NATION

PASSWORD

Fully Lab-Grown Meat to be sold for first time in history

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:58 am

Could we please get back on topic, guys?
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:59 am

-Astoria- wrote:Could we please get back on topic, guys?

Too late for that my friend,way too late.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:59 am

Oh interesting.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Drewish
Secretary

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Drewish » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:00 am

What is this thread now
( -_-) (-_Q)

This is just here to let you know you need to wear a mask.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:00 am

Picairn wrote:
An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Maybe not fucking replying to Moralityland's threadjack would help.

I think he's here to spread conspiracy theories nonsense and not to debate.

Conspiracy theories, but not just that. Anything objectionable.

Actually a class act. Might teach the Mods a thing or two. :lol:
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Moralityland
Secretary

Founded: Dec 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Moralityland » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:01 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Picairn wrote:Yeah, chemtrails and the Illuminati also exist. And Hillary Clinton definitely ran a child trafficking ring from a pizza shop's basement.

I ordered a pizza from Planet Ping-Pong. It was ludicrously over-priced and cold on arrival (air-freight to Australia) but it did not come with a little boy dressed as a sailor.

I took public legal advice: it was that I couldn't sue 4chan or any of their users. If Free Speech is worth what you pay for it, some idiot owes me money!

maybe, but Hillary was friends with epstein, so it is very likely, and she supports homosexuality and brainwashing kids into the trans agenda. so it is even more likely. I don't have much info about chemtrails or the illuminati, but the feemasons are real, and as a Catholic, I know how evil they are. There is an entire papal encyclical on the freemasons.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:03 am

Moralityland wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
I ordered a pizza from Planet Ping-Pong. It was ludicrously over-priced and cold on arrival (air-freight to Australia) but it did not come with a little boy dressed as a sailor.

I took public legal advice: it was that I couldn't sue 4chan or any of their users. If Free Speech is worth what you pay for it, some idiot owes me money!

maybe, but Hillary was friends with epstein, so it is very likely, and she supports homosexuality and brainwashing kids into the trans agenda. so it is even more likely. I don't have much info about chemtrails or the illuminati, but the feemasons are real, and as a Catholic, I know how evil they are. There is an entire papal encyclical on the freemasons.

:rofl:
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:05 am

Drewish wrote:What is this thread now

It's the Moralityland blog. This is what happens when a newcomer determined to cause trouble has the sense not to start a new thread. Mods would just lock that as "not your blog". Instead, this whole thread will get locked, all honest attempts to discuss the subject included, as being "hopelessly threadjacked."

My first guess was The East Marches. My second guess is Cop Met.

Moralityland
Secretary

Founded: Dec 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Moralityland » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:05 am

agree, lab grown meat should be banned. if you don't, the communists will eventually ban farm grown meat and make lab grown meat the only option, under the guise of saving the environment. and farmers and small business will be taken out of food production, and big corporations allied with the communist elite will control food production like they now control the media, big tech and social media.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:07 am

Moralityland wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Excuse me, but I'm a member of 25 years standing, with the Freemasons. >:(

EDIT: Wait, no I'm not. Apparently I'm a member of the Freecarpenters. Affiliated, not the same thing.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:14 am

Moralityland wrote:

agree, lab grown meat should be banned. if you don't, the communists will eventually ban farm grown meat and make lab grown meat the only option, under the guise of saving the environment. and farmers and small business will be taken out of food production, and big corporations allied with the communist elite will control food production like they now control the media, big tech and social media.

Progress bad! Government and big corps control everything so they will make progress serve their ends.

Stop pissing around with "this is bad, that is bad" and go full reactionary. Everything since Reagan is bad, smash it all up! Private space launches, BAD! Internet BAD! Electric cars BAD! Smart phones BAD! Fast rail BAD! ICC in the Hague BAD! Brexit BAD!

Start by smashing your own phone. Do it now.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:16 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Cordel One wrote:I wonder if they'll lab-grow human meat?

And if it can be made to resemble specific individual humans ?
"Eat the rich ! We have an entré of Gates, followed by a slice of Trump...."

