NATION

PASSWORD

Israeli/American Strike on Iran? Now With Murdered Scientist

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:07 am

Rio Cana wrote:RT in Spanish posted a written story on this possibly happening. Seems Israel is rushing in order to get there military forces ready since they feel the US could possibly decide to attack an Iranian Uranium enriching processing plant. Israel expects that anything could happen until Biden takes over. They say an attack on the Iranian site would trigger a larger war.

Story but its in Spanish - https://actualidad.rt.com/actualidad/37 ... trump-iran

In other news, found out Biden is bringing some former hawkish democrats into his administration.
Watch this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXgpGgpzt8

RT is very well known for their extremely unreliable and biased reporting.
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:23 am

Mannixa Prime wrote:I could also see Trump cutting a deal with the defence industry and the military high command to support his desire to remain in office. With the police firmly on his side and all the top generals wanting war with Iran who could stop Trump from remaining in office?

Either way Biden would have no issue continuing the war as both of them are rabid interventionists.

Your last sentence pretty much disproves you’re entire argument. The military wouldn’t back Trump if he started a war because they know that Biden also wants one and will gladly chuck Trump out for Biden
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:24 am

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Nakena wrote:If he does strike against them he will alienate a very important part of his base who is staunchly opposed to any more engagements in the middle east including and especially if those are basically acting as military arm of israeli interests.

That being said he could easily order a devastating strike on the mullah's nuclear facilities. Consequences to be dealt with by Biden then.

I don’t think his base will abandon him any time soon. Their cult worship of trump supersedes any ideological convictions.

His base stood by when he attacked Assad and stacked his cabinet with neocon warmongers.

I’ve noticed most “anti war” types in the GOP only oppose pointless wars if a Democrat starts it.

The first attack on Syria in April 2017 caused severe disruption amongst the alt-right at the very least and beyond.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:26 am

Nakena wrote:
Mannixa Prime wrote:I don’t think his base will abandon him any time soon. Their cult worship of trump supersedes any ideological convictions.

His base stood by when he attacked Assad and stacked his cabinet with neocon warmongers.

I’ve noticed most “anti war” types in the GOP only oppose pointless wars if a Democrat starts it.

The first attack on Syria in April 2017 caused severe disruption amongst the alt-right at the very least and beyond.

IIRC many in the alt-right abandoned Trump because of that.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:27 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Nakena wrote:

IIRC many in the alt-right abandoned Trump because of that.

Yes. Quite a few did abandon him over it or at least realized at this point he wasnt their guy. It marked the end of the honeymoon. They later, sorts of, found together again. But it wasnt the same as before.

Iranian Union States
Envoy

Founded: Nov 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Iranian Union States » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:32 am

I doubt anything like this would ever happen. I don't think the start of a American-Iranian military conflict will be to soothe the mind of a sore loser.
Military service is compulsory in Iran. And if a war is to start i as a 19 year old male will have to drop from university and enroll. The war would be in my homeland in the cities that i have grown up in. I will lose friends and family. I will see my country burn and the regime rule even more harshly just like the way it did in the Iran-Iraq war. I will see the death of people that don't even want to fight or be in a war. People that have nothing to do with the regime or any atomic program or any islamic fundamentalism. You won't. You will be mostly safe. Your town will be the same it ever was. You will not fight the fight you do not want to take part in. You won't have to sacrifice your dreams to take arms in a race you don't want to win. You will be alright.
This war would just make more people angry and distrustful towards the ones that have waged it. Ruinning the lives of 80 million iranian and further hardening the life of 8 million israeli in the process. I don't know what I'm trying to say really. I just hope y'all realize how this will effect you and how this will effect us.
1-I have a romantic nationalist power fantasy.
2-I have bad grammar, no creativity, almost no manners and no sense of role playing.
3-I have a strong urge to make my fantasies come true. (Just not in the real world)

1+2+3 = what you see above.
I wholeheartedly apologize to anyone that has to role play with me, reply to me or even remotely interact with me.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:34 am

