NATION

PASSWORD

It's shower time baby!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Personally I..

..shower in the morning
20%
..shower at night
39%
..shower both morning and night
15%
..don't shower at all
2%
..Hasselhoff doesn't shower either because he's immune to dirt
5%
..I'mma let you finish, but New York New York is the best shower song of all time
4%
..I take long luxurious baths filled with fragrances and oils
8%
..something else
8%

Total votes : 109

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:30 pm

I never leave the shower. I'm in it 24/7/365. My water bill is probably a bit high but if I never leave the shower to see it then I won't actually know.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Eranaia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Eranaia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:21 pm

I used to prefer showering in the morning, but since Covid I've changed to showering when I get home from work. Probably makes no actual difference but it makes me feel a bit better. I go running a couple of times and week and absolutely need to shower when I get back.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:While very nice and enjoyable, it doesn't save water, or I have been doing it wrong...
Showering with friends means soaping eachothers bodies and chatting. With my so it tends to lead to special effects as to afterwards we need to soap up again...
Thus whenever I shower with others, it always takes longer. And cost more water.

I couldn't imagine doing that, being naked in the presence of someone else is something I'm not remotely comfortable with.

I’m not really either, but once someone whips out their naughty bits and starts going for yours (in an enthusiastically consensual environment) you kind of forget yourself. But I’ll cop to having been in a decade long intimate relationship where I’d still move to another room to change pants. But you never really know until you get there, because I’ve skipped out on naked fun ‘cause I didn’t want to be naked with a person. Only do what you’re comfortable with, just don’t let a preset assumption become a defining factor. Always evaluate.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:31 pm

Eranaia wrote:I used to prefer showering in the morning, but since Covid I've changed to showering when I get home from work. Probably makes no actual difference but it makes me feel a bit better. I go running a couple of times and week and absolutely need to shower when I get back.

My COVID showering habits would horrify you all.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:45 pm

Farnhamia wrote:I can't see it for me, I have long-ish hair and I won't go to bed with wet hair (I don't like hair dryers). I rarely come downstairs in the morning without washing up, brushing my teeth, etc.

Same and for similar reasons, actually.

Also long-haired and also don't like drying off with a hairdryer, so... unless I want to go to bed with wet hair and wake up looking vaguely like an Skye Terrier... morning it is!
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Eukaryotic Cells
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Eukaryotic Cells » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:43 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Eranaia wrote:I used to prefer showering in the morning, but since Covid I've changed to showering when I get home from work. Probably makes no actual difference but it makes me feel a bit better. I go running a couple of times and week and absolutely need to shower when I get back.

My COVID showering habits would horrify you all.

Even with COVID I'm getting in one shower per day. Been washing my hair less frequently (used to wash it with shampoo every day) but that's supposed to be good for your hair/scalp anyway.

You been letting yourself get ripe? :D

Destyntine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Destyntine » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:58 am

I'm very fussy about my hair. I have highlights right now and like to maintain my style all the time. I shower normally once a day at anytime I feel like it. Night, day, doesn't matter. Normally I shower right before whenever I go out in public. 60% of my time in the shower goes to my hair.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ I do stuff n' thangs.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Spaceship go Vroooom!

NS stats are not 100% accurate, but they do represent my nation slightly!
Yeah, I'm sassy! Get over it!

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:06 am

Torisakia wrote:I never leave the shower. I'm in it 24/7/365. My water bill is probably a bit high but if I never leave the shower to see it then I won't actually know.

You could save on water AND power by recycling your shower water!

Install some little basin in the cubicle though, so you don't have to get out of the shower to pee ...
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

The Northern Chinese Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Chinese Republic » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:15 am

I always take a shower or bath at night.

Think about how long you use the same sheets, blankets, or mattress without washing them. Even if you're a tidy person that remembers to wash your sheets, you probably don't wash them every day. So you don't want to go to bed all sweaty and get that all over your sheets.

Also, I am not a morning person and I do not want to get up early to make time for bathing.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:32 am

I shower in the morning every day, and one a week (usually Friday) I'll also shower at night as a way to cleanse myself of the preceding week.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:16 am

The Northern Chinese Republic wrote:I always take a shower or bath at night.

Think about how long you use the same sheets, blankets, or mattress without washing them.

Actually I'd rather not. My bed is my burrow, and if I can't smell it until I'm actually in it, everything's good.

I spent a while in a mental hospital, and I couldn't work out why it was so hard to get to sleep. There was a bit of noise from the street, but no more than I'm used to. I had a door that locked from the inside, and could only be opened with a key from outside. The mattress was a bit softer than I'm used to, but it wasn't that. Then for some whimsical reason I chose not to change the sheets. Every night after that it got a little easier to sleep.

But those weren't just scratchy, insufficiently sticky clean sheets. They'd been through the hospital disinfection type cleaning, and had a noticeably chemical smell. Now I know from having been more chemically sensitive early in life that if you can smell it, it might affect you. And of course things you can't smell at all could too. Luckily I don't get it much any more, but it really sucked: I could get sick anywhere that wasn't my own home and cleaned only with herbal soap. I think that's what was going on in the hospital, but it could also have been a psychosomatic thing. All that unfamiliar environment, and super clean sheets being just the last straw ...

