NATION

PASSWORD

Is Hexing/Cursing Minors Ever Okay?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:45 pm

Scientology is absolutely a scam. So is Mormonism really.

Both were literally invented by a fiction writer and a con man, respectively.

Weird Wolf
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Weird Wolf » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:45 pm

Bluepillar wrote:I think Hirota may have overestimated how much I care about what people have to say, especially when it comes to how I should treat those that enable and support sexual predators and pedophiles (scientologists), a religion partly responsible for the entire western legacy genocide (the Europeans now much more forgivable for that than the many types of despicable, American Catholics that talk about how trans people are demons that need... some sort of vague, and worrying, solution on public radio, tend towards homophobia, and are way too much into bigotry on a wide variety of topics for me to respect them), and Mormons... who have racist scripture about how black skin is some sort of curse from Cain or Able, or whatever bullshit it was, as well as a legacy of the institution hoarding a massive amount of money perhaps illicitly (and, like other American megachurches, basically stealing the wealth of their constituents in exchange for promises of heaven or whatever the fuck it is Mormonism promises), and a history of enabling or even encouraging the abandonment of teenaged sons by mothers that should be caring for them a bit longer/shouldn't, you know, ABANDON their children.

All those things? Yeah. They're dangerous, or cruel, or inhumane. And I find it extremely worrying that someone would say they aren't.

Also: the founder of scientology admitted it was a scam. Hence the use of "dangerous or fake". I surely hope that was you overlooking things in what you thought was an intelligent confrontation of someone's "pompousness". Scientology? Fake and dangerous. Catholicism? Dangerous. Mormonism? Also dangerous... and, honestly, the average response from any of these religions to my existence is kind of exhausting to deal with.

And to call me pompous while supporting those kinds of people. Ugh. Gross.

All variations of Christianity are wrong. Therefore Wicca or Whatever?

There might be a religion for you -- you just haven't found it yet.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Weird Wolf wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:I think Hirota may have overestimated how much I care about what people have to say, especially when it comes to how I should treat those that enable and support sexual predators and pedophiles (scientologists), a religion partly responsible for the entire western legacy genocide (the Europeans now much more forgivable for that than the many types of despicable, American Catholics that talk about how trans people are demons that need... some sort of vague, and worrying, solution on public radio, tend towards homophobia, and are way too much into bigotry on a wide variety of topics for me to respect them), and Mormons... who have racist scripture about how black skin is some sort of curse from Cain or Able, or whatever bullshit it was, as well as a legacy of the institution hoarding a massive amount of money perhaps illicitly (and, like other American megachurches, basically stealing the wealth of their constituents in exchange for promises of heaven or whatever the fuck it is Mormonism promises), and a history of enabling or even encouraging the abandonment of teenaged sons by mothers that should be caring for them a bit longer/shouldn't, you know, ABANDON their children.

All those things? Yeah. They're dangerous, or cruel, or inhumane. And I find it extremely worrying that someone would say they aren't.

Also: the founder of scientology admitted it was a scam. Hence the use of "dangerous or fake". I surely hope that was you overlooking things in what you thought was an intelligent confrontation of someone's "pompousness". Scientology? Fake and dangerous. Catholicism? Dangerous. Mormonism? Also dangerous... and, honestly, the average response from any of these religions to my existence is kind of exhausting to deal with.

Yeah, I'm not Wiccan. IDK what impression this post about these religions gave off, but Wiccanism has waaaaaaaaaay too many rules for me (and honestly every time a Wiccan tells me not to do something cause it might have consequences, or brings up one of their many rules and tries to apply it to me, or says something that implies most African or African-derived forms of witchcraft (like rootwork, or some form of voudon) are "black magic" when that is a western concept being applied to a non-western concept, or when a privileged white witch contributes to the overharvesting of something like palo santo [which is used in a CLOSED PRACTICE, and could go extinct because of overharvesting], or when I deal with anything remotely similar it just turns me off to Wiccanism even more). I already have a faith, too. Mine has less rules about what I can do. In fact, so far the only rules it has are the ones I gave myself and also the rules I'm pretty sure that if I broke while I were a character in a parable would result in me being smote... so.
they/them, please.

