NATION

PASSWORD

Fully Lab-Grown Meat to be sold for first time in history

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:34 am

Moralityland wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
You mean the thing generally accepted to be a thing by the scientific community and only really denied by people with an economic incentive to do so?

lots of scientists don't accept the man made climate change hoax. the people who accept it have both economic and political incentives to push this false narrative. more control and power for politicians for one.

Oh shut up. You are just trying to use your biases to push through,it won't work,now we need to get the thread back on track.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:37 am

Moralityland wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
You mean the thing generally accepted to be a thing by the scientific community and only really denied by people with an economic incentive to do so?

lots of scientists don't accept the man made climate change hoax. the people who accept it have both economic and political incentives to push this false narrative. more control and power for politicians for one.

*shrug* - does it matter ? Lab grown meat will be cheaper and use far less resources than industrial farming in the long run with less chances of diseases and far higher quality control.
Reducing "animal suffering" and "climate change emissions" are useful narratives to get the leftist hippies on board of this great economic victory.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Ethics Committee of the SCPF
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethics Committee of the SCPF » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:38 am

Moralityland wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Your just making stuff up at this point, no scientist that isn’t willing to bend down to the business men that pay them to say climate change is a hoax is going to spit lies about how “climate change is a hoax” or other dumb stuff like that. Can we just get back to the topic?
Keep the money in and the money makers out

Moralityland
Secretary

Founded: Dec 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Moralityland » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:39 am

Vassenor wrote:
Moralityland wrote:
Bruh I quoted your post unedited. are you drunk?

So show us how I said that industrial farming caused food inequality, rather than the environmental damage I ascribed to it.

I never said it did, you were the one who said it did. industrial farming benefits the poor and lower middle class. industrial farming is good. lab grown meat will increase "inequality" by killing off farmers and small businesses and benefit big corporations who can afford the high priced scientists and expensive equipment and patented processes.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:40 am

Moralityland wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
So show us how I said that industrial farming caused food inequality, rather than the environmental damage I ascribed to it.

I never said it did, you were the one who said it did. industrial farming benefits the poor and lower middle class. industrial farming is good. lab grown meat will increase "inequality" by killing off farmers and small businesses and benefit big corporations who can afford the high priced scientists and expensive equipment and patented processes.

You're asserting that I said a thing but won't show how I said a thing. Top logic.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:40 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Moralityland wrote:

*shrug* - does it matter ? Lab grown meat will be cheaper and use far less resources than industrial farming in the long run with less chances of diseases and far higher quality control.
Reducing "animal suffering" and "climate change emissions" are useful narratives to get the leftist hippies on board of this great economic victory.

Wow, you've really won over this animal-sympathetic and environmentalist "leftist hippy".

So this will use less resources will it? Prove it.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:45 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Wow, you've really won over this animal-sympathetic and environmentalist "leftist hippy".

Idk I'm not a scientist but it'll probably use less resources than a cow for example
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:45 am

Newark Aristocracy wrote:
Moralityland wrote:

Oh shut up. You are just trying to use your biases to push through,it won't work,now we need to get the thread back on track.

"Shut up" may actually be actionable. The rules on this forum are stupid.

Moralityland writes perfect sentences. Well-thought-out though obviously not sincere. But they break long thoughts up into short sentences and "doesn't bother" with punctuation. This is an experienced poster pretending to be dumber than they really are.

My guess is The East Marches.

Moralityland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Moralityland » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:46 am

Ethics Committee of the SCPF wrote:
Moralityland wrote:

Your just making stuff up at this point, no scientist that isn’t willing to bend down to the business men that pay them to say climate change is a hoax is going to spit lies about how “climate change is a hoax” or other dumb stuff like that. Can we just get back to the topic?

and the scientists who claim it is real get millions in grants from the governments run by corrupt politicians, who then use the hoax to impose more draconian laws.

governments have more money than the corporations who oppose climate change alarmism. heck, corporations who support the climate change hoax , like big tech , have more money than corporations who don't.
Last edited by Moralityland on Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:47 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Newark Aristocracy wrote:Oh shut up. You are just trying to use your biases to push through,it won't work,now we need to get the thread back on track.

"Shut up" may actually be actionable. The rules on this forum are stupid.

Moralityland writes perfect sentences. Well-thought-out though obviously not sincere. But they break long thoughts up into short sentences and "doesn't bother" with punctuation. This is an experienced poster pretending to be dumber than they really are.

My guess is The East Marches.

Fine. I wasn't trying to flame you,I was trying to tell you your points were invalid,and desided to get aggressive. Now let's get this thread completely back on track. Plus,the rules are intentionally vague, subject to judgment per case.
Last edited by Newark Aristocracy on Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:48 am

How would this affect jobs in the beef industry? I would expect this technology to become prevalent within 10 years, especially if governments start implementing climate policies. Also, considering that 83% of available farmland is used for livestock production, the impact would probably be quite noticable. Not that the latter's a bad thing, we can significantly boost global agricultural output with so much lands freed up.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:51 am

Moralityland wrote:
Ethics Committee of the SCPF wrote:Your just making stuff up at this point, no scientist that isn’t willing to bend down to the business men that pay them to say climate change is a hoax is going to spit lies about how “climate change is a hoax” or other dumb stuff like that. Can we just get back to the topic?

and the scientists who claim it is real get millions in grants from the governments run by corrupt politicians, who then use the hoax to impose more draconian laws.

governments have more money than the corporations who oppose climate change alarmism. heck, corporations who support the climate change hoax , like big tech , have more money than corporations who don't.