Even if you're a tidy person that remembers to wash your sheets, you probably don't wash them every day. So you don't want to go to bed all sweaty and get that all over your sheets.

Also, I am not a morning person and I do not want to get up early to make time for bathing.

In my climate, it's much more likely to be warm in the early evening, than early in the morning. So the ideal time is actually late afternoon: early enough to still appreciate cooling down, but not so early that I'll get sweaty again that day.

I said before I often skip days? Well not so much in the summer. Combine getting clean (meh) with cooling down (yeah!) and I shower most days.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:35 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:While very nice and enjoyable, it doesn't save water, or I have been doing it wrong...
Showering with friends means soaping eachothers bodies and chatting. With my so it tends to lead to special effects as to afterwards we need to soap up again...
Thus whenever I shower with others, it always takes longer. And cost more water.

I couldn't imagine doing that, being naked in the presence of someone else is something I'm not remotely comfortable with.

I would only consider showering with another human if said human was my girlfriend/wife.

When my family is up at our camp, we sometimes take biodegradable soap with us when we swim.
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Page wrote:
The Tampa Bay area of Florida. The water wasn't pleasant to drink but I think it was clean.

The worst water I ever saw was at my cousins' house in upstate New York. I took a shower and the water looked milky.

Probably dissolved gas, in the process of bubbling out as the pressure is released. It will be gone in a minute.

It's not necessarily harmless though. If it smells of sulphur or natural gas, it should be left to sit for an hour before drinking. Probably a good idea to boil it too.

The water in my grandparent's old house smelled like sulfur. Showers there always smelled interesting.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:40 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:I couldn't imagine doing that, being naked in the presence of someone else is something I'm not remotely comfortable with.

I would only consider showering with another human if said human was my girlfriend/wife.

When my family is up at our camp, we sometimes take biodegradable soap with us when we swim.

You've never been skinny dipping with friends?
I love going to sauna/ Wellness centres and there you'll shower with utter strangers. So bringing friends and shower together is very normal.

I am one of those who will breastfeed during a funeral. So showering with others isn't a stretch for me.

Calimama
Minister

Founded: Feb 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Calimama » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:43 am

Typically I shower first thing in the morning, I might take another shower when I get home from work, but only if I feel particularly dirty.
I am thou, thou art I. Thou hast acquired a new vow. It shall become the wings of rebellion that breakth thy chains of captivity.
"And now, standing on this mountain of brave corpses, I have quite the view." - Erwin Smith
“You know the difference between me and you? I bleed red and you bleed green.” - Avon Barksdale
Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?
We believed, we believed, we believed

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
Just to see him fly
Too many died
We build a tower of stone
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Ooh, now where do we go

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:12 am

Stellar Colonies wrote:

I've only ever showered with my wife but neither of us enjoyed the experience because one of us was always cold waiting to get back under the water. And while washing a partner can be sexy on certain body parts, there are other parts you really just want to take care of yourself.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Cokoland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cokoland » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:16 am

I shower when i want 8)

On a more serious note i mostly shower at night(sometimes at day too) weekly (not all the times) i don't shower every day i think thats a waste of water, so i just wait untill i think i'm dirty enough
insert signature here

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:32 am

Page wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:I couldn't imagine doing that, being naked in the presence of someone else is something I'm not remotely comfortable with.

I've only ever showered with my wife but neither of us enjoyed the experience because one of us was always cold waiting to get back under the water. And while washing a partner can be sexy on certain body parts, there are other parts you really just want to take care of yourself.

Otoh, showing with a spouse, your back gets much cleaner than by yourself.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Page wrote:

Otoh, showing with a spouse, your back gets much cleaner than by yourself.

Koreans have body towels for that instead of wash cloths

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emmamcanaw/kor ... scrub-hack

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Thepeopl wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Otoh, showing with a spouse, your back gets much cleaner than by yourself.

Koreans have body towels for that instead of wash cloths

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emmamcanaw/kor ... scrub-hack

A very clever people, but it's not the same.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:38 pm

I shower in the morning. If it's particularly hot and humid, I'll shower again when I get home. During the pandemic -- shower when I get back from being out.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:11 pm

I show when it rains.

Which can make winter a little awkward.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:11 pm

Thepeopl wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I would only consider showering with another human if said human was my girlfriend/wife.

You've never been skinny dipping with friends?
I love going to sauna/ Wellness centres and there you'll shower with utter strangers. So bringing friends and shower together is very normal.

I am one of those who will breastfeed during a funeral. So showering with others isn't a stretch for me.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I'm not gonna knock yours. Call me a prude, but I really wouldn't want to go skinny dipping.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:20 pm

Quick, to-the point freezing showers in the morning, lengthy, very warm showers at night after I swim (to relax/get the choline out of my hair).

The Iron Lands
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Iron Lands » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:11 am

I am definitely a person that showers at night. It relaxes me before I go to sleep at night. I don't shower everyday, but at least a couple times a week. Showering at night makes time slow down for a bit and I can enjoy the hot water hitting my skin. One advantage is that I don't have to worry about anyone bothering me because they are all asleep. Also, it helps me stay awake if I need to study for one of my classes. If I ever shower in the morning, I have to get up way earlier because I move like sloth in the morning. It takes me a good 1 hour to fully get myself up and dressed especially if I take a shower.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General