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:50 pm

Odreria wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:And to call me pompous while supporting those kinds of people. Ugh. Gross.

Somebody's enlightened by his intelligence.

Their pronouns are they/them. Literally right there in their signature.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

Weird Wolf
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Weird Wolf » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Albrenia wrote:Scientology is absolutely a scam. So is Mormonism really.

L. Ron Hubbard wasn't just a writer, he was a Science Fiction writer!

Who could forget "the Indigestible Triton" (1940) or "Typewriter in the Sky" (1951).

Ground breaking. The kind of books you bury to read later.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:
Odreria wrote:Somebody's enlightened by his intelligence.

Their pronouns are they/them. Literally right there in their signature.

That's why I decided not to bother with a response to them. Some people simply aren't worth my time. So, either I don't give it to them, or I tell them to go away.

Weird Wolf wrote:
Albrenia wrote:Scientology is absolutely a scam. So is Mormonism really.

L. Ron Hubbard wasn't just a writer, he was a Science Fiction writer!

Who could forget "the Indigestible Triton" (1940) or "Typewriter in the Sky" (1951).

Ground breaking. The kind of books you bury to read later.

Not the only thing to do with that man I want to bury. :P
they/them, please.

Weird Wolf
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Weird Wolf » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Bluepillar wrote:
Weird Wolf wrote:

Yeah, I'm not Wiccan. IDK what impression this post about these religions gave off, but Wiccanism has waaaaaaaaaay too many rules for me (and honestly every time a Wiccan tells me not to do something cause it might have consequences, or brings up one of their many rules and tries to apply it to me, or says something that implies most African or African-derived forms of witchcraft (like rootwork, or some form of voudon) are "black magic" when that is a western concept being applied to a non-western concept, or when a privileged white witch contributes to the overharvesting of something like palo santo [which is used in a CLOSED PRACTICE, and could go extinct because of overharvesting], or when I deal with anything remotely similar it just turns me off to Wiccanism even more). I already have a faith, too. Mine has less rules about what I can do. In fact, so far the only rules it has are the ones I gave myself and also the rules I'm pretty sure that if I broke while I were a character in a parable would result in me being smote... so.

"Privileged White Witch" would have been a good name for my nation. It's too late now!

There are rules, whether you choose to see them or not. Look out for the line, it may be the edge of a cliff.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Weird Wolf wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:

"Privileged White Witch" would have been a good name for my nation. It's too late now!

There are rules, whether you choose to see them or not. Look out for the line, it may be the edge of a cliff.

Yes, well, some of us ask for permission before we do things, and are more servants than followers. And also some of us might've promised something in return - and no, I don't mean my soul smh. I want to build an American temple to one of my Gods. It's a big goal.
they/them, please.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Weird Wolf wrote:"Privileged White Witch" would have been a good name for my nation. It's too late now!

I'm sure that's a German power metal band.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Bluepillar wrote:Imagine the arrogance of calling someone pompous and then demanding they prove the existence of their religion, or faith, or whatever to an outsider . You can go play those games with someone else. The rest of this was way too much to read, and I'm not even going to bother lolol

This is hypocrisy, no matter which way you cut it:
Bluepillar wrote:b.) dont call others religions fake. thats.not okay. you should know not to be so arrogant in the own supremacy of your own world view by now.
Bluepillar wrote:the only people i say have a fake and or harmful religion tend to be Mormons, Catholics, and Scientologists, and even then most Mormons and Catholics I've mer seem pretty chill. It's more so the upper echelons i have a problem with. buf, uh, abuse of authority is a discussion for elsewhere.

