NATION

PASSWORD

Your least favourite class?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Your least favourite class?

The bourgeoise
32%
Mathematics
29%
Chemistry
5%
Other natural sciences (Physics, biology, astronomy)
8%
Social sciences (Psychology, sociology, economics, politics and government)
3%
Literature
6%
Foreign languages
6%
History
0%
Other humanities (Philosophy, history)
2%
Arts
9%

Total votes : 219

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:43 am

Rosmana wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:He clearly explained it.

I mean that I have no bloody clue what a a something like bloody bottom G or what a bloody ledger line even is. :D

Notes are given a letter name from A to G, then repeat. A ledger is the five lines that music is written on. So if you count the five lines from the bottom up, the second one is G (in treble clef, that symbol that looks a bit like an &). After that the notes repeat, so the space above that is A, the line above that is B, etc. The device most people use to remember the notes corresponding to the spaces and lines is, starting at the bottom for spaces spells "FACE" or F-A-C-E. So if you're looking at the five lines, the ledger, the spaces between the line going up correspond to the notes F, A, C, and E in that order.

The lines use the device "Every Good Boy Does Fine, or E G B D F.

On a piano you can find G between the first and second black key in any set of three black keys. (if you look at a piano you'll notice a pattern of three black keys, a space, and then two black keys. This can be confusing, but space between B and C is a half step as well as between E and F. A half step is indicated otherwise by the # and b symbol, moving to the black keys, but remembering that doesn't really come into play until you've got the hang of everything else.)
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Rosmana
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2020

Postby Rosmana » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:46 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Rosmana wrote:I mean that I have no bloody clue what a a something like bloody bottom G or what a bloody ledger line even is. :D

Notes are given a letter name from A to G, then repeat. A ledger is the five lines that music is written on. So if you count the five lines from the bottom up, the second one is G. After that the notes repeat, so the space above that is A, the line above that is B, etc. The device most people use to remember the notes corresponding to the spaces and lines is, starting at the bottom for spaces spells "FACE" or F-A-C-E. So if you're looking at the five lines, the ledger, the spaces between the line going up correspond to the notes F, A, C, and E in that order.

On a piano you can find G between the first and second black key in any set of three black keys. (if you look at a piano you'll notice a pattern of three black keys, a space, and then two black keys. This can be confusing, but space between B and C is a half step as well as between E and F. A half step is indicated otherwise by the # and b symbol, moving to the black keys, but remembering that doesn't really come into play until you've got the hang of everything else.)

Sorry I do not follow, Its me, but I never understood this stuff, I do not remember what the A B C etc sound like, so I pressed the wrong key etc. :oops:
-News in Dispatches, NS stats are not accurate-

My other nations are Rosmana and raskana

-Stop Putin NOW, copy if you agree-

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:48 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Art class - In school, I didn't like art class.

Yet it didn't destroy all enthusiasm. That's good.

PE - Probably the very very worst. In fact, if I had to pick one, this is the one. This is the least favorite.

It's a dilemma for modern schools, because kids either love PE or hate it. And government is telling them they have to do all they can to promote physical exercise, but on half of the students PE is doing the opposite. Then there the risk of injury which can get their school sued.

I went to a school where the PE teacher sent us all on a 40 minutes run, off school grounds and up a nearby hummock where he thought he could check on us coming back. But he was probably off bonking one of the other teachers, because the kids had all worked out there was a shortcut, with a nice glade to hang out in (not that nice when it was raining, which was often) which cut the run down to about 10 minutes. Or 20 minutes walk of course. Sometimes he came with us, which was no fun because it was a pretty hard run.

Oh No! =(

The shortcut must have severely undercut the intended objectives of the class =) Did he find on those days where he came along for the 40 mins that the kids couldn't make it?

It didn't sound like the class worked well at all =(
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:50 am

Rosmana wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Never mind. You can still be a drummer.

I failed, really, no sense of rythm. :rofl:

I hated music classes so much I sabotaged the 8th grade musical.

Well you'll have to be a manager then.

1. You find a band no-one else likes, but they sound OK to you.
2. You sabotage them a bit (just short of wanting to kill each other).
3. Promote them until they're successful.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Rosmana
Diplomat

Postby Rosmana » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:51 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Rosmana wrote:I failed, really, no sense of rythm. :rofl:

I hated music classes so much I sabotaged the 8th grade musical.