I don’t think trump has lived a lifestyle that would produce good tasting meat.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:21 am

If the lab-grown meat is perfected to details and has the exact same benefits and nutrients as it came from an animal, there's nothing wrong with it. I certainly won't mind trying it out, given that I'm here in Singapore, too.

With that said, I'm going to give it a few more moments. The stigma of eating something created in the lab is hard to shake, but hey, a good rule of thumb is to wait for reviews!

EDIT: Here's a newspiece from the local newspaper: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... a-13681072
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:27 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Moralityland wrote:

Progress bad! Government and big corps control everything so they will make progress serve their ends.

Stop pissing around with "this is bad, that is bad" and go full reactionary. Everything since Reagan is bad, smash it all up! Private space launches, BAD! Internet BAD! Electric cars BAD! Smart phones BAD! Fast rail BAD! ICC in the Hague BAD! Brexit BAD!

Start by smashing your own phone. Do it now.

I mean,
big corporations allied with the communist elite

So yeah.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:31 am

Moralityland wrote:

That is one of the stupidest fucking things i have ever read on this forum, and i genuinely mean that and ive been on here now for eight years and seen a lot of really fucking dumb things get posted.

The big corporations... allied with the communist elite.

Sometimes i weep for the human race.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

The Central Pacific Free State
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Pacific Free State » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:32 am

better than regular meat
"The King of Salt always gets his cut"

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:33 am

Moralityland wrote:big corporations allied with the communist elite

Worthy Quote of the Year.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:33 am

Valentine Z wrote:If the lab-grown meat is perfected to details and has the exact same benefits and nutrients as it came from an animal, there's nothing wrong with it. I certainly won't mind trying it out, given that I'm here in Singapore, too.

With that said, I'm going to give it a few more moments. The stigma of eating something created in the lab is hard to shake, but hey, a good rule of thumb is to wait for reviews!

EDIT: Here's a newspiece from the local newspaper: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... a-13681072

Well review means someone's gotta be sacrificed first, don't you wanna cover for us? In the name of science :D ?

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Calimama
Minister

Founded: Feb 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Calimama » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:41 am

Yeah I mean if they can perfect the end result to be more or less like the real thing I have no issues with this whatsoever.
I am thou, thou art I. Thou hast acquired a new vow. It shall become the wings of rebellion that breakth thy chains of captivity.
"And now, standing on this mountain of brave corpses, I have quite the view." - Erwin Smith
“You know the difference between me and you? I bleed red and you bleed green.” - Avon Barksdale
Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?
We believed, we believed, we believed

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
Just to see him fly
Too many died
We build a tower of stone
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Ooh, now where do we go

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:42 am

Adamede wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
And if it can be made to resemble specific individual humans ?
"Eat the rich ! We have an entré of Gates, followed by a slice of Trump...."

I don’t think trump has lived a lifestyle that would produce good tasting meat.

I'm not sure about that. Graziers try to raise their stock without too much exercise or stress. Not being a grazier I can't say which is more important: stressing animals causes them to exercise, whereas animals that do moderate and regular exercise (wandering about eating stuff) are generally OK. I'm going to say stress is bad, moderate exercise good. Trump I think has had a lot of self-induced stress, it's his lifestyle. Moderate exercise, not much but a bit.

Moving on to diet. I think Trump's diet is a lot better than most people think. He makes a point of eating junk food, but he's not as fat as you'd expect from someone who ate only that. When Melania is around I expect his diet is quite healthy, and would be ideal if not for snacking when she's not around.

And drugs. If there's one thing we learned from Trump's hospitalization for covid (and it WASN'T that he had covid) it's that he doesn't use recreational drugs. I think he probably takes a sleeping pill (melatonin, very mild), and may be on anti-depressants, and certainly takes statins because a man of his age and obesity could not consult with any doctor without being prescribed statins (it's the "you could have a stroke" thing which sells it). But he really went off on the steroid they gave him in hospital: steroids have a general stimulant effect which wouldn't occur if Trump regularly took amphetamines or cocaine derivatives.