Iranian Union States wrote:I doubt anything like this would ever happen. I don't think the start of a American-Iranian military conflict will be to soothe the mind of a sore loser.
Military service is compulsory in Iran. And if a war is to start i as a 19 year old male will have to drop from university and enroll. The war would be in my homeland in the cities that i have grown up in. I will lose friends and family. I will see my country burn and the regime rule even more harshly just like the way it did in the Iran-Iraq war. I will see the death of people that don't even want to fight or be in a war. People that have nothing to do with the regime or any atomic program or any islamic fundamentalism. You won't. You will be mostly safe. Your town will be the same it ever was. You will not fight the fight you do not want to take part in. You won't have to sacrifice your dreams to take arms in a race you don't want to win. You will be alright.
This war would just make more people angry and distrustful towards the ones that have waged it. Ruinning the lives of 80 million iranian and further hardening the life of 8 million israeli in the process. I don't know what I'm trying to say really. I just hope y'all realize how this will effect you and how this will effect us.

It would probably be just be some strikes against nuclear facilities. It would be very unlikely to be an renactment of 1980-88.

Besides I don't think Trump is going for it.

Iranian Union States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iranian Union States » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:36 am

Nakena wrote:
Iranian Union States wrote:I doubt anything like this would ever happen. I don't think the start of a American-Iranian military conflict will be to soothe the mind of a sore loser.

It would probably be just be some strikes against nuclear facilities. It would be very unlikely to be an renactment of 1980-88.

Yes that is the case, probably. But Iran will not back down at that point.

Edit: meaning they will retaliate with strikes on Israel and American bases and a conflict similar to azarbijan and Armenia will start. I don't know if sides will reach to some sort of agreement at that point.
Last edited by Iranian Union States on Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2-I have bad grammar, no creativity, almost no manners and no sense of role playing.
3-I have a strong urge to make my fantasies come true. (Just not in the real world)

I wholeheartedly apologize to anyone that has to role play with me, reply to me or even remotely interact with me.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:41 am

Iranian Union States wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Yes that is the case, probably. But Iran will not back down at that point.

tbh I'd be more worried about Israel + KSA who are currently coordinating some stuff and may try to do something together in Trump's last days of office. They wouldn need necessarily US firepower, but Trump looking the other way would be already enough. Its an window of opportunity for them.

Saudi Arabia denies crown prince held 'secret meeting' with Israeli PM: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55042055
Last edited by Nakena on Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:41 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Mannixa Prime wrote:I could also see Trump cutting a deal with the defence industry and the military high command to support his desire to remain in office. With the police firmly on his side and all the top generals wanting war with Iran who could stop Trump from remaining in office?

Either way Biden would have no issue continuing the war as both of them are rabid interventionists.

Your last sentence pretty much disproves you’re entire argument. The military wouldn’t back Trump if he started a war because they know that Biden also wants one and will gladly chuck Trump out for Biden

Not making an argument if Trump will stay in office, just speculations based on media reports that is all.

What I was trying to say is the military will back whoever is the most interventionist.
Progressive, cosmopolitan, gay, a firm believer in science and extremely against neo-liberalism. African-American with Somalian background.

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:43 am

Nakena wrote:
Mannixa Prime wrote:I don’t think his base will abandon him any time soon. Their cult worship of trump supersedes any ideological convictions.

The hardcore of the alt right and alt lite is a few thousand people at most. They have zero impact on elections.
Progressive, cosmopolitan, gay, a firm believer in science and extremely against neo-liberalism. African-American with Somalian background.

Iranian Union States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iranian Union States » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:50 am

Nakena wrote:
Iranian Union States wrote:Yes that is the case, probably. But Iran will not back down at that point.

tbh I'd be more worried about Israel + KSA who are currently coordinating some stuff and may try to do something together in Trump's last days of office. They wouldn need necessarily US firepower, but Trump looking the other way would be already enough. Its an window of opportunity for them.

Saudi Arabia denies crown prince held 'secret meeting' with Israeli PM: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55042055

Without the support of America they would be risking a perpetual war. Not desirable to anyone. Iran really isn't the kind of Country to just fall Apart in a few days like Iraq or Egypt did. The last thing I want to see is a war giving some sort of diplomatic position or legitimacy to the Iranian regime.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:52 am

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Your last sentence pretty much disproves you’re entire argument. The military wouldn’t back Trump if he started a war because they know that Biden also wants one and will gladly chuck Trump out for Biden

Not making an argument if Trump will stay in office, just speculations based on media reports that is all.