Well you'll have to be a manager then.

1. You find a band no-one else likes, but they sound OK to you.
2. You sabotage them a bit (just short of wanting to kill each other).
3. Promote them until they're successful.

Haha, good one. :)

No I meant I made sure it got cancelled. :twisted:

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:52 am

Hmmm... I wanted to vote but then PE isn't the polls. Did the OP forget? =(

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:53 am

Rosmana wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Notes are given a letter name from A to G, then repeat. A ledger is the five lines that music is written on. So if you count the five lines from the bottom up, the second one is G. After that the notes repeat, so the space above that is A, the line above that is B, etc. The device most people use to remember the notes corresponding to the spaces and lines is, starting at the bottom for spaces spells "FACE" or F-A-C-E. So if you're looking at the five lines, the ledger, the spaces between the line going up correspond to the notes F, A, C, and E in that order.

Sorry I do not follow, Its me, but I never understood this stuff, I do not remember what the A B C etc sound like, so I pressed the wrong key etc. :oops:

You were never expected to remember what they sounded like, that's way to early. It's hard enough just remembering where they are on the instrument you're learning and where they are on the ledger lines (the five lines on a sheet of music.) Being able to pull the pitch from just the name of the note is either an inherent talent or a skill people work on for a really long time. When you see a singer or acapella group perform, someone usually plays a note that orients everyone's ear to a reference pitch. After practice with your instrument you eventually get a sense for what the pitch will be for what fingering, but that takes practice. Like I said, it's hard enough work just learning the notes on the page and how they correspond to the fingering on the instrument. Most people write the letter name for the note over each one while they're learning or even a crude drawing of the fingering depending on the instrument.

Once again, this isn't something you just are able to do once you know the principles, it takes practice.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Rosmana
Diplomat

Postby Rosmana » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:55 am

Rosmana wrote:Sorry I do not follow, Its me, but I never understood this stuff, I do not remember what the A B C etc sound like, so I pressed the wrong key etc. :oops:

You were never expected to remember what they sounded like, that's way to early. It's hard enough just remembering where they are on the instrument you're learning and where they are on the ledger lines (the five lines on a sheet of music.) Being able to pull the pitch from just the name of the note is either an inherent talent or a skill people work on for a really long time. When you see a singer or acapella group perform, someone usually plays a note that orients everyone's ear to a reference pitch. After practice with your instrument you eventually get a sense for what the pitch will be for what fingering, but that takes practice. Like I said, it's hard enough work just learning the notes on the page and how they correspond to the fingering on the instrument. Most people write the letter name for the note over each one while they're learning or even a crude drawing of the fingering depending on the instrument.

Once again, this isn't something you just are able to do once you know the principles, it takes practice.

Well, they expected us to do that in 3 weeks. :mad:

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:58 am

Math is the worst.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:00 am

Rosmana wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:You were never expected to remember what they sounded like, that's way to early. It's hard enough just remembering where they are on the instrument you're learning and where they are on the ledger lines (the five lines on a sheet of music.) Being able to pull the pitch from just the name of the note is either an inherent talent or a skill people work on for a really long time. When you see a singer or acapella group perform, someone usually plays a note that orients everyone's ear to a reference pitch. After practice with your instrument you eventually get a sense for what the pitch will be for what fingering, but that takes practice. Like I said, it's hard enough work just learning the notes on the page and how they correspond to the fingering on the instrument. Most people write the letter name for the note over each one while they're learning or even a crude drawing of the fingering depending on the instrument.

Well, they expected us to do that in 3 weeks. :mad:

That doesn't sound right.

But I've already threadjacked this enough to continue to try an unpack your issue.

Rosmana
Diplomat

Postby Rosmana » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:01 am

Rosmana wrote:Well, they expected us to do that in 3 weeks. :mad:

That doesn't sound right.

But I've already threadjacked this enough to continue to try an unpack your issue.

Just saying why music does not, and will never work for me, thats all. :D

Y,all have a good day.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:03 am

Rosmana wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:That doesn't sound right.

Just saying why music does not, and will never work for me, thats all. :D

Y,all have a good day.

Your hands are on the wheel.

Rosmana
Diplomat

Postby Rosmana » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:04 am

Rosmana wrote:Just saying why music does not, and will never work for me, thats all. :D

Y,all have a good day.