Show us the evidence.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Moralityland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Moralityland » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:53 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Moralityland wrote:Nothing wrong killing animals for food.

But killing animals is not all that happens to animals to get them on your plate.

Live up to your nation name. Produce some moral reasoning.

God says it is ok to kill and eat animals. you animal rights loons don't get to say otherwise. whether animals "suffer" or not in the process is irrelevant. God decides morality.

And animals are property, both farm animals and pets, and property don't get rights, at least not in countries that are still sane.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:54 am

Disgraces wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Idk I'm not a scientist but it'll probably use less resources than a cow for example

Bear in mind ... no wait.
Keep in mind that a cow does its own infection control, and can eat any kind of green vegetable even tainted with its own poop. And yes, it does grow brains and organs and bones that aren't sold as meat, however these "waste" products are sold down the line as pig food or fertilizer.

Vat-grown meat requires very pure inputs, sterile, and probably antibiotics etc to prevent bacteria gaining a hold anyway. Probably a fair deal of energy too, which usually comes from fossil fuels rather than pasture (as for a cow).

It might be relevant at this juncture to make a distinction between cows (which sometimes feed on pasture) and pigs (which can eat just about anything including human food waste). It speaks very badly of the production line processes which value reliability over the re-use of waste, even when it should be cheaper to re-use waste, that both industries have moved towards feeding the animals with farmed grain. From an emissions standpoint, meat animals fed on farmed grain is the absolute worst. Tax intervention is strongly called for.

Moralityland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Moralityland » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:55 am

Vassenor wrote:
Moralityland wrote:

Show us the evidence.

you first. show evidence it is real. show evidence scientists who disagree with the global warming/ climate change narrative are paid off by corporations.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:55 am

Moralityland wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
But killing animals is not all that happens to animals to get them on your plate.

God says it is ok to kill and eat animals. you animal rights loons don't get to say otherwise. whether animals "suffer" or not in the process is irrelevant. God decides morality.

And animals are property, both farm animals and pets, and property don't get rights, at least not in countries that are still sane.

God also said to stone people to death for wearing mixed fabrics.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:56 am

Moralityland wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Show us the evidence.

you first. show evidence it is real. show evidence scientists who disagree with the global warming/ climate change narrative are paid off by corporations.

Have at.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:57 am

Moralityland wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

I can't stand this argument anymore.
Newark_Aristocracy.exe has stopped working.
Reason:INTEGER_OVERFLOW
Last edited by Newark Aristocracy on Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:57 am

Moralityland wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

In other words, you have no morality.

Corporations have rights. Corporations are property. Are you calling the US insane?

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:59 am

Moralityland wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

God says it is ok to kill and eat animals.

Damn. I missed this.

Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:59 am

Moralityland wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Show us the evidence.

Show evidence God exists.

For the record I believe in a god
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:59 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

The "disease" part is pretty important, though. Right now we just choke factory-farmed livestocks with antibiotics to prevent them from being ravaged by disease, significantly increasing the risks of antibiotic resistance on a global scale. https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... our-table/
Last edited by Resilient Acceleration on Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:03 am

Disgraces wrote:
Moralityland wrote:

Well that escalated quickly.

Moralityland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Moralityland » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:03 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Disgraces wrote:Idk I'm not a scientist but it'll probably use less resources than a cow for example

Bear in mind ... no wait.
Keep in mind that a cow does its own infection control, and can eat any kind of green vegetable even tainted with its own poop. And yes, it does grow brains and organs and bones that aren't sold as meat, however these "waste" products are sold down the line as pig food or fertilizer.

Vat-grown meat requires very pure inputs, sterile, and probably antibiotics etc to prevent bacteria gaining a hold anyway. Probably a fair deal of energy too, which usually comes from fossil fuels rather than pasture (as for a cow).

It might be relevant at this juncture to make a distinction between cows (which sometimes feed on pasture) and pigs (which can eat just about anything including human food waste). It speaks very badly of the production line processes which value reliability over the re-use of waste, even when it should be cheaper to re-use waste, that both industries have moved towards feeding the animals with farmed grain. From an emissions standpoint, meat animals fed on farmed grain is the absolute worst. Tax intervention is strongly called for.

I have no problem with "fossil fuels". I don't believe in reducing co2 emissions and I disagree with taxing farms just because they use grain to feed animals. what you describe was the norm before, it is called zero waste farming. but many consumers prefer grain fed beef pork and chicken.

let the free market vote with their wallets. you can buy meat that is still made with zero waste farming. I prefer to buy grain fed . tax intervention only distorts the free market.

environmental concerns should not dictate policy. especially since the claims and concerns have not been proven yet. all environmental policy has done is make everything more expensive.

Moralityland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Moralityland » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:08 am

Disgraces wrote:
Moralityland wrote:

two can play at that game, prove that animal suffering is relevant to morality or anything else.

animal suffering is a purely emotional. it has no moral basis, it has no rational basis. I suggest you just cover your eyes and mute the speakers if you don't want to see farm animals suffer.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General