What I was trying to say is the military will back whoever is the most interventionist.

And that’s where you’re speculation falls apart. Biden has already been confirmed asking about his options on Iran. The military would much rather go with Biden, as he actually won the election and is seemingly supportive about using military force, than Trump who is none of those things.

Biden is stuffing his cabinet full of neocons and pro MIC guys. It makes no sense for the military to back Trump when their guy won the presidency
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:55 am

Iranian Union States wrote:
Nakena wrote:

Without the support of America they would be risking a perpetual war. Not desirable to anyone. Iran really isn't the kind of Country to just fall Apart in a few days like Iraq or Egypt did. The last thing I want to see is a war giving some sort of diplomatic position or legitimacy to the Iranian regime.

That’s the goal though. It’s to goad Iran into more extreme actions. If both sides just lob missiles at eachother then nothing happens.

But if one side escalates it then it’s cause for the US to get involved as the “friendly protector of democracy”
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Iranian Union States
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iranian Union States » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:57 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Iranian Union States wrote:Without the support of America they would be risking a perpetual war. Not desirable to anyone. Iran really isn't the kind of Country to just fall Apart in a few days like Iraq or Egypt did. The last thing I want to see is a war giving some sort of diplomatic position or legitimacy to the Iranian regime.

That’s the goal though. It’s to goad Iran into more extreme actions. If both sides just lob missiles at eachother then nothing happens.

But if one side escalates it then it’s cause for the US to get involved as the “friendly protector of democracy”

Yes i am well aware of that. This will not end without escalation. All out war even. And that's exactly what I'm scared of.
Last edited by Iranian Union States on Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:23 am

It’s a shame that anti war democrats and republicans fail to hold the warmongers to account. Both parties are totally controlled by neocons even though supposedly Trump is “America First” and the Democrats claim to be “progressive”.

There is nothing nationalistic or progressive about supporting the ambitions of regressive and reactionary nation-states like Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:25 am

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Adamede wrote:So what are we supposed to discuss about this?

Says right in the OP :roll:

Guesses can only be so accurate, and frankly this going more towards fear mongering than anything else.

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:26 am

Adamede wrote:
Mannixa Prime wrote:Says right in the OP :roll:

Guesses can only be so accurate, and frankly this going more towards fear mongering than anything else.

Plenty of other threads to post in! ;)

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:30 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Mannixa Prime wrote:https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/11/25/report-israeli-military-braces-for-possibility-trump-attacks-iran-in-final-days-of-presidency/amp/

Well if this report is true the Middle East will suffer even more as the possibility of war with Iran will bring chaos on an untold scale. So far Forbes and Fox News (gross I know) are the two biggest sources I could find but outlets big and small are continuing to swirl rumors around.

So my question is NSG is war with Iran possible in the waning days of the Trump presidency? Will America and Israel go from trying to destabilize Iran to outright invading it?

Personally I think it is very likely, the world is focused on COVID right now and Iran itself has been hit hard by the pandemic. Israel has been stepping up its attacks on Syria and Palestine and we all know they are not afraid to use their military.

Russia, a close ally of Iran is also preoccupied with the Armenia situation.

Either way, with neoconservatives and neoliberals firmly entrenched in both major American political parties the prospect of a peaceful situation (if these rumors are true) is very unlikely.

And finally let us not forget the biggest wildcard of them all. A desperate, unstable, incompetent and isolated President Donald Trump. This might be the perfect opportunity for him to seize an excuse to remain in office and provide a distraction from his various and damning legal issues.

That's a "maybe" article. And Trump has < 1% chance of winning the election. War or no war, he's out of here on Jan. 20.

Sends units that might stop his coup to Iran. Known loyal units remain here to overthrow democracy.

When people ask why I need guns the (hopefully) final days of this presidency is why I need guns.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:33 am

Greed and Death wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:That's a "maybe" article. And Trump has < 1% chance of winning the election. War or no war, he's out of here on Jan. 20.