Your hands are on the wheel.

:?:
k.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:05 am

Music class sucked, mostly because of the surprising lack of keytar :(
The Blaatschapen should resign

Rosmana
Diplomat

Postby Rosmana » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:06 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:Music class sucked, mostly because of the surprising lack of keytar :(

With us it was a stupid song festival fanboy.

Yuck.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:09 am

Rosmana wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Your hands are on the wheel.

:?:
k.

I've taught these things to 6 year olds. In the future you probably want to establish that you had no interest rather than insisting that you can't grasp something 6 year olds are able to learn. The former is completely legitimate, I'm sure I can learn programing languages, but I have no interest in doing so.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:10 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:Music class sucked, mostly because of the surprising lack of keytar :(

You can never have enough keytar. The hardest part is finding the headband to go with it. You can't play keytar without a sweatband/headband. That'd be ridiculous.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:11 am

You can never have enough keytar. The hardest part is finding the headband to go with it. You can't play keytar without a sweatband/headband. That'd be ridiculous.

I've pretended to learn the keytar once, it was a great montage :)

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:13 am

Rosmana wrote: :?:
k.

I've taught these things to 6 year olds. In the future you probably want to establish that you had no interest rather than insisting that you can't grasp something 6 year olds are able to learn. The former is completely legitimate, I'm sure I can learn programing languages, but I have no interest in doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRxiZbHf3Y8

Rosmana
Diplomat

Postby Rosmana » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:15 am

Rosmana wrote: :?:
k.

They just expected too much too fast, and that is why it did never work for me.

I had no interest becuase they kept forcing it on me.

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:22 am

Of all the natural sciences meanwhile, Chemistry is probably my least favorite. Math and Physics are really fun if and only if I ignore the looming disasters that is the exams. Curiously enough, I found Biology to be my favorite and I can still my interest show up whenever I go anywhere that involves nature, which is strange as I'm majoring in computing :D

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:31 am

Resilient Acceleration wrote:Of all the natural sciences meanwhile, Chemistry is probably my least favorite. Math and Physics are really fun if and only if I ignore the looming disasters that is the exams. Curiously enough, I found Biology to be my favorite and I can still my interest show up whenever I go anywhere that involves nature, which is strange as I'm majoring in computing :D

Have you considered bioinformatics? :)

It's using computers to calculate all kinds of cool things, like DNA sequencing and protein folding.

Kyruev
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyruev » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:36 am

Surprisingly, English. I used to enjoy the subject and did well in it, but, seriously, I don't know what happened to me during this whole online school thing. 10th grade year has started off quite badly. Now, it's just frustrating. Maybe I'm just getting stupider or something, but I can hardly seem to be able to write anything anymore. It feels like my writing skills have just regressed ever since online schooling. On the contrary, my favorite subjects would be Chemistry/Biology and History. I'd like to take art class just for fun, because drawing is one of my favorite hobbies ^_^. (Although my mom would rather me take more "beneficial" classes, so I'm here doing yearbook instead. So far it's not bad, only because we barely do anything in the class anyways.)
❀ ❀ ❀

NYANcity News: The news is never going to change awfully slow today | The cute kitten sleeping in a noodle bowl still hasn't woken up yet, aww | Some are still slightly concerned over the Leader's gold obsession | The user of this nation doesn't know what to write anymore | Look at my card collection 

Lizard with a computer.
I mostly post in Forum 7.

❀ܓ(。◠ ꇴ ◠。 )
^
W.I.P OOC Factbook

Ciao ~!

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:38 am

My least favourite class was drawing.

Seriously, these hooves cannot hold a paintbrush properly.

Dryicor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dryicor » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:38 am

Art or biology.

Or the bourgeoisie.
EMPIRE OF DRYICOR

SPORTING
HONOURS

World Volleyball Expo
Champions (Taeshan 10)
Handball World Cup
Last 16 (Savojarna 22)
DTV NEWS
Celebrations are preparing for the 400th anniversary of Dryicor's existence on 1 November.
Prime Minister Erno Pulkkinen's approval ratings are at an all-time high of 86%.
The BOD will broadcast national celebrations, whilst DTV has decided to run a massive street party with special editions of its hit shows to celebrate the anniversary.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General