Bluepillar wrote:Now, since you broke the rules of my thread, I'm going to ask you to stop talking to me and hopefully go bother someone else.

There's no thread ownership in NSGeneral, so you can't ask folk to leave.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:09 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:Imagine the arrogance of calling someone pompous and then demanding they prove the existence of their religion, or faith, or whatever to an outsider . You can go play those games with someone else. The rest of this was way too much to read, and I'm not even going to bother lolol

This is hypocrisy, no matter which way you cut it:
Bluepillar wrote:b.) dont call others religions fake. thats.not okay. you should know not to be so arrogant in the own supremacy of your own world view by now.
Bluepillar wrote:the only people i say have a fake and or harmful religion tend to be Mormons, Catholics, and Scientologists, and even then most Mormons and Catholics I've mer seem pretty chill. It's more so the upper echelons i have a problem with. buf, uh, abuse of authority is a discussion for elsewhere.

Bluepillar wrote:Now, since you broke the rules of my thread, I'm going to ask you to stop talking to me and hopefully go bother someone else.

Really? Cause the way I'm looking at it it's not cut that way.

I find it odd you think I can't say a "religion" that even the founder said is fake.. is fake. And that you don;t think any of these things are dangerous.

Additionally, I asked them to stop talking to me and go bother someone else. I didn't say they had to leave. I just blocked them. If I wanted them to leave the thread, I would've said that. I'll do the same to you if I want, too, because, uh, like... people genuinely seem to overestimate how much I have to care about what they say. And I don't. Care, I mean. At all. That's the benefit of being comfortable with one's own person.
Last edited by Bluepillar on Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they/them, please.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:12 pm

I thought we had started to have a more fun discussion, and was even contemplating a general witchcraft/occultism thread after the turn to a more pleasant conversation, and then suddenly you're supporting Hirota and someone that purposefully misgendered me. I find that a bit agitating, and you're really not my aesthetic right now, California Republic.
Last edited by Bluepillar on Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they/them, please.

Weird Wolf
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Weird Wolf » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:13 pm

Bluepillar wrote:I thought we had started to have a more fun discussion, and was even contemplating a general witchcraft/occultism thread after the turn to a more pleasant conversation, and then suddenly you're supporting Hirota and someone that purposefully misgendered me. I find that a bit agitating, and you're really not my aesthetic right now, California Republic.

Was it deliberate? I didn't notice your signature until someone pointed it out. Also signatures don't always show.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Bluepillar wrote:Really? Cause the way I'm looking at it it's not cut that way.

It's pretty clear hypocrisy. You ask people not to do something, and then you do that same thing yourself.

Bluepillar wrote:I find it odd you think I can't say a "religion" that even the founder said is fake.. is fake. And that you don;t think any of these things are dangerous.

Can you read minds? Hm? It's odd that you are acting as if you have an all-seeing beam by which you can read my thoughts.

Bluepillar wrote:Additionally, I asked them to stop talking to me and go bother someone else. I didn't say they had to leave. I just blocked them. If I wanted them to leave the thread, I would've said that. I'll do the same to you if I want, too, because, uh, like... people genuinely seem to overestimate how much I have to care about what they say. And I don't. Care, I mean. At all. That's the benefit of being comfortable with one's own person.

K, this is such a weird statement that I'm just going to let other folk here look at it and judge it for themselves, no comment needed from me at all.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:15 pm

Weird Wolf wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:

You can have multiple nations :)

(though only 1 in the WA at a time)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Bluepillar wrote:I thought we had started to have a more fun discussion, and was even contemplating a general witchcraft/occultism thread after the turn to a more pleasant conversation, and then suddenly you're supporting Hirota and someone that purposefully misgendered me. I find that a bit agitating, and you're really not my aesthetic right now, California Republic.

This isn't always a fun place, necessarily. And people can accidentally misgender you sometimes. It sucks, but you can just correct them too. Some people don't see sigs.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Weird Wolf wrote:

Was it deliberate? I didn't notice your signature until someone pointed it out. Also signatures don't always show.