Sends units that might stop his coup to Iran. Known loyal units remain here to overthrow democracy.

When people ask why I need guns the (hopefully) final days of this presidency is why I need guns.

Very good point! People also forget that Trump could easily form his own milita, he has connections to PMCs via Erik Prince and the police support him in droves.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:37 am

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:

Very good point! People also forget that Trump could easily form his own milita, he has connections to PMCs via Erik Prince and the police support him in droves.

Now your just tossing out reality to keep your idea that Trump is trying to remain in office instead of Ya know realizing that you are wrong
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:39 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Mannixa Prime wrote:Very good point! People also forget that Trump could easily form his own milita, he has connections to PMCs via Erik Prince and the police support him in droves.

Now your just tossing out reality to keep your idea that Trump is trying to remain in office instead of Ya know realizing that you are wrong

You realize there is a foe list correct?

I’m just speculating and keeping the conversation going. There is no “wrong” opinions when the situation is fluid and unpredictable.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:48 am

Mannixa Prime wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Now your just tossing out reality to keep your idea that Trump is trying to remain in office instead of Ya know realizing that you are wrong

You realize there is a foe list correct?

I’m just speculating and keeping the conversation going. There is no “wrong” opinions when the situation is fluid and unpredictable.

There’s no reason to keep the conversation going because there’s no reason to speculate. The situation isn’t fluid nor is it unpredictable. Trump doesn’t have any support to remain in office. He’s lost nearly all of the republican leadership. He doesn’t have the support of the military nor the government.

He’s not going to able to do anything to stay in office. To speculate otherwise is asinine.

And if you don’t want to engage with people questioning you, calling you out, and debating you on a debating forum then you can block us or leave
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Mannixa Prime
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mannixa Prime » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:02 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Mannixa Prime wrote:You realize there is a foe list correct?

There’s no reason to keep the conversation going because there’s no reason to speculate. The situation isn’t fluid nor is it unpredictable. Trump doesn’t have any support to remain in office. He’s lost nearly all of the republican leadership. He doesn’t have the support of the military nor the government.

He’s not going to able to do anything to stay in office. To speculate otherwise is asinine.

And if you don’t want to engage with people questioning you, calling you out, and debating you on a debating forum then you can block us or leave

Who is “us”? You running your mouth? If you think my opinions are bullshit most normal people don’t engage with said opinions.

Trump has plenty of support given the fact that he shares the exact same goals as the Republican establishment. He is part of said establishment. He supports regime change no matter how hard the Breitbart hacks call him a “populist”.

He has sections of the military that for sure support him. He has overwhelming support among radicals who own firearms and law enforcement. He has connections to Erik Prince.

Is it likely? Who knows portably not! Could it happen yes because the conditions are there.

Nothing about this administration is normal. Nothing at all so to suggest that “nothing will happen” with certainty is a ridiculous point to make.

Israel is preparing for a possible strike. If there wasn’t a chance even a slight one they wouldn’t be preparing.

How’s that for a response?

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:36 am

Donald Trump should formally recognize Taiwan and order a strike on China. I would love to see the fallout from that. Joe Biden will have no choice but to acquiesce and finish what his predecessor started. CCP delenda est.

Nakena wrote:

Alex Jones lost, or pretended to lose, his shit on Infowars. Those fake tears. Lol. I supported those limited and purely symbolic airstrikes at the time and considered Trump to be more ballsy than his spineless predecessor whose second-in-command will be taking office soon. I was still of the view (and still am in some ways) that the deaths of Syrian civilians at the hands of Assad's henchmen must be brutally avenged. Especially the children. I can't unsee those graphic videos and images of their slow and very painful final moments or describe the rage and sorrow I felt. Their deaths literally changed me as a person.

Nakena wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:IIRC many in the alt-right abandoned Trump because of that.

Yes. Quite a few did abandon him over it or at least realized at this point he wasnt their guy. It marked the end of the honeymoon. They later, sorts of, found together again. But it wasnt the same as before.

Good. Because Donald Trump isn't "alt-right".
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General