NATION

PASSWORD

Angels & Demons

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint Yosx
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Yosx » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:29 am

I feel like pop culture kind of painted demons in a very light, entertaining, and fun way. Its sad to see that since its a serious problem and that they are not as lighthearted as people think.

(Btw Witiland is my old account)

Turelisa-
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Turelisa- » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:43 am

Witiland wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:My sleep paralysis demon is named Konstantinos. Sometimes he'll show up when I have an episode and be like "Oh so you thought it was over huh? Well it's not."

Not a joke. I have the same one show up everytime and he's so smug about my situation.

Hm that closest thing I ever got to a demon was this. I remember when I was 8 years old and I lived in this aprartment. Now I suffered from constant and terrible dark nightmares. One day I went to bed and my dream was pretty good, I was skateboarding and having fun. However the scene changed to my room. It was an exact clone alike in every way. Now all of a sudden august of wind came form the window and ants and in large amounts crawled up the walls. I heard noises like banging and knocking as well as poster and paintings falling off the walls and such. It freaked me out quite honestly. Now I read lots of books talking about demons and stuff so what did I do? I started saying this “in the name of Jesus go away satan...” and started yelling at the room. It got worse as my clocks started to rewind and the hands moved fast, things fell up and then down inanimate objects moved, it was chaos. I yelled one more time and there was a moment of peace. Then a blue light came from my head and a dummy’s (the vanquisest doll) grabbed it and stuffed the blue light (what I saw) into my head. When I woke up I screamed out of terror and it woke up my parents. Now the scareiest part about it all was that usually when I wake up it’s my eyelids are close. My eyelids were half open, so it must have been a sleep paralysis experience.

What do you guys think?

I had two experiences when I was a very young child, at the ages of three and five.
I was lying in bed one morning, having just awoken, and I heard from the upper corner of my bedroom a medley of male, raucous voices speaking in some strange language. Their vocal pitch rose til the voices became hysterical rantings, and in terror, I actually crossed myself, and said a prayer, and then they suddenly ceased. I'm not schizophrenic, and I never heard these voices again.
The only time I saw something resembling a demon was when I was about three. I got up in the middle of the night, and, walking across the corridor outside my room, saw a tall, red glowing figure appear in front of me. It resembled Spiderman - its form was red, its eyes were curved and black, but it glowed with an inner illumination. I don't know whether I fainted or was somnambulating and dreamt the whole thing, but the next thing I remember was being awaken by my parents, lying down on the floor.
Last edited by Turelisa- on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Saint Yosx
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Yosx » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:45 am

Turelisa- wrote:
Witiland wrote:
Hm that closest thing I ever got to a demon was this. I remember when I was 8 years old and I lived in this aprartment. Now I suffered from constant and terrible dark nightmares. One day I went to bed and my dream was pretty good, I was skateboarding and having fun. However the scene changed to my room. It was an exact clone alike in every way. Now all of a sudden august of wind came form the window and ants and in large amounts crawled up the walls. I heard noises like banging and knocking as well as poster and paintings falling off the walls and such. It freaked me out quite honestly. Now I read lots of books talking about demons and stuff so what did I do? I started saying this “in the name of Jesus go away satan...” and started yelling at the room. It got worse as my clocks started to rewind and the hands moved fast, things fell up and then down inanimate objects moved, it was chaos. I yelled one more time and there was a moment of peace. Then a blue light came from my head and a dummy’s (the vanquisest doll) grabbed it and stuffed the blue light (what I saw) into my head. When I woke up I screamed out of terror and it woke up my parents. Now the scareiest part about it all was that usually when I wake up it’s my eyelids are close. My eyelids were half open, so it must have been a sleep paralysis experience.

What do you guys think?

I had an experience when I was five. I was lying in bed one morning, having just awoken, and I heard from the upper corner of my bedroom a medley of male, raucous voices speaking in some strange language. Their vocal pitch rose til the voices became hysterical rantings, and in terror, I actually crossed myself, and said a prayer, and then they suddenly ceased. I'm not schizophrenic, and I never heard these voices again.
The only time I saw something resembling a demon was when I was very young, about three. I got up in the middle of the night, and, walking across a corridor, saw a tall, red glowing figure appear in front of me. It resembled Spiderman - its form was red, its eyes were curved and black, but it glowed with an inner illumination. I don't know whether I fainted or was somnambulating and dreamt the whole thing, but the next thing I remember was being awaken by my parents, lying down on the floor.

My mother always told me that children who are very young can see into the sprit realm more easily since they are pure and uncorrupted by this world. It makes sense, since I used to have nightmares constantly and my dreams were complex and happened often.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:46 am

Saint Yosx wrote:I feel like pop culture kind of painted demons in a very light, entertaining, and fun way. Its sad to see that since its a serious problem and that they are not as lighthearted as people think.

(Btw Witiland is my old account)

It depends on the Demon in question.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:08 am

Turelisa- wrote:I had two experiences when I was a very young child, at the ages of three and five.
I was lying in bed one morning, having just awoken, and I heard from the upper corner of my bedroom a medley of male, raucous voices speaking in some strange language. Their vocal pitch rose til the voices became hysterical rantings, and in terror, I actually crossed myself, and said a prayer, and then they suddenly ceased. I'm not schizophrenic, and I never heard these voices again.
The only time I saw something resembling a demon was when I was about three. I got up in the middle of the night, and, walking across a corridor, saw a tall, red glowing figure appear in front of me. It resembled Spiderman - its form was red, its eyes were curved and black, but it glowed with an inner illumination. I don't know whether I fainted or was somnambulating and dreamt the whole thing, but the next thing I remember was being awaken by my parents, lying down on the floor.

Sounds like a waking dream, disregard it as such.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Previous

Return to General