Probably. Why wouldn't it be? They did conveniently cut out the stuff about transphobia in that message to try to target my intelligence, or whatever it was that they said. That isn't exactly in their favor for my consideration of their innocence.
Last edited by Bluepillar on Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they/them, please.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:16 pm

If you sincerely think someone is purposefully misgendering you then report it in moderation, instead of using it as a weapon in a debate.

Wave on, wave on

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Bluepillar wrote:

The New California Republic wrote:This is hypocrisy, no matter which way you cut it:

I find it odd you think I can't say a "religion" that even the founder said is fake.. is fake. And that you don;t think any of these things are dangerous.

I didn't follow all 12 pages of this thread, but I'm pretty sure the other posters were pointing out the hypocracy rather than having any special love for Catholicism or Scientology.

because, uh, like... people genuinely seem to overestimate how much I have to care about what they say. And I don't. Care, I mean. At all. That's the benefit of being comfortable with one's own person.

Then why even start a thread in the first place? A debater who doesn't want to hear conflicting opinions is like a boxer who won't get into the ring.

Weird Wolf wrote:

Also this. But of course, that's something for moderation to decide.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:18 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

If you sincerely think someone is purposefully misgendering you then report it in moderation, instead of using it as a weapon in a debate.

Oh, I did. And this isn't a debate. You have an opinion, I have one. I don't care about yours. I thought I made that clear.
they/them, please.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Geneviev wrote:

This isn't always a fun place, necessarily. And people can accidentally misgender you sometimes. It sucks, but you can just correct them too. Some people don't see sigs.

We should look down on those kinds of people.

We should sigmatize them.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:20 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:

I didn't follow all 12 pages of this thread, but I'm pretty sure the other posters were pointing out the hypocracy rather than having any special love for Catholicism or Scientology.

because, uh, like... people genuinely seem to overestimate how much I have to care about what they say. And I don't. Care, I mean. At all. That's the benefit of being comfortable with one's own person.

Then why even start a thread in the first place? A debater who doesn't want to hear conflicting opinions is like a boxer who won't get into the ring.

Because we're supposed to be debating something completely different, but I was all for answering a wide variety of questions and engaging in various topics as long as people were respectful. The question is "is hexing/cursing minors ever okay?"

Not "am I a pompous bitch?" I already have friends who will tell me the truth about that.

And not "hey, let me try to force you to prove your religion is real in front of everyone after insulting you because for some reason I think that's a good idea", and certainly not my rendition of "why all of that was a bad idea".

I didn't report the thread for derailing for a reason. Most of this is kinda fun. I don't always get to have these kinds of discussions with people :D I just am happy to have somewhere to do it.
Last edited by Bluepillar on Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
they/them, please.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:21 pm

Bluepillar wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:If you sincerely think someone is purposefully misgendering you then report it in moderation, instead of using it as a weapon in a debate.

Oh, I did. And this isn't a debate. You have an opinion, I have one. I don't care about yours. I thought I made that clear.

If you didn't want to debate, you probably shouldn't have come to a debate forum.

If it's just NCR that you don't want to debate with, then just stop responding to NCR's posts.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:22 pm

Bluepillar wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:If you sincerely think someone is purposefully misgendering you then report it in moderation, instead of using it as a weapon in a debate.

If you don't want to debate here, then why did you bother making a thread in NSGeneral, hm?

Wave on, wave on

Bluepillar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluepillar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Bluepillar wrote:

If you didn't want to debate, you probably shouldn't have come to a debate forum.

If it's just NCR that you don't want to debate with, then just stop responding to NCR's posts.

See the post right above yours, which is also mine. The debate, which doesn't even exist anymore - hence leading me to want to make a general witchcraft/occultism thread, and perhaps a Discord for it. was about something else entirely.
they/them, please.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General