OK, finally we must consider age. Trump is in his 70's, that's 16 in cow years and it's really old.

Trump Meat would be very tough and gamey, may contain a high level of heavy metals and residual covid vaccine, but it won't disturb your mental functioning nor make you sick.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:42 am

Resilient Acceleration wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:If the lab-grown meat is perfected to details and has the exact same benefits and nutrients as it came from an animal, there's nothing wrong with it. I certainly won't mind trying it out, given that I'm here in Singapore, too.

Well review means someone's gotta be sacrificed first, don't you wanna cover for us? In the name of science :D ?

Oh goodness, I am gonna become a guinea kitten! :P

Meow.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Calimama
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimama » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:44 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Adamede wrote:I don’t think trump has lived a lifestyle that would produce good tasting meat.

I'm not sure about that. Graziers try to raise their stock without too much exercise or stress. Not being a grazier I can't say which is more important: stressing animals causes them to exercise, whereas animals that do moderate and regular exercise (wandering about eating stuff) are generally OK. I'm going to say stress is bad, moderate exercise good. Trump I think has had a lot of self-induced stress, it's his lifestyle. Moderate exercise, not much but a bit.

Moving on to diet. I think Trump's diet is a lot better than most people think. He makes a point of eating junk food, but he's not as fat as you'd expect from someone who ate only that. When Melania is around I expect his diet is quite healthy, and would be ideal if not for snacking when she's not around.

And drugs. If there's one thing we learned from Trump's hospitalization for covid (and it WASN'T that he had covid) it's that he doesn't use recreational drugs. I think he probably takes a sleeping pill (melatonin, very mild), and may be on anti-depressants, and certainly takes statins because a man of his age and obesity could not consult with any doctor without being prescribed statins (it's the "you could have a stroke" thing which sells it). But he really went off on the steroid they gave him in hospital: steroids have a general stimulant effect which wouldn't occur if Trump regularly took amphetamines or cocaine derivatives.

OK, finally we must consider age. Trump is in his 70's, that's 16 in cow years and it's really old.

Trump Meat would be very tough and gamey, may contain a high level of heavy metals and residual covid vaccine, but it won't disturb your mental functioning nor make you sick.

That's... a very detailed explanation for how Trump would taste, you are now on the FBI watchlist.

Also:
Last edited by Calimama on Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am thou, thou art I. Thou hast acquired a new vow. It shall become the wings of rebellion that breakth thy chains of captivity.
"And now, standing on this mountain of brave corpses, I have quite the view." - Erwin Smith
“You know the difference between me and you? I bleed red and you bleed green.” - Avon Barksdale
Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
Just to see him fly
Too many died
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Ooh, now where do we go

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:48 am

Yay, an another triumph for science.

Tbh, I personally don't care about the lab-grown meat vs regular meat debate - I would take the lab-grown one as long as it tastes not too different from the regular one, is cheaper, and has appropriate health standards. And of course I can always dump some seasoning on it.
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:50 am

Calimama wrote:Yeah I mean if they can perfect the end result to be more or less like the real thing I have no issues with this whatsoever.

If it was cheaper than meat, I would eat this instead.

I do eat meat, for the protein and the cocktail of vitamins and enzymes. I don't actually enjoy it that much. Something that didn't taste very different but had all the same goodies in it, well it would be just a matter of price.

Calimama
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Calimama » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:54 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Calimama wrote:Yeah I mean if they can perfect the end result to be more or less like the real thing I have no issues with this whatsoever.

If it was cheaper than meat, I would eat this instead.

I do eat meat, for the protein and the cocktail of vitamins and enzymes. I don't actually enjoy it that much. Something that didn't taste very different but had all the same goodies in it, well it would be just a matter of price.

I'll admit I do like my meat products, so taste would make or break it for me, cheaper would be better too - steaks are expensive. But considering I do not live in Singapore, it's not going to be something that comes to the US for a while probably.
Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
Just to see him fly
Too many died
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why