporting is that period at the end of your sentence. Give something concrete.

Ifreann wrote:Indeed, as far as I can recall only one poster has ever supported legalising bestiality, and he was fucking his cat and isn't welcome here any more, in no small part, I imagine, because he kept going on about how he was fucking his cat.

User avatar
Nakena
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13861
Founded: May 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nakena » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:20 am

Myrensis wrote:What's scary about things getting as far as they have is wondering what would have happened if Trump had been, ya know, competent, and had more self-control than your average over-tired 4 year old.


American Erdogan.

User avatar
Vassenor
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 56134
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vassenor » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:20 am

Sahravana wrote:
Insaanistan wrote:First of all, as I’ve told the kids in my school, stop saying “the blacks”.
And secondly, a conservative isn’t shot every 29 hours. 1 out of 1000 conservatives aren’t going to get shot by police. Conservatives haven’t been profiled for centuries for being conservative, and aren’t incarcerated at higher rates for crimes they didn’t commit than liberals. Conservatives aren’t not having an opioid epidemic simply because doctors look at them and refuse to give them painkillers because they assume they’ll just sell them.
You are NOT a victim. Accept it.

you'd be surprised... it's not easy being a white man today, let alone a Christian.


So how are you actively victimised for being a white christian male?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

User avatar
Des-Bal
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30469
Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Des-Bal » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:20 am

Asherahan wrote:That is stupid level whataboutism.

I prefer to in cases like Sahravana I much prefer the "Yeah Get ready for the Gulag Approach."


Whataboutism is the action of levying a counteraccusation to distract from the initial argument. His claim is that the firing was an attack on free speech despite the fact it was a firing for criminal behavior incidental to a political event. I presented a scenario where the criminal behavior was incidental to the event but the criminal behavior was not of the variety that even an idealogue could give a pass. The situation is exactly the same but attempting to reach the same conclusion would make you feel foolsih, this is a tool for showing that the initial position was motivated by bias not logic.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

User avatar
Insaanistan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8588
Founded: Nov 18, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Insaanistan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:20 am

Sahravana wrote:
Insaanistan wrote:First of all, as I’ve told the kids in my school, stop saying “the blacks”.
And secondly, a conservative isn’t shot every 29 hours. 1 out of 1000 conservatives aren’t going to get shot by police. Conservatives haven’t been profiled for centuries for being conservative, and aren’t incarcerated at higher rates for crimes they didn’t commit than liberals. Conservatives aren’t not having an opioid epidemic simply because doctors look at them and refuse to give them painkillers because they assume they’ll just sell them.
You are NOT a victim. Accept it.

you'd be surprised... it's not easy being a white man today, let alone a Christian.

What the F-
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته-Peace be with you!
BLM - Free Palestine - Abolish Kafala - Boycott Israel - Trump lost
Anti: DAESH & friends, IR Govt, Saudi Govt, Israeli Govt, China, anti-semitism, homophobia, racism, sexism, Fascism, Communism, Islamophobia.

Hello brother (or sister),
Unapologetic Muslim American
I’m neither a terrorist nor Iranian.
Ace-ish (Hate it when my friends are right!)
TG for questions on Islam!

User avatar
Geneviev
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16441
Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am

German news: How democratic are the USA?

So, what happened is clearly not great for America's international image. It's a little concerning that this is what Biden will be left with.

Edit: This is actually old, and I didn't realize because it was on the front page again. Sorry.
Last edited by Geneviev on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34605
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am

Could we maybe not all respond to the blatant troll-puppet?
Possibly?
read your own damn sources
Bahia Roja wrote:I think Kowani shared that news a few hours ago.
Kowáni's big list of sources, Be Kowáni for a day!
Headline of the day: Average emissions cuts from 2016-2019 were "a tenth of what would be needed at the global level to meet the Paris climate goals,
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”

User avatar
Juristonia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5119
Founded: Oct 30, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Juristonia » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am

Can y'all stop taking the obvious bait?
They're not even trying particularly hard.
Damn the man! Save the Empire!
Free Soviets wrote:facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Liriena wrote:Say what you will about fascists: they are remarkably consistent even after several decades of failing spectacularly elsewhere.

Geniasis wrote:Cite anything to back this up. Please. Even if it's in crayon. Even if all you're supporting is that period at the end of your sentence. Give something concrete.

Ifreann wrote:Indeed, as far as I can recall only one poster has ever supported legalising bestiality, and he was fucking his cat and isn't welcome here any more, in no small part, I imagine, because he kept going on about how he was fucking his cat.

User avatar
Neutraligon
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 36252
Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am

Geneviev wrote:German news: How democratic are the USA?

So, what happened is clearly not great for America's international image. It's a little concerning that this is what Biden will be left with.

I mean, people where worried that Trump would attempt to burn it all down since he lost.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

User avatar
Corindia
Minister
 
Posts: 2621
Founded: May 29, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Corindia » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 am

Sahravana wrote:
Insaanistan wrote:First of all, as I’ve told the kids in my school, stop saying “the blacks”.
And secondly, a conservative isn’t shot every 29 hours. 1 out of 1000 conservatives aren’t going to get shot by police. Conservatives haven’t been profiled for centuries for being conservative, and aren’t incarcerated at higher rates for crimes they didn’t commit than liberals. Conservatives aren’t not having an opioid epidemic simply because doctors look at them and refuse to give them painkillers because they assume they’ll just sell them.
You are NOT a victim. Accept it.

you'd be surprised... it's not easy being a white man today, let alone a Christian.

I can assure you I would not be surprised. Anything getting harder is probably because of the nation being allowed to rot, and it's worse for literally everyone else.

Of the People, For the People

User avatar
Nakena
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13861
Founded: May 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nakena » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 am

Untecna wrote:Calling literally anyone in this thread a radical socialist is pretty funny.


All the cool kids are now socialist.

User avatar
Geneviev
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16441
Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:23 am

Neutraligon wrote:
Geneviev wrote:German news: How democratic are the USA?

So, what happened is clearly not great for America's international image. It's a little concerning that this is what Biden will be left with.

I mean, people where worried that Trump would attempt to burn it all down since he lost.

I just edited the post. For some reason, that article was on the front page on the website but it's actually from June.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Jim P, Cereskia, CoraSpia, Google [Bot], Limburgvolk, Narvatus, New haven america, Northern Socialist Council Republics, Nova Briton, Sundiata, Surrealist Patagonia, Valentine Z, Wymondham, Zhizhe

Advertisement

Remove ads